To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 19 - Part 2

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM) - formerly TTF, TFFO & TPLO. For Telegraph Newspaper games see forums above.
Worm
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 5th TFFOSM 07/08, 466th FPL 12/13

Week 19 - Part 2

Post by Worm »

Flange 1
Portsmouth V Liverpool - 12:45

Benitez has assured fans that his mob will finish top 4, so these are the sort of games that Liverpool need to dot the I's & cross the T's on if that prediction will come to fruition. With Torres likely to start, many managers will be keen to get off to a flyer with the Spaniard saluting off the bench mid-week. Gerrard has been quiet by his lofty standards, but may use this game to get things moving again, or at least quite a few managers will be hoping that is the case. :roll: Kuyt & a fit again Johnson may also be considered for armband duty. Not much to offer down at Pompey & only the gutsiest of gutsy mangers will go a KPB or Dindane for captain at this lunch time fixture.

Flange 2
Aston Villa V Stoke City - 15:00
Blackburn V Tottenham
Fulham V Man U
Man City V Sunderland

Only 4 games, but interestingly, this flange may still prove a small headache for a few managers running around with any of Rooney, Defoe, Adebayor, Agabaga & Bent in a squad, with benching 1 a strong possibility :? Plenty of other options in the midfield to consider for captaincy with the in form Milner wreaking havoc on most weeks & Valencia well & truely finding his feet at Old Trafford. Krancjar is another player in the zone, & he & Lennon will probably take it right up to Rovers.

Flange 3
Arsenal V Hull - 17:30

The midfielder of the season so far is hamstrung, so this flange will open up a few options with who to star. Arsharvin becomes the hot pick as Arsenal look to give Hull a nasty work over at The Emirates. Will Eduardo get a start :?: :roll: Personally I can vouch for some egg on my face with that transfer, as the Gunners have relied on a makeshift strike force of Arsharvin, Nasri & Fabregas to keep things ticking over. Another possibility for captain will be Vermaelen who is well & truely overdue another goal :wink: Other than Geovanni, I doubt too many mangers will go out on a limb with this fixture bar an act of desperation :shock:

Flange 4
Wolves V Burnley - 13:00
Everton V Birmingham - 15:00
West Ham V Chelsea - 16:00

This flange will probably be all about the returning Drogba & how that will impact most manager's scores with those who are sticking fat with Lampard or Anelka :| Those of us who have decided to do something about our poor performing teams & just go for broke with a Chelsea semi or full block, will be hoping for a neat game in defence which has eluded the boys down at Stamford bridge of late. In other games, Cahill returns for Everton & Saha comes into contention as they host a miserly Birmingham outfit. While will Wolves & Burnley go for broke & return a goal feast to assist managers who have put faith in Fletcher & Alexander :?:

Flange 5 - 20:00
Wigan V Bolton

A game that may have some significance for those mangers who have placed faith in Rodallega as their 4th striker or the in form Klasnic at Wanderers. N'Zogbia is another popular choice for the ISO boys who have persisted with one of the few shining lights at the JJB. Hard to make a call on this game for a reuslt, but a nil all draw will probably be the least favoured outcome for managers I dear say in this final flange for game week 19.

All the best fellas as we head into the frantic & unpredictable xmas campaign :wink:

yoda1680
Wideboy

Re: Week 19 - Part 2

Post by yoda1680 »

Thanks for the write-up Worm - after a miserable 47 point mid-week performance from my only side, I will be mainly hoping for some gerrard / adebayor / drogba fireworks this weekend.
good luck everyone!

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

I am going to take a gamble today to catch up 1st place with:

Flange 1 - Captain Kuyt
Portsmouth V Liverpool - 12:45

Flange 2 - Captain Milner
Aston Villa V Stoke City - 15:00
Blackburn V Tottenham
Fulham V Man U
Man City V Sunderland

Flange 3 - My one and only Arsenal player - Eduardo
Arsenal V Hull - 17:30

Flange 4 - Captain Drogba
Wolves V Burnley - 13:00
Everton V Birmingham - 15:00
West Ham V Chelsea - 16:00

Flange 5 - 20:00 - Captain Rodallega
Wigan V Bolton

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

good luck folks - I'll be interwebfree all day today so the following better start and score well-

Gerrard
Rooney (hat trick in 10-3 defeat of course)
Adebayor
Arshavin (hat trick in 4-3 defeat of course)

Most are captained but I've also dropped Bent for the 2 forwards

Fuseballah
Treebeard

Post by Fuseballah »

Unbelievable.....Fulham thrash united 3-0 with a budget sqaud....what is ferguson thinkin benching a 30million striker :evil:
can't even remember if i starred rooney or Lemon...although fulham are a class budget team (albeit Chelsea reserves).
Roy Hodgson should be Man city manager instead of Mancini.

:twisted: :twisted:

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

One Word

Eduardo

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

What a crazy day! Just 42, 35 and 26 points from my teams today, highest scores in each of them coming from a mixture of Arshavin and Arsenal defenders on star in the late game.

MindVampire
FISOhead
FS Record: TFFO - Runner-up 2009/10

Post by MindVampire »

A bad day for my best teams.
Saturday's scores: Lowest 22 pts, average 35 pts and highest 53 pts.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

Bog standard stuff here as well.. defenders to the rescue 40 (ISO), 33, 48, 38, 38 :|

looneytoon77
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFFO 07/08 15th place, TFF Twitter League 3rd Place 12/13, William Hill MOTM 5 Winner 12/13, William Hill Season Winner 2012/13

Post by looneytoon77 »

Have to say not a good day, top team (ISO) managed 36pts & 24 of them came from defenders! 5 players left to play in that squad. Think it would have been a pretty miserable day all round for scores so not expecting much league movement.

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2nd YTM 09/10; 3 TFFO Top 10 finishes; 6th TFCI 2008.

Post by AkNotSpur »

Brilliant decision, by me, to bench Zamora in The Banned United yesterday. :oops: Would rank as one of my most costly ever TFFO decisions if I was anywhere near the top, or entitled to any dosh if I was up there. :roll:

Worm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Worm »

AkNotSpur wrote:Brilliant decision, by me, to bench Zamora in The Banned United yesterday. :oops: Would rank as one of my most costly ever TFFO decisions if I was anywhere near the top, or entitled to any dosh if I was up there. :roll:
It's real "back in your box" sort of stuff Ak :roll: We all dread the striker clash at the best of times :evil:

My leading team (ISO) got smacked around the chops big time. I think I only managed 11 points for heavens sake :shock: Just can't make any ground on the top 100 let alone the top 20 heading into the new year. My 2nd best team in around 300th managed 47 so far, so I'll be hoping that that team can fire up some more today. Other two teams not worth mentioning unless Chelsea defence can start to bring home the bacon real soon :roll:

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

After yesterday, I have moved up to 17th.

mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man
Location: cut down like a vegetable by your hard kickin mother who's an animal
FS Record: 269th TFF 08/09, 11th TFFO 08/09, 49th TFFE 08/09, 50th Elephant 10/11, 92nd Sky Sports 10/11

Post by mike_d99 »

Thanks for the write-up Worm. :D

Must've been a low-scoring day, my best team only scored 46 and I thought I would waving goodbye to the top 100, but instead went up 19 places to 62nd :shock:

Three of my teams managed scores in the 40s, but one got 15 :lol:

Some tricky starman choices today. I'm not a fan of these Sunday mega-flanges.

Oddsman
FISOhead
FS Record: Daily Mail Winner 2014-15 TFFOSM Winner 2007-08 & 2008-09; TFC 5th 2001; TFF 7th 2009-10

Post by Oddsman »

Cheers for the write-up worm.

Amazing to think it's now nearly 2 years since you made your assault on the summit. Happy days.

Hopefully you will be joining the shake up before the end of the season - it's certainly becoming very interesting up here.

MindVampire
FISOhead
FS Record: TFFO - Runner-up 2009/10

Post by MindVampire »

Bad scores for all my Drogba teams today.
Todays scores: Lowest 4 pts, average 15 pts and highest 29 pts.
And thanks for the write up Worm :)

Worm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Worm »

Oddsman wrote:Cheers for the write-up worm.

Amazing to think it's now nearly 2 years since you made your assault on the summit. Happy days.

Hopefully you will be joining the shake up before the end of the season - it's certainly becoming very interesting up here.
Ahhhh, cheers Oddsman. Just a blur now, just a blur :lol:

FFL kept me ticking along for my new leading team which was 41 pts off the top 100 going into today. Really tried to help that team along by making 2 transfers today which saw me give Given "the lemon & sass" & Cech back in after a poor return over the past 2 months on that initial swap. :roll: First time ever that I have used transfers on GK's since playing this game & now I know why :lol:

Won't reveal my other transfer which was necessary to bring Cech back in but hopefully it will make the difference over the next few months :|

Bloody Nora, my Chelsea full block in my "making up the numbers squad" has taken a beating the past month :roll: Funnily enough I have only had all 5 of them, for you guessed it....the past month :evil: The transfer gods were having a ripping chuckle no doubt when I got stuck into those changes I'm sure :oops:

Bring on the xmas/new year fixture glut :!: 8-)

Chocs
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Chocs »

A reasonable weekend for my teams, although my second team continues its poor week and is down to 61st. Top team holding its own in 18th, but the big winners were my 3rd and 4th teams which have made up 340 places between them over the week and are just bubbling under the top 100 now. Still a long way off the top though!

Most of my teams seem to be benefitting from my lack of transfer activity in the last month or so, but it's getting to the time for working out a plan for moving out the African Nation players. Not sure if the next couple of games will give an indication of the impact of the changes at Man City. May just go back to my pre-season plan of avoiding them altogether until things settle down.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Not the worst week so far (including midweek)

My ISO has crawled up from 900 to 885th with 105

My main team is attempting respectability with a 127 but remains in 1244th on 1144.

Still got a fair few transfers but some dodgy picks too. Will have a think and come up with a plan around the ACN and FA cup start.

mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man
Location: cut down like a vegetable by your hard kickin mother who's an animal
FS Record: 269th TFF 08/09, 11th TFFO 08/09, 49th TFFE 08/09, 50th Elephant 10/11, 92nd Sky Sports 10/11

Post by mike_d99 »

Best team up 108 places to 41st this week :D Finally feel as if I'm getting somewhere.

My other squads remain firmly in the 'need more work' category though :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM)”