To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

NFL chat 2023/24 season

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Re: NFL chat 2021/22 season

Post by forestfan »

A former Patriots legend who played well into his 40s has finally called it a day...

...yes, Adam Vinatieri has announced his retirement.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Anyway, I did explain the Wilson one, and losing a (possible) starting RB isn’t a non-story particularly when it’s continuing a year-long injury curse for the franchise...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

The problem for your lot is that starting Lance could have worked with a heavy run game.....

Are there any FA's?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 27 May 2021, 19:48 The problem for your lot is that starting Lance could have worked with a heavy run game.....

Are there any FA's?
I don’t know... FA RBs tend to be crocks anyway. Raheem and the rookie might be able to carry the workload if the latter hits the ground running, but not guaranteed.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Do you still have the FB? J Polish sounding name

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Yeah, Use-chick as it’s roughly pronounced... definitely a part of the scheme and perhaps classed as a starter, though doesn’t actually carry the ball often.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

He usually contributes though...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

The thing with the 69ers is how much Draft Capital was spunked on Lance, when Shanahan wanted Cousins. It's such a leap.......

I'm glad I'm watching a a sympathetic neutral tbh.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 27 May 2021, 20:12 The thing with the 69ers is how much Draft Capital was spunked on Lance, when Shanahan wanted Cousins. It's such a leap.......

I'm glad I'm watching a a sympathetic neutral tbh.
Cousins would have cost half the salary cap for an average starter, though. Would probably have meant trading away key parts elsewhere. QBs on rookie contracts are cheap these days and give you the best chance to keep a balanced roster. The challenge is finding one who works out, and that’s something of a lottery. Though to be fair, very few QBs drafted in the top 10 actually get to join a good team, instead they sink or swim as the supposed saviour of a downtrodden franchise, that’s probably been in the same place a few times in recent decades.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Well finding one with the game and bottle to win a SB.

It will definitely an interesting watch this season......

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

So there was no early June Trading Season......

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

I’ve given up on there being any meaningful/interesting NFL news before the first match kicks off in September.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Well the Squad cuts to 55 from 90?

There are preseason injuries as well, but while I do agree with you the NFL usually finds a way to stay in the headlines...

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 04 Jun 2021, 19:42 Well the Squad cuts to 55 from 90?
A few fourth-string QBs and backup punt returners cut, then. They’ll find a way of making headlines out of it, no doubt...

The Rodgers situation is the only remotely interesting thing right now, and like a big TV drama they’ll wait until the last couple of episodes to resolve it.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

The Salary Cap hit could mean there are a few surprise cuts? Not to mention preseason injuries - hello Carson 😂

I think Buck goes next year, but Julio should move this summer as the Falcons are over budget, or were the last time I looked.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 04 Jun 2021, 19:54 The Salary Cap hit could mean there are a few surprise cuts? Not to mention preseason injuries - hello Carson 😂

I think Buck goes next year, but Julio should move this summer as the Falcons are over budget, or were the last time I looked.
If he doesn’t go this year he might sit out the season for a bit of double Jeopardy?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

My best guess is that he retires or sits outs next season, with a move before the draft next year.

I'm not sure how it will be phrased but if Philly do well GB could have 4 1st Round Picks (if Carson stays fit) including a very early one if Love flops.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 04 Jun 2021, 20:03 My best guess is that he retires or sits outs next season, with a move before the draft next year.

I'm not sure how it will be phrased but if Philly do well GB could have 4 1st Round Picks (if Carson stays fit) including a very early one if Love flops.
They’ve got Blake Bortles in reserve, how can they fail? :wink:

Surely you can’t retire and un-retire to get out of a contract, other than writing off a year but still being liable for the rest of the deal? I wouldn’t rule out seeing him as Brady’s eventual “young” replacement in Tampa Bay though... having said that, there are probably QBs in this year’s draft who will get their gold jacket while he’s still playing.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Gronk did? Then the Pats let him go for nowt?

Didn't Farve resign to get to the Vikings?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 04 Jun 2021, 22:35 Gronk did? Then the Pats let him go for nowt?

Didn't Farve resign to get to the Vikings?
Favre retired then changed his mind before the next season started and the Packers said “sorry, you can’t mess us around, Aaron’s our starter now”. So they traded him to the Jets, where he played one year (as some tend to forget) before his final season (or two?) in Minnesota.

I assumed Gronk had no contractual commitments to NE when he came back? Anyway, an elite QB is unlikely to get such treatment, compared to a player in any other position.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I believe Pats held Gronk's registration and could have insisted on a Trade, but let him go..

My understanding of Favre is that there was a clause about Picks if they traded him to Vikings, which is where I think the retirement kicked in...

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 04 Jun 2021, 22:46 I believe Pats held Gronk's registration and could have insisted on a Trade, but let him go..

My understanding of Favre is that there was a clause about Picks if they traded him to Vikings, which is where I think the retirement kicked in...
So he was desperate enough to take a year with the Jets in between? :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 04 Jun 2021, 23:04
blahblah wrote: 04 Jun 2021, 22:46 I believe Pats held Gronk's registration and could have insisted on a Trade, but let him go..

So he was desperate enough to take a year with the Jets in between? :lol:
Yep and clause was about Jets trading him to MV, but I don't think the Jets handed over the Picks...

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Julio to the Tits, certainly gives them another dimension. Falcons can afford to actually sign their draft picks now, that’s how much salary cap shit they were apparently in :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep, they were in deep doggy doo......

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

It seems like all is quiet in Cleveland for the 2nd summer running 😂😂😂

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Apparently there is a new COVID Opt Out this season and Florio could have a point about Buck?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Would be a pretty cynical move, but does give him the trump card…

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

forestfan wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 10:01Would be a pretty cynical move, but does give him the trump card…
Not that Rodgers is anything like cynical, passive-aggressive or in any similar way self-serving :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Bob Newhart wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 11:02
forestfan wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 10:01Would be a pretty cynical move, but does give him the trump card…
Not that Rodgers is anything like cynical, passive-aggressive or in any similar way self-serving :lol:
A tad cliche?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”