To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Official Sligorover Wildcard Proposal

A forum for historic posts on the Poll Team (La Republica del FISO) created by some of the users of the PremierLeague.com Forum.

Wildcard during GW33 for GW34

Poll ended at 11 Apr 2007, 15:29

Play
91%
Stay
9%

Total votes: 11

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Right, more points - my full squad to follow shortly:

I'm choosing Ball as my proposed MC defender, I believe his place to be most secure of the three mentioned.
I'm suggesting to keep Carvalho, CHE's defensive record of late has been IMMENSE and I definitely want him for the run-in, it will save us a transfer bringing him back later and I'd even be reasonably happy to field him this week such is his current form.

I'm fairly happy with the suggested midfield, including Noble (first-team regular recently, getting a goal and boni). I've put in McCulloch as I suggested above, despite his lack of doubles, I'd better explain why. He's a cheap player who is guaranteed to play, and he often plays up front or just off the striker. I rate him very highly, have kept him in my own team ever since GW3, and believe he could have had 150+ points if it wasn't for two unfortunate spells out due to an injury and then a suspension.

I'm going to go with McCarthy for the ease of his game this week and his double later (therefore also saving another later transfer), plus he's cheaper than Tevez and we already have Noble for WH.

Remember this is a team for five GWs, not just GW34.

Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

Post by Flyman »

Well .... I decided to offer a Counter Proposal myself:

Many are self-evident choices.
We could easily play 11 2xgwers if we chose, but may prefer not to?
I've included Mokoena because he is cheap and BR have a 2xgw to come.
Drogba & Carvalho, too, have a 2xgw in GW37, and Carvy is pretty reliable for 6 points most weeks.

Given Drogba's poor away goalscoring record I would bench him this week, but that's debatable, literally. :wink:

My proposed bench would be:
Crossley: Drogba, Lucketti, Mokoena.
Proposed Captain: Reina for 24+! :P

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Well after all that build-up, here's my official proposal:

All my reasoning is above.

Only 7 doublers for this week I know, but as I said above it's a team with the next five gameweeks in mind. And it's the quality, not quantity, of doublers that matters. :wink:

And with just the three free transfers we could get to a situation with seven doublers for GW37 as follows (although this will obviously be hugely subject to change and future debates):

Gilberto :arrow: Bentley
Gerrard :arrow: Lampard
Adebayor :arrow: Berbatov

(Quick PS to say my MC defender choice is flexible if people particularly want either Johnson/Onuoha/Sun, I don't think there's much between all four)

Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

Post by Flyman »

Thanks, reds.
I'm going to hold off posting the Proposals as Kripdafunk was giving it a crack and I think sligo deserves one last look at his squad to give us his final, unequivocal Proposal.

I'll do it tomorrow before mid-day, though anyone else is welcome to do it sooner!

sligorover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sligorover »

Good Feedback All,

I know your thinking long term Reds but i think we need more than 7 doublers for GW34. However your selection of Reina gets around the Agger/Hyppia selection policy nicely. We picked Man City defenders because they are cheap as chips and playing but maybe 3 is one too many for our nerves :lol: .

Anyways i had one last look at the squad and went with the following FINAL DRAFT

Starting 11
Kenny

Clichy
Carragher
Ball

Gerrard (captain)
Gilberto
Ronaldo
Mascherano
Noble

Adebayor
Tevez

Subs
Hahnemann
Onuocha
Drogba
Young (CHA)

10 doublers - 2 playing keepers - Cheap playing subs

Anyways I like the look of all the proposals and am glad we're playing the wildcard at last. I'm offline until late Thurs and then away for weekend.
Good luck to whatever proposal wins !

VIVA LA REPUBLICA 8-)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “La Republica del FISO Club History”