To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

A General Discussion on La Republica del FISO.

A forum for historic posts on the Poll Team (La Republica del FISO) created by some of the users of the PremierLeague.com Forum.
Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

Post by Flyman »

Salut!

We are now at the quarter season mark and I thought this might be a good time to reflect upon how the team is being run and ask for any suggestions on how to improve things, both in terms of government and administration.

I hope you are all aware that I am wide open to constructive criticism and would welcome debate on any area concerning the team's management.

A few things that concern me are:

1) I'm not very constistant at starting the regular debates/polls. Would members prefer it if these were more regular?

2) Is there any need or any way to improve the transfer process? It does seem to me that we are somewhat handicapped by always transfering late on in the week. What do you think?

3) Do I allow sufficient time for the debates and polls? Should either or both be started sooner in the week?

Well, there's a start. I'd be interested to read any concerns the membership may have on any club issues.

Viva La Republica!

Krispy
Grumpy Bald Man

Post by Krispy »

Although this shouldn't degenerate into a competition for who's quickest to start the "Captain/Transfer" debate each week (as per FPL Forum :? ) - I doubt anyone will take issue if members other than Flyman start threads. Vid's is a great example and UEM's contribution makes this essential reading.

I do however agree that we are handicapped by waiting until the end of the week before making transfers. Yes this reduces the risk/impact of injuries but at the same time we fail to capitalise on changing player values. I can't recall an instance when this has prevented a transfer - but surely it is only a matter of time? It would also benefit our team balance in the long run.

Emergency Polls are the only solution and we'll have to establish an agreed protocol eg: minimum 5 votes for motion to go through.

sligorover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sligorover »

Flyman,

The board are very happy with your style of management and this board member would like to congratulate you on a steady first quarter.

The shareholders are also pleased with the 1.9 mill in the bank and the intangible assets that include the unused wildcard.

This is an exciting time for our organisation and i hope we continue to drive forward in Q2 to make our team world class etc etc

Viva La Republica !

viddleodge
sir goatus australis
FS Record: now 2nd highest ever weekly score at Goalsneak.com.au

Post by viddleodge »

from the gw 16 transfer debate/poll thread;

spurs have a good run coming up so i 2nd the notion to keep a-e.
after wigan's double double and the succeeding home game against shef u i think we should reduce our dependance and possible liability of having 3 latics. just before xmas their future will include chelsea & man u, then shelsea again in january, then arsenal in early february.
i reckon d bent will be good for the next month at least. we could switch him to mccarthy for blackburn's nicer run during that timeframe as lucanjerry suggested. but not camara as we already have 3 wigans.
vds to cud is a good one too.
i'm not convinced that ash cole is reliable enough. my learned friend, f-man, is a believer, however i am concerned the wee chelsea defender will dump heartbreak & disappointment on our doorstep at any given time. i do like the switch to carvalho though. he's 0.5 more than cole but playing very well and is maureen's darling.
my fresh suggestion to offer for after wigan's double double & home walkover shef u is either mcculloch or gillespie to bentley. shipping mcculloch would assist reducing our reliance on wigan players and warm the cockles of m-boy's heart. shef u's run after gw 17 is poo & not even guaranteed before then. although i know we got him just to hand out half-time oranges to the rest of the team. the only wrinkle in this plan is that bentley would be nice to get in now! rovers have a scrummy fixture coming up before their less than savoury january and probably, unfortunately their won't be any room for him. bentley's ready for another assist/goal/assist type spree and there's been a quiet undercurrent of buying him as folks pushed his fee up 0.1 just before their holiday in uefia. i suppose everyone's heard the rumour that beckham might go to rovers in january. maybe that would keep mgp there? and start him on his own spree? or maybe becks is coming to replace mgp?

lucanjerry
Red & Blue Braces

Post by lucanjerry »

A though just struck me tonight... there is a pretty good chance one or more of us will end up playing the La Republica team by being in the same group as it in Jonathan's Fantasy Cup. A conflict of interest surely...
Should this event happen, what should we do?

Should we
a) Take no action
b) Bar the member for the duration of the entire group phase,
c) Bar the member just for the week prior to the matchup, and restore access after game has been played.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

lucanjerry wrote:A though just struck me tonight... there is a pretty good chance one or more of us will end up playing the La Republica team by being in the same group as it in Jonathan's Fantasy Cup. A conflict of interest surely...

Should we
a) Take no action
c) Bar the member just for the week prior to the matchup, and restore access after game has been played.
I think it is your duty to start a new thread and then a poll, lucanjerry. :wink:

viddleodge
sir goatus australis
FS Record: now 2nd highest ever weekly score at Goalsneak.com.au

Post by viddleodge »

lucanjerry wrote:A though just struck me tonight... there is a pretty good chance one or more of us will end up playing the La Republica team by being in the same group as it in Jonathan's Fantasy Cup. A conflict of interest surely...

Should we
a) Take no action
a very valid point you've raised there lj.
i would like to think that if any of us are drawn in the group with la repub we would take it upon ourselves top step down for the duration of the immediate association. that is b) but with a slight description change from 'bar' to 'allow the member to step down for the duration of the entire group phase'.
don't mean to be a bar-room barrister but the pen can be mightier than the sword.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

Fellow Members: This is an historic night!

We have surpassed the ton! :shock: :P :twisted:

Malts all round is it?
:D

Stick
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Completely private

Post by Stick »

Hooray!!!

VIVA LA PUB!!!

sligorover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sligorover »