To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 37 KCs and MotM Apr 28th, 29th and 30th

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
thepole
Grumpy Poled Man
FS Record: Legendary

Post by thepole »

squirter wrote:
brogie wrote:
squirter wrote:
Judio wrote:Adebayor was in the D when he scored
So it will be aKC for Fabregas

Arsenal 3-1 Fulham
Baptista (Adebayor)
Davies (-)
Adebayor (Fabregas)
Silva (Hleb)
makes absolutely no difference where adebayor scored from. its how influential the pass was. what about a ball to adebayor who picks it up in the centre circle and then scores from in the d - would that be a KC?!
it makes all the difference. in TFF KC's are usually only given for goals scored inside the box. The D is considered inside the box.
show me the rule that mentions KC's depending on whether the goal is scored from inside the box or not.

i know that KCs are normally only given for goals from inside the box but that doesnt mean that all goals inside the box receive a KC.
He's not saying all goals inside the box get a KC, Judio is saying this one will, because the only factor he believes could rule out the KC, the distance Adebayor shot from, was close enough to warrant a KC, as it was inside the D

squirter
Treebeard
FS Record: top 1000

Post by squirter »

thepole wrote:
squirter wrote:
brogie wrote:
squirter wrote:
Judio wrote:Adebayor was in the D when he scored
So it will be aKC for Fabregas

Arsenal 3-1 Fulham
Baptista (Adebayor)
Davies (-)
Adebayor (Fabregas)
Silva (Hleb)
makes absolutely no difference where adebayor scored from. its how influential the pass was. what about a ball to adebayor who picks it up in the centre circle and then scores from in the d - would that be a KC?!
it makes all the difference. in TFF KC's are usually only given for goals scored inside the box. The D is considered inside the box.
show me the rule that mentions KC's depending on whether the goal is scored from inside the box or not.

i know that KCs are normally only given for goals from inside the box but that doesnt mean that all goals inside the box receive a KC.
He's not saying all goals inside the box get a KC, Judio is saying this one will, because the only factor he believes could rule out the KC, the distance Adebayor shot from, was close enough to warrant a KC, as it was inside the D
if adebayor picked the ball up from within the d then fair enough. if he took it on 10 yards into the d and then scored, i think that should be different.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

I think those who regularly post their KC views on this thread do so mainly from their experience of what has and has not been given before. In other words, I don't think people like Judio or Bram get caught up in saying what they think should or shouldn't be worth a KC, they are purely saying what they think will or won't be given based on past experience.

PS Probably no need to continue to quote massive chunks of posts from above, I think we all know what we're discussing here at the moment. (No offence, just a request). :)

HERO OF CANTON
FISOhead

Post by HERO OF CANTON »

Scarletjim sucks. :D

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Ok that's twice now you've made me laugh with that. No more though! :wink:

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: Small Profit

Post by anon6 »

scarletjim wrote:I think those who regularly post their KC views on this thread do so mainly from their experience of what has and has not been given before. In other words, I don't think people like Judio or Bram get caught up in saying what they think should or shouldn't be worth a KC, they are purely saying what they think will or won't be given based on past experience.

PS Probably no need to continue to quote massive chunks of posts from above, I think we all know what we're discussing here at the moment. (No offence, just a request). :)
Didn't you start a KC chit chat thread here

http://www.fantasyfootballuk.co.uk/view ... hp?t=23910

For that sort of thing ;-)

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Exactly Mike, yes I did. :wink:

squirter
Treebeard

Post by squirter »

anon1086 wrote:
scarletjim wrote:I think those who regularly post their KC views on this thread do so mainly from their experience of what has and has not been given before. In other words, I don't think people like Judio or Bram get caught up in saying what they think should or shouldn't be worth a KC, they are purely saying what they think will or won't be given based on past experience.

Didn't you start a KC chit chat thread here

http://www.fantasyfootballuk.co.uk/view ... hp?t=23910

For that sort of thing ;-)
'for general chit chat during the games'.

neither general nor during the game.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Where are you quoting that from?

My thread which Mike has posted a link to above says 'Please use this thread for discussing possible KCs'.

:?

Anyway, doesn't matter, the point is as above, Bram and Judio etc post what they believe based on past experience, and they don't often get it wrong.

squirter
Treebeard

Post by squirter »

scarletjim wrote:Where are you quoting that from?

My thread which Mike has posted a link to above says 'Please use this thread for discussing possible KCs'.

i'm quoting from the beginning of this thread.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

squirter wrote:
scarletjim wrote:Where are you quoting that from?

i'm quoting from the beginning of this thread.
Fair enough - perhaps Judio's opening paragraph is not very clear.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Ok, lets give up the chat and wait for the god of MOTMs, tonyp :D

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

Roberts, Berb and not one for Rooney would be nice.

Expect Benni and Keane to p!ss me off

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

Hoping for a MGP one myself.. :P

buryboy
Treebeard

Post by buryboy »

tonyp where for art thou ?

tonyp
Wideboy

Post by tonyp »

never fear, tp is here:

Scholes
Mikel
Alonso
Clichy
Jagielka
J. Roberts
Noble
Berbatov
A.Young

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

tonyp wrote:never fear, tp is here:

Scholes
Mikel
Alonso
Clichy
Jagielka
J. Roberts
Noble
Berbatov
A.Young
can you go and come back again :roll: :lol:

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Clichy got one? :shock: Oh my god I really can't believe it. Clichy. :lol:

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

wooo to make up for MGP not getting one,theres Clichy :shock: :lol:

PSA
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PSA »

Cheers Tony

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Here's my view of today's potential KCs after watching MOTD2.

*** Now Confirmed on TFFO ***

Arsenal 3-1 Fulham
Baptista (Adebayor)
Davies (-)
Adebayor (Fabregas)
Silva (Hleb)

And yes, I do try and predict KCs based on past experience. The guidelines quoted in the terms and conditions say that a shot from long range is unlikely to have any KCs. Whilst the penalty area (+ D) is a useful guideline, they do give KCs when the shot is just outside the area, so it's not as easy as black and white. My perception is that if you draw an imaginery arc from the two corners of the area such that the D is just included then that is pretty much where the shot must come from to get KCs. That's just my view though, it's not written down anywhere.
Last edited by Bramernic on 30 Apr 2007, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.

bigleg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by bigleg »

Clichy! - thank you tony, thank you. :)

Bunners
Dumbledore

Post by Bunners »

scholes is a bit surprising

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Bunners wrote:scholes is a bit surprising

He got it for not being booked...!! :wink:

Pouzar
Dumbledore
FS Record: 3rd in TFFO 2005

Post by Pouzar »

As a TFFOer playing the second half game I now see why you guys get so frustrated. I can't believe that any knowledgable person could pick Scholes and Clichy as the MOMs for those matches. I don't have Rooney but I thought he was the obvious choice in the United match. I So I'm relieved, but astounded.
Scholesy played fine but MOM? Clichy had a reasonably good game as well, but I assumed the choice was clearly between Adebayor, Baptista and Fabregas. The entire Arsenal defence had nothing to do for most of the match until Fulham got a goal late. Then Fabregas and Adebayor conspired to create the winner. Since Adebayor created the opener and was dangerous throughtout he figured to be most likely. Maybe these blokes know something I don't.

HERO OF CANTON
FISOhead

Post by HERO OF CANTON »

Scholes didn't even get into the 1,2,3 on the Premierleague game, while Clichy did.

For 1.

robbielee
Dumbledore
FS Record: GQ Best Dressed Man 2008, Smash Hits Most Fanciable Male

Post by robbielee »

scarletjim wrote:Clichy got one? :shock: Oh my god I really can't believe it. Clichy. :lol:
Did you watch the game? Clichy was excellent. He also got the Sky Sports award too.

Father
Wideboy

Post by Father »

I was at the game and Clichy was very good. Probably a toss up between him, Fabregas and Adebayor. He got forward very well and was excellent in defence on the few occasions he needed to be.

Baptista scored a good goal but did very little else. His first touch was shocking.

cleski
Treebeard
FS Record: Winner of TFF tenner league 2011/12 - 34th overall

Post by cleski »

I actually thought Clichy deserved it but wouldn't have expected him to get it. He didn't put a foot wrong defensively and looked good going forward...in general I would say the MOM awards have been much better this season than last.

Hairybear
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hairybear »

scarletjim wrote:Clichy got one? :shock: Oh my god I really can't believe it. Clichy. :lol:
CLICHY WAS EASILY THE BEST PLAYER ON THE PARK

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”