To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 29 KCs and MotM Feb 27th, 28th, Mar 3rd and 4th

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
johnjohn
FISOhead

Post by johnjohn »

Personally I would have gone for Oster but as Hansen said last night, if the Keepers had played for the other team, then Reading would have won, so its not that big a leap to say that VDS was motm.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

johnjohn wrote:Personally I would have gone for Oster but as Hansen said last night, if the Keepers had played for the other team, then Reading would have won, so its not that big a leap to say that VDS was motm.
No - it just says the Reading keeper was poor and at fault for a goal or two....

aldo1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by aldo1 »

VDS decision is a disgrace

It should have went to one of the Reading players for their 2nd half performance, thought they were AWESOME

Who was the guy that came on,.. Little?,... he was brilliant, as was Oster

VDS - Pleeeeeaaassseee :roll:

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

The Reporter was a certain H Winter :wink:

giblet
FISOhead

Post by giblet »

As I have said many times before imo this particular scoring mode is totally unnecessary and quite often a complete nonsense.

The telegraph for many years refrained from this type of points scoring and I don't think they have enhanced the competition in any way by now including it.

You only have to read reports to know that reporters often can't have seen the games themselves but have most likely relied on a third parties contribution as their description of certain situations differs so much from what you yourself actually saw ( just recently a totally different Ipswich player was attributed with shooting against the bar with the opposite foot to that actually used and often we are told a player scored with his head when we saw quite clearly for ourselves it was with his foot !!!). I'm sure that in many cases these MOM assessors can't even be bothered to give a great deal of thought to their selection and quite often just give it to the person who performed a couple of deeds that stick in the mind but did very little else in the game.

I personally would like this scoring mode eliminated from the game in future and though there are no doubt some FF players who are happy with it I would be surprised if the majority did not share my view ( in which case the more comments made about it to TFF then the more likely they might be persuaded to dispense with it next season).

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Judio wrote:The Reporter was a certain H Winter :wink:
Probably gave it to an unfashionable Reading bloke then :wink:

Buzlightyear
Kevin and Perry

Post by Buzlightyear »

Just cos you havent got VDS :D I for one think VDS pulled off err 1 great save and had to put up with the disgrace that was the Man U defence for 45 mins. Mis kicking, giving the ball away and generally looking like a school team.
Granted it should have gone to a Reading player, but to those of us that have VDS in goal..i think it was the correct MOTM :wink:

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

All KCs as predicted last night. Definitely no to O'Shea.

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot
FS Record: The superstar of FISO

Post by Yer Old Da »

cilas wrote:MOM from Telegraph website

VDS :lol:
Greening
Get it up ye all who haven't got him.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

dachshund
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dachshund »

I would have given it to VDS myself, honestly, and I don't have him in TFF. Did everything right, could not get near the two goals through no fault of his own. Though Oster and Gunnarsson were good too.

JAYBOY
Kevin and Perry

Post by JAYBOY »

Normally if Rooney is in the lineup its a nailed on motm.
Maybe he needed a couple more minutes on field !!

Crompton
Dumbledore
FS Record: Better than most.

Post by Crompton »

dachshund wrote:I would have given it to VDS myself, honestly, and I don't have him in TFF. Did everything right, could not get near the two goals through no fault of his own. Though Oster and Gunnarsson were good too.
I think your spot on here.

Oster had alot of the ball and looked a threat.

Thought Saha cause alot of problems for the Reading back line, however at times he was wasteful and control let him down a bit.

Burcop
Treebeard

Post by Burcop »

didnt think any united player deserved motm
after they went 3-0 up they then eased off and reading came
back into it. yes vds did make a good save and looked solid
when coming for most crosses, but surely that is not enough for motm.
Reading put on a better show from then onwards and there was good play from ostler, little, de la cruz and even bikey.

Burcop
Treebeard

Post by Burcop »

Crompton wrote:
dachshund wrote:I would have given it to VDS myself, honestly, and I don't have him in TFF. Did everything right, could not get near the two goals through no fault of his own. Though Oster and Gunnarsson were good too.
I think your spot on here.

Oster had alot of the ball and looked a threat.

Thought Saha cause alot of problems for the Reading back line, however at times he was wasteful and control let him down a bit.
although "the current bun" gave him as their motm !!

Jameselaprendi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jameselaprendi »

Bramernic wrote:All KCs as predicted last night. Definitely no to O'Shea.
Just as I thought.

Cant believe VDS got motm by the way, ridiculous decision. Henry Winter probably didnt know any of the Reading player's names and/or couldnt tell one from another. Or maybe he was just looking at the match from a Man United point of view. VDS definately flapped at a few crosses/shots. I admit he made one tremendous save.

I say all this despite his motm meaning my best team is now odds on to break 1300 tonight :!:

Fabien
FISOhead
FS Record: TFF: 23rd (single entrant)

Post by Fabien »

People I know that were at the Utd game at the weekend thought VDS was the best player on the pitch. Perhaps he got this one as a sort of cumulative effect. I know it shouldn't work like that, but in some respects it is fairer that a player that is consistently good, without ever standing head and shoulders above the pack, gets one occassionally.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Its nonsense when people post along the lines - "it was a disgrace giving MotM to X" etc etc

In the case of VdS, he had a very good game except for one David James type horror in the second half. Personally I wouldn't have given him MotM but to argue that it was a nonsense decision is an even greater nonsense.
Its clear that many casual TFF managers like looking for the MotM awards on a Monday morning. Even some who were strongly agin their introduction are learning to live with them and even starting to embrace them, especially since the marks were downgraded from 5 to 3 which may, or may not, have stemmed from suggestions to TFF/GFM last season.

Long ago many of us argued strongly to TFF that introducing MotM was a silly decision, but its a bit late now to moan on these boards. Choose your timing appropriately. In late May when GFM/TFF are planning next years game find out who is in charge of it, and enter into a sensible discussion with them, asking for evidence of popularity etc. However I think that you are in a minority now. I'd have thought that there was more scope for improving the game by arguing for a reduction of penalty shoot out points in the same way that MotM points were reduced. That would be popular with multi entrants and other "professional" FF managers and since such a suggestion would not be for a total elimination, it could well be acceptable to those in charge of the game who want to keep a certain random element that appeals to some lucksters.

Crompton
Dumbledore

Post by Crompton »

VDS kept us in the FA Cup last night.

His saves, positioning, claiming of the ball, bossing from corners and handling (bar one) was superb.

Chief Wiggsy
Grumpy Holman Snr
FS Record: FISO TFF League winner 2005/06 and FISO TFFE League winner 2009 (which got me £100 off NSCTV).

Post by Chief Wiggsy »

Don't agree meself. Think it was an unnecessary addition to a game which showed which managers were able to get points from players worthy of choice when creating points on the pitch by a quite well structured points system and not when a reporter deemed worthy.

The balance of three points decided between two or three players that played better than others that day, but resonably equal to each other, is then quite possibly different choice due to reporter picked for game.

Too random. Still don't seem right to me.

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

Only One match in the Newspaper from the FA Cup

How can the editor say there is no consistency??

No MotM printed :roll:

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

Judio wrote:Only One match in the Newspaper from the FA Cup

How can the editor say there is no consistency??

No MotM printed :roll:
Especially after both were printed yesterday. :roll:

parkender
Wideboy

Post by parkender »

Any KC for McCarthy's goal last night?

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

parkender wrote:Any KC for McCarthy's goal last night?
Just checked TFFO and this is the position:

Blackburn 1-0 Arsenal
McCarthy (-)

pacha
Treebeard

Post by pacha »

parkender wrote:Any KC for McCarthy's goal last night?

I assume that's a wind-up :lol:

axel
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF superleague winner 08/09 & 11/12, Euro 08 superleague winner, 64th in TFC08, Fantasy Cricket 08/09 + 09/10 SL winner

Post by axel »

It will be McCarthy MOTM though won't it?

snowy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th nationally in TFF 05/06

Post by snowy »

axel wrote:It will be McCarthy MOTM though won't it?
fingers crossed.

ShadyOne
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: DLA D-Cup runner up 2008-09, FISO25 cup winner 2009-10

Post by ShadyOne »

My moneys on Friedel.

pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

Post by pottster »

ShadyOne wrote:My moneys on Friedel.
mine too - fingers crossed!

dachshund
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dachshund »

Me too.

Crompton
Dumbledore

Post by Crompton »

Henry Winter is a midfield man.

I'll take a Bentley off him.

Bentley helps put one over on former club.

PS: Bentley is not my choice for MOM. :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”