Lucky 7's Season 21

A forum for discussion on the Lucky 7's Fantasy Football games
murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Lucky 7's Season 21

Post by murf »

Lucky7s wrote:
Spencer4 wrote:Any update Ian, or are we waiting for something?
Sorry for the delay in updating I only just got round to it. Those Spanish games didn't finish until late last night.
All done now though. 8-)
You didn't have to rush :wink:

Oh well, it was nice being top while it lasted I guess.

PS I suppose you realise the Set 1 scores still aren't showing.

Lucky7s
Dumbledore

Post by Lucky7s »

murf wrote:PS I suppose you realise the Set 1 scores still aren't showing.
Yes sorry they aren't showing in the right hand column it does make it look a little confusing, but it will be all ok again after this coming weekends scores are added.

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Phew! Starting to edge away from the relegation zone but by no means safe.

By the way, I'm currently on 222 points. Should I stand on one leg?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Looks like my title hopes were swept away by a wave of 7x last week. All this week's sets looked nasty so have gambled on a double-up somewhere in the last two weeks of the season!

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

forestfan wrote:Looks like my title hopes were swept away by a wave of 7x last week. All this week's sets looked nasty so have gambled on a double-up somewhere in the last two weeks of the season!
My gamble was to swerve Set 1 last week... and that failed miserably with those 7*Ws.

Almost swerved this week as they are indeed nasty but took a gamble insteaed.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

murf wrote:
forestfan wrote:Looks like my title hopes were swept away by a wave of 7x last week. All this week's sets looked nasty so have gambled on a double-up somewhere in the last two weeks of the season!
My gamble was to swerve Set 1 last week... and that failed miserably with those 7*Ws.

Almost swerved this week as they are indeed nasty but took a gamble insteaed.
I haven't played too many Set 1's at all this season. Possibly would have been more productive in the second half of this Premiership season compared to early on when the big four were dropping a lot of points, but still outside of those teams there have been a lot less bankers this season, 7th down to 20th being fairly evenly matched.

I think having a genuine choice of sets (as opposed to the lower league crapshoots which nobody in their right mind would pick from!) has definitely improved the game.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Just noticed this on the site:
Special Announcement
I'm sorry to inform for you all, but Season 21 will be the last for the Lucky 7's game. There will be no more games next season. A number of factors have made me come to this conclusion, but I have for the most, enjoyed running the game and I would like to thank you all for playing.
:(

Thanks for running the game Ian, I've really enjoyed playing it for the last three years or so. I realise it must have taken quite an amount of work to run it, best wishes for whatever else you're planning to spend that time on from now! :D

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

That is a MASSIVE shame Ian.

Thanks a lot for all your work over the years. The accuracy, efficiency and promptness of updates etc have been a credit to you and put many other professional games to shame. It has been a pleasure to play this game and its loss will be huge. 144 entrants is something to be proud of.

It is the only game outside of 'proper' fantasy games and stuff on FISO that I have ever regularly played so that says a lot.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

That's a shame, with over 100 players it would have been good if someone could have taken it over but I guess the work involved is a bit much. Thanks to Ian for running it over the last few years, hope you will continue to contribute to FISO (under a new username perhaps?)

Maybe we could have a smaller scale FISO-based game with a similar concept next season if a few of us get together to help organise it?

Shrews
Dumbledore

Post by Shrews »

Gutted. :cry:

It's the only game i'm any good at.

Nevertheless Ian, it's been a fantastic game, brilliantly run and I hope that you've learnt a lot from the experience of running it and will remember it with fondness.

You've certainly given people a lot of fun and for that you should give yourself a well deserved pat on the back 8-)

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Post by Spencer4 »

Huge shame Ian.

This was the only game Jeffers was ever any good at :wink:

thelip
FISO Jedi Braveheart
FS Record: Variable

Post by thelip »

Special Announcement
I'm sorry to inform for you all, but Season 21 will be the last for the Lucky 7's game. There will be no more games next season. A number of factors have made me come to this conclusion, but I have for the most, enjoyed running the game and I would like to thank you all for playing.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :cry:

jeffersdn
Grumpy Old Pig

Post by jeffersdn »

Spencer4 wrote:Huge shame Ian.

This was the only game Jeffers was ever any good at :wink:
Damn right to. This was a really enjoyable game and I can only assume that Ian has good reasons as I know he enjoyed it as well.

Thanks for all the enjoyable seasons Ian!

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Well, it looks like my chance of being the last ever Premier League champion has gone, needed at least one 7x to keep me in it. Still, I get to keep the FISO Cup forever at least...

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

forestfan wrote:Still, I get to keep the FISO Cup forever at least...
Not if Ian hands over the 'franchise' to someone on FISO :twisted:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

murf wrote:
forestfan wrote:Still, I get to keep the FISO Cup forever at least...
Not if Ian hands over the 'franchise' to someone on FISO :twisted:
I'm sure you can fit it in around FISO Goals, F1 predictions and 10,000 posts per week! :wink:

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Post by Spencer4 »

I'm in the FA Cup Final (thanks for all your support lads :wink: ). Does this mean I could keep the trophy for ever?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Spencer4 wrote:I'm in the FA Cup Final (thanks for all your support lads :wink: ). Does this mean I could keep the trophy for ever?
See my post of 9 minutes ago :wink:

wackojackouk
Kevin and Perry

Post by wackojackouk »

Gutted when I read the news on Friday. I love this game. I got my missus involved and she loves it too.

Any chance of us carrying it on in the future? Perhaps a few of us can help administer the game and I'm sure Ian wouldn't mind us looking after his baby :)

I don't know PHP or anything but would be willing to help out here and there.

WJUK aka The Sopwith Camels ;)

Lucky7s
Dumbledore

Post by Lucky7s »

Thanks for all of your kind comments. It has been a really hard decision to let it go, but I really do need a break from it all.

I will gladly hand over what I have to someone else to run the game, but I will warn you now, you'll need to find web hosts and also be prepared to give up several hours each week, to update scores and prepare for the following week. It would probably be easier to run a 'lightweight' version here on FISO for anyone with a bit of spreadsheet knowledge, I don't think it would be too difficult to set something up, but again it'll need some time and dedication each week to keep it running.

I will still be around at FISO, so if anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Lucky7s wrote:Thanks for all of your kind comments. It has been a really hard decision to let it go, but I really do need a break from it all.

I will gladly hand over what I have to someone else to run the game, but I will warn you now, you'll need to find web hosts and also be prepared to give up several hours each week, to update scores and prepare for the following week. It would probably be easier to run a 'lightweight' version here on FISO for anyone with a bit of spreadsheet knowledge, I don't think it would be too difficult to set something up, but again it'll need some time and dedication each week to keep it running.

I will still be around at FISO, so if anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer.

I know how you feel Ian. Your game feels like it's been around forever, an institution (and not just on FISO!), so it will be odd not playing (or forgetting to play in my case...). Have a good break and maybe you'll come back refreshed one day?

If you need something to keep you occupied now you have some free time, I know another little game that you could run......?!!!!! :? :lol: :lol:

Lucky7s
Dumbledore

Post by Lucky7s »

:D Thanks Jester, hats off to you, as you do an excellent job with FISODAS and I will leave that in your very capable hands.
Jester wrote:Have a good break and maybe you'll come back refreshed one day?
Maybe 8-)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Lucky7s wrote:Thanks for all of your kind comments. It has been a really hard decision to let it go, but I really do need a break from it all.

Enjoy the break Ian :D

I know the stresses of running far less intense games here on FISO so can imagine it being more toil than pleasure just too often.

I have some ideas how a 'Lucky 7s Lite' could work on FISO but I'm not volunteering to be the main man running it so maybe we need a volunteer to run it (and support staff / cover which I could be one of). Think that (wo)man needs to have his/her ideas heard first so they could build it how they liked, with ideas tossed around on here first if wanted.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Spencer4 »

How many non-Fisoers play Lucky7s Ian, any idea?

Lucky7s
Dumbledore

Post by Lucky7s »

Spencer4 wrote:How many non-Fisoers play Lucky7s Ian, any idea?
I can't say with any true accuracy, as there are probably many players that found the game here but rarely post, I'd say around 60% (maybe a bit more) were non fisoers in the very early days, but in more recent times I'd estimate it at around 20-30%.
I think that a lot of the early non FISOers have now found this place. 8-)

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Spencer4 »

Lucky7s wrote:
Spencer4 wrote:How many non-Fisoers play Lucky7s Ian, any idea?
I can't say with any true accuracy, as there are probably many players that found the game here but rarely post, I'd say around 60% (maybe a bit more) were non fisoers in the very early days, but in more recent times I'd estimate it at around 20-30%.
I think that a lot of the early non FISOers have now found this place. 8-)
Sure, which is why it would be a good idea to tie it into Fiso. It would be another shop window.

Murf, I'm happy to help out with this if we're going to get a small gang of people to try and come up with something

Jaybrent Allstars1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jaybrent Allstars1 »

I like everyone elso would like to say thanks for the years of fun Lucky 7s has provided . This is the game that got me into Fantasy Football and led me to this forum. On the bright side a dont have to work about being relegated from the premier league this weekend :mrgreen: ( unlike Mr Shearer :( )

NFG
Grumpy Old Man

Post by NFG »

Thanks for all your efforts Ian. I've really enjoyed playing even though I've never quite managed to get past the Third Division. :lol:

At least now you'll have plenty of time to celebrate The Gulls getting back into the League. :wink:

wackojackouk
Kevin and Perry

Post by wackojackouk »

Hi guys

I'm happy to help out if I can :)

Perhaps limit it to 2 divisions or something.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

WJUK

ps Ian - could you let us know which hosts you use and the bandwidth it uses etc?

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Spencer4 »

FA Cup WInners 8-) First and last time :(

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Lucky 7's Fantasy Football (Ceased)”