To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2007 ATP Fantasy Tennis Season

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Tennis games (including Fantasy Wimbledon)
bagpuss
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bagpuss »

I see we all had similar thoughts about this weeks selection for some reason........ :wink: :lol:

bagpuss
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bagpuss »

Just in case you guys haven't seen the warning on the site - selections have to be made by 5pm CET this week due to the start of the tournament in Washington

Which means I'm gonna have to make my selections this evening, based on the entrants, rather than having seen the draws..........

edit: Not that it matters now but this should obviously have said Sun 5pm CET :lol:
Last edited by bagpuss on 30 Jul 2007, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.

cam23
Red & Blue Braces

Post by cam23 »

bagpuss wrote:Just in case you guys haven't seen the warning on the site - selections have to be made by 5pm CET this week due to the start of the tournament in Washington

Which means I'm gonna have to make my selections this evening, based on the entrants, rather than having seen the draws..........
Thanks for the heads up. Tough luck, bit of a lottery when you cant see draws.

Not much happening this week with pretty similar teams but I will be cheering on the crazy russian tursanov in the US hoping he can gain me a few points!

Muddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Muddy »

Any thoughts on which tournament to go for this week.

On the fanasy site the Polish tournament has more prizemoney but if you look at the tournament itself it gives lower figures whic make Washington more lucrative. Perhaps prize money has been reduced in Poland, if so I wonder which they'll use for the competition?

bagpuss
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bagpuss »

Muddy wrote:Perhaps prize money has been reduced in Poland, if so I wonder which they'll use for the competition?
Well I sure hope its the amounts on the fantasy site...........

Im really hoping for some upsets in Poland this week, with the bigger names starting to think about the change of surface and the Masters Series events coming up.

Im slighty worried that one of my 'safe' choices (Almagro) is already out though. Still, its opened up the draw for Acasuso :wink:

Well done on the Tursunov selection cam23

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

cam23 wrote:
bagpuss wrote:Just in case you guys haven't seen the warning on the site - selections have to be made by 5pm CET this week due to the start of the tournament in Washington

Thanks for the heads up. Tough luck, bit of a lottery when you cant see draws.
The Draws will always be available before
the event starts
http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/home/

The Masters Series next week starts on Sunday as well in Montreal

Code: Select all

SUN	29	7	 16:00	BST
SUN	 5	8	 15:00	BST
MON	13	8	 15:00	BST
SUN	19	8	 15:00	BST
MON	27	8	 15:00	BST
MON	10	9	 02:00	BST
MON	24	9	 03:00	BST
MON	 1	10	01:00	BST
SUN	 7	10	09:00	BST
MON	15	10	09:00	BST
MON	22	10	07:00	BST
MON	29	10	09:00	GMT

bagpuss
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bagpuss »

Judio wrote:The Draws will always be available before
the event starts
http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/home/
Yeah I know, the problem this week was that I was away for the weekend, without internet access, and the earlier deadline meant I had no chance of seeing the draws.

Cheers for the advice on Montreal, hadnt noticed that yet

Muddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Muddy »

Almagro and Volandri already out, which is good for me as I avoided both of them.

Ended up going about 50:50 across both tournaments.

The only plus side is that it isn't a big scoring week. I almost offered to keep an eye on your team but wasn't sure if you'd have wanted me to.

bagpuss
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bagpuss »

Muddy wrote:I almost offered to keep an eye on your team but wasn't sure if you'd have wanted me to.
I had considered asking someone but figured it would either get too complicated or be unfair pressure to put on someone.

Wouldn't have minded you checking on my doubles choice though, as I couldnt find any info on entrants at all!

I know where to come in future though, and am happy to help likewise if needs be.

It seems like Im getting the cull of the Sopot seeds I was looking for, its just I also seem to be losing plenty of my outsiders :roll:

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

Dont worry about Sopot

The trick is to concentrate on Your Big 5 events for the top players.

You have 2 Grand Slams and 4 Masters Series events which
carry the most money.

However traditionally most players do not play the last one in Paris.

If you want to know which players are playing, check out

http://www.stevegtennis.com/forum/viewf ... 9a8f387ab9

Entry lists are published 6 weeks in advance

bagpuss
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bagpuss »

Great link Judio - cheers for that. The tournament websites can be appalling.

Will certainly be useful towards the end of the season in working out who to use and when.

Im currently just inside the top 200, so sensible use of the top players (and a large slice of luck) and I could finish in a decent position

Muddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Muddy »

What's everyone reckon for next week?

With only 5 picks allowed for each player do you leave out the big 2?
The top 4 prize money tournaments are Wimbledon, US open, Madrid and Paris with Montreal (this week) and Cincinatti (next week) ranked 5th=.

So if you've picked them twice already it may well be time to drop one (or both) if they play in the other big 3 tournaments. They are scheduled to play in all 3 but injuries and a change of mind are always possible, (neither played Paris last year).

So do you keep them in and hope they don't play one of the later tournaments or do you drop them next week?

bagpuss
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bagpuss »

I'm ignoring Paris in that respect. There's often a surprise winner, and as you and Judio have already mentioned, the top players often sit it out, either due to injury at the end of a long season, or prefering to concentrate on the Masters Cup.

Next week will be tough though. Im tempted to look at the players who have gone out in the earlier rounds this week. I'll definitely be leaving Nadal out having used him 3 times now, leaving him free for the US Open and Madrid.

bagpuss
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bagpuss »

Im feeling very uneasy about the lack of Nadal in my team for this week, especially with Djokovic and Federer in the other half of the draw.

Im hoping for a big week from Gonzo!

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

bagpuss wrote: Im hoping for a big week from Gonzo!
Lost in first round (again)

He seems to have done nothing since the Final of Australia

First Round loss at French Open, Monte Carlo, Montreal
and now Cincinnati

bagpuss
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bagpuss »

Judio wrote:
bagpuss wrote: Im hoping for a big week from Gonzo!
Lost in first round (again)
Yep - that lasted a long time! :roll:

bagpuss
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bagpuss »

bagpuss wrote:Im feeling very uneasy about the lack of Nadal in my team for this week, especially with Djokovic and Federer in the other half of the draw.
Never happy to see a match is decided by retirement, but I cant help a little :)

cam23
Red & Blue Braces

Post by cam23 »

bagpuss wrote:
bagpuss wrote:Im feeling very uneasy about the lack of Nadal in my team for this week, especially with Djokovic and Federer in the other half of the draw.
Never happy to see a match is decided by retirement, but I cant help a little :)
Yep, that has certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons and Im sure a smile on your face Bagpuss!

Nadal & Djokovic dumped out early. Draw opened up rightly now, opportunities for the likes of Blake and Hewitt perhaps.

bagpuss
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bagpuss »

And now Roddick has gone as well :shock:

There could be big gains made by some this week

Hewitt - Berdych final would certainly be nice........

cam23
Red & Blue Braces

Post by cam23 »

bagpuss wrote:Hewitt - Berdych final would certainly be nice........
Not likely now as the big Czech joins a host of other big guns on the sidelines, losing in straight sets to Davydenko.

So thats another of my players gone, having a real shocker this week - only Fed and Davydenko left :shock:

Yeah anyone who showed some balls with their selections this week and didnt play safe like the rest of us could really be reaping the rewards. Should certainly shake the leaderboard up a bit.....

bagpuss
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bagpuss »

cam23 wrote:having a real shocker this week - only Fed and Davydenko left :shock:
I expect there will be plenty of people in the same position. Im down to those two and Hewitt now.

Cant really see Moya, Ferrer, Almagro and Querrey being selected by many. Id rather not see Blake get much further, though even he was a risky selection this week following his withdrawl from Monteal.

I think its safe to say no-one will be collecting the million from the Bracket Challenge!

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

If you look under Standings on the website, the tables are updated daily

There is a table for this week only

So you can see who has Fed, Davy, Blake ,Hewitt and the Bryans

cam23
Red & Blue Braces

Post by cam23 »

Deja vu!!

Missed the cut off for this week at New Haven. must be starting early due to US Open next week??

Pretty terminal mistake for my season with all the big guns in my team, wasting a go each! Should really have learnt my lesson about checking during the week but there you go. Hope no one else was caught out.

bagpuss
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bagpuss »

cam23 wrote:Deja vu!!

Missed the cut off for this week at New Haven. must be starting early due to US Open next week??

Pretty terminal mistake for my season with all the big guns in my team, wasting a go each! Should really have learnt my lesson about checking during the week but there you go. Hope no one else was caught out.
Not great to miss the cut off, but theres worse weeks to do it. Dont worry about the selections - they only count if they actually play (for example it doesnt show me having selected Tipsarevic as he pulled out of Sopot about an hour before his first round match)

You'll just have to hope Davydenko keeps his title!

Muddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Muddy »

Guys,

Don't forget the game is back on after a week off.

cam23
Red & Blue Braces

Post by cam23 »

Muddy wrote:Guys,

Don't forget the game is back on after a week off.
Good call mate! I had totally forgotten again, missed a week after the US Open it appears - really need to concentrate more this year.

bagpuss
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bagpuss »

This competition had lost its appeal a bit with the break for the Davis Cup matches coming quickly after the two-week long US Open, but the last month should be really interesting, starting with decent money being available in Tokyo next week.

Id dropped back a bit following another average Grand Slam, but have now had wins from Gonzalez and Tursunov, plus hopefully Gasquet to follow. Im still hoping for a top 100 finish if I can make the right selections over the coming weeks.

The last two Masters Series events could shake things up, as theres probably a lot of players running low on the number of times they can select the likes of Nadal, Roddick and the Bryan Bros.

And then of course the other two weeks each have three tournaments, all with good money available. I've no idea what the best tactics for those weeks will be, and making the right choices could pay huge dividends.

cam23
Red & Blue Braces

Post by cam23 »

Just logged in to pick my team for this week to find the deadline has passed!

Tourneys in Vienna and Stockholm began today with a grand total of 4 matches between them. Cant really see the virtue in that, very unusual to start on sunday with no grand slam next week and other tournaments just finishing today!

This game has managed to really frustrate me this year. Particularily after a decent week last week.....

Glad to see you got your changes in Bagpuss but I fear Muddy may not have been as observant.
Last edited by cam23 on 08 Oct 2007, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.

Muddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Muddy »

Yeah,

Went on this afternoon to make my changes and yes - I'd missed the cut off. Just when moving up a bit too.

No-one to blame but myself (concentrating on the footy and rugby) but the early start could be publicised a bit more.

bagpuss
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bagpuss »

Yeah, I got them in last week, but was at a wedding last Saturday so had to make my selections using the lists on the tournament websites.... Stockholm listed 4 players! :lol:

Its a great game this, but sometimes accessing the info that you need to be successful is a real pain in the ass

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Tennis”