To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 22 aka Snowmageddon

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM) - formerly TTF, TFFO & TPLO. For Telegraph Newspaper games see forums above.
mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man
Location: cut down like a vegetable by your hard kickin mother who's an animal
FS Record: 269th TFF 08/09, 11th TFFO 08/09, 49th TFFE 08/09, 50th Elephant 10/11, 92nd Sky Sports 10/11

Re: Week 22 aka Snowmageddon

Post by mike_d99 »

Decided to gamble on Tevez in 5 of my 7 squads last night. Wasn't 100% sure if it was a good move or not, but I'm glad I did now! 40 points means the transfer has pretty much been a success already.

Best team now in 22nd, others took hefty leaps too.

Not got much cover across my squads for tonight, but I don't see many of the top teams being heavy on Birmingham or Portsmouth players either so no biggie.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Bought Tevez into my main team a week or so back so quite pleased - now nicely in top 1000 :D ( :oops: ).

ISO not so good as for funding reasons and to be different I went for Bellamy :?

Got 1 or 2 players tonight in both teams - IF they start. And Gerrard better play tomorrow or I am coverless there with Johnson out.

MindVampire
FISOhead
FS Record: TFFO - Runner-up 2009/10

Post by MindVampire »

Oddsman wrote:
MindVampire wrote:I wonder if Oddsman transferred him into Iguana?
I think, MV, in your heart of hearts you know the answer to that :D :wink:
Yeh... an uncomfortable truth LOL

So, I quite predictably slipped into 2nd place thanks to Tevez.
And as NM mentioned… I may have to ensure he doesn’t become my nemesis and play safe and consider putting him in after all. As it stands, 14 (or 15) of the current top-20 have Tevez in their teams... not sure about the total number in the top 100 but it looks like AK is right when he said most of them.

If I do decide to hold my nerve and avoid him... I'll have to hope my prudence means that I have more remaining transfers than those near me... Still though, fingers crossed when Adebayor is back and when Robinho is fully fit and trying to impress… Tevez wont look like a good season long pick... Break a leg springs to mind :shock: LOL
Ashers wrote: Think I will now be over 200 points behind first.
On the plus side for you Ashers, as I didn't have him, and my lead was 35 pts... you've only lost 5 pts on 1st place :)

As for seemingly everyone else on Fiso, well done for a good wkends score :P

NEONTETRA
FISOhead
FS Record: RUBBISH (but in 2010 - 23rd in TFFO)

Post by NEONTETRA »

Nice one Carlos! Bumps me up to 34th! :shock:

Fuseballah
Treebeard

Post by Fuseballah »

seems like the successful ones rubbing the salt into the wound....it was either tevez or Bellamy... but from instinct when tevez is in form he remains in form until a red card or unlikely injury....but the points acquired from Tevez last night was greater than what drogba had in his last 3 weeks even on star man.

although tevez is relatively cheaper than drogba it will cost me 2 transfers, as i have to get shot of Ireland.
so the points is a reward. :lol:
now am contemplating between Lampard or Joe cole.

Glen johnson needs replacing too. but there is no worthy full back to choose....unless if rafael can stay injury free.

other sqauds are badly lagging behind, i think i can afford to burn a few transfers to give them a complete make over as there is nothing to lose right now :evil:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Fuseballah wrote:Glen johnson needs replacing too. but there is no worthy full back to choose....unless if rafael can stay injury free.
Insua is 1m cheaper and, despite what I keep expecting, hasn't lost his place. Yet.

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Post by FrankieFrog »

For me, the points from last night sum up why this is can be the most beautiful and brutal of all fantasy games - and still the best. Half the points of an average week can be gained or lost on one player's performance, and single figure point gains you chisel away at for weeks can all disappear in three kicks of a ball.

With a good rub of the green, and a few transfers in hand, I still wouldn't rule out anyone about 200 points off the top from lifting the title, especially given some of the surprise Premiership results this season.

As in most fantasy games, I think trying to analyse other people's teams can often be self-defeating, but if 14 of the top 15 do have Tevez I'd suspect bringing in Tevez now would seem a sensible decision. But in a game so fickle, I'd also be inclined to take the long-term view that teams outside the top 15, without Tevez, are still going to play a part in the final placings.

Whatever decision you make MV, your top team has been outstanding all season (I was convinced and hoping it was an early monthly effort that would soon sink like a stone) but the disappointment of missing last night's haul shouldn't overshadow your current position and chances at the end of the season - especially given how your 2nd squad also put itself well and truly in the mix by taking advantage of Tevez's performance.

Good Luck.

Fuseballah
Treebeard

Post by Fuseballah »

murf wrote:
Fuseballah wrote:Glen johnson needs replacing too. but there is no worthy full back to choose....unless if rafael can stay injury free.
Insua is 1m cheaper and, despite what I keep expecting, hasn't lost his place. Yet.
thanks, totally forogt about him...i think i was expecting to put him in another sqaud of mine that had dossena.

BigJonS
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won some stuff

Post by BigJonS »

An interesting week then at the top. I brought in Tevez about 5 weeks ago and he's been one of the reasons behind my move up to p3.

Still lots to play for and it wouldn't surprise me if the timing of dropping tevez for a n other is just as important come season end.

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

FrankieFrog wrote:For me, the points from last night sum up why this is can be the most beautiful and brutal of all fantasy games - and still the best.
I like that 8-) and I totally agree!

And thanks for your perspective FF... It would be great if we were battling to the last weekend of the season for the title :D
Like you say though, there's still a long way to go before the fat lady sings... Which makes me wonder what the winning points tally will be this year… 3000-3100 pts?

Oh and Fuseballah... be wary of Joe Cole if today’s press is anything to go by (regarding his future at Chelsea and his place in the side.)

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

BigJ, Good early catch with Tevez.
I wonder where Adebayor will fit into Mancini's plans when he resumes and I wonder how many will be undoing a Drogba - > Tevez move when the big Drog is back...

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Thanks for all the thanks :wink:

Bad luck on Tevez last night MV. Hope you can regain the no 1 again quickly, as you did last time you slipped off the top if I remember rightly :)
I don't mean to try and sway your decision on what to do about him, but all the Tevez owners won't be benefitting too regularly in the next few weeks: as he only has 2 fixtures (1 if rested against Scunny) until 30 Jan (in a period where Torres for example has 6).

I'm pleased that my ISO squad has joined my best one inside the top 50 after the Argentinian's antics. Must be the first time I've had two teams this high. Expect it could be the last though :lol: - ISO might drop back out after tonight's action, as all the Birmingham blocks will be rising up the table. :lol:
Speaking of which, anyone fancy starting a week 23 thread? :wink:

(PS. I can see the winner having 3300+ points. We're barely past halfway in the league (200/380), and the FA Cup's only had one round of six: so I predict we could be moderately close to doubling the current 1766. :!: )

Worm
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 5th TFFOSM 07/08, 466th FPL 12/13

Post by Worm »

reds363 wrote:Thanks for all the thanks :wink:

Bad luck on Tevez last night MV. Hope you can regain the no 1 again quickly, as you did last time you slipped off the top if I remember rightly :)
I don't mean to try and sway your decision on what to do about him, but all the Tevez owners won't be benefitting too regularly in the next few weeks: as he only has 2 fixtures (1 if rested against Scunny) until 30 Jan (in a period where Torres for example has 6).

I'm pleased that my ISO squad has joined my best one inside the top 50 after the Argentinian's antics. Must be the first time I've had two teams this high. Expect it could be the last though :lol: - ISO might drop back out after tonight's action, as all the Birmingham blocks will be rising up the table. :lol:
Speaking of which, anyone fancy starting a week 23 thread? :wink:

(PS. I can see the winner having 3300+ points. We're barely past halfway in the league (200/380), and the FA Cup's only had one round of six: so I predict we could be moderately close to doubling the current 1766. :!: )
Nice Moz there Reds on Torres :roll: Comes off injured after 29 minutes & may turn that 4 extra game buffer on Tevez into a nothing sandwich :evil:

Not the best 7 mil I've spent to date, even though he's in my best team in 80th odd.

Come back home quick Didier :lol:

looneytoon77
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFFO 07/08 15th place, TFF Twitter League 3rd Place 12/13, William Hill MOTM 5 Winner 12/13, William Hill Season Winner 2012/13

Post by looneytoon77 »

Put Torres into my top squad last night – Got 28 minutes from him & now he’s crocked – To make matters worse, so is Gerrard! With the games Liverpool had coming up I thought it was a gamble worth taking, oh how wrong I was… :evil:

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Worm wrote:Nice Moz there Reds on Torres :roll: Comes off injured after 29 minutes & may turn that 4 extra game buffer on Tevez into a nothing sandwich :evil:
Ooops!! Sorry everyone! :oops: :lol:

Worm
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 5th TFFOSM 07/08, 466th FPL 12/13

Post by Worm »

No sweat Reds, just helps me to stitch up my next transfer. :wink: Think I'll wait for Didier however, even if it is a month before he's back. Just don't fancy anybody else beyond who I already have in this squad. And even if I do, it's a lottery working out who will fire over the next month :roll:

looneytoon77
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFFO 07/08 15th place, TFF Twitter League 3rd Place 12/13, William Hill MOTM 5 Winner 12/13, William Hill Season Winner 2012/13

Post by looneytoon77 »

Worm wrote:No sweat Reds, just helps me to stitch up my next transfer. :wink: Think I'll wait for Didier however, even if it is a month before he's back. Just don't fancy anybody else beyond who I already have in this squad. And even if I do, it's a lottery working out who will fire over the next month :roll:
I second that Worm, not going to transfer Torres out until Drogba is back, still transfers are nearing the non existant stage again for me this season due to injuries & bad choices!

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

I am going to take a massive gamble on Ngog.

Watch me drop down the leaderboard

Loidis
Treebeard

Post by Loidis »

looneytoon77 wrote:Put Torres into my top squad last night – Got 28 minutes from him & now he’s crocked – To make matters worse, so is Gerrard! With the games Liverpool had coming up I thought it was a gamble worth taking, oh how wrong I was… :evil:
You are not alone :oops: :evil: :oops: :evil:

Wait or change....... :?:

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Thinking about a double switch:

Kuyt and Eduardo out.

Kranjcar and Tevez in.

Any thoughts?

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

Ashers wrote:Thinking about a double switch:

Kuyt and Eduardo out.

Kranjcar and Tevez in.

Any thoughts?
A bit of a tinker if you ask me Ashers, have you got decent Arsenal cover without Eduardo? Both Kuyt and Eduardo are fit so may be worth leaving them be, with Gerrard and Torres out you could be onto a winner holding Kuyt for upcoming Liverpool games (albeit skimpy decent ones). Don't think Kranjcar is necessarily first choice with Modric back so not such a great buy now, also Tevez became a must have for the last few weeks but you may have missed the boat on that one.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM)”