To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Single team, cash league strategy

A Fantasy Football forum for news on World Cup (TFFWC), European Championships (TFFEC) and Champions League, Europe (TFFE) Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph.
roadrunner
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2013 Auto Trader F1 winner

Single team, cash league strategy

Post by roadrunner »

I’ve entered a team with some pals, we’re paying a tenner each and it’s winner takes the lot. Strictly one team per person. This is not a game I know much about, and I don’t suppose my competitors do either.

So what’s the best strategy?

People here are talking about block defences. With a single team, that’s surely too much of a risk? Your defenders could easily concede, you’re going to have some who can never score a goal or an assist, and there’s a chance you will pick somebody who doesn’t even get on the pitch which means a wasted transfer. I’d prefer to spend all my transfers on rotating the strikers.

At the back I’ve gone for de Gea, Marcelo, Kimmich, Godin and Meunier. I suppose I could have Ramos and Muslera instead of de Gea and Godin, not sure which pair would be better. But with that sort of set-up I think I can get a few clean sheets and also some goals and assists. Maybe that's a bit unrealistic though, there are only three group games after all. So am I spending too much on defence?

Midfield is Hazard, Muller, Eriksen and Isco who I think can all score decent points, plus one enabler – Milinkovic-Savic.

That leaves 7.0 for the striker position, so I can have anyone I want and just keep changing. Is just one striker a mistake?

So what are the flaws in my plan? One might be that if I use all my transfers on strikers, I’m going to have a few players getting rested in the final group games. But hopefully I can more than offset that with the goals my strikers are (hopefully) going to score, or maybe I can use say 20 transfers for the striker rotation and hold a few back to replace any players who get rested.

Above all, how important is the formation? Have I chosen the wrong one?

Help a brother out!

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Single team, cash league strategy

Post by CptPugwash »

A mix & match defence is very unlikely to win the overall prize - but it's perfectly acceptable for a cash league.

4-5-1 - no problem starting with. However by the need of the first set of fixtures your striker is all likliehood going to be a striker from group G or group H. Which means that to switch striker at the start of the second round of fixtures you will have to do a backward transfer. The best way to overcome this is to start with a Russian midfielder instead of 1 of your premiums & switch to 4-4-2 dropping the Russian midfielder for a striker (Ronaldo?) after Russia's second game. That's a serious cash upgrade so bear that in mind with your team selection.

I think you have too much money tied up. If you want to start 4-5-1 i'd change a premium defender/goalkeeper for a Russian - at least for the first game, and probably 2 or 3 games.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “International Telegraph Fantasy Football Games”