To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

NFL Chit chat thread

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: pretty dire with occasional moments of genius

NFL Chit chat thread

Post by AKNel1 »

Business as usual for the Seahawks last night, although the Pack made it easy for them with penalties on key plays. Percy Harvin was a handful all night long but it was Marshawn Lynch who was right on top of his game with 120+ yards and 2 TD's.

Green Bay will be competitive again and could well win their division but they are very poor against the run.

Some great matchups for opening weekend with the highlight probably Indianapolis visit to Denver.

Rick Spangle
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC 2012 T20 - 3rd in runs league

Re: NFL Chit chat thread

Post by Rick Spangle »

I was expecting a rough week 1 with Rodgers and Lacy up against our Seahawks, but you can't really bench either of them, just have to hope that there's not too much damage. Unfortunately though, there might be exactly that with Lacy's concussion. Here's hoping for good news, (real life and fantasy!).

Rick Spangle
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC 2012 T20 - 3rd in runs league

Post by Rick Spangle »

Oh man, benching Antonio Gates :cry: torpedo-ing both my fantasy team and real-life team at the same time.

calc
FISOhead

Post by calc »

McCoy and Sproles were terrific last night against the Colts. When Sproles has blockers you can't see him. I like Foles' arm, but he had a lot of passes to the RB's which made his numbers look better than he played. He had way too much time to throw and seemed to go for the safe option more often than not. Can't see Indy going very far without a pass rush.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Not the best week for the NFL and its image (running backs who play in purple, particularly...) The league and teams have clearly handled it badly and Goodell is under pressure with sponsors getting nervous, but it does seem to be getting presented as an illustration of a wider trend, rather than isolated cases - does the NFL really have a bigger domestic violence problem than American society as a whole? Admittedly drugs and the social background of a lot of players may have an effect.

Anyway, the Vikings suspending/cutting Peterson have probably given themselves a decent shot at number 1 overall draft pick next season... and perhaps the last ever Hall of Fame RB (in these days where they're generally workhorses who are as expendable as kickers and punters) has probably torn up his ticket.

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by AKNel1 »

Bad week for the Hawks but they were only 5 plays away from winning the game. Harvin's fumble that gave SDC a short field for their 2nd TD, Irvin pushing Rivers when he was already out of bounds resulting in a penalty call which extended a drive rather than having SDC punt away

And of course, forcing 3 fumbles but recovering none of them. I've long been a believer that games are decided on half a dozen 'momentum' plays and when they go against you, you're screwed.

Next up, Peyton Manning and the Denver Donkeys in a Superbowl 48 re-run, this time at C-link field. I can't believe they'll just roll over and get their tummies tickled again, so should be a corker.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

The 16-0 talk didn't last long, anyway :wink:

The early weeks in particular are a bit of a lottery, I always find myself thinking at this stage that every single team is going to finish 8-8 - makes the prediction game particularly tricky, at least until the season's true whipping boys become obvious!

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by AKNel1 »

forestfan wrote:The 16-0 talk didn't last long, anyway :wink:

The early weeks in particular are a bit of a lottery, I always find myself thinking at this stage that every single team is going to finish 8-8 - makes the prediction game particularly tricky, at least until the season's true whipping boys become obvious!
That division is far too tough for anyone to go 16-0, I quite like the Cards to win the West this season. In the NFC as a whole, Panthers will be tough for anyone, not sure what to make of the Eagles and obviously 49ers will still be tough but look a little short of the last couple of years.

In the AFC I like Cincinnati, until the playoffs start. Baltimore should get at least a wild card. Texans are going to be the surprise package. I think the Patriots will miss out but not sure who will step up. Broncos and Chargers will fight out the West

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Are we back to the old days where the NFC Championship Game was a virtual Super Bowl? I know the Seahawks lost to an AFC team but there don't seem too many stand-outs there. The Chargers might be the best bet if Rivers keeps playing at "big four" level.

Momentum is a big factor, it's remarkable how often even a top team has a three score lead and let their opponents back in. That's why 16-0 and 0-16 are so rare (along with the early weeks settling down period and late season where divisions/byes etc. are already clinched).

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by AKNel1 »

I'd say SDC were fired up by the prospect of beating the current Champs. Something Seattle are going to have to deal with, I'm not convinced they (SDC) can play to that level every week.

I think the AFC is Cincinati's to lose this year, mind you they will probably find a way to make that happen.

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by AKNel1 »

A big shock late last night as Seattle traded Percy Harvin to the Jets for a conditional mid round draft pick. Considering what they gave up to get him (1st, 4th & 7th round picks) and the little playing time he's had it seems a little early to be giving up on the Harvin experiment. Throw in the now very thin looking Seattle wide receiver corps who couldn't get open all game against Dallas and it seems a strange trade to make.

On the flipside Harvin is known for being troublesome in the locker room from his days as a Viking and it pushes hotly touted 2nd round pick Paul Richardson up the pecking order. Hopefully that will be the end of bubble screens and jet sweeps and back to Beast mode.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

If Baltimore beat the Saints on Monday then the worst team in the AFC North is 7-4 and the best in the NFC South is 4-7 :shock:

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Are this year's Redskins the worst team in the history of the NFL?

Sure feels like it as a fan, but then again it's felt that way most of the last 10 years :(

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Mo Bot wrote:If Baltimore beat the Saints on Monday then the worst team in the AFC North is 7-4 and the best in the NFC South is 4-7 :shock:
Taking games within the division out of the equation, the NFC South stands as
Saints 2-5
Panthers 2-5
Bucs 2-5
Falcons 0-7

It's possible Atlanta could win the division without beating anyone from outside the division :lol: Arizona, Green Bay and Pittsburgh should beat them and 6-10 might just be enough.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

It's possible that a 5-11 or 5-10-1 team could make the play-offs then (and get home advantage against an 11-5 wildcard perhaps!) Possibly even a direct reversal of when the 7-9 Seahawks won their division and turned over the Saints in the wildcard round a few years back...

Surely this will make them rethink the seeding system - I'd say the team with the better record should get homefield advantage regardless, and a division winner should be at least 8-8 to be allowed into the play-offs at all.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Good to see Megatron back to his best, could eventually go down as the second best receiver of all time... the Lions could be a real threat if they click, and a potential showdown with the Packers for the division and perhaps a first round bye in the final week. Anyway, Sky followed that first game with a slightly bizarre feature about a British Aaron Rodgers lookalike...

If they're giving us Black Friday then can we have Thanksgiving here as well please? A bank holiday with three Premier League games followed by three NFL games back to back would do nicely. :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”