To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISODAS Season 31 Week 3 Player Lists & Prices

FISO Defenders Against Strikers (FISODAS) Games run by Jester (previously Shrews, Barry & Jester)
forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Re: FISODAS Season 31 Week 3 Player Lists & Prices

Post by forestfan »

Seems like the consensus is to go back to the original ruling then. I'm certainly not allocating people defences they never intended picking just because they are the same price.

Actually, having a rethink I'll say the following...

If these matches are decided by the overspend (i.e. through goals from Aguero or the respective captains), they will be voided, and replayed next weekend alongside the Week 4 matches (i.e. these players will play two league matches with the same teams, as happens with League and Cup). If those players only affect the scoreline and not the result, I will allow it to stand.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Now thinking about how bonus immunity will work if people have games in hand :lol: :roll:

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

forestfan wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 15:24 Now thinking about how bonus immunity will work if people have games in hand :lol: :roll:
Can of worms😂

Dennisthemenace
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Dennisthemenace »

Make it easy on yourself FF (and Rob)

It's our onus to check and report. It takes about 10 seconds to run through 20 teams to spot if there any obvious errors. If you've got 50 sets of eyes looking for errors, rather than just two, then you've got more chance of correcting the errors!

It needs to become FISODAS culture! :D

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Dennisthemenace wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 15:33 Make it easy on yourself FF (and Rob)

It's our onus to check and report. It takes about 10 seconds to run through 20 teams to spot if there any obvious errors. If you've got 50 sets of eyes looking for errors, rather than just two, then you've got more chance of correcting the errors!

It needs to become FISODAS culture! :D
That’s a fair enough suggestion... in this case my spreadsheet did spot the error though, and should always do so in standard cases, but it was unclear if people took advantage of it deliberately or even noticed there were two versions of the prices! Therefore there wasn’t a clear way to resolve it.

If you spot an error with the widget and/or player list though, please PM me and Rob.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

forestfan wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 15:12 Seems like the consensus is to go back to the original ruling then. I'm certainly not allocating people defences they never intended picking just because they are the same price.
I see, you prefer to penalise them, or to penalise their oppos, rather than doing the most logical and fair thing :(

As I said I'll accept the ruling.
This doesn't mean I find it just, or fair, or logical

So, you're not allocating people defences they never intended picking "just because" they are the same price.
But you let them play without captain doubling despite they never intended to play without captain doubling, and you take their best striker away despite they never intended to play without their best striker.
I think this is a VERY BIZARRE way to invoke such perfunctory respect of someone's "intention" only when it suits supporting your personal position :roll:
You're perfectly administrating this game, you don't need to invoke such excuses to justify your preference for harsher sanctions
And please don't hide behind "consensus" as I only saw Dennisthemenace and maybe topspur posting to advocate original sanctions.
Their opinions are perfectly respectable and legitimate, but judging by morganb and my posts, the poll for "original sanctions" is 2 v 2.
So don't hide behind consensus.
You're the admin, your choice.
You can choose between penalizing because they fell in mistake in the enter tool, or correct their mistake as if they'd chosen a defence which let them respect their budget.
You choose to sanction and penalise them because this "respects their intentions" (???), while correcting their mistaken defence pick doesn't
OK.
Your rightful choice as admin.
NOT consensus. 2v 2 is not consensus. Calling it consensus is a lie.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

MoSe wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 16:23
forestfan wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 15:12 Seems like the consensus is to go back to the original ruling then. I'm certainly not allocating people defences they never intended picking just because they are the same price.
I see, you prefer to penalise them, or to penalise their oppos, rather than doing the most logical and fair thing :(

As I said I'll accept the ruling.
This doesn't mean I find it just, or fair, or logical

So, you're not allocating people defences they never intended picking "just because" they are the same price.
But you let them play without captain doubling despite they never intended to play without captain doubling, and you take their best striker away despite they never intended to play without their best striker.
I think this is a VERY BIZARRE way to invoke such perfunctory respect of someone's "intention" only when it suits supporting your personal position :roll:
You're perfectly administrating this game, you don't need to invoke such excuses to justify your preference for harsher sanctions
And please don't hide behind "consensus" as I only saw Dennisthemenace and maybe topspur posting to advocate original sanctions.
Their opinions are perfectly respectable and legitimate, but judging by morganb and my posts, the poll for "original sanctions" is 2 v 2.
So don't hide behind consensus.
You're the admin, your choice.
You can choose between penalizing because they fell in mistake in the enter tool, or correct their mistake as if they'd chosen a defence which let them respect their budget.
You choose to sanction and penalise them because this "respects their intentions" (???), while correcting their mistaken defence pick doesn't
OK.
NOT consensus. 2v 2 is not consensus. Calling it consensus is a lie.
I went back on my personal position actually. I've now announced the matches will be voided if the "error" changes the results.

One thing I will never do is allocate someone a player/defence they didn't pick (other than in the case of the Randoms, when they're not playing for that person anyway).

I can understand why things kicked off regarding you and FPL side-games now though :roll:

gutshot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Solid

Post by gutshot »

Mose that post is way to strong. FF does a great job of running this game and I certainly didn’t want this to turn into an attack on him.

I am happy to go with whatever FF decides to do and perhaps we should all leave it there.

Dennisthemenace
Grumpy Old Man

gutshot wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 16:39 Mose that post is way to strong. FF does a great job of running this game and I certainly didn’t want this to turn into an attack on him.

I am happy to go with whatever FF decides to do and perhaps we should all leave it there.
Yes, this exactly.

FISODAS should adopt the spirit of cricket i.e it's just not cricket to be critical of those running it. :D

It's a free game, lord knows how much time FF spends on it, mistakes will be made, it's up top us all to spot and report those mistakes.

We don't want it to become like Premier League footballers crowding around the ref.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

I'm just glad I don't run a game where people's money is at stake :lol:

My reference to "consensus" was that people seemed to feel that my original indication to let the overspend go was not the right one, I know there wasn't a consensus on what to do instead. As I said, there was no good solution. The "cleanest" one would be to void the entire gameweek, but that's unfair on the people whose matches were not impacted.

Looks like we're going to get one or more extra games next week... anyway, I'll leave it at that until Monday when I will post the results (and perhaps non-results!)

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Dennisthemenace wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 16:49
gutshot wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 16:39 Mose that post is way to strong. FF does a great job of running this game and I certainly didn’t want this to turn into an attack on him.

Yes, this exactly.

FISODAS should adopt the spirit of cricket i.e it's just not cricket to be critical of those running it. :D

It's a free game, lord knows how much time FF spends on it, mistakes will be made, it's up top us all to spot and report those mistakes.

We don't want it to become like Premier League footballers crowding around the ref.
Spirit of cricket? Pass the sandpaper :wink:

It certainly takes less time to run it than when I first picked it up, I've automated quite a lot... I can only imagine how much effort it took the first organiser, when everything was done manually!

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

you probably overlooked those previous passages
MoSe wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 16:23 You're perfectly administrating this game,
MoSe wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 14:57 ... I'll ... and accept any ruling, as I'm not directly involved :D
I didn't attack him, or his ruling.
I always praised his work so far.
I just told him I disliked the excuses he was bringing forth to justify his decision.
He didn't need them

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Blimey a lot of posts since I last posted.

I ballsed up, basically.

People puts lot of time and effort into running these comps for our enjoyment so ill take any hit which FF sees as fair.

:)

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

bluenosey wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 17:06 Blimey a lot of posts since I last posted.

I ballsed up, basically.

People puts lot of time and effort into running these comps for our enjoyment so ill take any hit which FF sees as fair.

Looks like you've lost regardless, in the league at least!

Dennisthemenace
Grumpy Old Man

bluenosey wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 17:06 Blimey a lot of posts since I last posted.

I ballsed up, basically.

Yes spot on Bluenosey, I'd have done the same too. Kudos to you 8-)

Rick Spangle
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC 2012 T20 - 3rd in runs league

Post by Rick Spangle »

Asking people why they made certain picks in order to make a call, that would certainly be getting more than a bit Lionel :wink:

One idea I had would be to meet halfway on this occasion and for them to lose double captains but not Aguero... is it too late in the day for that?

I will put an official rule in to cover this eventuality in future.
How about just having a rule that, in the event of a discrepancy between the website and the widget, one or the other (which one is up to the organisers) takes precedence? Much easier than playing around with bonuses, loss of captaincy etc. - and it would encourage players to check with Forest Fan if the two lists didn't match. As to this week, since I'm not affected by it, I'll stay out of what should happen, but I like to think I'd follow Bluenosey's example and go down the "I ballsed up" route.

footie-lover14
Kevin and Perry

Post by footie-lover14 »

I just hope Burnley give Cardiff a doing tomorrow, then the overspend isn't an issue🤣🤣

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

OK - genuine error on my part - picked team from widget - didn't realise some teams listed twice - team picked on Thursday morning so not drunk. If you look at my submit time I would probs be first one in as I knew time on pc would be limited (doing ground improvements at caveman park, so got the painters in). Would say take my CB but cant against top team. Was sure footie _lover14 would play a bonus so wanted best forward line I could get. Thought Cardiff at 1m was a gift but they had conceded 4 last week and Burnley had scored 4 so I thought fair enough Cardiff at home are better. I did mean to revisit on Friday to change Gray to Barnes as insurance but never got around to it. Gives extra edge to Cardiff v Burnley this pm. Not sure I would have spent 3m on Cardiff but at 1m I thought it a no brainer.
Don't really want to have to come back to this crummy little football ground next week - it looks like its hardly had anything done to it since its nonleague days.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

My view is the option to select was available so teams should be deemed legal, whether picked accidentally or via the loophole. Fifty of us had the chance to see it and flag to admin, but none of us did.

It's unfortunate but a complete one-off hopefully.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

I’d agree with that.

If they hadn’t entered via the widget we could maybe pull them up; but they did so, alls fair in love and war.

graydb
Kevin and Perry

Post by graydb »

Weird week, yellow cards for lateness don’t support the opponent in the game week.
Rules are Rules after all. They say 11:59pm

Given the problems it should be a nil and void week.

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Cardiff concede 2 already and I forgot it was 5 last home game - perhaps I shouldn't look a gift horse - more trojan horse!

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

graydb wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 17:29 Weird week, yellow cards for lateness don’t support the opponent in the game week.
Rules are Rules after all. They say 11:59pm

Given the problems it should be a nil and void week.

Having gone down 2-3 I tend to agree with you! :!:

graydb
Kevin and Perry

Post by graydb »

Forest fan - great game
Zimmerman- no offence
Rules are rules , there’s no yellow cards in the rules unless I’ve missed them.11:59 time slot

footie-lover14
Kevin and Perry

Post by footie-lover14 »

primitive man wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 10:32 OK - genuine error on my part - picked team from widget - didn't realise some teams listed twice - team picked on Thursday morning so not drunk. If you look at my submit time I would probs be first one in as I knew time on pc would be limited (doing ground improvements at caveman park, so got the painters in). Would say take my CB but cant against top team. Was sure footie _lover14 would play a bonus so wanted best forward line I could get. Thought Cardiff at 1m was a gift but they had conceded 4 last week and Burnley had scored 4 so I thought fair enough Cardiff at home are better. I did mean to revisit on Friday to change Gray to Barnes as insurance but never got around to it. Gives extra edge to Cardiff v Burnley this pm. Not sure I would have spent 3m on Cardiff but at 1m I thought it a no brainer.
Don't really want to have to come back to this crummy little football ground next week - it looks like its hardly had anything done to it since its nonleague days.
Primitive Man, it appears you have edited this post from what you initially posted (I see you are now not mentioning you are willing to accepted the no Aguero & no captain punishment), can you share why🤣🤣

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

graydb wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 19:07 Forest fan - great game
Zimmerman- no offence
Rules are rules , there’s no yellow cards in the rules unless I’ve missed them.11:59 time slot
Can’t say I’ve read the rules, but there have been yellow cards in the previous three FISODAS seasons.

So I’m kind of guessing it’s accepted policy?

I’m assuming you’re aggrieved because youre on the end of a 4-0 (or is it 5-0) hiding ;)

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight
FS Record: Murfs Premiership Predictions Knockout Cup 13/14 Winner

Post by Ralfbergs »

I see there are lots of talks about penalties for team being over budget etc - isn't it possible to just put something underneath the place in widget where you make your picks, which shows the total sum of the team that you have chosen and shows an error if it is higher than 20 (or in case of that one bonus, higher than 25)? I mean - isn't this quite simple to do? That way this problem would be avoided altogether.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Zimmerman wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 19:51
graydb wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 19:07 Forest fan - great game
Zimmerman- no offence
Can’t say I’ve read the rules, but there have been yellow cards in the previous three FISODAS seasons.

So I’m kind of guessing it’s accepted policy?

I’m assuming you’re aggrieved because youre on the end of a 4-0 (or is it 5-0) hiding ;)
Yeah, the yellow card rule is an official one that was brought in a few seasons ago - it took away the element of discretion around late entries. Second offence means they lose their captain, third offence is just treated as a no-show. Surely nobody really wants to play a random team when there's an alternative?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Results:

Code: Select all

Premiership
Adlad                  1    Richt                  1
nathan247              1    zipnolan               3
morganb                1    Big Kev                4
graydb                 0    Zimmerman              5
Moist von Lipwig       0    Rick Spangle           1

Championship
Digsby                 0    Smurphy's Paw          3
Roodnose               3    wahine                 2
Malrom                 0    el_pappje              1
Fuzzy                  1    Spinynorman            1
Jester                 2    Spencer4               3

League One
Aldershot Rejects      2    samyadav               1
Rookster               2    Zuluwarrior            0
MoSe                   1    Barrydixey             2
Dennisthemenace        1    Wizardoffire           0
GregsEggs              1    TheBigLewandowski      1

League Two
barry                  0    Payner                 2
itslikebrandnew        2    topspur                1
gutshot                2    Bluenosey              1
Dickypick              0    Rob                    0
Footie-lover14         1    Primitive man          1

Conference
Geoffv                 2    sibrown4               1
S_sutton87             2    Ralfbergs              1
Droughton              1    jacool                 1
Just A Kiwi            2    jimmy ching            0
Minitoff               5    Talkie Toaster         0
The outcome of the gutshot v bluenosey match was not affected by the overspend issue, so that result will stand.

The Footie-lover14 v Primitive man match has now been updated with the original score after the players agreed to allow it to stand.

Both players involved in this lost their Cup matches, with or without their top priced striker and captain, so the Cup is unaffected.
Last edited by forestfan on 02 Oct 2018, 20:41, edited 2 times in total.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Tables:

Code: Select all

Premiership

P    W    D    L    F    A   GD  PTS
Rick Spangle            3    3    0    0   10    1    9    9
Zimmerman               3    2    0    1   10    5    5    6
Big Kev                 3    2    0    1    7    3    4    6
zipnolan                3    2    0    1    8    7    1    6
nathan247               3    1    1    1    6    7   -1    4
Adlad                   3    1    1    1    3    8   -5    4
morganb                 3    1    0    2    6    9   -3    3
--------------------------------------------------------------
graydb                  3    1    0    2    4    7   -3    3
Richt                   3    0    2    1    5    7   -2    2
Moist von Lipwig        3    0    0    3    3    8   -5    0

Rick Spangle extends his lead with another win.
A three-point gap to the trio behind him now.
MvL still waiting to get off the mark.

Championship

Fuzzy                   3    2    1    0   10    3    7    7
Spinynorman             3    2    1    0   10    5    5    7
Roodnose                3    2    0    1   10    5    5    6
Spencer4                3    2    0    1    7    9   -2    6
el_pappje               3    1    2    0    3    2    1    5
Digsby                  3    1    1    1    5    5    0    4
Smurphy's Paw           3    1    1    1    3    5   -2    4
Jester                  3    1    0    2   11    8    3    3
Malrom                  3    0    0    3    5   11   -6    0
wahine                  3    0    0    3    4   17  -13    0

Fuzzy maintains his slim lead at the top.
Spinynorman still almost matching him stride for stride.
Malrom and wahine still without a point this season.

League 1

Rookster                3    3    0    0   12    3    9    9
Barrydixey              3    3    0    0    7    4    3    9
TheBigLewandowski       3    2    1    0    9    4    5    7
Dennisthemenace         3    2    0    1    5    5    0    6
GregsEggs               3    1    2    0    7    6    1    5
MoSe                    3    1    0    2    8    6    2    3
Aldershot Rejects       3    1    0    2    5    7   -2    3
Zuluwarrior             3    0    1    2    4    9   -5    1
samyadav                3    0    0    3    5   10   -5    0
Wizardoffire            3    0    0    3    1    9   -8    0

Rookster keeps up his 100% start to the season.
Barrydixey also with a perfect record but trails on goal difference.
samyadav and Wizardoffire yet to register a point.

League 2

Payner                  3    2    1    0    7    1    6    7
Footie-lover14          3    2    1    0    7    2    5    7
itslikebrandnew         3    2    1    0    8    5    3    7
barry                   3    2    0    1    6    3    3    6
Rob                     3    1    1    1    8    5    3    4
Primitive man           3    1    1    1    4    3    1    4
gutshot                 3    1    0    2    5   11   -6    3
Dickypick               3    0    2    1    6    8   -2    2
topspur                 3    0    1    2    5    9   -4    1
Bluenosey               3    0    0    3    1   10   -9    0

Payner sneaks ahead of the pack into first place.
Footie-lover and ILBN behind on goal difference.
Bluenosey awaiting his first point.

Conference

Geoffv                  3    3    0    0    9    3    6    9
jimmy ching             3    2    0    1   12    2   10    6
sibrown4                3    2    0    1    6    3    3    6
S_sutton87              3    2    0    1    7    5    2    6
Just A Kiwi             3    2    0    1    4    4    0    6
Droughton               3    1    1    1    2    6   -4    4
Minitoff                3    1    0    2    6    7   -1    3
Ralfbergs               3    1    0    2    3    8   -5    3
jacool                  3    0    1    2    1    4   -3    1
Talkie Toaster          3    0    0    3    2   12  -10    0

Geoffv moves top with a three point lead.
jimmy ching suffers a first defeat to fall to second.
Talkie Toaster now the only one without a point on the board.
Last edited by forestfan on 02 Oct 2018, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Defenders Against Strikers (FISODAS) Games”