To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 31 KCs and MotM Mar 14th, 17th, 18th and 19th

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

murf wrote:If I may interrupt your waffle on pronunciations....

Man of the match: Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea).
Man of the match: Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United).

Henry Winter / Mark Ogden on website
I think one thing the Telegraph should be praised for is repeatly giving the MOM to the same player (Ronaldo) when they are clearly the best on the pitch. It must be tempting to mix things up to keep it exciting. E.g. with Ronaldo think "oh he's been playing well for a while now but let's try and find someone else who played quite well".

I'm sure some will disagree with me but that's my opinion at least.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

I totally agree Vsz. They should treat each game on it's own merits, good players definitely shouldn't build up an 'immunity' to MOTMs. I believe its happened with Henry in previous seasons, when he has been so good for so long that reporters started to just ignore him (he got enough goals and KCs for no one to complain).

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

There's no contention about any of the KCs tonight, so I won't repeat all the details here. If anyone really wants to see them all in one place, click on the www below and scroll down the page a little to the third posting.

ghost77uk
Treebeard
FS Record: Highest finish on TFF - 424th (1723pts)

Post by ghost77uk »

:shock: Drog-BAR was the best Chelski player on the park by a country mile

enginehears
Red & Blue Braces

Post by enginehears »

Man of the match: Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United).

Henry Winter / Mark Ogden on website
:) :) :) :)

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

All KCs confirmed on TFFO as expected.

thearcticmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Well out of it but still looking good on the dancefloor

Post by thearcticmonkey »

unhappyhoppy wrote:
ghost77uk wrote:
HERO OF CANTON wrote: How did Carvalho not get booked for that challenge?
Booked :?: He should have been off IMO - Clear goal scoring opportunity
There are the golden boys that get "looked after".

Carvalho and Rooney tonight - no question.
Didnt see the game so did Carvalho get booked or not ???

Taken from Sporting Life match report.....
The two goals were good enough to win any cup tie but Spurs set up a dramatic finale when Berbatov was fouled by Carvalho when closing in on goal.

The Portugal centre-back only got a yellow card, with Keane sending Cech the wrong way with the penalty

Crompton
Dumbledore
FS Record: Better than most.

Post by Crompton »

Neither Sky or BBC have Carvalho down as even booked.

By the letter of the Law it should of been a Red Card.

Sending-Off Offences

A player is sent off and shown the red card if he commits any of the following:

5. denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

Crompton wrote:Neither Sky or BBC have Carvalho down as even booked.
Nor do TFFO - shown as 1pt.

dachshund
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dachshund »

He was not booked

pedro1979
Kevin and Perry

query

Post by pedro1979 »

how do you know carlvalio only got 1pt, where does it say on the TFFO ?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: query

Post by murf »

pedro1979 wrote:how do you know carlvalio only got 1pt, where does it say on the TFFO ?
Not sure if you are getting confused here - you can't find that out yet on the TFF (the newspaper game) website. TFFO is a similar web-only squad game using an (as far as it matters today) identical points system run by the same people which updates more regularly.

If you aren't confused and knew that then I can't help you as I don't have access to the TFFO site :lol: Bramernic does though and I trust him :lol:

RowdyRaver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RowdyRaver »

SWP MoM? Besides the goal I thought SWP was pretty crap. Too much giving the ball away and poor choides when up front - trying to go through defenders when he should have passed and vice versa. Sympathy vote because he played better tha usual maybe?

CrazyHorse
Wideboy

Post by CrazyHorse »

By the letter of the Law it should of been a Red Card.

Sending-Off Offences

A player is sent off and shown the red card if he commits any of the following:

5. denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick.
This is what p£%**s me off about putting laws into the game when it is never a black or white decision. This "law" was brought in to prevent defenders sything an attacker down when he's clean through on goal (and generally outside the box) and accepting the free-kick and yellow card... over the years since it was introduced it has become "last man" - well 90% of the time if the keeper fouls the attacker he's the last man and should be sent off - its a nonsence the defensive player or keeper has a right to try and win the ball, if he fails then it's rightly a penalty but to send him off makes a mockery of the game!

Another so called "law of the game" - he raised his hands so he's got to go! Why, surely there's a big difference between giving someone a push and trying to break his nose - the referee should be allowed to decide what was serious and waht is not.

Another gripe that has become "law" - he was touuched therefore its a penalty. What happenned to he fouled the player therefore its a penalty. Touching someone doesn't mean jack in football, it certainly doesn't mean he fouled him.

Completly off topic i know, but it does get on my wick when highly paid pundits and ex-proffesionals of the game just make the easy comment without saying what should be right. Andy Gray is the worst of all, but I thought Hansen and Shearer might have risen above it.

MuckyMuckMan
Treebeard

Post by MuckyMuckMan »

Does Ronaldo get a KC for his own penalty as obviously the bringing down was a seperate incident to scoring.

dachshund
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dachshund »

NO!

DaveCam
Wideboy
FS Record: Steady performer at local level, no national successes. (best tff 141st)

Post by DaveCam »

Crazy Horse,

I agree 100% with your comments on the laws and their interpretation by the pundits. "he was touched and was entitled to go down" NO! he fell over to win a penalty and is a cheat.

By the way, am I the only person who thinks that Carvalho barely touched Berbatov?

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

Bramernic wrote:
Nor do TFFO - shown as 1pt.
But they've now changed their mind and deducted two points from his score - so he WAS booked.

Crompton
Dumbledore
FS Record: Better than most.

Post by Crompton »

CrazyHorse wrote:This is what p£%**s me off about putting laws into the game when it is never a black or white decision. This "law" was brought in to prevent defenders sything an attacker down when he's clean through on goal (and generally outside the box) and accepting the free-kick and yellow card... over the years since it was introduced it has become "last man" - well 90% of the time if the keeper fouls the attacker he's the last man and should be sent off - its a nonsence the defensive player or keeper has a right to try and win the ball, if he fails then it's rightly a penalty but to send him off makes a mockery of the game!
I didn't say I agreed or Disagreed with the Law(s).

It's there, so there's not much we can do about it.

Now My Opinion:

1. If the defender makes a genuine attempt to play the ball and takes the attacker down then a penalty is sufficient.

2. If the defender deliberately fouls the man, Penalty and Yellow Card.

3. If the defender deliberately fouls the man in a dangerous or wreckless manner, Penalty and Red Card.

Now the 3 above can cause controversy as its then down to the opinion of the officials. As I see it the governing bodies got together and tried to eliminate these problems and came up with the Law that now stands:

Sending-Off Offence

A player is sent off and shown the red card if he:

So quite clear, if you take a man down who is as descibed above its a straight Red no discussion whether he made a genuine attempt to get the ball or just chopped the man down. If in the opinion of the ref its a foul then Red.

Just as an aside CrazyHorse have you got a copy of the latest handbook (not the one on the internet)?

As regards to Black and White: with regards to the colour of the card IMO its more than clear in the book, diagrams are given showing examples and what decision the ref should make.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”