To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF World Cup 2018

A Fantasy Football forum for news on World Cup (TFFWC), European Championships (TFFEC) and Champions League, Europe (TFFE) Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph.
mindcrush
Kevin and Perry

Re: TFF World Cup 2018

Post by mindcrush »

Sutter Kane wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 19:47 Well I can't remember if Cpt P or anyone with more experience than me has given advice because you should analyse that as well! This is my first time playing TFF of any kind so can't say how many transfers you should leave for the semis/final. Neymar sounds good for now though, then analyse again tomorrow night.
My first time too, hence my uncertainty but I feel good having 8 going into the semis. Obviously a lot of it comes down to whether Belgium go through for my opponent and whether Croatia go through for me but I feel like I have left myself enough transfers that I can maneuver regardless of how the semis shape up and still have a fighting chance.

mindcrush
Kevin and Perry

Post by mindcrush »

JamieGNo1 wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 20:55How would you play it...???
I can understand what you mean about the semis and finals but I think your best move is to wait. Moving for a player who goes out could really end up hurting you. You have enough transfers (as far as I can tell) to cover any combination of teams that go out so it is maximising the amount of games you have remaining to you. As it stands you have a full team to play the quarters and can have a team to start another two games guaranteed. Then, if things fall right for you you can even add a few extra players for the final. What you don't want to do is make 2 or 3 transfers before the end of the quarters and end up with only 8 or 9 players to play the last four matches of the tournament.

rinky
FISOhead
FS Record: jan 09 sdt mom feb 13 tff mow feb 13 mirror mom 17-18 tff golden goal winner

Post by rinky »

Not going to win any prizes in the overall but have a French BLOCK on 140 with 8 trf left . Just wondered how that compares to everyone else..

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

France 152 knockout / 6 left 111th overall

And also found a 142 8 left

SamD
FISO Knight

In suspense

Post by SamD »

Saturday's quarter-finals: second booking will mean player is banned from next match.

Currently on a yellow card

Sweden: Claesson, Ekdal (Mikael Lustig misses QF as he has two bookings)
England: Walker, Loftus-Cheek, Henderson, Lingard

Croatia: Rakitic, Rebic, Brozovic, Corluka, Jedvaj, Mandzukic, Pjaca, Vrsaljko
Russia: Gazinsky, Golovin, Kutepov, Smolov, Zobnin

Yellow cards are reset to zero after above matches.

Thomas Meunier will sit out Belgium's semi-final with France as he was booked against Brazil on Friday.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Well I was dead and buried (after Griezmann vs Muslera went awfully), 47 behind the leader who brought in Maguire today and he already owned Trippier! I have a 6-man England defensive block. I only have 5 transfers left and will be 16 behind if England keep a cleanie and would have thought I'd need another clean sheet from them in the semis or the playoff (which is extremely unlikely given the opposition). If only Maguire could have done that last game when I solely had him.

Perhaps looking at another defensive block with my transfers or more likely go for differentials such as Pogba, Dzyuba, etc. There'll probably be a route to a ML win but extremely unlikely still. He has Subisic only tonight so Dzyuba would be the smart move I think...? :|

#Plenty of time for England to mess this up and Sweden to score here.

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

I was in the top 200 and scored 11 points in the England game, but dropped to nearly 500th :( . Must be a lot of patriotic England block holders near the top of the board.

Maldini
Dumbledore

TFF World Cup 2018

Post by Maldini »

I have three and they have made a big jump up the table.

That last minute Colombia goal was a real sickener though and probably finally put out any flickering flame of hope I had of catching the leaders.

Jan Koller
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Won a few quid

Post by Jan Koller »

I put Kane in today, another wasted transfer.

mindcrush
Kevin and Perry

Post by mindcrush »

mindcrush wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 19:50
Sutter Kane wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 19:47 Well I can't remember if Cpt P or anyone with more experience than me has given advice because you should analyse that as well! This is my first time playing TFF of any kind so can't say how many transfers you should leave for the semis/final. Neymar sounds good for now though, then analyse again tomorrow night.
My first time too, hence my uncertainty but I feel good having 8 going into the semis. Obviously a lot of it comes down to whether Belgium go through for my opponent and whether Croatia go through for me but I feel like I have left myself enough transfers that I can maneuver regardless of how the semis shape up and still have a fighting chance.

Well, Belgium did unfortunately go through but at least Croatia had the decency to scrape past Russia (albeit none of my Croatian starters managed much). So here if the situation I find myself in: I am 48 points behind the top team but I have 8 remaining transfers to their 2.

My current lineup - De Gea - Strinic - Lovren - Perreira - Hazard - Coutinho - Modric - Perisic - Neymar - Rebic - Kane

His current lineup (as best I know it) - Courtois - Boyata - Meunier - Trippier - Hazard - Sterling - Lingard - Modric - Lukaku - Jesus - Kane

As far as I can figure it, I am going to need at least block clean sheet, potentially two to stand any chance. The fact that my opponent is so heavy on Belgium makes me thing that going for a France block makes sense as the biggest likely points differential and that they would have a better chance at keeping a clean sheet against England/Croatia that a potential England block would against France/Belgium.

I am thinking of going with the following:

Lloris - Strinic - Pavard - Varane - Hernandez - Hazard - Modric - Perisic - Griezmann - Rebic - Mbappe

This then leaves two transfers so cycle Kane and Mbappe in and out of the team.

Anyone got any thoughts? Should I put in Umtiti as well to really maximise my French block?

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

Post by Giggs11 »

Bit of a hopeless situation for you when you still have De Gea who went out in the last 16 and Perreira who has played once in the tournament.
To have four non players and eight transfers left is quite nonsensical tbh.
You would have been only 20 odd points behind if you had shipped these four players and I fear it is too late for you.

mindcrush
Kevin and Perry

Post by mindcrush »

Giggs11 wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 11:25 Bit of a hopeless situation for you when you still have De Gea who went out in the last 16 and Perreira who has played once in the tournament.
To have four non players and eight transfers left is quite nonsensical tbh.
You would have been only 20 odd points behind if you had shipped these four players and I fear it is too late for you.
I saved transfers because the worry was that Croatia going out would leave me decimated.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

It depends on what your final aspirations are/ how many teams you have/ mini league or overall, but agree with giggs, even if croatia had gone out all your doing is replacing their final 2 games with potentialy 2 games you could off had replacing the non players instantly, or more if the replacements had gone the whole way.

As far as the current situation going france heavy in any way you can work looks your only chance.

mindcrush
Kevin and Perry

Post by mindcrush »

robot wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 12:29 It depends on what your final aspirations are/ how many teams you have/ mini league or overall, but agree with giggs, even if croatia had gone out all your doing is replacing their final 2 games with potentialy 2 games you could off had replacing the non players instantly, or more if the replacements had gone the whole way.

As far as the current situation going france heavy in any way you can work looks your only chance.
I only have one team and the aspiration really is to win my mini league and go above my main opponent. Maybe I have played it wrong, this is my first time on TFF, but I figured having guaranteed starters all the way through to the final would give me the most chance at points. I didn't want to end up in a situation of having 7-8 players to start.

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

His team needs a Belgium v England final. Assuming squads would be heavily rotated in a 3rd/4th game, I'd guess to gain 48 points you'd need to be on France and Croatia and for both them to get to the final. Good luck!

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

mindcrush wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 12:50 I only have one team and the aspiration really is to win my mini league and go above my main opponent. Maybe I have played it wrong, this is my first time on TFF, but I figured having guaranteed starters all the way through to the final would give me the most chance at points. I didn't want to end up in a situation of having 7-8 players to start.
Yeah it's about weighing up the time to gamble big time. It's probably too late but all my eggs would be in the France basket, that's double misery for him with a France win, which could happen. Obviously make sure your team is invisible to him from now until the end, else he can copy you with his 2 transfers. His team is very Belgium / England heavy so them meeting in either the playoff or final means all his players in one game with little room for manoevre. If you get the France clean sheet, you can then hope most of his players are rested in the playoff. You'll be able to change Haz/Kane to starters - he prob won't be able to. Then I feel you have a chance but may need another France CS in the final which is more realistic than anything above!! :D

I'm 23 behind with 5 transfers to his 4. It feels like a 10% chance of winning compared to 1% which it was a couple days ago. An England CS Wednesday and it'll be 50/50. Going for differentials in Pogba and Mbappe for now and then 3 transfers to play with after the semis. I've hidden my team so I feel he's panic wasting his transfers. The one thing that will destroy everything is England losing to Croatia as I feel a second team (defence especially) will play in the playoff. I have 8 England players so the SF (6 defensive) will be a bit bare if Croatia are there but I've made my bed now. One England CS out of two from SF and final would probably see me win, which is incredible really.

mindcrush
Kevin and Perry

Post by mindcrush »

Sutter Kane wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 18:36
mindcrush wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 12:50 I only have one team and the aspiration really is to win my mini league and go above my main opponent. Maybe I have played it wrong, this is my first time on TFF, but I figured having guaranteed starters all the way through to the final would give me the most chance at points. I didn't want to end up in a situation of having 7-8 players to start.
Yeah it's about weighing up the time to gamble big time. It's probably too late but all my eggs would be in the France basket, that's double misery for him with a France win, which could happen. Obviously make sure your team is invisible to him from now until the end, else he can copy you with his 2 transfers. His team is very Belgium / England heavy so them meeting in either the playoff or final means all his players in one game with little room for manoevre. If you get the France clean sheet, you can then hope most of his players are rested in the playoff. You'll be able to change Haz/Kane to starters - he prob won't be able to. Then I feel you have a chance but may need another France CS in the final which is more realistic than anything above!! :D
Yeah, lesson learned I think. I was tempted to go either Maguire/Stones or Varane/Pavard for the QFs but I was probably too conservative and it has cost me. I'll roll out the French block and pray but I am not expecting miracles. I'd take one clean sheet out of two and a goal or a couple of assists if it was offered to me and hope to make up points with a poor Belgium performance.
Sutter Kane wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 18:36I'm 23 behind with 5 transfers to his 4. It feels like a 10% chance of winning compared to 1% which it was a couple days ago. An England CS Wednesday and it'll be 50/50. Going for differentials in Pogba and Mbappe for now and then 3 transfers to play with after the semis. I've hidden my team so I feel he's panic wasting his transfers. The one thing that will destroy everything is England losing to Croatia as I feel a second team (defence especially) will play in the playoff. I have 8 England players so the SF (6 defensive) will be a bit bare if Croatia are there but I've made my bed now. One England CS out of two from SF and final would probably see me win, which is incredible really.
23 points isn't nothing but it is within reach. A heavy England approach could well yield fruit for you.

You mention teams resting players for the third place game. Is that a terribly likely scenario? I know the league season is only 5-6 weeks away but is a manager really going to turn the chance at third place?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

I heard people mentioning it but don't really know. You could do with it being true! I thought of it in terms on England and the reserve players they could bring in and it makes sense.

mindcrush
Kevin and Perry

Post by mindcrush »

Sutter Kane wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 20:03 I heard people mentioning it but don't really know. You could do with it being true! I thought of it in terms on England and the reserve players they could bring in and it makes sense.
I don't know that I can see it. Third place sounds a heck of a lot better for Southgate than semi-finalist and besides, it didn't work so well against Belgium.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Just tweeted that the player list for the 2018/19 season is almost finished.

Also asking people to vote on whether Martial should be classified as a midfielder or striker.
I’d never even have given it a thought that he should be anything other than a striker but midfielder is currently leading! Image

SamD
FISO Knight

World Cup semi-finals

Post by SamD »

Early team news

France v Belgium, Tues
Defender Thomas Meunier picked up two yellow cards before the semi-final stage so is suspended.

Croatia v England, Wed
Right-back Šime Vrsaljko is unlikely to recover from injury sustained in quarter-final against Russia.
Possible replacement is Vedran Corluka.
Source: https://www.racingpost.com/sport/world- ... and/338372

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Maldini wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 14:45 Just tweeted that the player list for the 2018/19 season is almost finished.

Also asking people to vote on whether Martial should be classified as a midfielder or striker.
I’d never even have given it a thought that he should be anything other than a striker but midfielder is currently leading!
Some self interest going on there in the voting. You know Malders, this really deserves a thread of its own.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Re: World Cup semi-finals

Post by jimwinn »

SamD wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 18:25 Early team news

France v Belgium, Tues
Defender Thomas Meunier picked up two yellow cards before the semi-final stage so is suspended.

Croatia v England, Wed
Right-back Šime Vrsaljko is unlikely to recover from injury sustained in quarter-final against Russia.
Possible replacement is Vedran Corluka.
Source: https://www.racingpost.com/sport/world- ... and/338372
Well there goes the chance of a Croatia clean sheet. He really was shocking at Spurs - slow and clumsy (and I'm a Spurs fan).

Might even get Stirling in against the old tug boat.

Omahyo
Kevin and Perry

Post by Omahyo »

Does the 3rd place play off count?

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Yes.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Omahyo wrote:Does the 3rd place play off count?
Reality - no
TFF - yes

rinky
FISOhead
FS Record: jan 09 sdt mom feb 13 tff mow feb 13 mirror mom 17-18 tff golden goal winner

Post by rinky »

238 with 8 French to play in the knockout.. Not sure how many French blokes or even blocks above me but think there will be a few.

rinky
FISOhead

Post by rinky »

Moved up 30 places. Well played Mr Stevens.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “International Telegraph Fantasy Football Games”