To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Spencer4's Enormous Premier league Prediction Game. New player intake

A forum for the running of Predictions games - other than FISO Goals (Premiership Predictions) and TSO's FISO Comps which have their own forums.
Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Spencer4's Enormous Premier league Prediction Game. New player intake

Post by Spencer4 »

Just a quick request for all general forum members who fancy a season-long premier league prediction competition.

I've been running this on a private area of Fiso since 2010 and these days we have about 20+ players, all paying £5 to play (with all money re-distributed as prizes).

We're always refreshing the lower league and one or two places are available now.

If anyone is interested, just post on this thread and I can give you the permissions to see the private forum to get an idea of what it's all about. I've left the rest of this post for the rules but basically:

Each week you pick result and first goal-scorer of all premier league games and you play against a real fiso opponent who can't copy your picks. Around Christmas we have a split in the league and the second part of the season sorts out the winners.

***********************************************************************************************************

We'll have two leagues, the top league of 10 and the second league of the rest.

At the end of the first half of the season (around Christmas) five will drop out of the top league, to be replaced by the top two and a playoff place from the second league. Leaving us 8 teams in League A, fighting over the final 14 weeks of the season from January to the end.

The second part of the season will be the fight for the cash places. I'm going to take £10 from the 10 people in the top league, and £5 from those in the other league, so we'll have £100 + £££ as the pot to be split at season end. Probably £80/£40/£20//£20 (ALL DEPENDS ON NUMBERS OF COURSE)

Some money has already been paid from the prizes allocated last year: Barrydixey, Ralfbergs, Hammerrdth and Moist so far

Rules:

All the old rules are still in use, but I must insist that everyone re-posts any changes they make, this is because any moderators who play can change their's without it showing as an edit. Also, it's hard to keep tracking back through the thread. All edits will be ignored - use a new post to show any changes.

As before, once the home team have predicted, then the away team can go. Once the away team have posted, the home team cannot alter any of their picks, but the away team can, right up to the final deadline.

As usual the away team can jump in at 18.00 on the Friday (for weeks where there is a Friday kick-off, deadlines will be 18.00 Thursday and 18.00 Friday).

If we have less than 6 of 10 games taking place in any week we'll void that game-week.

The old rules:

Every week you will play one player, match-play stylee over the 10 games on the fixture list that week.

There will be home and away teams, just like the real thing. In this game though, the home team will predict first and the opponent will predict second.

There will be no duplication of predicted scores or first goal-scorer, between the two players.

Scoring

3 points for a correct score (includes 1 point for correct result).
1 point for a correct result but wrong score.
2 points for correct first goal-scorer. (own-goals do not count)

I want to see this format used > example> Aston Villa v Swansea, 2-1, Agbonlahor

Rules: The HOME team will have to get their scores and scorers in by 18.00 the day before the games are played (usually Friday). The AWAY team will be able to post their predictions from 18.01 until 11.30 of the following day (or 18.00 for evening kick offs).

If the HOME team do not post by 18.00, the AWAY team can pick and possibly take the advantage of first picks from the HOME team.

Once the home team have posted, they are allowed to update their picks on a new post, up until the away team posts. At this point, only the away team is permitted to make adjustments, again on a new post, until the 2nd deadline.

I don't want any predictions made after any team line-ups have been announced, hence the early deadlines. No edits allowed either after you post your predictions (unless you re-post in good time for your opponent and myself to see)

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN PICKING YOUR GOAL-SCORERS THAT THERE ARE NOT TWO PLAYERS WITH THE SAME NAME IN THE GAME !

You'll be on the obvious choice. So if Mark Davies/Kevin Davies score, you'll be on Kevin.

There are many others so be careful to specify.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deadlines: Aug 8 / Aug 9: Home managers > Thurs 1800 / Away managers > Fri 1800

Fixtures

League A:
TBC

League B:
TBC

Boddington
FISOhead
FS Record: 2014 Captains Picks Your Golf Travel - Winner
2015 SuperBru F1 - UK Winner
2015 Golf Monthly Fantasy Golf - Winner
2018 European Tour Fantasy Race to Dubai - Runner Up
2018/19 NCG Fantasy Golf Winter - Winner
2019 NCG Fantasy Golf - Winner

Re: Spencer4's Enormous Premier league Prediction Game. New player intake

Post by Boddington »

I would love to join in please

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Re: Spencer4's Enormous Premier league Prediction Game. New player intake

Post by Spencer4 »

Boddington wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 19:58 I would love to join in please
You should now have access to the whole Forum, you'll also see the odd post in the latest posts etc. If you fancy it, you'll be in the second league, all you have to do it follow the instructions for paying the £5 on the new thread:

viewtopic.php?f=267&t=130612

May start this week, or may wait for additional players.

Welcome

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Other FISO Predictions (e.g. FA Cup, CL & Ints)”