To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

KCs and MotM for Week 38 Apr 25th 26th 29th 30th and May 1st

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
giggsy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by giggsy »

renton1 wrote: ...unless we all count the number of complete passes in each game....
I am sure Judio would have these stats ready for us after each match! :) :wink:

leeloo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by leeloo »

renton1 wrote:
leeloo wrote:It does make you think if the Tele 'fix' the outcome of prizes though - the top teams in MotM / MotW could easily have either of Brad Jones and Ronaldo and these decisions could dictate where £50 / £250 / £2.5k goes whereas William Johnson can still sleep easily at home on his £60k a year reporters' job, getting drunk at matches on the hospitality and leaving after 70 minutes.
well if he left after 70 mins this team, then ronnie's 13 minutes he saw must have been sth else.... :lol:
perhaps he left when the penalty was awarded, thought i've got to beat the boro fans home now and missed it being taken

or maybe he stayed for the first time the penalty was taken, saw it was being re-taken, thought the horse can't miss it twice and then i've got to beat the boro fans home now and missed it being re-taken

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

leeloo wrote:...but we don't have to read the paper, all you have to do is scour the website around midnight that the paper's out; so all this smokescreen that it sells Monday papers is bullsh!t
We might do that but its what the masses do.

I'm sure they have the newspaper sales stats and I know I've read wednesday sales do go up because of FF so I'm sure they are monitoring those stats for a monday and they will be the key issue in whether MOM stays.

Solution - dont buy a monday Telegraph even if its your daily read and you've bought it every day for years!

Foxtrot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Champion 05/06. Tinkerman weekly winner 12/13.

Post by Foxtrot »

tonysymonds wrote:
pixies wrote:This just shows another flaw with the motm rule, the fact that in some matches there simply isn't a man of the match, and they just end up handing out five points to anyone.
It just makes a mockery of TFF and the good game that it used to be in previous seasons.
But hey at least it helps shift a few extra monday morning papers :x
I love this.

We get people who score and get MOTM: "MOTM effectively turns a goal into a brace."
We get people who score 2 and get MOTM: "MOTM effectively turns a brace into a hattrick"
Then we get those who say "MOTM should be awarded to those who don't get the other points in the match."

Then we get Ronnie's today. The MOTM wasn't given to a defender so it didn't add 5 stupid points to their tally, and it was given to who was apparently the most influential player on the pitch when they got onto the pitch, and yet we still have moaning.

You lot keep asking for consistency with the MOTM decision. Shall we get some consticiency on the moans. Each week you find a new direction to moan about.[/i]
There is one thing consistent and that is how sh*te your posts always are ...don't get me started on your Motm votes

pixies
FISOhead

Post by pixies »

Well said !!

Didn't the Telegraph interview someone off here who told him that Motm was introduced to sell more papers??

Or am I just making that up??

snowy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th nationally in TFF 05/06

Post by snowy »

Foxtrot wrote: There is one thing consistent and that is how sh*te your posts always are ...don't get me started on your Motm votes
someone had to say it. Nicely put.

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

pixies wrote:Well said !!

Didn't the Telegraph interview someone off here who told him that Motm was introduced to sell more papers??

Or am I just making that up??
Yeah you read that right. Could have been Foxy possibly - whoever it was spoke to Jed Pitman and chances are its here to stay. He didnt say whether they would ask their reporters to base their MotM awards on what actually happens on the pitch, rather than in their fairyland reporters minds like some of them seem to have been this year :evil:

pixies
FISOhead

Post by pixies »

I remember a couple of seasons back they introduced a tff section on a Friday, which previewed the weekends games.

I don't think it's still going, or even lasted that long, but it just shows that they are always looking at ways to enhance sales of their paper on certain days.

So anyone who dismisses this fact, with talk of smokescreen's is a bit naive imo.

tyaslevesley
FISOhead
FS Record: Undesputes FISO SuperXV champion 2013

Post by tyaslevesley »

Ronaldo getting MOTM has just made what so far is a terrible day a little bit brighter (sad aren't I)

about time he got me some points

Now for a pedersen hat-trick tonight

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

To be honest, I think one of the problems is the definition of Man of the Match. If a player puts 10 excellent balls through to a striker who in turn misses every chance, and then the other team sneak a couple at the other end, will the player that made the chances for the striker get MOM? I think Telegraph's decisions depend too much on goals, i.e. preventing them and scoring them. If a player creates lots of brilliant chances, it should be irrelevent whether or not the striker puts them home... shouldn't it. Or is it all about winning?

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

workie-ticket wrote:if someone comes onto the pitch and scores one and sets up another (as for example joe cole has done earlier in the season) there might be less of an objection. if ronaldo had of orchestrated a goal to help man utd change the game (not necessarily scored it) then your "most influential player" statement might have some merit. the fact they didn't score must mean he quite clearly didn't.

"another stupid 5 points" for the boro defender that helped to keep out man utd's attack is well-deserved, don't you think?

and before you say, no, i don't have ronaldo, nor any boro defenders, and neither do my competitors, so i'm not just "moaning cos i didn't get the points"!! :P
What I meant was that the defenders maybe deserved 6 points for keeping ManU out, but their performance didn't warrant 11 which is high. Ronaldo's performance was worth more than the 1 point, and by giving him the extra points, you're giving him those he deserves.

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

Foxtrot wrote:
tonysymonds wrote:
pixies wrote:This just shows another flaw with the motm rule, the fact that in some matches there simply isn't a man of the match, and they just end up handing out five points to anyone.
It just makes a mockery of TFF and the good game that it used to be in previous seasons.
I love this.

We get people who score and get MOTM: "MOTM effectively turns a goal into a brace."
We get people who score 2 and get MOTM: "MOTM effectively turns a brace into a hattrick"
Then we get those who say "MOTM should be awarded to those who don't get the other points in the match."

Then we get Ronnie's today. The MOTM wasn't given to a defender so it didn't add 5 stupid points to their tally, and it was given to who was apparently the most influential player on the pitch when they got onto the pitch, and yet we still have moaning.

You lot keep asking for consistency with the MOTM decision. Shall we get some consticiency on the moans. Each week you find a new direction to moan about.
There is one thing consistent and that is how sh*te your posts always are ...don't get me started on your Motm votes
Whats wrong with MOTM votes?

Isn't it stupid how you lot band on about how stupid the daily telegraph are and as soon as someone defends them we jump on their bandwagon and call them sh*t and idiots?

johnjohn
FISOhead

Post by johnjohn »

Foxtrot wrote:
tonysymonds wrote:
I love this.

You lot keep asking for consistency with the MOTM decision. Shall we get some consticiency on the moans. Each week you find a new direction to moan about.[/i]
Foxy - I'd usually be the last person to stand up for Tonysymonds due to the weakness of his general posts, poor arguments and general rubbish that he comes up with :D , but on this occasion he has a point. The moans about MOTM do vary according to why/which players did/didnt get the vote.

MOTM has been debated many times over. There is an inherent weakness in match reports that are written on the day of a match. Reporters often have to file their copy within minutes of the final whistle, so they are writing them as they go along. It's easier to pick a MOTM when you are watching on TV and have the benefit of replays compared to compiling it as you go along.

The best solution would be to get rid of them, or at the very least reduce the pts to 3 as someone else suggested. Opta/stats based MOTM won't work - stats don't tell the full picture and football is a game of subjective views.

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

johnjohn wrote:
Foxy - I'd usually be the last person to stand up for Tonysymonds due to the weakness of his general posts, poor arguments and general rubbish that he comes up with :D ,
Hate to dwell but...

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

Blackburn
B Friedel, S Reid, Z Khizanishvili, L Neill, M Gray, D Bentley, R Savage, K Tugay, M Pedersen, F Sinama Pongolle, C Bellamy
Subs: P Enckelman, S Kuqi, P Dickov, A Mokoena, S Peter

Chelsea
C Cudicini, N Geremi, A Ricardo Carvalho, W Gallas, A Del Horno, N Maniche, L Diarra, F Lampard, S Wright-Phillips, H Crespo, E Gudjohnsen
Subs: L Pidgeley, G Johnson, J Cole, D Duff, C Cole

johnjohn
FISOhead

Post by johnjohn »

tonysymonds wrote:
johnjohn wrote:
Foxy - I'd usually be the last person to stand up for Tonysymonds due to the weakness of his general posts, poor arguments and general rubbish that he comes up with :D ,
Hate to dwell but...
Dwell away.

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

johnjohn wrote: Dwell away.
Id like to know where all this hate comes from.

Bollo
FISOhead

Post by Bollo »

tonysymonds wrote:
I find it comes from Dwellings :lol:

tyaslevesley
FISOhead
FS Record: Undesputes FISO SuperXV champion 2013

Post by tyaslevesley »

Houses are evil!

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

tyaslevesley wrote:Houses are evil!
Are you homophobic then?

The Jezster
Dumbledore

Post by The Jezster »

tonysymonds wrote:
:lol:

I might be a bit pissed but im sure that even if i was sober i wouldnt ask someone who effectively defended your opinion on this particular post to ask why he hates you!!! :lol:

Tony, your motm predictions are pretty crap to be honest and you dont even watch the games. If you did, that may be different but please dont suggest men of the matches for a game you havent watched!! its ridiculous...

Your post above does have valid points tho, but right now i cant remember what they are, although i did at the start of my post, but shit, the zinger twisters ftrm KFC are good aretn they?? :D

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

murf wrote:I listened to the last half hour and it did sound like fake sparked some life into them and the game had supposedly been dire before that so maybe it has some merit
Agreed.

We're never going to agree on the MOM farce. It's one person's opinion, that's it. If the Telegraph had sent a different reporter other than William Johnson to last night's match there is a good chance the MOM would have been different. So you could say our points depend on how the Tele assigns matches to its reporters.

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

I dont get the hate. The idea of the predictions was that you dont have to watch the matches to know whose going to get it. Most people are moaning saying that they dont believe the reporters even watch the games.

Im justifying this by nailing over half the matches right without doing more than reading two or three write-ups.

This country is really going to pot if you cant work out what I was doing.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

We all know what you are doing and could do it ourselves so its therefore pointless you doing it!!

These threads are for people to add INFORMED opinion so the likes of me and you can have more of an idea when doing our guestimations. Comprende?

If you must play your guessing games then feel free to do so on a new thread, I may even join in :D

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

murf wrote:We all know what you are doing and could do it ourselves so its therefore pointless you doing it!!

These threads are for people to add INFORMED opinion so the likes of me and you can have more of an idea when doing our guestimations. Comprende?

If you must play your guessing games then feel free to do so on a new thread, I may even join in :D
Technically if I've found a system then isn't my opinion informed?

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

7 from 11. Thats pretty good odds I think.

eff. The guy at the top of my superleague has Bellamy.

One one hand :D . On the otherhand :cry:

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

I love how everyone has gone deathly quiet.

I mean its alright to slag the guy off cause hes got a silly idea, but when that idea is right. Wow. Its like many a slaps to the face.

I'm like that guy that predicted Crash, Clooney, Wiesz, Witherspoon and Hoffman would win the big five at the Oscars. No one was laughing afterwards.

snowy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th nationally in TFF 05/06

Post by snowy »

tonysymonds wrote:I love how everyone has gone deathly quiet.

I mean its alright to slag the guy off cause hes got a silly idea, but when that idea is right. Wow. Its like many a slaps to the face.

I'm like that guy that predicted Crash, Clooney, Wiesz, Witherspoon and Hoffman would win the big five at the Oscars. No one was laughing afterwards.
for the love of god man, it's 12:40am...maybe they've "gone quiet" because they're in bed. Seriously - get over yourself. You're not exactly winning any friends around here with your recent posting habits, that much is fairly obvious.

johnjohn
FISOhead

Post by johnjohn »

The Jezster wrote:
tonysymonds wrote:
:lol:

I might be a bit pissed but im sure that even if i was sober i wouldnt ask someone who effectively defended your opinion on this particular post to ask why he hates you!!! :lol:

Tony, your motm predictions are pretty crap to be honest and you dont even watch the games. If you did, that may be different but please dont suggest men of the matches for a game you havent watched!! its ridiculous...

Your post above does have valid points tho, but right now i cant remember what they are, although i did at the start of my post, but shit, the zinger twisters ftrm KFC are good aretn they?? :D
Jez - You are right, I was defending Tony's opinions on one particular point, glad at least one person got what I was saying.

Tony - I don't hate you and I suspect that others don't hate you (could be wrong there :x ), but if I see a post that I don't think agree with, I'll usually say so.

I do think that a lot of your posts are either half baked/wrong/plain daft/irrelevant - delete as appropriate. Also, the best response to criticism is to provide a reasoned and preferably balanced argument of your case - thats what the forum is here for, and not throw a strop and take it all personally.

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

I haven't thrown a strop. In fact I've found this whole thing extremely amusing. However I am bemused on one part.

I explained myself the other week about the key contribution to the Middlesborough goal, and despite being called variations of an idiot when Bramernic spoke to the telegraph, he found out I was right.
I got mocked for predicting Bellamy without seeing the game and again, abuse, and now again I was right.

A lot of my arguments are pro-telegraph, and you lot seem very anti-telegraph, and unless you can point out an argument Ive made where its been half-baked, irrelevant, or whatever then Im going to carry on as I am because at least my 'irrelevant' topic are causing debate and are 'on-topic' as opposed to a lot of what happens on here.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”