To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 11 KCs and MotM Oct 28th 29th and 30th

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
Jameselaprendi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jameselaprendi »

forestfan wrote:I can't believe the way people come on here and make personal attacks like this on the long-standing members of this forum.

Of course anyone with thousands of posts will have made plenty that are off-topic, but that's not the point - these are generally kept to the correct forums, and a large proportion of what they post is valuable information, without which this site would be nothing. A minority of people almost managed to drive away thelip for good a few weeks ago, and this kind of thing will surely have murf and a couple of others wondering why they bother.

I suggest for those who don't like the way things are done on here, they look elsewhere, or why not start your own site and see if you can get 15,000 members and as much useful information posted on a regular basis!
By the same token i dont think the users with more posts should feel like they own the forum. In the end, if this particular thread is SO important to be kept 100% clean of irrelevant posts then whoever feels that strongly should get administrative powers to enforce it on the day.

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

I can't believe how this argument is panning out. The reason that we ask that comments only get posted here after seeing the goals is that getting information second hand (via text commentary etc) has been proved time and time again to be very unreliable. Even radio commentary has it's faults because if passes are strung together quickly the commentator can't keep up and so will miss someone out. We (I) have no objection to speculation from anyone who is seeing the match, even if they're not quite sure. It is afterall only opinion.

Comments like the one murf made are also very helpful, particularly to clarify where the poster isn't sure of the rules. You don't have to have seen the goal to be able to caution that a massive deflection is likely to cancel out the KC.

There are many people here who use this thread to tot up their potential scores, so it is not unreasonable to ask that dubious information from unreliable sources is kept away. People gently reminding others of this request are not being killjoys, those who say otherwise are not respecting the wishes of many other people on the forum.

The suggestion of multiple threads is, imo, plain silly. Anyone can read the various text commentaries if they want to base their opinions on that. Those that would like to read informed opinion from people watching the game(s) should come here.

alexthorndike
Red & Blue Braces

Post by alexthorndike »

I can't believe some of the views expressed on this site. It's down to people like Murf, the Lip, Tomnach, and many others like them that site is a valuable resource for those interested in FF. Murf was expressing his informed view that if the ball took a significant deflection then a kc probably wouldn't be given. Where is the respect that these elder statesmen (no agesism intended) of FISO should be given. Without people like the usefulness of this site would be alot less!

Forgot Bram!

Jameselaprendi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jameselaprendi »

Bramernic, equally people want to speculate on KCs based on text commentary, radio commentry and other sources. If they didnt want to do it wouldnt happen. I have done this occasionally, and I have seen this many many times, and nearly always the poster makes it clear that they arent actually watching.

There are other TFF points scoring related matters people want to talk about 'in game', such as yellow cards and also certain implications of certain incidents.

This type of speculation tends to gravitate to this thread on match day because whether you like it or not there are a large number of members who dont venture off this TFF board, and arent insterested in doing so. In an open forum this has to be respected and therefore the seperate 'speculation' thread is the only way EVERYONE is going to get what they want. (Both the grumpy purists and cheeky enthusiasts)

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

[Deliberately avoiding certain parts of this thread...]
Jameselaprendi wrote:This type of speculation tends to gravitate to this thread on match day because whether you like it or not there are a large number of members who dont venture off this TFF board, and arent insterested in doing so. In an open forum this has to be respected and therefore the seperate 'speculation' thread is the only way EVERYONE is going to get what they want. (Both the grumpy purists and cheeky enthusiasts)
I think you may be right on this - it is certainly worth trying for a couple of weeks to see how it goes.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

WHam 1-0 Blackburn (Sky)
Sheringham (Benayoun and poss/prob Zamora)

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: Small Profit

Post by anon6 »

murf wrote:WHam 1-0 Blackburn (Sky)
notice that no-ones quoting the BBC text commentry :wink:

mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man
Location: cut down like a vegetable by your hard kickin mother who's an animal
FS Record: 269th TFF 08/09, 11th TFFO 08/09, 49th TFFE 08/09, 50th Elephant 10/11, 92nd Sky Sports 10/11

Post by mike_d99 »

anon1086 wrote:
murf wrote:WHam 1-0 Blackburn (Sky)
notice that no-ones quoting the BBC text commentry :wink:
Just as well, seeing as last time I looked it was claiming Hayden Mullins got the assist! :roll:

I'm surprised by this anomaly, as the BBC rarely gets it wrong.... :lol:

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Judio wrote:How about an outside chance for Sidwell who got a touch from the scramble to Doyle ??
Only just seen this little question amongst the other 'stuff'. :?

An outside chance is all I'd give. I freeze framed the goal several times and couldn't get past a defender touching it out to Doyle. But it wasn't the clearest view in the world, coupled with one of the replays being obliterarted by the final score caption - what was the point of that???

chaser2k4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1 Motw in 2006 tffe, top 500 finish in euro 2008 tff! trying to break into that top 1000 in tff. much better at shorter games.

Post by chaser2k4 »

Mullins (no kc)
Bentley (Mccarthy)

KaKaMyPants
Grumpy Old Man

Post by KaKaMyPants »

murf wrote:Think we need 3 threads. 2 as stated and one for muppets to make idiot comments - maybe kennersuk could start the third one :wink:
NOT THE FIRST TIME MURF HAS TRIED TO INFLAME ARGUEMENTS OVER SOMETHING PETTY ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD.

http://fantasyfootballuk.co.uk/viewtopi ... highlight=

I could point out that murf is ananagram of FU MR but that would be reducing myself to his level.

I would like to think that bullying on this message board is totally unecessary. Next time murf, if you see a message you do not agree with, if you cant be civil, take a deep breath and ignore it.... :wink:

gilberto
Kevin and Perry

Post by gilberto »

Aye the boys a tool like.

funnily enoungh my mate kakad his pants after a heavy night last night!

Random_Guy
Treebeard

Post by Random_Guy »

Because the Etherington corner was headed on by a defender does that negate the KC for the Mullins goal? It wasnt a substantial deflection...

thelip
FISO Jedi Braveheart
FS Record: Variable

Post by thelip »

KaKaMyPants and gilberto,

Both of you are out of order IMO. murf isn't only the most senior(in terms of posts) FISO member but someone who consistently offers help, support and advice to anyone who needs it. To suggest that he is anal over this matter is wrong as Judio's first post always states that you should not post if you haven't seen the goals.

Take this thread at face value and post your comments if you have seen the goals. If not then keep your opinions to yourself.

dan1man
FISOhead

Post by dan1man »

Can someone explain to me how posting a comment on here to slag off another forum member is any more acceptable than posting a comment on a goal you haven't seen (or a comment on someone else's comment about a goal) ???

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

thelip wrote:KaKaMyPants and gilberto,

Both of you are out of order IMO. murf isn't only the most senior(in terms of posts) FISO member but someone who consistently offers help, support and advice to anyone who needs it. To suggest that he is anal over this matter is wrong as Judio's first post always states that you should not post if you haven't seen the goals.

Take this thread at face value and post your comments if you have seen the goals. If not then keep your opinions to yourself.
I'll 2nd this - if you add in kennersuk.....

come on guys - get a grip. :(

john hannon

Post by john hannon »

Anyone seen the telegraph for MOTM 's ?

snowy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th nationally in TFF 05/06

Post by snowy »

john hannon wrote:Anyone seen the telegraph for MOTM 's ?
yes all of us, but we're keeping them to ourselves and not posting them :wink:

(read: once they're out, they'll be posted here pretty quickly)

Jameselaprendi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jameselaprendi »

Its the monday edition of the telegraph that tells us the official TFF man of the match awards. Thats maybe the one thing this forum hasnt got - someone with access to a very very early edition of the telegraph to give us a prompt list. I notice they sometimes have early editions on newsnight? So they ARE out there already!

If you goto sleep now tho they'll all be there for you in the morning when you wake up!

HERO OF CANTON
FISOhead

Post by HERO OF CANTON »

Personally I'm with Murf on this one, and you should all know I was kicked off this forum for bending rules and being a bit of a git the first time round.

As has been said this is a dedicated thread, and opinions aren't welcome. I corrected predicted with my last account that Bellamy was in for MOTM, and I could tell solely by reading reports; I hadn't even watched MOTD.

Point is; yeah you might be right; but this board has infinite space to start a new topic with your opinion.

---

Parallel point. Im part of the Digital Spy TV forum, and if someone posted a thread called FUTURAMA Season 1 DVD Pace, and some jackass started talking about Season 3, he'd be immediately banned from the forum. Same applies here. Post what the post is about, and nothing else.

---

Seems we're part of an idiot culture, whereby people can't read, can't understand and can't investigate. The amount of people who ask what CK is, what a KC is, or like the guy above, has anyone seen the MOTMs. Its just lazy; get off your fat arse and look. The telegraph site is where we get the MOTMs from, and its free so look yourself.

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

Can't we just have two sticky threads each week (the normal one & another for those more 'dubious' sources) & then both camps can stick to the thread that suits them?...

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

MOTM's confirmed on website;

Watford vs Tottenham :arrow: Lennon
Portsmouth vs Reading :arrow: Mendes
West Ham vs Blackburn :arrow: Sheringham
Arsenal vs Everton :arrow: Fabregas
Sheffield United vs Chelsea :arrow: Ballack
Bolton vs Manchester United :arrow: Rooney
Fulham vs Wigan :arrow: Camara
Newcastle vs Charlton :arrow: El Karkouri
Liverpool vs Aston Villa :arrow: Kuyt
Last edited by Razorback on 30 Oct 2006, 00:47, edited 3 times in total.

Jameselaprendi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jameselaprendi »

Razorback wrote:Can't we just have two sticky threads each week (the normal one & another for those more 'dubious' sources) & then both camps can stick to the thread that suits them?...
100% agreed.

Two threads, both sticky would be ideal. One marked with "Speculation/Debate" in the title. Bingo - problem solved. People can stop losing their sense of humour.

dilwar
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 1264th first season - Highest ever position 627th

Post by dilwar »

I'd just like to say I use this thread to tot up my scores every weekend and find it very unhelpful to find peoples opinions on here when they have not even seen the goals.

IMO this thread should be short and to the point.

There are plenty of other threads usually available on speculation and even game by game and if there isn't one then why not start one?

Also l'd like to take this opportunity to thank people like Murf, Bramenic, Judio and The Lip that put so much time and effort to provide valuable information to this excellent forum.

HERO OF CANTON
FISOhead

Post by HERO OF CANTON »

Well from various sources Lennon and Mendes looked likely, but Fabregas. I mean yay, but seriously, I was looked at Cahill for that one.

Jameselaprendi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jameselaprendi »

Razorback wrote:MOTM's confirmed on website (so far);

Sheffield United vs Chelsea :arrow: Ballack
Bolton vs Manchester United :arrow: Rooney :shock:
Just Garcia and Rossi to be confirmed then...
Last edited by Jameselaprendi on 30 Oct 2006, 00:22, edited 1 time in total.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

Jameselaprendi wrote:
Razorback wrote:Can't we just have two sticky threads each week (the normal one & another for those more 'dubious' sources) & then both camps can stick to the thread that suits them?...
100% agreed.

Two threads, both sticky would be ideal. One marked with "Speculation/Debate" in the title. Bingo - problem solved. People can stop losing their sense of humour.
hopefully this might be the answer - as I for one don't want to see the likes of Bram, judio or murf (and all the others!) jacking all this in because of a few arseholes

dilwar
FISOhead

Post by dilwar »

Razorback wrote:MOTM's confirmed on website (so far);

Sheffield United vs Chelsea :arrow: Ballack :roll: - Guess FF will never get MOTM then!
Bolton vs Manchester United :arrow: Rooney

dilwar
FISOhead

Post by dilwar »

Sorry - Site keeps going into Debug mode!
Last edited by dilwar on 30 Oct 2006, 00:20, edited 1 time in total.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

dilwar wrote:I'd just like to say I use this thread to tot up my scores every weekend and find it very unhelpful to find peoples opinions on here when they have not even seen the goals.

IMO this thread should be short and to the point.

There are plenty of other threads usually available on speculation and even game by game and if there isn't one then why not start one?

Also l'd like to take this opportunity to thank people like Murf, Bramenic, Judio and The Lip that put so much time and effort to provide valuable information to this excellent forum.
I tend to just scroll through til I see the ominous Bram Green Box avatar and tot em up from there.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”