To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Official Wildcard Poll!

A forum for historic posts on the Poll Team (La Republica del FISO) created by some of the users of the PremierLeague.com Forum.

Which Team Do You Prefer?

Poll ended at 14 Apr 2007, 11:04

sligorover's
35%
reds363's
24%
Flyman's
41%

Total votes: 17

Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

Post by Flyman »

Morning Pubbies! :D
Wildcard time is nigh!

Below are the proposed new squads.
Above is the poll.

Please vote for the team you think most likely to propell us highest up the table.

Poll ends Midnight on Friday.
Last edited by Flyman on 12 Apr 2007, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Option 1: sligorover's Proposal

Starting 11
Kenny

Clichy
Carragher
Ball

Gerrard (captain)
Gilberto
Ronaldo
Mascherano
Noble

Adebayor
Tevez

Subs
Hahnemann
Onuocha
Drogba
Young (CHA)

10 doublers - 2 playing keepers - Cheap playing subs

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Option 2: reds363's Proposal.

Only 7 doublers for this week I know, but it's a team with the next five gameweeks in mind. And it's the quality, not quantity, of doublers that matters. :wink:

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Option 3: Flyman's Proposal.

My proposed bench would be:
Crossley: Drogba, Lucketti, Mokoena. (Bench open to debate)

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

FWIW my proposed bench would be Crossley, McCulloch, Drogba, Lucketti in that order, but it would of course be up for debate (particularly against Carvy and Ingi).
Skipper would also be up for debate/vote (I'd say between Gerrard and any of the three ARS players).

And my squad actually has 8 doublers not seven (my mistake - when I changed my cheap def to Lucketti I forgot he also has a double this week).

Stick
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Completely private

Post by Stick »

toss up between sligs and flymans (sorry reds) but plumed for sligs.

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

Since Gerrard is in all three proposed squads, and he is reasonably close to rising, can I suggest we press the button today and at least get him in before tonight just in case. Saving that 0.1 could be useful one day (in particular this Saturday if Sligorover's proposal wins).

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Surely it would make sense to do so in respect not only of Gerrard,but where practical,any other players common to each of the 3 proposals,not already in our squad(e.g.Noble) ?

So many will be using their WC this week, that we're likely to see late abnormal transfer activity levels in the next couple of days,I would expect, especially in the obvious 2x GW choices.

You could even use that 0.1 reds363,to upgrade Crossley(3.4) to Federici(3.5),so that if Hahnemann's injured, we'd save 4pts bringing in another GK,assuming we'll use our Frees ? Think of it as an insurance premium !

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

grob wrote:You could even use that 0.1 reds363,to upgrade Crossley(3.4) to Federici(3.5),so that if Hahnemann's injured, we'd save 4pts bringing in another GK,assuming we'll use our Frees ? Think of it as an insurance premium !
Afraid we couldn't grob, Sligo's proposal is right on our budget limit as it stands, BEFORE Gerrard's impending price rise.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

reds363 wrote: Afraid we couldn't grob, Sligo's proposal is right on our budget limit as it stands, BEFORE Gerrard's impending price rise.
I was actually agreeing with your proposal that we buy GERRARD immediately,NOW,THIS EVENING,reds363,partly because Sligo's proposal leaves no margin for a GERRARD price increase,which seems likely TONIGHT even,but also because where all 3 proposals incorporate an identical new purchase it makes sense,as a little juggling should ensure that the players sold to accommodate the new arrivals are those not retained in any of the 3 proposals: e.g.FABREGAS,ARTETA,IRELAND,YOUNG(AVL),TAYLOR(MID), LESCOTT, SHOREY, MPENZA

Apart from GERRARD and NOBLE,at a quick glance I can only see GILBERTO as also being a recommended buy in all 3 proposals,so why not buy all 3 now,at the expense of players not included in any of the plans ? We're going to do so anyway,aren't we,so why wait was my thought, and at least install the players you're all agreed about ?

As to my second goalie suggestion, this only applied if your proposal or Flyman's was the one chosen as you both included CROSSLEY,and both had cash left to cover the 0.1 upgrade,but it's no big deal :wink: !

I'm going out now,and will probably not cast my vote until tomorrow,so I'm open to bribery in the meantime,by all 3 candidates ! :D

flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Post by flyingkillercob »

Yes, get Gerrard in TONIGHT. This WC thing had me confused, as I'm new to FPL and didn't realise that once I had played the WC, I could still muck around with my team for the rest of the week :oops:

Btw, I voted for Flyman's proposal, mainly because my suggestion about Zamora was included!

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

I have no problem moving in the 'universal' players. :D

I shall do the following changes now: Fabregas -> Gerrard, Arteta -> Noble, Young -> Gilberto.

Transfers now done.
The Wildcard IS GO! :P

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Flyman wrote:The Wildcard IS GO! :P
In case anyone was wondering, it was me that voted against it. I'd rather save it for GW37 but there you go. :)

sligorover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sligorover »

grob wrote: I'm going out now,and will probably not cast my vote until tomorrow,so I'm open to bribery in the meantime,by all 3 candidates ! :D
May i say, you look lovely in that dress :lol:

sligorover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sligorover »

Flyman wrote:The Wildcard IS GO! :P
Great to see democracy in full swing !

Viva la Pub !

viddleodge
sir goatus australis
FS Record: now 2nd highest ever weekly score at Goalsneak.com.au

Post by viddleodge »

i've looked carefully at the 3 proposals and think they'll all score about 100 pts.
perhaps a tweaking of flyman's plan with ball instead of sun, s quinn instead of mokoena, and stead instead of zamora?

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

viddleodge wrote:i've looked carefully at the 3 proposals and think they'll all score about 100 pts.
perhaps a tweaking of flyman's plan with ball instead of sun, s quinn instead of mokoena, and stead instead of zamora?
Sorry, viddle, but that isn't possible. Now that the final poll is underway and members have voted for the teams they see above they must stay as is.

Stead. :roll:

:wink:

Krispy
Grumpy Bald Man

Post by Krispy »

Flyman's WC as it is the strongest defensively - 2xLiverpool could having scoring highly this week :D

I didn't realise that we'd lost McCarthy over the weekend :? . I kept him in my own team as a consistent performer, Watford and Charlton on the way plus double GW37.

I've fallen back behind La Pub and is now the bench mark to beat in a month's time :twisted:

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

sligorover wrote:
grob wrote: I'm going out now,and will probably not cast my vote until tomorrow,so I'm open to bribery in the meantime,by all 3 candidates ! :D
That's the best offer I've had so far,Sligorover; in fact,it's the ONLY offer I've had. This in itself speaks volumes for the integrity of members of La Republica,and vindicates the vigorous vetting procedures employed prior to admittance of new members. No danger of La Republica members selling their stories to the tabloids ! - though the broadsheets might have a better chance ? Think not, so incorruptible are La Republica members.

However,there's still time left for those pondering how much they can afford to spend ! It could be necessary, Sligorover, for you to reinstate your own photo in place of the existing one(too masculine for me !) In case you're wondering which of your photos I'm referring to,it's the one of you making hay or something,in a field,or country garden :lol:

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

krispdafunk wrote:Flyman's WC as it is the strongest defensively - 2xLiverpool could having scoring highly this week :D
Potentially,yes. However,either or both(Gerrard also) could be rested for one of these games by Rafa wanting to ensure his best X1 are fit for CL S-F duty v Chelsea on 25 April.

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

grob wrote:
sligorover wrote:
That's the best offer I've had so far,Sligorover; in fact,it's the ONLY offer I've had. This in itself speaks volumes for the integrity of members of La Republica,and vindicates the vigorous vetting procedures employed prior to admittance of new members. No danger of La Republica members selling their stories to the tabloids ! - though the broadsheets might have a better chance ? Think not, so incorruptible are La Republica members.

However,there's still time left for those pondering how much they can afford to spend ! It could be necessary, Sligorover, for you to reinstate your own photo in place of the existing one(too masculine for me !) In case you're wondering which of your photos I'm referring to,it's the one of you making hay or something,in a field,or country garden :lol:
and here was i wondering what colour your knickers were under that dress. :oops: :wink: :lol:

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

Flyman wrote:
viddleodge wrote:i've looked carefully at the 3 proposals and think they'll all score about 100 pts.
Sorry, viddle, but that isn't possible. Now that the final poll is underway and members have voted for the teams they see above they must stay as is.

Stead. :roll:

:wink:
of course, mr chairman. :oops:
my cheeky proposal was the equivalent of re-arranging the jams at the la republica town fete. :oops:

(yes stead! :) shhh. the spritely sprog could nab a couple of dirt cheap goals like he did a few weeks ago. sheff u have a yellowy-orange game every 2nd gw on romynpg's fixture spready. :wink: )

or, if you didn't like him, blackburn's derbyshire is 5.5 also. :wink:

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

I'm surprised you mark them all level for GW34, I'd have thought mine would be a little down since it doesn't focus so heavily on this one gameweek. So surely vote reds?! :wink:

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

there's been a bit of late movement for sligo r's team.

say, is it the collective thought that drogba won't score at west ham.
bit suprised so many seem to be benching him.
he's due to score.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

viddleodge wrote:there's been a bit of late movement for sligo r's team.

he's due to score.
His away scoring record is awful - 1 since Christmas!

Vote Flyman!

9 double gameweekers + Ronaldo & Carvy on the field!
1 2xgwer on the bench!
3 x (2xGW 37)ers ready to rock!
You know is makes sense! :D

Krispy
Grumpy Bald Man

Post by Krispy »

The strength of Sligo's WC is the inclusion of Tevez plus the gamble on 2xMCY defenders. However, it doesn't offer as much balance as the other two and I fear we could come unstuck :? Mach has already been identified as a risk - worst case scenario is a bit part performance, picking up only one point per game. A no-show puts more pressure on the bench players. Onuoha is likely to make way for Richards on his return - Physio Room eta 17th which is the second leg of the double. As mentioned before, we've also got to consider future transfers and City face Utd in GW37. The same fate awaits Wham in GW38 - just something to consider. Ideally, we'll keep transfer penalties to a minimum once we play the WC :roll:

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

Flyman wrote:
viddleodge wrote:there's been a bit of late movement for sligo r's team.

he's due to score.
His away scoring record is awful - 1 since Christmas!

Vote Flyman!

9 double gameweekers + Ronaldo & Carvy on the field!
1 2xgwer on the bench!
3 x (2xGW 37)ers ready to rock!
You know is makes sense! :D
well, since you left that brown paper bag by the gates of goat park training ground :wink: ,

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Poll over!

It was a close run thing, but my Proposal edged it by one vote!

My respects to reds363 and, especially, sligorover for the spirit in which they participated in this voting procedure.

Regardless of the fact of which proposal won I feel the whole process ran quite smoothly. If anyone would like to see any changes made to the procedure should we play again next season, please say so now while the event is fresh in our minds.

Meanwhile, I'll go and buy a new team! 8-)

sligorover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sligorover »

Drinks in the boardroom all 8-)

Viva la pub !

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

did anyone check if flyman's turned out to be the highest scoring wc team?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “La Republica del FISO Club History”