To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DRAFT WORLD CUP GAME USING TFF

A Fantasy Football forum for news on World Cup (TFFWC), European Championships (TFFEC) and Champions League, Europe (TFFE) Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph.
robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Re: DRAFT WORLD CUP GAME USING TFF

Post by robot »

Transfers left

Robot 1
Nathan 2
Dude abides2
Thebillfella 2
Rinky 3

Blah blah 3

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Intention to transfer

Lukaka :arrow: Kuyt

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Intention to transfer

Pogba to kuyt
Debuchy to wijnaldum

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

thebillfella wrote:Intention to transfer

Pogba to kuyt
Debuchy to wijnaldum
I guess just the latter then!

Debuchy to Wijnaldum done
Last edited by thebillfella on 05 Jul 2014, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

thebillfella wrote:
thebillfella wrote:Intention to transfer

Pogba to kuyt
Debuchy to wijnaldum
I guess just the latter then!
You couldn't of done it anyway like that he's down as a striker :wink:

I came to the conclusion the only way to beat Nathan is to go all or nothing on one team and needed to get in early,thought Depay would play so did him earlier,kuyt seems as good an option as what's left from the other 4 teams.

thebillfella
FISO Knight

Post by thebillfella »

robot wrote: You couldn't of done it anyway like that he's down as a striker :wink:
I knew that of course!

nathan247
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2010 World Cup Egg cup Champion

Post by nathan247 »

Valbuena and neymar out
Huntelaar and Maicon in

the dude abides
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Renault Clio Sport Winner 2010/11

Post by the dude abides »

Notice to transfer De Bruyne :arrow: Bernard

Edit; Done..... That's my three done.

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

the dude abides wrote:Notice to transfer De Bruyne :arrow: Bernard

Edit; Done..... That's my three done.
Good job your honest :)

Thebillfella 1 left
Rinky 3 left
BlahBlah 3 left

So Blah is all out (unless he returns to try and avoid the wooden spoon) :wink:
Streety only has Messi and Muller which me and Nathan also have.
Sted has Muller and a non starter.
Robroy hangs on with Rvp and Vlaar

The rest of us range from 6 left to a full team (if rinky uses his transfers on what's left)

the dude abides
Grumpy Old Man

Draft Diary QF 3 Argentina 1 - 0 Belguim

Argentina are doing their best to upset the neighbours in Brazil. Again they done enough when it mattered, and the so called Golden generation of Belguim were dissapointing, and lacked any creatitvity and spark. Home you go Hazard, you were pants !!
The Messi club, in our league were treated to another display of fine skills, and a performance that has dragged his team into a place into the Semi- Finals.
Only Sted, Blahblah, and Robroy don't have him, so fantasy football wise , it's no big deal, but he really has performed well on the big stage.
thebillfellas Higuain finally delivered up a goal, and it was a splendid effort to end his poor run of six International games without a goal.
Workie-Ticket wouldn't be surprised , when we saw Di Maria taken off in the first half. he was playing well, but he then got a text to say that he is in Workies team, and so he had to get injured to carry on the luck that has carried right through this Draft.... Unbelievable.
My faith in the waffle eaters was proved to be a bad choice. The whole defence looked a bit lost, the midfield were woefull, and up front they were toothless. (Unlike Suarez)
Mourinho may have a point about Hazard not being a team player. He looked out of sorts, and when Wilmots, who manages Belguim in this sort of "David Brent" style , pulled him off for Chadli, he didn't look that bothered.
Plan A went out of the window in the second half, and Belguim resorted to lumping it up to Fellaini, who proceeded to lose the ball at the first touch, time after time.
Rinky in theory actually had 6 Argies playing , but suspension, and rest , meant that only Messi, and Zabaletta played.
Striker, and Workie-Ticket both made astute changes, and bought in Demichellis, and Basanta.
My man Lavezzi was dragged off again after another tepid performance.
The League looks like it is now a two horse race. nathans Germans are the key, if they beat Brazil , it's probably his, but Robot has the points on the board, so it could be close to the end.

the dude abides
Grumpy Old Man

Draft Diary QF4 Netherlands 0 - 0 Costa Rica ( Holland win 4-3 on Pens)

Steds brave heroes are out, but at least they gave it everything they had, unlike Steds earlier crazy ,but patriotic choice of picking England players :lol: .
Somehow the Dutch had enough in the tank to put away the penalties with plenty of style, and for the first time ,Navas looked beatable.
Los Ticos were organized, full of energy, and gave it 100%, but the dream is over for them, and no doubt they go back home to a glorious reception, and respect from the rest of the Football Community.
SE had Sniejder twice hit the woodwork, and he looked like the one to break down the strong Costa Rican defence. Streetys Diaz was blocking everything, and could have been sent off for a couple of dodgy challenges.
Robots man Robben continued to threaten, and never looked tired. Robot has put all his eggs into the Dutch front line, Depay, and Kuyt, that will either make him, or break him in the next game, but at least he has men progressing.
thebillfella made a cheeky move on the Dutch back line, and could move up the league considerably next week, if they beat Brazil.
You have to feel for the Costa Ricans, they rarely troubled the Dutch,but they never gave up, and in keeper Keylor Navas, they have a world class stopper. I have him in the McDonalds game , and i think he got me about 100 points . :lol:
But really the talking point of this game, is the size of Louis van Gaals "balls". They must be massive to do what he did.
Rinkys keeper Cillessen had done nothing wrong , and yet van Gaal took him off in the last minute of extra time to be replaced with Tim "i can put you off " Krul.
The history books will show Louis van Gaal made a good tactical choice, as he stopped Brian Ruiz , and Michael Umanas spot kicks, but he took gamesmanship to another level.
I think he should have been yellow carded , and told to stop the chat which was a bit intimidating, but i suppose the mind games worked, and in a few days time , Netherlands will have a chance to play in another World Cup Final.

So four big teams left, the form book not far wrong, but how will Brazil be without both their captain Silva, and the posterboy Neymar ? Maybe Fred will shrug off the fact that he has looked more likely to get a parking ticket, than score. I'm hoping Scolari will play Bernard who is a Brazilian crowd pleaser. We will see.
Ze Germans have got to their fourth consecutive Semi - Finals, and they have 4 quality centre backs protecting the best keeper, come sweeper in Brazil by a mile.
For the Brazilians , the only, thing worse than losing ,would be Argentina winning. With Lionel Messi they have a genius who can change a game in a flash, but it looks like Di Maria could be out, and he is vital cog in their machine.
The Dutch have had lots of chances to score bucketloads of goals, but they just haven't converted them since hammering the Spanish.
I still fancy Brazil to somehow sqeak through, and set up a thriller with Argentina, with Messi getting the winner, thus starting a string of riots , and civil unrest , and the ITV studio on Copacabana beach coming under attack from the "hoodies" from the local Favela..... 8-)

thebillfella
FISO Knight

Post by thebillfella »

Intention to transfer:

Pogba to Khedira

Very few if any starters still available. Final transfer for appearance points - done :|

Secretly hoping Pig Farmer alongside may allow the odd break forward.

rinky
FISOhead
FS Record: jan 09 sdt mom feb 13 tff mow feb 13 mirror mom 17-18 tff golden goal winner

Post by rinky »

Benzama dante

Edit done

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

thebillfella wrote:Intention to transfer:

Pogba to Khedira

Very few if any starters still available. Final transfer for appearance points - done :|

Secretly hoping Pig Farmer alongside may allow the odd break forward.
Wouldn't Bernard have been a better bet to break forward?

But perhaps some other desperate soul already has him? :wink:

thebillfella
FISO Knight

Post by thebillfella »

To be honest Striker, I'm quite satisified how that has panned out thus far 8-) :D

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

thebillfella wrote:To be honest Striker, I'm quite satisified how that has panned out thus far 8-) :D
:oops:

:lol:

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Following on my great success with expensive Spanish defenders in this game, I thnk that I've just trumped that triumph with my two Brazilian defenders. :wink:

the dude abides
Grumpy Old Man

Draft Diary Semi Final 1

Germany 7 - 1 Norwich Reserves ( Brazil )

Brazils dreams end in total humiliation, as "Die Mannschaft" give them the ultimate football lesson.
It started well enough, the Brazilians won the National Anthem contest 1-0, but it all went Pete Tong after that.
Robot, Nathan, and Streety all had Muller, and he got the ball rolling from a Tony Kroos corner.
thebillfellla made a couple of good picks in both Kroos, and Kheidra, and between them they caused havoc.
Brazil had a nightmare 6 minutes where they conceded 4 goals.
Klose,Workie-Ticket, scored a World Cup record breaking goal, and then, Kroos (2) ,and Kheidra cut through the Brazilian defence like a knife through butter, and at times it was painful too see.
Ze Germans were awesome, and even made changes early in the second half , to rest players for the Final.
Schurrle come on for Klose and the German machine stayed in clinical mode, and Schurrle gave Striker a brace to move him up the table.
Mine ,and SE's man Oscar still managed to screw up Nathans triple clean sheet points though, mainly thanks to Ozil missing in the last minute, and a rare lapse, in the German defence after a hoof upfield gave Oscar a chance to get a consalation goal.
By the time of the final whistle , the tearful Brazilians were actually cheering the Germans.
How they get over this i don't know ?
Before the World Cup begun, they talked of banishing the memory of "The Maracanazo", well they have done that for sure. That defeat in 1950 will no longer be Brazils blackest day in football.
On Sky News , earlier in the day , they showed the street sellers making a fortune flogging David Luiz wigs. After this debacle, i reckon the Brazilian version of Del Boy is well and truly shafted, and will be stuck with a surplus of dodgy Yellow/Green wigs. :lol:
Not since watching Brokeback Mountain with my teenage son, have i felt so embarrassed over a Semi... :lol: :lol:
It was like a car crash at times, and i now know why poor little Neymars back gave up. He just couldn't bear the weight of his ten team-mates anymore.
Fred got the flak from the crowd, he was again like a cross between Bentdner/Torres , with a bit of Welbeck chucked in for good measure.
My pick of Bernard was crap, and the only good Brazilian defender was my one off D. Alves, and he was on the bench. :oops:
Draft league wise, it looks like a two horse race between Robot, and Nathan247. I'm only going in one direction now, and it ain't up. thebillfella can cause them both problems if his new signings have a good final.
Tonight we have the Argentina -Netherlands game , which could make the picture a little clearer, but of course the 3rd/4th place playoff game could cause a few upsets.

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

Oscar may have just kept me in it :D tonight we have between the top three:

Depay/Kuyt/robben up against

Huntelaar/Blind

De Vrig/Martins Indi/Widjaldem/Higuain

going to be a close finish.

rinky
FISOhead
FS Record: jan 09 sdt mom feb 13 tff mow feb 13 mirror mom 17-18 tff golden goal winner

Post by rinky »

Hazaerd dante out
Biglia palacio in

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

All transfers done (unless blah blah appears) 30 dutch/argentine players between us only Perez/De jong in the starting line ups not in the 30.

the dude abides
Grumpy Old Man

Draft Diary Semi Final 2

Argentina 0 - 0 Netherlands ( Argentina win 4-2 on penalties )

In a total opposite to the Germany/Brazil game, this was a dour, tedious affair.
Holland took over 90 mins to have a shot on target. Robots player of the tournament Robben was very quiet, and 035Robroys Van Persie must have thought he was still playing for Moyes. He was dreadful, and was subbed off before this dire game went to penalties.
My guys Mashcerano , and keeper Romero were probably the best players on the pitch , except maybe Vlaar , who was unregonisible from the guy Villa fans see every week.
Messi was out of the game for long periods, but once the game went to penalties, he stood firm ,and gave them the perfect start.
Apparently some of the Dutch guys went missing, and didn't want to take a spot kick under the pressure.
Vlaar was brave , but his effort was saved by Romero. Sneijders attempt was also saved , so it was the Argies who face Germany in their first Final since 1990.
Rinky was probably the biggest gainer in the draft league, and he now has 8 Argentinians in the Final.

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

thebillfella
FISO Knight

Post by thebillfella »

thebillfella wrote: Predicted Starting XI Table

Nathan247 6/1 fav 8-)
Robot 7/1 8-)
Thebillfella 8/1 :oops:
Thedudeabides 9/1 :)
Rinky 12/1 :)
Striker 13/1 :)
streety 14/1 :|
SE 18/1 :)
Sted 18/1 8-)
Blahblah 18/1 8-)
Robroy 20/1 :)
workie-ticket 20/1 8-)
Wasn't too far out after all 8-)

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

Edit didn't see your post before doing this :roll:
Impressive stuff thebillfella apart from you and workie nearly spot on.
thebillfella wrote:Predicted Starting XI Table[/u]

Nathan247 6/1 Current actual 2nd
Robot 7/1 1st
Thebillfella 8/1 9th
Thedudeabides 9/1 3rd
Rinky 12/1 4th
Striker 13/1 6th
streety 14/1 5th
SE 18/1 8th
Sted 18/1 11th
Blahblah 18/1 11th
Robroy 20/1 10th
workie-ticket 20/1 7th

[/b]

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

So going into the last 2 games I've got 6 potential starters on Saturday against nathan's 4 but then I'm all out of differentials and it's down to what Hummels/Lahm/Neuer do on Sunday,with thebillfela still in with a shout it's going to be a close finish.

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

So to overtake me Neuer/Hummels/Lahn need to score more than 9 or Boateng/Kroos/Khedira/Ozil/Higuain need to score 26 more than Muller and 18 more than Neuer/Hummels/Lahm/Muller.

the dude abides
Grumpy Old Man

Draft Diary 3rd/4th place play off

Brazil 0 - 3 Netherlands

Another nightmare for the Brazilians, but they only lost by three. Brazil are now members of an exclusive club of only three teams to let in more than twelve goals at a World Cup. The other two , are North Korea , and Saudi Arabia. :oops:
The Draft League looks a straight shootout between Robot , and Nathan. Robots gambles of Kuyt, and Depay never really performed, and it all comes down to the Final game.
thebillfella has finished strongly, and points from this game won't hurt his chances.
Wijnalaum, Martins - Indi, and De Vrij all performed well for him.
035Robroys RVP took his penalty well in only the 3rd minute, and when Blind Nathan247 added after David Luiz made a poor clearance, it looked like it could be another massacre.
SE had a chance with 4 Brazilians, but none of them made much impact.
I had a few Brazilians in my cab today, and they told me that in a unofficial poll in Brazilia, Fred has been rated the worst Brazilian since David Blunkett shaved his wife's funny. :lol: :lol: ( I made that bit up , it may have been Rio, not Brazilia )
Luiz Felipe Scolari was booed loudly, and you have to feel for the people, to concede 10 goals in two games must hurt, when they expected so much.
Looking forward to the Final tonight, i hope you have enjoyed my light hearted attempts , to put a bit of humour in my daily reports, but if you haven't , Jog on..... 8-) . You only have one more match to put up with me.
Good luck tonight to the three in with a chance.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “International Telegraph Fantasy Football Games”