To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

NFL chat 2023/24 season

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Re: NFL chat 2021/22 season

Post by forestfan »

Mo Bot wrote: 07 May 2021, 16:35 Chase Daniel is still the daddy. 5 career starts, 261 career passing attempts. $37m
Decent completion rate :wink: More TDs than INTs (just), and YPA a bit above Gabbert Zone... there’s probably a number of worse QBs who have had a season as a starter.

The aforementioned Clipboard Jesus (aka Charlie Whitehurst) made 9 starts in an 11-year career, 5 of them in one season for the Titans. A pretty dismal 55% completion rate from 396 attempts and 6.2 YPA, though only 8 INTs and 11 TDs.

Peterman by comparison has thrown 12 INTs including three pick-sixes from 135 attempts :shock: Rodgers has the same number of pick-sixes from 7,332 attempts including play-offs :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Less of the back to the future blah jobs 😂😂😂😂

Does any one have any good/bad vibes?

Any ideas re Wilatson and Brady?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Don’t know, the real silly season is here now, top headlines this morning were DK Metcalf’s mediocre 100m time and “NFL players celebrate Mother’s Day” (you’re two months late, Yanks...) And you thought pre-draft season was tiresome, it’s still 4 months until any meaningful action.

I can’t see any significant trades happening over the summer, don’t remember any in the past.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I thought his time was OK, but maybe the NFL bods need some trials and training. I'm sure some have run in 100m or 110 hurdles in the past.

Im not sure about meaningful trades ie the QB's as Eagles have so much draft capital.... The Texans could easily get 1st pick plus their 3.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Packers won’t back down on Rodgers at least until he fails to show for the opening game. (I take it you meant him rather than Brady?) That one’s heading for the courts if he doesn’t come back.

No suggestion Russ will down tools, and the Seagulls have no successor or backup of note. That one will resurface after their customary tame wildcard round exit in January.

Watson’s the only plausible one right now and only if his legal issues are resolved.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Watson to Eagles, is my best guess if he pays the women off. I don't want to credit the Texans with common sense, but if they get next years first from Eagles too...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

So the when is added to the who tomorrow.... I guess our 2 vs Ravens will be on late night?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

At Chefs in GW1.....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Dak Prescott the 4th highest paid sportsman in the world :shock:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

😂😂😂😂😂

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

It’s always the most recently “paid” QB who appears highest... past entrants in the top 10 include Kirk Cousins, Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan etc.

Brady is also in the top 10 this year though does have more “off-field” earnings than most NFL players. Surprised Mahomes isn’t, but it’s a lot down to how contracts are structured. Full top 100 doesn’t appear to be out yet.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Mahomes was renegotiated this year to create Cap Space. I think the easiest way is to change salary to a Signing Bonus.....

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Yeah, I think a lot of Dak’s was up front, so expect him to plummet down the table like Sheffield United next time around.

Mahomes was supposed to be the biggest contract in history by some way, and expect his off-field marketing potential will only grow as well.

For every other sport it’s typically the biggest stars that dominate the list (Messi, Ronaldo, LeBron, Hamilton, Roger/Rafa/Novak/Serena) but NFL contracts are a law unto themselves it seems. You get plenty of baseball and basketball players I’ve never heard of further down the top 100, but that’s probably because I don’t really follow baseball and basketball.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Inspired by the W1 tv selection of LVR (based on tv ratings, apparently) over Clowns at Chefs, which is a possible game of the season, let alone week?

Who are the equivalent in the Prem for the Raiders re holding their popularity despite moving location?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 13 May 2021, 14:08 Inspired by the W1 tv selection of LVR (based on tv ratings, apparently) over Clowns at Chefs, which is a possible game of the season, let alone week?

Who are the equivalent in the Prem for the Raiders re holding their popularity despite moving location?
Not quite sure what you mean, as no English football club has been “franchise moved” within living memory other than McDons, who haven’t got close to the PL since...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

It's still weird to me how existing fans can still like a club that moves tbh. I guess Debbie (does Dallas) are MU in terms of tv audience, but who are the rest?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

I guess the nicknames are a brand as much as/more than the city in some cases.

Patriots probably equivalent to a Chelsea or Man City, a bit rubbish until 20 years or so ago then became a powerhouse...
49ers maybe more like a Liverpool, trying to restore 80s glories...
Packers maybe an Everton or Spurs, history and strong local identity but not quite getting over the winning line these days.
Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago etc. align with the old Lancashire clubs, few remember their greatest glories but they still have moments of hope for reviving them alternating with years of plumbing the depths...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

It seems like Julio is on the Trade Block, which I understand re Salary Cap. What I don't understand is why now and why not before the draft?

It seems senseless to do it after the Draft when the bright young WR's are bring drooled over by their proud new H\O C's. Toss in the SC Reduction and those who had space should have spent it by now?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Yeah, seems strange... though veterans and rookies are very different currencies these days, and there’s probably lots of creative stuff they can do in terms of restructuring contracts as part of a deal.

Texans added a fifth QB to their stable in former Bungles backup Jeff Driskel. What odds all five of them seeing a snap, or even a start?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Well, the Bungles could have gone Sewell if they had Julio?

As way above, I still see him as an Eagle before the next draft (subject to SC clauses). Houston could be picking people from the crowd or local bars this season, as they seem to have a Roster of 3rd Stringers.....

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

The Bungles could have gone Sewell anyway. I dont think we're really the kind of destination Jones would end up in anyway. Straight swap for OBJ?

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

blahblah wrote: 13 May 2021, 14:26Debbie (does Dallas) are MU in terms of tv audience, but who are the rest?
Never compare Dullass to MU, please. That shit is painful.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Bob Newhart wrote: 21 May 2021, 08:11
blahblah wrote: 13 May 2021, 14:26Debbie (does Dallas) are MU in terms of tv audience, but who are the rest?
I thought you'd like that 😂

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Mo Bot wrote: 21 May 2021, 01:12 The Bungles could have gone Sewell anyway. I dont think we're really the kind of destination Jones would end up in anyway. Straight swap for OBJ?
I doubt the latter very much, although hindsight shows it to be a bad Trade.

But they couldn't get Sewell and a top WR.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Bob Newhart wrote: 21 May 2021, 08:11
Well, hated by the neutrals, loved by the TV schedulers, and the largest average distance from supporters’ residence to home stadium? You can even add serial underachievement to the parallel since Fergie retired. Only thing missing is playing in dark blue with a silver star.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Not sure about a blue star, what about a gold crown?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Wilson out for 6 months...

...no, not Russ, or even Zach for that matter. Niners RB Jeff, the injury curse has struck again already. Down to Sterling and the new guy already...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Damn you.

It took me ages to work out which of the Wilatsons it was .... then it's a non-story 😥

Any progress on Julio to the Pack, and will Buck be there?

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

blahblah wrote: 21 May 2021, 10:50 Not sure about a blue star, what about a gold crown?
hayesag has a favourite poo image that perfectly sums up the Cowboys.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 26 May 2021, 20:40 Damn you.

It took me ages to work out which of the Wilatsons it was .... then it's a non-story 😥

Any progress on Julio to the Pack, and will Buck be there?
Well, Julio won’t be going there to catch passes from a redshirted rookie or Blake Bortles, that’s for sure...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”