To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Lucky 7s Tactics

A forum for discussion on the Lucky 7's Fantasy Football games
thelip
FISO Jedi Braveheart
FS Record: Variable

Lucky 7s Tactics

Post by thelip »

I was just thinking about the Lucky7s game and looking at the History & Honours section and I got thinking about how best to play this game.

Personally I usually miss out the first week's fixtures (especially at the start of the football season) for two reasons

(i) To get a feel for how teams are playing and to avoid the early season surprise results.

(ii) I like to have a game in hand for bonus situations such as the Euro 2008 qualifiers this week.

I also have a few rules I like to follow.

(i) Avoid lower league and French/Dutch/Italian fixtures where possible.

(ii) Sometimes it is better to ignore the cup competitions and go out rather than jeopardise your league position.

(iii) Try to keep my APPM somewhere around 15.
19 games x 15 = 285 pts.

A score like this will always have you in the promotion shake up at the end of the season.

Last 3 seasons for me

278pts (14.63) promotion
280pts (14.74) 6th
280pts (14.74) promotion

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

This is only my second season so still picking up the tactics in this - however I have discovered a few of these now.

Most of the weeks I've missed have been through forgetting to post a selection before the deadline but the tactical skipping of a matchday definitely has its advantages, like giving the opportunity for a double 19-pointer on an international weekend as I got yesterday!

Lower league sets are nasty as the teams are more evenly matched and the majority of matches can often be coin-flips, especially in early season when the pacesetters and strugglers haven't yet emerged. I think the European top divisions could be profitable though, as long as your 3 or 4 "bankers" have reasonable games and are not playing each other.

thelip
FISO Jedi Braveheart

Post by thelip »

Another good time to consider playing your game(s) in hand is during a cup replay set when all games are played to a finish. Obviously then you eliminate the draw option and hopefully increase your chances of a 7xW.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

I'd completely forgotten the fact that penalty shoot-outs count... I always forget about the hat-tricks as well, but they don't come up too often.

Fairly obvious one but when I'm deciding on the last couple of difficult choices from a set, I usually go for home teams, and while the bookies can get it wrong I still find looking at the odds can help decide between games/teams to go with.

thelip
FISO Jedi Braveheart

Post by thelip »

If anyone is wondering what we are on about then more information can be found here

http://www.luckysevens.co.uk/index.htm

Great game, easy to play and lots of fun.

Grant
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Grant »

I'm in the paid up game, hence like to keep involved in the Cups. Missing the first set does appear to be a good tactic, as the internationals are good. However, my 7* last year came in the week I was going to miss, so you can never tell!

thelip
FISO Jedi Braveheart

Re: Lucky 7s Tactics

Post by thelip »

thelip wrote: Try to keep my APPM somewhere around 15.
19 games x 15 = 285 pts.

A score like this will always have you in the promotion shake up at the end of the season.
I think I may have to revise this estimate now. 285 points would only have gained promotion in two of the lower divisions.

300 points seems to be about the new benchmark (15.79 PPM).

http://www.luckysevens.co.uk/l7ltables.php

For anyone thinking of playing, a new season gets underway next week. Fantastic game, easy to play but not so easy to win! :D

Grant
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Grant »

My attempt for the league title faltered a bit. Am going back on the paid to play game next season, and will be trying for the cups again as well. The treble would be good!

Is a simple but great game - get joined up if you're not already.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

thelip wrote:
19 games x 15 = 285 pts.

I think I may have to revise this estimate now. 285 points would only have gained promotion in two of the lower divisions.

I think this was an unusually high-scoring season (unless everyone's just getting better at it...) - there were 3 international qualifier matchdays and also a few early round cup/Europe sets, which tend to be profitable ones.

Once you get into the new year there's more chance of having to pick from difficult sets of evenly-matched knockout games and unpredictable lower divisions, so I expect the averages to drop.

It's a difficult balancing act between the paid cups and your league situation - I got caught out by an unexpected replay this season in a matchday I had planned to sit out, so always worth looking ahead!

binky
Dumbledore
FS Record: won 500 quid in euro mirror 2004 and current tff north east champeen,tff 106th,star 42nd last season

Post by binky »

300 to be a champeen :wink:
and im still to get a whitey :cry:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

binky wrote:300 to be a champeen :wink:
I noticed this looking at the tables - is there a reason why you started a new team in D7 this season while having an inactive one in D6? (Assuming it's the same Binky of course...)

binky
Dumbledore
FS Record: won 500 quid in euro mirror 2004 and current tff north east champeen,tff 106th,star 42nd last season

Post by binky »

forestfan wrote:
binky wrote:300 to be a champeen :wink:
I noticed this looking at the tables - is there a reason why you started a new team in D7 this season while having an inactive one in D6? (Assuming it's the same Binky of course...)
i didnt know i was still in division 6 forest,had problems with net and restarted,shame really as i was at the top of div6 but didnt do the last set
wont be long before im up the top.......i hope :lol:

though not really bothered what division im in i just enjoy the game

thelip
FISO Jedi Braveheart

Post by thelip »

thelip wrote:
19 games x 15 = 285 pts.

At the end of season 17 you would have needed to have scored an average of 314.00 pts to have been champion and an average of 299.88 to have finished in the top four to achieve promotion.

So it would seem that you would have to score between 315-320 points to be in with a chance of the title (16.58-16.84 appm) and between 300-310 points to gain promotion (15.79-16.32appm).

Tough job! Ignoring hat-tricks and the occasional 7xW that means that from each set of 7 picks you would need 5 wins and a draw. :shock:

Lucky7s
Dumbledore

Post by Lucky7s »

My Season 17 APPM of 15.32 was only just enough to keep me in the Premier League, so a tad over 5 wins from each matchday just to survive! :shock:

Incidently, the previous highest score to get relegated was set by Clock end boys 81 PL > D1 at the end of Season 16 with a score of 280pts (APPM 14.74).
Deselective is the new record holder with the highest score to get relegated PL > D1 with 288pts (APPM 15.16) :shock:

Mark1886
Grumpy Old Gooner
FS Record: Tinkerman, average to poor

Post by Mark1886 »

The difference in PPM scoring between now, and when Lucky7s started is staggering. The scoring is so much better now. My own preference is to try and avoid Italian, and to a lesser extent, Spanish league games. Far too many draws to win ratio for my liking.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Lucky 7's Fantasy Football (Ceased)”