To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Gameweek 33 Transfer Debate - NO POLL NEEDED

A forum for historic posts on the Poll Team (La Republica del FISO) created by some of the users of the PremierLeague.com Forum.

Who Stays? Who Goes? You Decide

McCarthy -> Mpenza
33%
Berbatov -> Mpenza
67%

Total votes: 3

Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

The Gameweek 33 Transfer Debate - NO POLL NEEDED

Post by Flyman »

The next GW deadline follows rather sharpish .... Monday, in fact!

So ..... let's get tranferin'!

Who's in & who's out? Our team is here.

Poll will start on Sunday.

NO POLL NEEDED. Please ignore it! :oops:

McCarthy -> Mpenza wins (uncontested).
Last edited by Flyman on 08 Apr 2007, 11:48, edited 4 times in total.

grob
Dumbledore

gw33 transfer

Post by grob »

As Sligorover's busy(? :wink: ) working on a Wildcard proposal for GW34, it seems to me that for GW33 we just need to focus on who's playing and who's not.

Blackburn don't play, whereas Man City play(A at Fulham),and also have a double GW34(though against Arsenal & Liverpool !)

So,to set the ball rolling,

I propose we sell McCarthy(Bla) for est 7.1 :arrow: buy Mpenza(MC) for 6.0

sligorover
Grumpy Old Man

Re: gw33 transfer

Post by sligorover »

grob wrote:As Sligorover's busy(? :wink: ) working on a Wildcard proposal for GW34, it seems to me that for GW33 we just need to focus on who's playing and who's not.
Its in the oven :D

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Seeing as Berb is almost certainly being chopped for Adebayor, that makes 9 starters for GW33, I reckon. We also have 6 doublers for GW34, one of whom is Taylor (MI) who doesn't play in GW33.

My proposal is a double:
McCarthy :arrow: Mpenza as above
PLUS Drogba :arrow: A Liverpool strilker (*)

(*) Since the gameweek deadline is likely to be 14.30, we may get a chance to pick one of the two (or three) who play on Monday. Does the constitution allow for a late pick by the receiving officer? If not, I would say Crouch since he seems to be on fire.

That would give us 11 to start in GW33 and 8 doublers in GW34. Drogba is seriously off the boil whilst LIV have MC(a) and MID(h) in the double. We would have to find an extra 0.3m to buy Drogba back later if we so wish, but I'm sure we can find that somewhere. A rummage down the back of the virtual LaRep sofa, perhaps. :)

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

nash0819 wrote:Seeing as Berb is almost certainly being chopped for Adebayor, that makes 9 starters for GW33, I reckon. We also have 6 doublers for GW34, one of whom is Taylor (MI) who doesn't play in GW33.

My proposal is a double:

(*) Since the gameweek deadline is likely to be 14.30, we may get a chance to pick one of the two (or three) who play on Monday. Does the constitution allow for a late pick by the receiving officer? If not, I would say Crouch since he seems to be on fire.

That would give us 11 to start in GW33 and 8 doublers in GW34. Drogba is seriously off the boil whilst LIV have MC(a) and MID(h) in the double. We would have to find an extra 0.3m to buy Drogba back later if we so wish, but I'm sure we can find that somewhere. A rummage down the back of the virtual LaRep sofa, perhaps. :)
I think this could be satisfied by the term 'Drogba -> a playing LI striker, tba' with members expressing their order of preference of purchase in the thread, not the poll, should several be available.
Would that be acceptable to the Board?

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

nash0819 wrote:Seeing as Berb is almost certainly being chopped for Adebayor, that makes 9 starters for GW33, I reckon. We also have 6 doublers for GW34, one of whom is Taylor (MI) who doesn't play in GW33.

My proposal is a double:

The deadline on Monday is 11.30a.m(see pundit)and Liverpool don't play on Monday(GW33)so I'm a bit confused,Nash0819(also tired,so maybe I'm missing something here ? ) :?

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

grob wrote:The deadline on Monday is 11.30a.m(see pundit)and Liverpool don't play on Monday(GW33)so I'm a bit confused,Nash0819(also tired,so maybe I'm missing something here ? ) :?
Ahem, yes. I got ahead of myself a bit there. That's the situation in the following gameweek. The different gameweeks in FPL and OFL have obviously got me confused (again!). :oops:

Okay, scratch my double suggestion from the record!

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

grob wrote:

My proposal is a double:

The deadline on Monday is 11.30a.m(see pundit)and Liverpool don't play on Monday(GW33)so I'm a bit confused,Nash0819(also tired,so maybe I'm missing something here ? )
Aye, you are quite right, grob. i'm afraid nash is confusing his gws, perhaps?
McCarthy -> Mpenza makes good sense, but buying any LI chap that week doesn't as they don't play.

Further, while we await sligo's Wildcard Proposal for GW 34 there is double the reason not to throw these points in GW 33.
Tired or not, thanks for being on the ball, grob. :wink:

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

If there was to be any advantage in a double transfer in GW 33 we would need to be assured of regaining the 4 points thrown immediately, and I just can't see a defo c.s. or goalfest in there.

As sligorover is cooking the books for our end of season triumph, I'm happy to see just 1 transfer this week and to keep what points we have in the bank.

McCarthy -> Mpenza is fine by me.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Flyman wrote:
Tired or not, thanks for being on the ball, grob. :wink:
Thanks,Flyman. Now I can accept my Directors Fee for 06/07 from La Rep without feeling guilty. I think when I was interviewed,you indicated that such fees would be paid if we finished in the top 50k ? We've still a way to go,but I'm starting to think about what I might spend it on already !

I've now got my shorts and t-shirt on and am about to set off on my bike for a dose of Easter sunshine and fresh sea breeze,to wake myself up.

Speaking of Easter,bearing in mind that Monday is a Public Holiday in UK, do you not think it might be worth considering setting up this GW33 Poll on Saturday night,and closing it at midnight(or earlier)on Sunday night ?

That would enable you to do whatever you might wish(if only recover from Sunday night's hangover ?)on Monday morning,without the weight of responsibility for meeting the 11.30 a.m deadline on your shoulders ?

It's just a thought,as we all tend to take for granted that you'll be around to action our great deliberations,which is especially unfair of us over a long Bank holiday weekend.
I'm sure everyone would understand,Flyman.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Not to worry, grob!
I've got off to a flier in the Aussie footy Dreamteam Game - 230/15500+, so quite fancy an early rise to check how the game(s) are going down under.

The big laugh is that I have never seen a minute of AFL, don't know the rules or anything about the game! :lol:
Sure shows the power of FISO that an utter newbie can do so well (even if it is only Rd1! :wink: ). 'Salut!' to my mentors and long may it last!! :D

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

No poll required. Please ignore it! :oops:

McCarthy -> Mpenza is uncontested.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “La Republica del FISO Club History”