To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Gameweek 30 Transfer Debate.

A forum for historic posts on the Poll Team (La Republica del FISO) created by some of the users of the PremierLeague.com Forum.

What's Our Transfer for GW30?

Poll ended at 17 Mar 2007, 22:52

Bridge -> Taylor
58%
Carvalho -> A. Cole
No votes
Bridge -> Taylor & Carvalho -> A. Cole
8%
Bridge -> Murty
17%
Bridge -> Jackson
17%

Total votes: 12

Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

The Gameweek 30 Transfer Debate.

Post by Flyman »

I know it's early days, but here we go, anyway ...

Our team ishere.

Your proposals, please, Members of the Board.
Last edited by Flyman on 14 Mar 2007, 22:52, edited 1 time in total.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Subject to injuries(hope not !)between now and end next week,I propose:

Both as singles and a double(though I'll probably vote to do one in each in next of two weeks,to avoid the 4 pt hit,so will just go for BRIDGE :arrow: TAYLOR in GW30

BRIDGE(Che 4.1) :arrow: TAYLOR(Mid 4.0)

CARVALHO(Che 7.2) :arrow: A COLE(Che 6.7)

Now that Ashley Cole's back as 1st choice FB,Bridge will be warming the bench,which we don't want,and his price may drop as a result.
Taylor(Mid),(one of the many Taylors available),looks good value as a straight swop for Bridge,with Boro's defence looking quite solid recently.

Carvalho > Ashley Cole: now he's back,I consider Cashley better value for money,thus money in the piggy bank towards our future purchases(e.g to upgrade IRELAND)

sligorover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sligorover »

Bridge -> Murty for me

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Poll will start at midnight. Any more proposals?

M-boy
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 94th 07/08

Post by M-boy »

If we sign Taylor (Mid) we could be setting ourselves up for trouble in gw34 as we may be without 4 players if Boro beat Man United in the cup: Taylor, Ronaldo, Carvalho and Drogba. Or would Chelsea - Man. United and Middlesbrough - Aston Villa be rescheduled for later that gw?

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

M-boy wrote:If we sign Taylor (Mid) we could be setting ourselves up for trouble in gw34 as we may be without 4 players if Boro beat Man United in the cup: Taylor, Ronaldo, Carvalho and Drogba. Or would Chelsea - Man. United and Middlesbrough - Aston Villa be rescheduled for later that gw?
MI miss GW 33. Can I ask grob to consider revoking the Taylor (MI) proposal? :)

I'm a wee bit wary of buying Murty as we already have Shorey from RE's defence.
Also, FPL.com have a link to RE's site saying Murty hopes to be fit for this weeked (minor toe injury).

WI have a reasonable run ahead (FU/CA/BW & AV) plus two c.s.s from their last two games. Jackson at 3.7 provides reliable cheap cover and will play in GW 33 when we need as many out there as possible.

Bridge -> Jackson

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Flyman wrote:
M-boy wrote:If we sign Taylor (Mid) we could be setting ourselves up for trouble in gw34 as we may be without 4 players if Boro beat Man United in the cup: Taylor, Ronaldo, Carvalho and Drogba. Or would Chelsea - Man. United and Middlesbrough - Aston Villa be rescheduled for later that gw?

Also, FPL.com have a link to RE's site saying Murty hopes to be fit for this weeked (minor toe injury).

WI have a reasonable run ahead (FU/CA/BW & AV) plus two c.s.s from their last two games. Jackson at 3.7 provides reliable cheap cover and will play in GW 33 when we need as many out there as possible.

Bridge -> Jackson
Whilst I would happily revoke my proposed purchase of TAYLOR(Mid)if he was injured or facing a lengthy suspension,I can see no logic in doing so.

My Bridge > Taylor proposal & Sligorover's Bridge>Murty were the only ones submitted until your late alternative suggestion of Bridge >Jackson(Wigan)

Since my proposal 8 days ago,Bridge has now been put out of action for 3 weeks at least, so MUST be replaced, and TAYLOR's price has gone up to 4.1,(same as Bridge's price at present)

As to your concern that Middlesborough don't play in GW33,neither do at least 6 teams that week,but Boro have a DOUBLE GW 34 unless they beat Man Utd in The FAC(unlikely). It's surely swings and roundabouts ?

What matters, I would have thought, is assembling the best team possible, and how many points in total they are each likely to score in the coming weeks,rather than whether Jackson,e.g.might score 2 pts one week when Taylor doesn't play ? Also,let's not forget that GW34 is mid-April.

Whilst JACKSON is 0.4 cheaper than TAYLOR,he has only 40 pts to date, versus TAYLOR's 69 pts.

Meanwhile,in GW 31& 32 Boro play West Ham & Watford, while Wigan face Charlton (A) & Bolton(H)which look tougher fixtures,and in GW34, while Boro should have a DOUBLE GW,Wigan face in-form Tottenham.

I rest my case m'lud. Let the jury decide. :wink:
Last edited by grob on 14 Mar 2007, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

grob wrote:
Flyman wrote:

Bridge -> Jackson
Whilst I would happily revoke my proposed purchase of TAYLOR(Mid)if he was injured or facing a lengthy suspension,I can see no logic in doing so.

My Bridge > Taylor proposal & Sligorover's Bridge>Murty were the only ones submitted until your late alternative suggestion of Bridge >Jackson(Wigan)

Since my proposal 8 days ago,Bridge has now been put out of action for 3 weeks at least, so MUST be replaced, and TAYLOR's price has gone up to 4.1,(same as Bridge's price at present)

As to your concern that Middlesborough don't play in GW33,neither do at least 6 teams that week,but Boro have a DOUBLE GW 34 unless they beat Man Utd in The FAC(unlikely). It's surely swings and roundabouts ?

What matters, I would have thought, is assembling the best team possible, and how many points in total they are each likely to score in the coming weeks,rather than whether Jackson,e.g.might score 2 pts one week when Taylor doesn't play ? Also,let's not forget that GW34 is mid-April.

Whilst JACKSON is 0.4 cheaper than TAYLOR,he has only 40 pts to date, versus TAYLOR's 69 pts.

Meanwhile,in GW 31& 32 Boro play West Ham & Watford, while Wigan face Charlton (A) & Bolton(H)which look tougher fixtures.

I rest my case m'lud. Let the jury decide. :wink:
Well, since you put it like that ..... :wink:

Tbh, I didn't realise their double would be the week after they miss one.
Fair enough. Into the pot he will go!

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Flyman,as your post coincided with a minor edit to my post, to save you checking, all I did was to add a mention at the end, about Wigan facing Tottenham during Boro's DOUBLE GW34. To be fair,one of these games is against Liverpool ! :)

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Thanks grob.

I'm not staying up much longer tonight so am starting the polls an hour early.

Poll now open.
Poll ends at midnight Friday.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Poll over.

Bridge -> Taylor (MI) wins.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “La Republica del FISO Club History”