To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

itslikebrandnew TFF World Cup Blog

A Fantasy Football forum for news on World Cup (TFFWC), European Championships (TFFEC) and Champions League, Europe (TFFE) Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph.
AdrianJH1984
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Newbie

Re: itslikebrandnew TFF World Cup Blog

Post by AdrianJH1984 »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 11:02 Todays transfers :-

DEF Hakimi Morocco 2.9 2pts - Pavard France 2.7m
MID Ziyech Morocco 4.5 2pts - Tolisso France 2.9m
F Smolov Russia 3.7 2pts - Griezmann France 6.6m

A cheap French def and mid that i'll keep for 2 games and cross my fingers that they get a 2nd game. This gives me a bigger budget so i can be more flexible with my more expensive players

Griezmann in as he could quite easily score big today.
Transferred in Griezman he scored but i think il be getting rid of him and hoping another lad scores more. Waste of a transfer on Hernandez eff useless overated twit Umtiti im trying to be PC :D

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

AdrianJH1984 wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 12:32

A cheap French def and mid that i'll keep for 2 games and cross my fingers that they get a 2nd game. This gives me a bigger budget so i can be more flexible with my more expensive players

Transferred in Griezman he scored but i think il be getting rid of him and hoping another lad scores more. Waste of a transfer on Hernandez eff useless overated twit Umtiti im trying to be PC :D
Griezmann getting a goal is the only good thing about my transfers today. Tolisso gets a yellow, umtiti not knowing he's playing football rather than handball

AdrianJH1984
Kevin and Perry

Post by AdrianJH1984 »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 12:37
AdrianJH1984 wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 12:32

Griezmann getting a goal is the only good thing about my transfers today. Tolisso gets a yellow, umtiti not knowing he's playing football rather than handball

True he scored if you get rid of him tho you get to keep his points and whatever his replacement gets but you'd want his replacement to score at least 2 goals to make up the difference. Correct? Worse case scenario you could get 6 pts for Greizmann and 6 Pts for whoever so 12 points wont be bad considering

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Yep, i think i'll have to put Messi in.

This strategy needs a bit of tweaking as you can't really make up the losses if defenders don't get a clean sheet. I reckon it should probably be a block defence for 2 games, and then swap them out for another block defence for 2 games. That would give a greater chance to get the points needed.

AdrianJH1984
Kevin and Perry

Post by AdrianJH1984 »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 12:56 Yep, i think i'll have to put Messi in.

This strategy needs a bit of tweaking as you can't really make up the losses if defenders don't get a clean sheet. I reckon it should probably be a block defence for 2 games, and then swap them out for another block defence for 2 games. That would give a greater chance to get the points needed.
Im not a fan of the transfers. Tbh i think pick your team for the 1st round of games and tough luck if they dont go well as i think that way is fairer and its a level playing field. Then the transfer window can open again for the 2nd round of Group mayches. Plus if i knew the transfer rules beforehand i would have picked my team selection diffently. I only found out the rules yesterday was too late by then to change anything as none of my midfielders have played yet and there all the big guns so im hoping they all score at least 5 points each min.
Plus il probably get rid of my striker who scored but if my replacement doesnt score it just means ive gotten an extra 2 points so its a waste of a transfer and I dont want to waste all my transfer in the 1st round of matches as in the 2nd and 3rd group games players could be suspensded, injured or rested

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Sneaked these in just before kick off and hoping for a goal fest

Griezmann to Ageuro
Ronaldo to Messi

AdrianJH1984
Kevin and Perry

Post by AdrianJH1984 »

itslikebrandnew wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 14:25 Sneaked these in just before kick off and hoping for a goal fest

Griezmann to Ageuro
Ronaldo to Messi
I was looking at Aguero but went for Messi as i thought he might up his game after Ronaldos performance last night......another waste of a transfer :roll: I changed my formation and i left Greizmann in the team and took out a midfielder who hadnt played yet and put in Messi more than likely il be taking out Messi and bringing back in my midfielder haha

AdrianJH1984
Kevin and Perry

Post by AdrianJH1984 »

This penalty miss sums up my luck.....i knew by looking at him he'd miss.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Latest transfers, missed a trick on Harry Kane that i'm kicking myself over. I just didnt want to transfer Cavani out with him only needed 7.5pts from Saudi, and put Kane in and he didnt score and then have to put Cavani back in and using 2 transfers needing 19pts + the 7.5 from before.

16/6
Griezmann, A(Striker) = Aguero, S(Striker)
Ronaldo, C(Striker)= Messi, L(Striker)

17/6
Tolisso, C(Midfielder) = Milinkovic-Savic, S(Midfielder)
Aguero, S(Striker) = Mitrovic, A(Striker)

18/6
Kolarov, A(Defender) = Layun, M(Defender)
Pavard, B(Defender)= Granqvist, A (Defender)
Hernandez, L(Defender) =Boyata, D(Defender)
Mitrovic, A(Striker) = Mertens, D(Striker)
di Maria, A(Midfielder) =Hazard, E(Midfielder)
Messi, L(Striker) =Lukaku, R(Striker)

Current team :-

Musula 7pts (2.5pts needed)
Boyata 7pts (10pts needed)
Meunier 6pts (3.5pts needed)
Layun 7 pts (0 needed)
Granqvist 12pts (12.5pts needed)
Hazard 8pts (9pts needed)
Savic 2pts (24.5pts needed)
Muller 1pt (8.5pts needed)
Lukaku 12 pts (7pts needed)
Cavani 2 pts (7.5pts needed)
Mertins 7 pts (18.5pts needed)

A couple of these have already become unachievable. Ziyech to Tolisso to Savic has been a disaster. I think i'll just have to leave it at that to keep the squad value down and i can keep getting big hitters in.

The only transfer i can do tomorrow that wont put me further behind is to transfer out Layun. I could do with a goalscoring def that keeps a clean sheet. I've had a couple of good results with them lately.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

I think i'm still frustated at not putting Harry Kane in and now afraid of not doing another transfer i've been thinking about.

So going for it this time, Mertens to Falcao

Game is a bit like poker and i'm on tilt :lol:

Current team :-

Layun 7 pts (0 needed)
Granqvist 12pts (12.5pts needed)
Falcao 2pts (26 points needed

Typical, it was game over after 3 mins for Columbia really with that red card. Falcao transfer becomes a really bad one. Taken out Granqvist before the Germany match and gone 343 with Mane.

Layun 7 pts (0 needed)
Mane (22pts needed)
Falcao 2pts (26 points needed)

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

All gone wrong, and concentrating on the golden boot now :lol:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Up to 5th in the race for the Golden Boot......shame i wasted so many transfers on donkeys like Werner and Dembele

AdrianJH1984
Kevin and Perry

Post by AdrianJH1984 »

4th in my Private league 20 points behind so I have to gamble in the next round. My tactic is to pick players playing on the first two days and then transfer some lads out for the Monday and Tues games. I could run out of transfers but it won't be till the Semis lol

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

I had Suarez instead of Cavani and Giroud instead of Mbappe and now fallen behind in the race for the golden boot.

I've now got to make 4 goals up on the leaders. I'm assuming the only way to do that would be to put in a block from what i think is going to be a one sided match and hope the goals get spread about.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “International Telegraph Fantasy Football Games”