To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

NFL Game Season 4

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Re: NFL Game Season 4

Post by forestfan »

Cam Newton (Panthers) you mean? Lost his way a bit this season, was very inconsistent though still making the odd spectacular play - bit of a hangover from the Super Bowl blowout for him and his whole team I think, they went sub .500 and never really threatened to make the playoffs. Will be interesting to see how they bounce back next time around.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Yep, can never remember his name.

Superbowl was all about him, and the kid bombed..... The Offence is more than the QB, which is why I do like the Falcons.

I tried to find a youtube of Don't Call me Mark Chapman (for BBC viewers) but they are all really quiet :(

So have this instead :lol:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

No Don Fart in attendance as far as I'm aware, but 90-something-year-old George Bush (the first) out for the coin toss...

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

I fancy Falcons by double digits

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

"Bosher" has to be the most appropriate name ever for a punter...

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Defenses well on top so far surprisingly, looks lile a scoreless first quarter...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote:No Don Fart in attendance as far as I'm aware, but 90-something-year-old George Bush (the first) out for the coin toss...
Doh - too drinkled or old for that to drop straight away :oops:

Despite the above, tis good to see the Defences on top...

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Very surprising. To be fair, Brady did well to hang on when he took the shot in the back.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Not sure who this start suits... at least it wasn't a first quarter of picks, fumbles and safeties, which tends to mean one team has let the occasion get to them.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote:Not sure who this start suits... at least it wasn't a first quarter of picks, fumbles and safeties, which tends to mean one team has let the occasion get to them.
Top jinxing.

I thought a bit of attrition and 1st to crack....

(I do like the way the Falcons play from what I have seen of post season - kinda pi55er the one of their coaches is off to SF?)

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Hopefully he can revive the 49ers, though he's got sod all to work with right now, needs a spectacular draft like Dallas had last year...

Assistants/co-ordinators always get snapped up as head coaching candidates if they're good. I bet Belichick has had a fair number working under him over the years, and kept winning regardless.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote:Hopefully he can revive the 49ers, though he's got sod all to work with right now, needs a spectacular draft like Dallas had last year...

Assistants/co-ordinators always get snapped up as head coaching candidates if they're good. I bet Belichick has had a fair number working under him over the years, and kept winning regardless.

I'm almost sounding like I know what I'm talking about now :lol:

Belichick did all 3 Coaching things before going head?

Sanu (sp) still hasn't been hit? They cover Jones and Sanu rocks?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Not sure about Belichick's career progression but most of them come through the ranks in that way to become HC, look up coaching trees... rarely seems to work in our version of football, most highly regarded assistants look lost when they get a top job for some reason.

Cover the top receiver and the next one in line will rack up the yards, yes...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote:Not sure about Belichick's career progression but most of them come through the ranks in that way to become HC, look up coaching trees... rarely seems to work in our version of football, most highly regarded assistants look lost when they get a top job for some reason.

Cover the top receiver and the next one in line will rack up the yards, yes...
Twas on BBC Preview re Belichick - has Falcons bod done the other 2? I kinda assumed succeed at a Franchise with one, and then get HC job....

Falcons have more than 1 Plan B?

Falcons soaring 8-)

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

They haven't put a foot wrong yet, really... apart from not scoring on first couple of drives, which didn't panic them. They've got in Brady's face on defence which is the way to rattle them, great as he still is, he's 39 and can't run (never really was one of his main attributes anyway!)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Oh hubba bubba 20-0.

Looks like another non-close thang.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

We were spoilt with so many close Super Bowls a few years back, this could be three blowouts in the last four I think... if there's one team you can't write off it's New England, but nobody has even turned over a 14 point deficit to win a SB, never mind 21. A pick six was the last thing you'd expect from Brady in this situation...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote:We were spoilt with so many close Super Bowls a few years back, this could be three blowouts in the last four I think... if there's one team you can't write off it's New England, but nobody has even turned over a 14 point deficit to win a SB, never mind 21. A pick six was the last thing you'd expect from Brady in this situation...

As above a QB\attack cracks...

An interesting 3rd Quarter, even after Gaga exorcising Trump :?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I haven't been to an exorcism like that before, and Diana Ross wouldn't have worn those "shorts" with that spare tyre.

Did Dusty ever do the half time thang?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Pats TD but missed extra point... Gostkowski rarely misses in the post season.

Too soon for an onside kick?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Well, I second guessed Belichick (or his ST coordinator) there... they eff it up anyway :lol:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Well, how many gave up on that I wonder? Up there with Headingley '81 and the Miracle at Medinah for sport's greatest comebacks.

Atlanta will struggle to get over this, the game was theirs and they had so many chances to put it beyond reach. Like Carolina this year I suspect they'll have their feet up in front of the TV next January. For Brady maybe the ideal time to ride off into the sunset, what more is there for him to achieve? Maybe one more crack at 19-0 I suppose? Still, he looks like he could play another 5 years or more.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

It was decidedly weird. Once the Pats won the OT toss, it was all over.

One of the wilder chokes in sport?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Yeah, they lost their heads as well as running out of energy defensively having spent so long on the field. It's such a game of momentum though, that it only takes one TD to completely change things. Surprised we haven't seen anything like this in the Super Bowl before (although the Niners nearly did it in the "Powercut Bowl" a few years ago...) as it seems when I watch a regular season game that looks over as a contest and I'm considering switching off, it usually turns right around.

Is this the crowning glory for the Brady/Belichick era now, or will they use it a launching pad to reel off two or three more in a row now before they call it quits? They lose a few to free agency apparently so have to rebuild, but that's how they seem to like it. Chances are they will be back next year, facing the usual randomly picked NFC team who nobody really considered before the start of the season.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Not a clue, but I wonder what the San Francisco lot are thinking now. 24 hours ago the bright new Off coach is arriving: now......

While wine has dulled my memory it was quite jaw dropping how everything went so wrong so quickly. Apart from that one catch the Pats didn't seem to suddenly become brilliant, they just seemed unerringly functional?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote:Not a clue, but I wonder what the San Francisco lot are thinking now. 24 hours ago the bright new Off coach is arriving: now......
Well, losing the plot for 8 or 9 minutes against the Patriots (of which perhaps 2 or 3 poorly called or executed offensive plays could have been blamed on him) isn't that relevant to his new task, which is to totally rebuild a 2-14 franchise that has lost nearly all its top level talent over the past couple of years, and barely had a functioning offense at all recently.

They're a long way from having to think about closing out wins against elite teams at the business end of a season (which the Falcons did comfortably against NFC perennial powers Seattle and Green Bay anyway...) so can't really see how it changes things, apart from not having that aura of a Super Bowl winner when he walks in.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I was thinking of his mental\emotional fallout as much as what he did\didn't do on the pitch.

There are defeats then there is that. From cruising and in control to......

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

He might be less haunted by it in a new location than those players/coaches who stay... not saying the 49ers have more chance of winning it than the Falcons next year given the massive talent differential of the respective rosters, but a clean break might be a good thing!

The regular season MVP award is increasingly becoming a poisoned chalice, it's a long time since the winner took the Super Bowl honours. Matt Ryan could have got himself in the probable Hall of Fame category if he had closed this one out - instead he probably forever remains in the group of "nearly men" QBs like Romo, Rivers, Smith, Dalton etc.

Alchemist
Grumpy Old Chemist
Location: Finally in the promised land - Premiership Champions 2014 - Come on you Saints!!!!!
FS Record: Snoopy vs The Red Baron

Post by Alchemist »

So when you win in overtime by a TD - What happens to the extra point........ would have made all the difference to Maldini!!!!

I won the playoff thingy.

Same time next season everybody???

Mo Bot
Dumbledore

Post by Mo Bot »

Behave yourself Forestfan. Dalton is currently a nearly, nearly man. You surely need to get to a Championship game or Superbowl to be a nearly man.

I fell asleep halfway through the third quarter then woke up just after the Pats scored their first TD. I thought the game was over so I went to bed. I watched the fourth quarter back this morning and was staggered at some of the play calling. 3rd and 1 and they pass instead of running to at least keep the clock running. First down at the 22 when leading by 8 and didn't run the clock down or get a FG to put them back up two scores.

To be fair, the Pats did threaten in the first half but uncharacteristically lacked composure in the opposition half.

I don't see Atlanta challenging next year although if they can keep Jones then he has the skills to keep them in any game.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”