To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF Euro 2016

A Fantasy Football forum for news on World Cup (TFFWC), European Championships (TFFEC) and Champions League, Europe (TFFE) Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph.
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Re: TFF Euro 2016

Post by Ashers »

Found myself going backwards even with a Welsh, German and Belgium defence.

mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man
Location: cut down like a vegetable by your hard kickin mother who's an animal
FS Record: 269th TFF 08/09, 11th TFFO 08/09, 49th TFFE 08/09, 50th Elephant 10/11, 92nd Sky Sports 10/11

Post by mike_d99 »

I didn't expect so many to have Belgium defenders.

For example, I started with a Poland block, then switched to a France block, then to a German block. Didn't dare then bring in a Belgium block or I'd have used most of my transfers by Day 2 of the knockout stages!

Obviously not everyone will have gone down that route but I imagine there must be quite a few running low on transfers already.

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

Not many transfers left for the Belgium blocks I should imagine. I was surprised to score 20 points in the Belgium game and go backwards. What are these people at the top of the leader board thinking about? Winning I suppose .. well played lads .. we'd better get our own daisy chain blocks going. never played a fantasy game where goals and assists mean so little.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

I started with German back four and swapped to Belgium back five. 14 transfers left and 85th.

Won't win it but confident I'll get top 20-30 with a couple of teams.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

7lb claimer wrote:Not many transfers left for the Belgium blocks I should imagine. I was surprised to score 20 points in the Belgium game and go backwards. What are these people at the top of the leader board thinking about? Winning I suppose .. well played lads .. we'd better get our own daisy chain blocks going. never played a fantasy game where goals and assists mean so little.
Why the surprise? Belgium played hungary and a win would mean playing wales and playing again before germany/france and in the first semi,so either those with lack of transfers go all the way with them or use the few they have left to change after friday or after a possible semi defeat.
I'm surprised the leader isnt higher,my best is 4th with not a lot left and when I look at the history it could of been so much better.

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

robot wrote:Why the surprise? Belgium played hungary and a win would mean playing wales and playing again before germany/france and in the first semi,so either those with lack of transfers go all the way with them or use the few they have left to change after friday or after a possible semi defeat.
I'm surprised the leader isnt higher,my best is 4th with not a lot left and when I look at the history it could of been so much better.
That's why I left myself with a Belgium block - only curve balls are Vermelen is suspended for Wales so it's 1 less player also Vertonghen and Meunier are on yellow cards so they need to avoid a yellow vs WAL (assuming they win).

If BEL lose to WAL on FRI - it's going to be hard to pick a team from the remaining Qtr Finals, GER v ITA/SPA, FRA v ENG/ICE. Like yourself with low transfers left we really, really need BEL to get through this game.

As you said if they win that Qtr Final they play on the Wednesday before the other semi. I think strategy is to sit tight hope BEL bt WAL, let the other half of the draw play out then make changes at the Semi Final stage.

I've been lucky that my 4 non-BEL players so far have all got through Ronaldo, Payet, Chester, Bale.

Really need ENG and SPA to concede tonight two clean sheets will ruin all of BEL/WAL work for me.

camelot70
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: joined as 035robroy July 2013

Post by camelot70 »

Exclusive FINAL 7 MATCH PRIZE to M Hulots Holiday teams. No action required. Full details when final 8 are known tonight.

mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 269th TFF 08/09, 11th TFFO 08/09, 49th TFFE 08/09, 50th Elephant 10/11, 92nd Sky Sports 10/11

Post by mike_d99 »

7lb claimer wrote:never played a fantasy game where goals and assists mean so little.
I agree with this. As it stands you're unlikely to be able to compete unless you pick block defences. Would be miles better if you were only allowed to pick two defenders max from one team. That would make every single point matter and it'd be far more exciting as a result.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

What an absolutely abject England performance .... that's all

norvern muppet
FISO Knight
FS Record: never done nowt

Post by norvern muppet »

nahhh
we were worse than that
norvern muppet wrote:moving on
next block
i do fancy the dull italians
wish i had followed what i said back then :roll:

camelot70
Red & Blue Braces

Post by camelot70 »

Attention M Hulots Holiday players. The prize will go to the best goal scoring squad in the final 7 matches. All will be on ZERO from now onwards.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

With my three non-draft teams performing mediocrely (is that a word?) my focus has been on the Tournaments. At the start, I'd figured the easiest way to money was to enter the £2 and £5 tournaments, as more serious players would pile in for the £10 ones. So entered all three of my teams in both the £2 and £5 tournaments, six entries in all. One went out at the group stage, but (despite missing the deadline for the wildcard :roll: ) the other 5 are all through to the quarter finals, I have 8 transfers left for each.

Anyone else playing these - and does 8 transfers left at this stage sound good, bad or indifferent?

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

LAMPS27 wrote:Really need ENG and SPA to concede tonight two clean sheets will ruin all of BEL/WAL work for me.
That helps!

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

Hogmeister wrote:
Anyone else playing these - and does 8 transfers left at this stage sound good, bad or indifferent?
Sorry I didn't enter these but I have 5 left and feel ok (only if BEL qualify!) utterly shafted if they go out to Wales.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

LAMPS27 wrote:
Hogmeister wrote:
Sorry I didn't enter these but I have 5 left and feel ok (only if BEL qualify!) utterly shafted if they go out to Wales.
They are quite good wish I'd done more,went for the bigger money, 1 ten pound out at the group stage, the other 2 through, one 126-124 so used a lot of transfers to make it! Think you need 5-10 to survive.
5 pound one 135-79 with 8 left my best hope.

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

I wonder if I'm alone but I have enjoyed this fantasy Euro's game far less than I thought I would and way less than the TFF World Cup game - same with Champions League - I think these games with mid game transfer amnesties and extra transfers takes to much fun away - less luck involved in picking when to transfer and who going far - along with much less chance to catch up if you fall behind as so many people see the same things who's on fire and what teams based on fixtures to bring in block defenders off - makes it a bit of a precession. I have to say I am giving serious thought to not playing such games going forward as I'm paying for something I enjoy way less with the new formats - I prefer a game with a set amount of transfers for the whole thing - you choose when to use them and budget them but that's it - no reloads etc.

The Bear
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Would be alot better but for Andy L & E !

Post by The Bear »

bluelionman wrote:I wonder if I'm alone but I have enjoyed this fantasy Euro's game far less than I thought I would and way less than the TFF World Cup game - same with Champions League - I think these games with mid game transfer amnesties and extra transfers takes to much fun away - less luck involved in picking when to transfer and who going far - along with much less chance to catch up if you fall behind as so many people see the same things who's on fire and what teams based on fixtures to bring in block defenders off - makes it a bit of a precession. I have to say I am giving serious thought to not playing such games going forward as I'm paying for something I enjoy way less with the new formats - I prefer a game with a set amount of transfers for the whole thing - you choose when to use them and budget them but that's it - no reloads etc.
Totally agree - mid game transfers and effectively splitting to competition into 2 doesnt appeal to me at all and from talking to my friends who play casually they decided it wasnt even a go at the start ! I dont know what market research Telegraph are doing that convinces them this is the way people want there game to go but i think they will gradually lose all their casual players because playing is too time consuming.

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

I'm not to fussed individually and will just adapt to the rules but agree that this must be putting the casual player off.
1. Need to be free 2pm and 5pm.
2. Excessive transfers 57 in total!
3. Game split in two (but still no prize for the group stage)(at least it was unlimited and not 11 like cl)
4.Only way to do well is block swap (albeit helped by the amount of clean sheets but even with fewer this still would have probably been the way now defenders get 7 points)

I assume the primary reason for the move this way is an assumption that the more the site is used the more people will use Coral?

camelot70
Red & Blue Braces

Post by camelot70 »

as a Chairman in the Euro comp, really a little light relief before the resumption of the Prem in August, I can award modest cash prizes from my funds as I wish, and can also control the entries. Normally this is a maximum of 2 teams per player. It is immaterial whether the teams are public or private. We had 3 prizes for the group stages and the action for the remaining matches begins with Portugal and Poland tomorrow.
I have been thinking what Tele Towers will coming up with for the new season. 38 transfers I think should be available . I per the number of games to be used with a weekly max of 4. I hope they continue the Tournaments. It is not too difficult to avoid the Coral trap, but my £10 effort came in last. Not much joy in Sam D's event either !

This little post is really to warn you that 8001302 aka LA DOLCE VITA I Gotta Horse will be back soon. In the meantime M Hulots Holiday will be watching the goal scoring action for the 7 final games. Enjoy the action.

mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mike_d99 »

robot wrote:
I assume the primary reason for the move this way is an assumption that the more the site is used the more people will use Coral?
If that f***ing betting pop-up appears every time I go to my summary screen next season then I'm done with the competition. There's advertising and there's taking the piss. Bad enough when you enter your teams. Would you like to bet? No. Are you sure you wouldn't like to bet? Absolutely sick of having betting forced down my throat with practically every mouse click.

Can't even get round it by opening different team screens in multiple windows as the site doesn't work properly - as soon as you hit make transfers all your teams change to the first one you opened.

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

A bit too moneyball and too little money's tight for my liking tbh - tilted far too much in favour of large multi entrants expert in spread betting when it should be more about player knowledge.

Matt70
Treebeard

Post by Matt70 »

Apart from Blocks the other way to pick up points is to pick the players involved in a penalty shoot out. Polish and swiss players scored high because of the Penalty shoot out. Which Q/F most likely to go to penalties?

norvern muppet
FISO Knight
FS Record: never done nowt

Post by norvern muppet »

mike_d99 wrote:
robot wrote:
If that f***ing betting pop-up appears every time I go to my summary screen next season then I'm done with the competition.
Would you like to bet? No. Are you sure you wouldn't like to bet? Absolutely sick of having betting forced down my throat with practically every mouse click.
+1
they'd better take that off next season
if i want to bet, which i dont on football, then the last place i would ever go is thrown-down-your-throat-coral

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

bluelionman wrote:I wonder if I'm alone but I have enjoyed this fantasy Euro's game far less than I thought I would and way less than the TFF World Cup game - same with Champions League - I think these games with mid game transfer amnesties and extra transfers takes to much fun away - less luck involved in picking when to transfer and who going far - along with much less chance to catch up if you fall behind as so many people see the same things who's on fire and what teams based on fixtures to bring in block defenders off - makes it a bit of a precession. I have to say I am giving serious thought to not playing such games going forward as I'm paying for something I enjoy way less with the new formats - I prefer a game with a set amount of transfers for the whole thing - you choose when to use them and budget them but that's it - no reloads etc.
You are not alone.

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

Matt70 wrote:Apart from Blocks the other way to pick up points is to pick the players involved in a penalty shoot out. Polish and swiss players scored high because of the Penalty shoot out. Which Q/F most likely to go to penalties?
It depends really, I had Poland in the shootout the keeper saved none and I had the back 4 of which only 1 took a pen!

It's good to save those who have attackers who blanked in the game but then got a penalty goal Lewandowksi/Milik etc - I tend to hate penalties because the norm is to pick attackers in a 3-4-3 so they are likely to take a pen and score. With my strategy of 5-3-2 most of my guys won't get a penalty.

But to answer which games could go to pens; POR-POL is the only 1 i think has a decent live chance.

POL generally don't concede and POR haven't won a game in 90 minutes in 4 attempts!

sarllm
Wideboy

Post by sarllm »

Germany v Italy has to be a good chance of penalties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

Those with Ronaldo/Lewandowski or players featuring tonight. If they go out it makes sense to swap in someone with extra games, the problem is predicting how many games you will get from that trf.

ie. POL go out - Those with Lewandowksi - what will you do? Gamble on say Luakku tomorrow and hope they qualify? If they don't then it's been a really wasted transfer.

I think POR, BEL, GER, FRA will qualify with BEL/FRA the "easiest" games to predict. The problem is gambling on these players not only to win this round but then in the semi's where it's going to be really hard to call the outcomes.

As someone with low transfers remaining (5) and a line up of players from;

1x POR
1 x FRA
2 x WAL
7 x BEL

I'm not sure I'm keen on using my trf to change either the BEL players or WAL players because who do you put in? FRA look the best candidate but would you really want them in a game v ITA/GER as they could be out and then no transfers left to cover.

This is my strategic concern at the moment, once players go out how to react? Save the transfers to get as many in the final or gamble for the last QTRS ie GER/ITA/FRA players once BEL/WAL go out and hope they win their semi?

Anyone have similar issues due to low transfers/players playing against each other etc?

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

Yes 5 transfers too. I don't have any French players so will feed some in for the last QF. Even though I'm keen on Germany and like them to win it, France could tonk Iceland by four or five so can't ignore the game.

You're so far in the tank for Belgium that maybe you should wait until the Wales game is over, check your position on the leader board and then re-evaluate. Vermaelen in suspended. Is he one of your 7?

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

7lb claimer wrote:Yes 5 transfers too. I don't have any French players so will feed some in for the last QF. Even though I'm keen on Germany and like them to win it, France could tonk Iceland by four or five so can't ignore the game.

You're so far in the tank for Belgium that maybe you should wait until the Wales game is over, check your position on the leader board and then re-evaluate. Vermaelen in suspended. Is he one of your 7?
Can't disagree with any of that.

Yeah Vermaelen is, also Vertongan who is now a doubt due to an ankle injury :roll:

After the BEL-WAL game I hope it's WAL who are out then I can maybe gamble on 2 French then? but that would leave with 3 FRA and 3 trf left. With a POR player tonight as well and no reason to add more BEL players I think you're right the best move is to hold off until BEL-WAL game.

The risk with using Tfrs after the BEL-WAL game is that say best case BEL get through but they lose to POR/POL in the semi that's 7 players gone for the final, i don't want to save all the transfers for the final just to field players but at the same time the risk of none if FRA go out and so do BEL before the final that could potentially be 9 of my 11 players if I make the move after BEL-WAL game to add 2 FRA players.

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

Vertonghen has been ruled out for 4 months and therefore the rest of the tournamant according to shoutSHITE.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “International Telegraph Fantasy Football Games”