To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

KCs and MotM for Week 34 Mar 29th and Apr 1st 2nd 3rd

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
Parry St Germain
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a couple of prizes

Post by Parry St Germain »

browny wrote:Man of the Match

Danny Gabbidon (West Ham).
David James (Manchester City)
Xabi Alonso (Liverpool).
Lee Bowyer (Newcastle)
Lomana LuaLua (Portsmouth)
Jussi Jaaskelainen (Bolton)
Jonathan Stead (Sunderland)
Nicky Butt (Birmingham)
Thierry Henry (Arsenal)
For the games I saw and extended highlishts, I can't argue with any of those MOTM. :shock:

mystex
Wideboy

Post by mystex »

Agree with all those, except for SAHA, seems every man and his dog thought he was MOTM except for the Telegraph. (sour grapes as I've got him) :evil:

squirter
Treebeard
FS Record: top 1000

Post by squirter »

mystex wrote:Agree with all those, except for SAHA, seems every man and his dog thought he was MOTM except for the Telegraph. (sour grapes as I've got him) :evil:
i agree. not often that a home goalkeeper who has lost and let in 2 can be considered motm.

leeloo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by leeloo »

Plastic Scouser wrote:

Xabi Alonso (Liverpool).
Lee Bowyer (Newcastle)
Nicky Butt (Birmingham)
Thierry Henry (Arsenal)
For the games I saw and extended highlishts, I can't argue with any of those MOTM. :shock:
I can.

It is absurd. There is no way on this earth you can EVER give motm to a home keeper in a losing team who concedes two goals.

If he had to save that many, the other side must have been amazing to get him too do that. It is irrational and utterly stupid.

A keeper /defender's side should at least get a draw for him to have made a difference (saved a pen, made some good saves /tackles). Keeping the score down and losing is not a valid reason for motm, especially at home.

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

Can someone confirm how many KCs the following were given in TTF

Henry
Beattie
Alonso
Nolan

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Only yesterdays games have been updated. No KC for Rochemback, otherwise as expected.

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2nd YTM 09/10; 3 TFFO Top 10 finishes; 6th TFCI 2008.

Post by AkNotSpur »

No KCs for Henry or Nolan in TTF.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

Judio wrote:Can someone confirm how many KCs the following were given in TTF

Henry - 0
Beattie - 1
Alonso - 1
Nolan - 0

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

All Saturday's KCs have been checked, all as predicted apart from Leadbitter who isn't a TFF player. :wink: There may be scope for an unexpected additional KC as I haven't checked every player who appeared.

the_greatman
Wideboy

Post by the_greatman »

Dr. Pepper wrote:
the_greatman wrote:Saha Tebily and Bowyer nailed on in all the Sundays, so watch out for Okocha, Heskey and Owen in rhe Telegraph
OWEN???
Well they managed to get the other 2 hidiously wrong! Maybe Wor-Jackie next week. Am now beginning to seriously consider not playing this sham of a game next year, which is a shame as I've played every one.

Chief Wiggsy
Grumpy Holman Snr
FS Record: FISO TFF League winner 2005/06 and FISO TFFE League winner 2009 (which got me £100 off NSCTV).

Post by Chief Wiggsy »

leeloo wrote:
Plastic Scouser wrote:

Xabi Alonso (Liverpool).
Lee Bowyer (Newcastle)
Nicky Butt (Birmingham)
Thierry Henry (Arsenal)
I can.

It is absurd. There is no way on this earth you can EVER give motm to a home keeper in a losing team who concedes two goals.

If he had to save that many, the other side must have been amazing to get him too do that. It is irrational and utterly stupid.

A keeper /defender's side should at least get a draw for him to have made a difference (saved a pen, made some good saves /tackles). Keeping the score down and losing is not a valid reason for motm, especially at home.
Agree ... it's trolley. Especially the home part in consideration.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I once saw a keeper (cant remember who :oops: ) have an absolute stormer for Forest against Liverpool, he pulled off possibly the most great saves I've ever seen in one game. Unfortunately for him there were 5 he couldn't stop. Although the Forest keeper was brilliant I'd like to think a sensible reporter would have given MOTM to John Barnes or one of his team-mates as they must have been doing something right too.

Anarchy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Anarchy »

I agree that Jaaskelainen is a ridiculous pick (David James also for that matter).
In my opinion a keeper should only get it if his performance wins the match for his team. A guess there is a case for saying that about outfielders as well but it seems particularly daft for goalkeepers.

leeloo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by leeloo »

[rant]
Surely the first criteria of any potential MotM candidate is:-

Did this player's performance affect the RESULT (not scoreline) of this match?

If the answer is no, then how can they possibly be adjudged MotM?

Ok, in my little world, there would be no MotM's for players on the losing side, but by the same token, if their team lost the match, someone must have played well on the opposing team.

To comment more on the James / Jaaskelainen latest debacle, if these keepers played so well, surely the guys who scored past them must have played better by definition?

[/rant]

dcfallows
Wideboy

Post by dcfallows »

Great rant from leeloo! Don't agree entirely with your message but I am a huge fan of the fury with which you deliver it!

I was at the Bolton v Utd game and Jaaskelainen did make 3 fantastic saves but I have to say that Saha produced 2 moments of great quality which ultimately won United the game. For that reason I thought he would be a nailed on MOM. I was not a fan of him before and have never seen Saha 'live' at a game previously but his movement off the ball was exceptional. Okocha was probably Bolton's best player anyway.

Murf - the keeper was Steve Sutton I think and if proof was ever needed that you can be MOM and still be on the end of a hammering then that was a great game to use as an example! Sutton was unbelievable that night and if Liverpool had scored 12 it wouldn't have flattered them!

Dazza
FISOhead

Post by Dazza »

leeloo wrote:[rant]

If the answer is no, then how can they possibly be adjudged MotM?

Ok, in my little world, there would be no MotM's for players on the losing side, but by the same token, if their team lost the match, someone must have played well on the opposing team.

To comment more on the James / Jaaskelainen latest debacle, if these keepers played so well, surely the guys who scored past them must have played better by definition?

[/rant]
I think a classic example of a Goalkeeper winning it was the Liverpool v Charlton game that ended 0-0. Charlton offered nothing in attack and thus no Charlton attacker or Pool defender could even be considered. With Myhre making so many good saves you then have to give it to him as the Liverpool attackers wouldnt deserve it as they couldnt score and the Charlton defence tho doing well still managed to concede over 20 odd shots on their goal. The RESULT was most certainly effected in this case by the GK as it was down to Myhre that the game was Drawn and not lost by Charlton.

leeloo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by leeloo »

I can go along with Myhre getting MotM in that game. I can't see how TFF can justify James / Jaaskelainen at the weekend for example.

Obviously these know-all reporters are just too clever for us.

Hammertime
Grumpy Old Hammer
FS Record: Some success and a lot of failure

Post by Hammertime »

Only saw highlights of James / Jaskelainen so can't say for sure, but Stuart Pearce laid into his whole team for being useless but made a point of saying his goalie was the one exception, so that was probably a correct decision. Agree with others that Saha should have got it in the Bolton game.
Saw the whole of the Hammers game and although Gabbidon played well, Mullins and Kishishev were definitely the star performers, think they gave it to him as he deserved it midweek against Utd but as usual the reporter gave it to Rooney.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

leeloo wrote:[rant]

If the answer is no, then how can they possibly be adjudged MotM? [/rant]
Sorry leeloo, but for me the sole criterion for MOM should be which player played the best on the day. For example - everyone is criticising the Jussi decision (except me cos I still have him!), but less people are criticising the James choice. This is beacuse, even though he was on the losing side and his heroic saves didn't affect the result, no-one else stood out in the whole match, for either team.

And something else, I forgot to say yesterday - if Giggs got a goal taken off him because it hit the post and went in off the keeper, how come Adebayor kept his goal this weekend when exactly the same happened (albeit a defender not the keeper). Adebayor's shot was not even on target to begin with, Giggs's was!

Parry St Germain
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a couple of prizes

Post by Parry St Germain »

leeloo wrote:
Plastic Scouser wrote:

Xabi Alonso (Liverpool).
Lee Bowyer (Newcastle)
Nicky Butt (Birmingham)
Thierry Henry (Arsenal)
I can.

I didn't really take any notice of that one, don't pay much attention to Bolton games - I stand corrected about Jaaskelainen (it probably should have been Saha). James did play well and made many good saves, the score should have been about 3 or 4 - 0, but does that justify MOTM? Is picking the keeper an easy option for the reporters, he makes a few good saves for the camera and they probably think "oh, we'll just pick him!". Any way what do we care the TFF are going to see sense and get rid of MOTM for the 06/07 season :wink:

antanater
FISOhead

Post by antanater »

what annoys me most with Mom is that the sunday press across the board had Saha as mom and the telegraph has to be different. It was like the other week when drog was mom in all the press and the tele yet again give to someone else!!!!

JGoodhead
Wideboy

Post by JGoodhead »

If you have been following the recent cricket series between India and England (and cricket in general), you always see the man of the match being given to the person who has had the biggest contribution to his team's victory. I know football is different to cricket, but there still should be a degree of transparency between the sports when it comes to the most valuable player in a match.

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

Will Lucas Neill get the Kc for Kuqi's Goal :wink:

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

at last - Roberts got a goal! :D

any ideas about possible MOTM?

Hammertime
Grumpy Old Hammer
FS Record: Some success and a lot of failure

Post by Hammertime »

Judio wrote:Will Lucas Neill get the Kc for Kuqi's Goal :wink:
I agree, Certainly was a key contribution :lol:

More likely this though
Blackburn 1 - Kuqi (No assist)
Wigan 1 - Roberts (Chimbonda, Bullard)

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

Man of the Match:

Jason Roberts by Tim Rich

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

Bramernic wrote:Man of the Match:

'ave it!! as peter kay would say :D

leeloo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by leeloo »

Bramernic wrote:Man of the Match:

I think he was offside more times than he touched the ball. At least his performance affected the result of the game but...

If the Tele stick to their rationale of who played the best in the match, then it would have to go to Bellamy, MGP, Filan or Nelson. Clearly there is no consistency when it comes to picking these choices and it's down to the reporter's preference for players. I've seen players sent off for less than what Roberts did for his booking.

Now, where's that petition......? Unfortunately anything FISO / multi-entrants say about the stupidity of these MotM decisions will only encourage them to continue using their choices in TFF next season and beyond.

I think I should propose to the Tele that I pick the MotMs for each match next season cos clearly anyone can do this job and I'm sure I can do a better job than some of these overpaid pompous pr!cks who think they know it all.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

leeloo wrote:Now, where's that petition......? Unfortunately anything FISO / multi-entrants say about the stupidity of these MotM decisions will only encourage them to continue using their choices in TFF next season and beyond.
Correct about the petition etc (partly why I didn't sign). I am also amazed (saddened?) by the number of folks on here who actually like TFF MOTM so I would assume if TFF ran a poll it would get voted for again next year on a one-man one-vote basis. It does seem that the trend among the keener multi-entrants is more anti-MOTM so a one-team one-vote based poll would be closer.

It is the concept that is wrong and with subjectivity and one man's view there will always be controversial/strange choices. These should be straws to add to the camel's back of crapness that is the MOTM concept but nobody is listening at TFF as the masses are happy. MOTM is here to stay however much we whinge and whine.

paisleypark
Grumpy Old Man

Post by paisleypark »

MOTM just follows on from the general dumbing down of everything in the papers and in the media.

Purists in every field cringe at the Lowest Common Denominator approach but many others just find that it makes their life easier and so they embrace the new/easy concept.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”