To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

NFL chat 2018/19 season

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: NFL chat 2018/19 season

Post by blahblah »

On the basis that they don't have Player Managers :lol: then yep.

Apparently in 100 years this their first mid-season sacking, although another did resign.

Hardly a surprise though as they have been very poor, imho, and that loss wasn't that much of a surprise\shock? Rhetorically typing: do they have other players or is it just Buck vs the opponents? How has he managed them and fooked over Ipswich? :?

Less flippantly :lol: if MM was calling all those "great comeback" plays then what does happen now?

A few times I have heard the following: Rodgers record when behind at the start of the 4th Quarter to a side with a Winning Record is a stonking 0%, so it must be true?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Well, anyone losing to Arizona this season is a shock, of sorts...

Just seems a classic situation of things going stale. They’ve drafted poorly and have never been big players in the trade/free agency market, a superstar QB can only carry you so far, and other than Rodgers’ ad-lib plays they’ve looked lost on offense. Of course, it’s worth noting that McCarthy did manage the transition from Favre to Rodgers and oversee the young understudy’s rise to the top. Chances are he will land another HC job, but both sides needed a change.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Yep to the drafting: there was an interesting thing about them being about "draft and develop", but who was in control of that?

Young Mahomes was rather good this weekend with his scrambling being comparable?

Of the young ones him and Baker look the business to me.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Washington lose another QB to a broken leg :shock: Step up Mark Sanchez, and whoever else they can find off the street...

I suspect people won’t have too much sympathy for the team, even if they do for the unfortunate second string passer... this article sums it up nicely, re. Kaepernick, Foster et al. https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/04/washi ... kaepernick

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Anyway, welcome back to the NFL for the fourth cab off the QB rank in Trumpton...
Josh Johnson's contract with the #Redskins is his 20th with 12 different NFL teams, not including contracts in two minor leagues.

He has started five NFL games, last threw a regular-season pass in 2011 and has made a little over $6 million.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Sounds grate....

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 22:35 Sounds grate....
I think we need a “Crap quarterbacks who keep getting jobs” thread :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Quite possibly :lol:

The last few weeks have highlighted the Kap issue rather well though?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 22:48 Quite possibly :lol:

The last few weeks have highlighted the Kap issue rather well though?
Yeah, I think although he’s probably better than most backups and at least a few starters, nobody thinks it’s worth the hassle this far down the line. Especially teams with essentially a lost season already, though the ‘Skins could still sneak over the line with a not too tough run-in if they can somehow overcome the lack of a serviceable QB.

Doesn’t sound good for Smith anyway, apparently suffering with an infection after multiple surgeries. They’re seemingly hammered on salary cap as well if he can’t return next season or the one after, with the structure of his contract being the issue.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Great start for Mark Sanchez in Washington... 2 of 7 for 6 yards and 1 interception :lol:

I picked the Giants in the predictions, though wavered a bit when I saw Becks was out...

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Miami sink the Pats with a last-second effort the All Blacks would have been proud of :shock:

Mahomes also performing miracles to keep KC in it against Baltimore, but a missed FG takes it to overtime.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Snooker here, so KC lost as well as the Pats?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 21:21 Snooker here, so KC lost as well as the Pats?
No, they won in OT... looks like their division rivals the Chargers are their main rivals for #1 seed now, with Houston losing as well.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

The Colts\Luck are kinda interesting, and Believeland for the PO's is far from dead as per a week or two back.

Steelers vs Pats for the Div would really shock me as opposed to neither being there.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

The AFC seems to have plenty of depth this year, whereas in the NFC, I really can’t see six playoff-worthy teams. Someone might get in with 8-8 or 8-7-1 or something like that...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep 10 with 500+ vs 6, so Rams\Saints edge ahead of the AFC, and maybe Seattle over Bears\Cowboys?

I'll hope for the Steelers to beat the Pats next weekend, which should have both in WC matches....

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Regarding the Pats, what were they doing putting Gronk in at safety anticipating a Hail Mary from a spot that would have been way too far back for even Mahomes or Rodgers to fire it at the end zone, let alone Ryan Tannehill? He was never going to be the most mobile in coverage against a rugby play :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I'll catch it, well watch :lol: :lol: it tomorrow on the youtube highlight things.

While I "get" that they grow into seasons, they look poor and do doopid stuff too often from what I have seen. BB has to nail the eccentric\novel\fake plays for them to get through the KO matches.

But then my head is more with the semi conspiracy stuff re Butler and BB going with the "Well let Brady win it then" and is off this close season.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Worst QB performance of the day contest...

Mark Sanchez: 6/14, 38 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT
Kyle Lauletta: 0/5, 0 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT

Nathan Peterman will have his phone close at hand, even if Colin Kaepernick might not :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Blah packs suitcase 8-)

I'm sure the shoulder pads will hide my wine gut, and I won't be the first to just give the ball to RB's?

Kap hasn't played for so long and only makes sense for a Franchise with a post season as it will take that long for him to "get" their plays? And that assumes his fitness and match sharpness?

I am far from defending Not For Long boycotting him as he was quite good? (ie before my refound interest, so I accept my ignorance)

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 22:53 Blah packs suitcase 8-)

I'm sure the shoulder pads will hide my wine gut, and I won't be the first to just give the ball to RB's?

Kap hasn't played for so long and only makes sense for a Franchise with a post season as it will take that long for him to "get" their plays? And that assumes his fitness and match sharpness?

I am far from defending Not For Long boycotting him as he was quite good? (ie before my refound interest, so I accept my ignorance)
Well, he divides opinion as a player, which just fuels the whole debate further. To some, he’s a more than viable starter who took a team to the Super Bowl and just lost his way in an imploding situation in San Francisco afterwards. To others, he’s a flash in the pan gimmicky QB who got worked out after a couple of seasons.

There’s little doubt he’s better than the majority of backups at least, but as an unorthodox sort of QB that you probably have to build an offense around, he’s perhaps not really suited to that role.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

My oh my, Miami :shock:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Josh Johnson v Blaine Gabbert, in week 16, and it’s meaningful in play-off terms for both sides! NFL really is a game of last man standing, and sometimes that journeyman in the right place at the right time can write his name in history.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Bucs fire their head coach before the players have finished their post game shower it seems.

Playoffs are wide open IMO.

Why are the Cardinals trying?

Do I want the Browns to let the Steelers into the playoffs?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I tried to jinx the Steelers :(

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

blahblah wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 00:31 I tried to jinx the Steelers :(
The Steelers were always going to beat the Bengals. The surprise was that it was even close

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Mo Bot wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 00:36
blahblah wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 00:31 I tried to jinx the Steelers :(
The Steelers were always going to beat the Bengals. The surprise was that it was even close
That in itself proves the Steelers don’t deserve to be in the playoffs...

Regarding why the Crads were trying, well, players and coaches don’t want the #1 pick, it increases their chances of being shown the door. On that subject, it looks like a very defence-heavy draft by all accounts, with no massive benefit to owning the top pick. The top prospect of a lukewarm QB class decided to stay in college, so those needing a change under center may opt for a trade/free agent stopgap.

As for the playoffs... it is wide open, there’s no obvious pushovers in there. I do fear for KC somewhat, as they’re so dependent on Mahomes (especially since Khunt was booted out) and if someone can shut out the passing game they’re in trouble. The Pats are fortunate to get a bye with an 11-5 record, but are best placed to benefit, even if they themselves look more vulnerable than they have done for a while. It will be tough for anyone to turn over the Saints in the Superdome, so for the Super Bowl I’m going for the future HOF clash between QBs with a combined age of 80, and Brees to come out on top.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Hmmmm to surprise as my jinx nearly worked and the Texans were woeful too :wink:

The Steelers were lucky to be above the Browns who they manged 0.5 (to 1.5) against? 12 months ago this would would have been mocked beyond belief - if Huge Jackson had been dumped earlier and Baker started sooner (along with a reasonable kicker) then they would be in the Play Offs, imh(umble)o. Shirley they are Ba(n)kers for next year, given the start they gave the rest in the Division this year and PS losing 2 of the B's. I am erring on him being better than Mahomes who had a year learning the adult game from the sidelines, but they need to make a good (ie olde wise) HC appointment with Bill Bellycheek being far from ridiculous. He started there and I sense trading the wrong QB is still in the front of his mind so I think this will be his last Patriot season, having got jobs for his Co-Ords and hung Brady out to dry. His ideal of a last SB is looking dodgy after the Colts win as I think he fancied the Texans over the Chargers\Ravens. Not that I understand how they are 2nd Seed given how it is flexible re the lowest Seed on Monday gets the No 1 Seed as opposed to it all being set in stone already: the Chargers should be No 2 ie 4 winners plus 2 go to WC, but Seeding should be as per Record with KC and LaC as first two?

The Pats 5 losses were all away and NONE against teams in the Play Offs, which seems odd\interesting re beating the teams that matter. But a lil digging shows the win at Chicago being on Oct 21st and the other wins at the Bills and Jets. Their schedule http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/ne is surprisingly easy given HT and IC (Luck) having slow starts as well as PS and GB imploding, with the less typed about MV the better. Unfortunately, I still fancy them to win the AFC, if they beat the Chargers or Ravens.

I'm still trying to get my head around:
the Giants going for Barkley rather than a QB - yes I know his Combine stats were off the scale, who is dad is etc - but it smacks of Keegan at Newcastle and his roof with no foundation. The stuff on Youtube from the time of the Draft is kinda intersting with that wise 20\20 Hindsight thing, lol
and
if\when PS trade AB, do his new lot only have to pay $1m a year for him as he costs them 22m to stay and 21m if he goes?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

The seedings always rank the four division winners by W-L(-T) record, then the wildcards are 5 and 6. There’s been some debate about that recently, when for example a 12-4 wildcard team can have to travel to a 9-7 division winner - but they obviously want to maintain the reward of a home play-off game for winning your division, which has always been the case with this format. There is an argument that if you win a weak division with less than 10-6 you should be thankful to be there at all...

The Giants decision will give us more hindsight judgement in seasons to come... given this year’s QB draft crop appears weak and Jax are picking above them, there has been more talk that they may well stick with Eli for another year or even two. I think he at least returned to serviceable level of performance in the second half of the season, and if they don’t see their next franchise QB being available they may stick rather than twist again. They might draft a development prospect in the middle rounds and/or bring in some free agency competition.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Not sure the Chargers would benefit much from home field advantage anyway... every game is pretty much an away game for them at the moment. When they move into their new home alongside the Rams, it remains to be seen how much of a fanbase they can build, otherwise they’ll be moving cities again before long (back to San Diego? St. Louis or Oakland? London, even?)

A Lombardi Trophy would help attract a few glory hunters I guess :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”