To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Job Vacancy (Forum to be Locked If Not Filled)

A forum for historic posts on the Poll Team (La Republica del FISO) created by some of the users of the PremierLeague.com Forum.
Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

Job Vacancy (Forum to be Locked If Not Filled)

Post by Flyman »

La Republica del FISO Needs YOU!

Buried deep withing the Constitution of La Republica del FISO (viva!) is a little known clause prohibiting the incumbant Club Administrator from holding that role for more than one season at a time (Chapter 38; Clause 1848: Section 389/J; para: 2).

In consequence, with great pride in our achievements and just a little sadness, I must hereby step down from my role in the La Republica Boardroom following tomorrow's games.

My last administrative function at the club will be to hand over the Boadroom keys, including those of the liquour cabinet, to my successor, upon his appointment.

Anyone prepared to administrate La Republica del FISO through the entire 2007/2008 season is hereby invited to declare their interest below. Joint applications are welcome (perhaps recommended!) if board members wish to spread the duties between them.
In the event of more than one applicant stepping forth a poll will be constructed to decide the issue. :wink:

Finally, I would like to thank everyone who contributed in any way to the running of this game and to the fun we have had with it.

Special thanks must go to Chris King, FISO Admin, for giving us the space to play in the first place and for his repeated endevours under the guise of Mrs. Christina McQueen, our steadfast Cleaning Lady, who has tidied up the Boardroom most diligently throughout the season.

Also, I'm sure all fellow members will gladly be upstanding in their recognition of the extra efforts made by reds363 at various times when I was unable to execute your instructions myself.

Members of La Republica del FISO: I salute you all!

VIVA LA PUB!

Stick
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Completely private

Post by Stick »

To Flyman!!

flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Post by flyingkillercob »

All hail Flyman! :D

grob
Dumbledore

Re: Job Vacancy

Post by grob »

Flyman wrote:La Republica del FISO Needs YOU!

Buried deep withing the Constitution of La Republica del FISO (viva!) is a little known clause prohibiting the incumbant Club Administrator from holding that role for more than one season at a time (Chapter 38; Clause 1848: Section 389/J; para: 2).

In consequence, with great pride in our achievements and just a little sadness, I must hereby step down from my role in the La Republica Boardroom following tomorrow's games.
It must have come as a major shock to you Flyman,when you stumbled across this clause during your weekly routine scrutiny of the Club Constitution, which if I remember correctly, from scrutinising it carefully when you invited me to join La Pub,in January I think,was originally drawn up in the year 1680.

I can imagine the despair you must have felt,and no wonder you were a trifle late in posting this week's poll, as no doubt you were completely sozzled after downing a bottle or two of those 300 year old vintage ports.

Perfectly understandable,Old Chap, - they had to be drunk one day anyway, and your lips are as good as anyone's for the contents to pass through.

However, despair not, as there is a simple remedy available, if not for your hangover, then certainly for the Constitutional crisis to which you refer.

All that you need do,is to convene an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Club,in your own time of course,to approve the Amendment of said Constitution - (about time too,after over 300 years without anyone noticing this ridiculous rule),to remove the offending clause and replace it with one which debars the present incumbant from being allowed to resign from office. Ever.

Thus,you'll be able to continue in office not only for the 2007/2008 season, but for the next 300 years - at least.

To ensure that a quorum is present,members could perhaps be promised 1 bottle each of aforementioned 300 year port,to be consumed on the day

If this offer failed to entice sufficient members to ensure a quorum,then we'd have to consider arranging a postal ballot.

Since all of the present active members of La Pub recognise that without your direction,not only of the weekly polls,but through your efforts to replace those former members who fell by the wayside, with fresh new faces like STICK and others who've recently joined,there is unlikely to be a La Republica del Fiso team next season, the voting for such an amendment to our Constitution is bound to be unanimous(hic).

I know I speak for all of the members of La Republic del Fiso in asking you to take your time in considering this suggestion,and hopefully then decide to continue your good work,which brings so much pleasure to so many.....on the beaches,we will fight them ! (and give some thought to your pension rights man !)

sligorover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sligorover »

This is a sad day but happy fishing flyman

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Well, folks, if no one want's to pick up the torch and run with it I suggest that we wind the club down and notify Admin that La Republica del FISO can be locked/de-privatised and archived.

All in favour say "Aye!"

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Aye,and thanks flyman for all your efforts to keep us on the ball.

I must admit I thought when you invited me to join La Pub,that it was for life,"not just for Christmas",or a little longer !

You'll be able to go to bed early next season,now you don't have to wait up 'til midnight to close the polls !

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

grob wrote:Aye,and thanks flyman for all your efforts to keep us on the ball.

I must admit I thought when you invited me to join La Pub,that it was for life,"not just for Christmas",or a little longer !

You'll be able to go to bed early next season,now you don't have to wait up 'til midnight to close the polls !
Yeah, I must admit that, mid-to-late season, the admin did become a little tiresome. Also, I expect to sell my house and move (still in the Hebrides) some time this year, so I'll be without an internet connection for an unforeseeable period at an unforeseeable time.

I'm sure, though, grob, that La Pubby (Viva!) will stay in your heart for ever! :wink:

M-boy
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 94th 07/08

Post by M-boy »

Flyman wrote:
grob wrote:Aye,and thanks flyman for all your efforts to keep us on the ball.

Yeah, I must admit that, mid-to-late season, the admin did become a little tiresome. Also, I expect to sell my house and move (still in the Hebrides) some time this year, so I'll be without an internet connection for an unforeseeable period at an unforeseeable time.

I'm sure, though, grob, that La Pubby (Viva!) will stay in your heart for ever! :wink:
Flyman, I'm sorry I haven't been involved in this latterly as much as I should have. I really didn't expect life to take over but it has. Is it not though, a bit early to give up on La Pubby? Maybe there's still time for someone to step into the breach before the new season?

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Flyman wrote: Yeah, I must admit that, mid-to-late season, the admin did become a little tiresome. Also, I expect to sell my house and move (still in the Hebrides) some time this year, so I'll be without an internet connection for an unforeseeable period at an unforeseeable time.

ah,I see. You live in a HOUSE ? For some reason I cannot explain,the only type of house I would have thought you likely to live in,would have been either a LIGHTHOUSE,or a TREEHOUSE ! :lol:

Yes,La Pubby will always be with me,provide we all receive suitable medallions to remind us where our first loyalties should always lie !

Maybe M-Boy's got a point - perhaps in due course(it's a long time 'til the start of next season)someone will emerge from hibernation,seeking a peg to hang their hat on - e.g.Tom Nash might fancy the job of Director General ?

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Yes, fair point. I'll hold off the mothballs for a while and see what the wind blows through the Boardroom doors. :)

It was fun at times, wasn't it. :wink:

viddleodge
sir goatus australis
FS Record: now 2nd highest ever weekly score at Goalsneak.com.au

Post by viddleodge »

sure was.
and thanks to la pubby keeping wicket so well for 'rest of the world'.
once we got going they kicked on to the next level of test victories. :)

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Unless the Job Vacancy is filled by next week then this forum will be locked down.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

admin wrote:Unless the Job Vacancy is filled by next week then this forum will be locked down.
Lock down approaches.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Admin: On behalf of the membership of La Republica del FISO I should like to extend to you our thanks and our gratitude for all of your help in the establishment and maintainance of La Pub during the 06/07 season.

Here's hoping we find a wealthy Russian benefactor to bail the club out of its present financial difficulties and take us forward into 2008/09!

Many thanks from all at La Pubby!

uppompei
Red & Blue Braces

Post by uppompei »

I would love to help but have just not got the time, Pompeii have a tough start to the season.

Good luck for a late replacement!!

Although with a week headstart I think we are doomed!! (just like Bolton!)

MD

dandg
FISOhead

Post by dandg »

still could do a cup team?

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

dandg wrote:still could do a cup team?
That's a nice idea .... Could be a 'short term contract'. :lol:

New team every week .... :P :D :D