To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sportsmeister Ante Post Prediction 2018

A forum for the running of Predictions games - other than FISO Goals (Premiership Predictions) and TSO's FISO Comps which have their own forums.
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Sportsmeister Ante Post Prediction 2018

Post by Ashers »

I’ve played this for the past three years and would highly recommend this prediciton game to keep you interested in sports throughout the year.

In the past three years, two FISO members have won (Ashers and Nigel1305) taking home around £350 each.

Please add your name to this thread if you’re interested in playing and I will get Sportsmeister to send your over the prediciton sheet and payment details.

The Rules:

Predictions 2018

Happy New Year to all of you. Welcome to the 22nd edition of my annual predictions competition. The format of the competition is very much as the last few years. You now have the whole of January to ponder your selections.

What do you have to do?

• Predict the outcome of each of the 30 events listed on the Questions page of the attached spreadsheet by entering your selection in the coloured area. I have provided a selection of possible answers on the Entry Form worksheet. If none of these selections appeal to you then you will have to enter your own selection in the cell alongside the drop down menu. I have included some notes to provide more information on a few of the categories
• Predict the tie break result. I am not interested in the individual elements of the tiebreaker merely the final answer. However, if you just predict the two elements I will calculate the final answer for you.
• Note that the tiebreak is important and had been used in previous years to determine the winner
• Predict the answers for the six rounds of the Cup
• Send in your entry form and entry fee of £10 by the deadline day.
• Sit back, enjoy the sporting year ahead and watch your progress in the regular updates that will follow on a monthly basis.
• My random musings will be available on my twitter account (twitter.com/sportsmeister)

What is the scoring system?

a) 2 points will be awarded for each correct prediction.
b) If no one has correctly predicted the outcome of an event then 1 point will be awarded to the predictions that were closest to be correct. Not all categories will have this option.
c) A bonus point will be awarded in a category if both of the following apply; less than 10% of the total entrants have chosen the same prediction and the prediction earns points due to either of a) or b)
d) A further bonus point will be awarded if both of the following apply; only one person has chosen a prediction and that unique prediction earns points due to either of a) or b). It is possible for some categories to have more than one unique correct prediction.
e) All other predictions will score nil points
f) Note that if a category does not take place then I reserve the right to substitute a similar category in its place.

What do you stand to gain?

• The person with the most points will collect the top prize
• The top prize will be about 85% of the total entry fee
• All entries will be entered into the Predictions Cup
• The winner of the Cup will win about 15% of the total entry fee
• The exact prize distribution will be determined when all the entries have been collected
• All the entry fees will be distributed as prize money
• It is theoretically possible to win both competitions and complete the Predictions double
• A consolation prize will be awarded to the person with the closest answer to the tiebreak
• The consolation prize will be free entry to the 2019 competition
• The prize money in 2017 totalled £470

How does the Cup work?

• The league table on 12 September 2018 will determine the draw for all six rounds.
• The lower placed competitors will receive a bye to the first round proper while the higher placed competitors will take part in the preliminary round
• The lowest placed will compete against the second lowest placed for the privilege of meeting the winner of the third lowest vs. fourth lowest tie
• The winner of each tie will be the person with the closest answer to the final outcome
• I hope to have chosen categories, which will resolve the cup tie at the first attempt. A replay category will be established if the need arises.
• If this appears confusing now then hopefully it will become clearer as the competition unfolds. The message is that even if you start badly there is still a chance of picking up a reasonable prize so think carefully when picking your Cup answers.

Sport Billy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st 2014 ESPN 6 Nations, 2nd 2015 Shaggy World Snooker: FPL Pontoon Champion 2014/15, 1st Euro 2016 Qualifiers predictor, 2nd 2015 FISO Superbru Golf Predictor

Re: Sportsmeister Ante Post Prediciton 2017

Post by Sport Billy »

I'll take an entry form please?

coryphaeus
Red & Blue Braces

Post by coryphaeus »

Can you sort out a form for me please

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

In please :D

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

In please.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Re: Sportsmeister Ante Post Prediciton 2018

Post by Ashers »

I have sent you the email from Sportsmeister.

Please let me know if you haven’t received this.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Re: Sportsmeister Ante Post Prediction 2018

Post by Spencer4 »

This may not be the place, but I have a question on the tie break.

"World Cup Goals in extra time and shoot outs"

Goals in extra time is simple, but shoot outs are asking for each successful penalty kick (eg 9 per game or so) or the number of shoot outs (eg 3 or so)?

sportsmeister
FISO 2006 Golf Champion

Post by sportsmeister »

Spencer4 wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 10:47 This may not be the place, but I have a question on the tie break.

"World Cup Goals in extra time and shoot outs"

Goals in extra time is simple, but shoot outs are asking for each successful penalty kick (eg 9 per game or so) or the number of shoot outs (eg 3 or so)?
Using the first ever World Cup penalty shoot out from 1982 as an example

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Germ ... orld_Cup)

There were 4 goals in extra time and 9 in the shoot out - so this game would contribute 13 to the tiebreak. In 2014, there were 34 goals in extra time and penalty shoot outs

Does that help?

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Spencer4 »

Yes, that's fine, thanks.

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

I would like to have a go please Ashers.

sportsmeister
FISO 2006 Golf Champion

Post by sportsmeister »

Send me a PM with your email address bluenosey and I will send you the details

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Bump!

sportsmeister
FISO 2006 Golf Champion

Last Call - Ante Post Prediction 2018 - Deadline midnight 02/02/2018

Post by sportsmeister »

We've had 2 FISO winners in the last 3 years - can we make it 3 from 4?

If you don't already have the details and want to take part, PM me your email address and I'll you the details asap

Let me know if you have any questions

sportsmeister

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Other FISO Predictions (e.g. FA Cup, CL & Ints)”