To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Gameweek 27 Transfer Debate/Poll

A forum for historic posts on the Poll Team (La Republica del FISO) created by some of the users of the PremierLeague.com Forum.

Who Stays? Who Goes? You Decide

Poll ended at 10 Feb 2007, 22:29

Barry -> Arteta or if EVE don't have a double... Barry -> McCulloch
31%
Barry -> Arteta regardless of 2xgws.
69%

Total votes: 16

Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

The Gameweek 27 Transfer Debate/Poll

Post by Flyman »

You all know the score by now - In? Out? Shake it all about.

Poll will start on Wed eve till Friday, midnight.

Next GW sees a long gap so prospective Wildcard Proposers might like to start ploting/canvassing now! :twisted:

Our team ishere.

Poll now open until midnight, Friday.
Last edited by Flyman on 07 Feb 2007, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

There may be some complicated vote options this week since the EVE v TOT game is likely to become part of this gameweek, making it a doubler for both clubs. We won't know for sure until some time on Friday so please bear this in mind when making proposals; you may wish to provide either/or options.

This may warrant the return of Arteta - in fact, I think it's quite a good move regardless of the fixtures - and I say we should sack Barry.

Reports from the last two Villa games seem to indicate that Barry's effectiveness has been reduced by the arrival of Carew and Young. Villa have some tricky fixtures coming up, including a blank GW28, whereas Everton have a goodish run. Barry has done us sterling service but maybe now is the time to say hale and farewell and pocket the profit? It would also free up c.£0.4m for the return of TH14.2 (and rising).

[edit: Thinking about it, we really need a Wigan doubler in, should Everton not get the doubler and that would again be Barry out but McCulloch in.]

Looking forward, I can see something like a Anelka->Lita and Drogba->Henry proposal post-GW28 but I haven't costed it.

So, in summary: Barry :arrow: Arteta (or if EVE don't have a double...) Barry :arrow: McCulloch

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Perhaps we should run two separate transfer polls, one for if EVE-TOT is arranged and one for if not, then obviously enact the result of the relevant one after we hear the news on Friday?

That is, if the nominations are significantly different enough to make a single poll too confusing.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

reds363 wrote:Perhaps we should run two separate transfer polls, one for if EVE-TOT is arranged and one for if not, then obviously enact the result of the relevant one after we hear the news on Friday?

That is, if the nominations are significantly different enough to make a single poll too confusing.
Fair enough ....
For now, just pop down your choices like nash has above, i.e. X -> Y, but W -> Z if EVx2.
If I can fit all the options on one poll come Wednesday, fine, otherwise I'll start 2.

sligorover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sligorover »

nash0819 wrote:So, in summary: Barry :arrow: Arteta (or if EVE don't have a double...) Barry :arrow: McCulloch
I concur !

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

nash0819 wrote: This may warrant the return of Arteta - in fact, I think it's quite a good move regardless of the fixtures - and I say we should sack Barry.
I agree,especially the point "regardless of fixtures", for which reason I made exactly this move at the weekend myself. Everton have a game in hand,(whether it's next week or later),so I'd buy Arteta for the long term.

I see the attraction of McCulloch's double,but Arsenal away being one of them,I can't see him getting much there, and on balance prefer Arteta.

snout
FISO Knight

Post by snout »

grob wrote:I see the attraction of McCulloch's double,but Arsenal away being one of them,I can't see him getting much there, and on balance prefer Arteta.
Just to be clear, is that a nomination for Barry :arrow: Arteta (regardless of fixtures)?

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Yes,BARRY :arrow: ARTETA,regardless of fixtures(point taken,Nash :wink: )

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

The rescheduling of the AR v MC game into GW 28 has saved us from disgrace and we should be able to field 11 men now. :D

Nevertheless, I agree that Barry may well play a more withdrawn role and I never wanted to loose Arteta in the first plce.

Barry -> Arteta, regardless of 2xgws, etc.

Nash and sligo have both suggested Barry -> McCulloch if EV didn't get a double gameweek.
Well, they have. Can I ask those members if they'd care to rescind/clarify that proposal?
If We are unanimous at the Proposal stage that Barry -> Arteta is the only choice we can buy him immediately the Debate ends (Wed 6 pm) rather than risk any price rise later this week.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Good thinking,Flyman,if the others agree,as once a good percentage of the 1.2m FPL players learn of Everton's double GW,there's likely to be a lot of them buying Arteta,and when the penny drops re Barry not playing in GW28, Barry's price might drop too,as many make the same switch ?

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Flyman wrote:Nash and sligo have both suggested Barry -> McCulloch if EV didn't get a double gameweek.
Well, they have.
Dependent on the Feyenoord appeal. :wink:

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

reds363 wrote:
Flyman wrote:Nash and sligo have both suggested Barry -> McCulloch if EV didn't get a double gameweek.
Well, they have.
Ah! According to FPL.com fixtures list they're scheduled to play - I took it from that. The Feyenoord matter is due to be resolved tomorrow, isn't it?

snout
FISO Knight

Post by snout »

Flyman wrote:
reds363 wrote:
Well, they have.
Ah! According to FPL.com fixtures list they're scheduled to play - I took it from that. The Feyenoord matter is due to be resolved tomorrow, isn't it?
"by the 9th of this month" is what I read. Check the FPL fixtures site:

http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?c ... breadcrumb

lucanjerry
Red & Blue Braces

Post by lucanjerry »

grob wrote:Good thinking,Flyman,if the others agree,as once a good percentage of the 1.2m FPL players learn of Everton's double GW,there's likely to be a lot of them buying Arteta,and when the penny drops re Barry not playing in GW28, Barry's price might drop too,as many make the same switch ?
should happen tonight.. Arteta going up, Barry pretty close to going down....

sligorover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sligorover »

reds363 wrote:
Well, they have.
Consider it recinded by me anyways. By Arteta now before its too late :P

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

sligorover wrote:
reds363 wrote:
Well, they have.
Consider it recinded by me anyways. By Arteta now before its too late :P
I'd really like to, sligo, but it wouldn't be right. So I will wait until tomorrow.

uppompei
Red & Blue Braces

Post by uppompei »

Arteta now 6.8M

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Poll now open until midnight, Friday.

uppompei
Red & Blue Braces

Post by uppompei »

Arteta has to return regardless!!

Everton have a good little run

MD

viddleodge
sir goatus australis
FS Record: now 2nd highest ever weekly score at Goalsneak.com.au

Post by viddleodge »

uppompei wrote:Arteta has to return regardless!!
we should've never shown him the door. :(

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

viddleodge wrote:
uppompei wrote:Arteta has to return regardless!!
we should've never shown him the door. :(
Well,we've got him back now,viddleodge :D - by a unanimous vote to do so.

I don't think any of us really wanted to send him out on loan in the first place,but don't forget why we did so - it was because we needed men on the park,and he wasn't available,with his sub ,Bentley I think, scoring quite a few points in his place in a double GW,if I recall correctly :wink:

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Welcome back, Arteta!

Fine malts all round, Gentlemen!
And Lady.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Having democratically observed tonight's midnight deadline,and rightly, though painfully, resisted the temptation to buy him before Thursday night's expected price hike to 6.8,did you manage to buy him before tonight's FURTHER price hike,to 6.9m ? Hope so anyway !

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

grob wrote:Having democratically observed tonight's midnight deadline,and rightly, though painfully, resisted the temptation to buy him before Thursday night's expected price hike to 6.8,did you manage to buy him before tonight's FURTHER price hike,to 6.9m ? Hope so anyway !
Regretably, No.
Sorry, I was away chatting with some bloke about old TVs and stuff. :oops:

Tum-tee-tum .....

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Doh ! I was afraid of that ! Ah well, he's a long term investment,barring injury,and hopefully he'll prove worth every penny as our new Captain ! :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “La Republica del FISO Club History”