To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISODAS Season 31 Week 3 Player Lists & Prices

FISO Defenders Against Strikers (FISODAS) Games run by Jester (previously Shrews, Barry & Jester)
primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FISODAS Season 31 Week 3 Player Lists & Prices

Post by primitive man »

Happy with draw but if footie_lover14 wants a replay that is fine as that was the outcome but FF if a replay can my team be separate pick to my regular weekly match as I cant use a bonus against footie_lover14 but may want to play one in my weekly match? If so, I would submit weekly team by widget and footie~_lover14 team by pm.

footie-lover14
Kevin and Perry

Post by footie-lover14 »

I'm happy to take the draw and move on, I think its a lot less hassle and lets the game continue without inconveniencing anyone.
Roll on the next set of fixtures!!!

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

I'm in almost the same position as Season 30, when I joined in week 4 and started with 0 points and -15 goals. :lol: :lol:

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Talkie Toaster wrote: 02 Oct 2018, 00:33 I'm in almost the same position as Season 30, when I joined in week 4 and started with 0 points and -15 goals. :lol: :lol:
Yes but this time its your own doing!

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Ralfbergs wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 13:07 I see there are lots of talks about penalties for team being over budget etc - isn't it possible to just put something underneath the place in widget where you make your picks, which shows the total sum of the team that you have chosen and shows an error if it is higher than 20 (or in case of that one bonus, higher than 25)? I mean - isn't this quite simple to do? That way this problem would be avoided altogether.

I’ve always argued against this. Selecting a team within budget is a major part of the game. If the widget does the maths for you I think we lose an important element.

Not everyone uses the widget - by choice I agree.

Only my view.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Jester wrote: 02 Oct 2018, 18:14
Ralfbergs wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 13:07 I see there are lots of talks about penalties for team being over budget etc - isn't it possible to just put something underneath the place in widget where you make your picks, which shows the total sum of the team that you have chosen and shows an error if it is higher than 20 (or in case of that one bonus, higher than 25)? I mean - isn't this quite simple to do? That way this problem would be avoided altogether.

I’ve always argued against this. Selecting a team within budget is a major part of the game. If the widget does the maths for you I think we lose an important element.

Only my view.
I certainly strongly discourage manual entries, as they’re a bigger to process...

I’ve always liked the fact that you can submit a team that breaks the rules and the site won’t block it. It’s one of the unique challenges of this game, especially given the time of the week when most people submit their teams... though I have started to think that auto-validation would make my life easier! :lol:

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

forestfan wrote: 02 Oct 2018, 18:40

Only my view.
I certainly strongly discourage manual entries, as they’re a bigger to process...

I’ve always liked the fact that you can submit a team that breaks the rules and the site won’t block it. It’s one of the unique challenges of this game, especially given the time of the week when most people submit their teams... though I have started to think that auto-validation would make my life easier! :lol:
I may be wrong but I think the widget did have a total field for a week or two when it was first introduced however it was swiftly discarded due to the reasons above (allowing players to go over budget therefore incurring penalties as per the rules)

If you introduce a total then you may as well also add other validation to prevent two picks from the same team, etc.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Week 3 Stats:

Code: Select all

Defence             Val  Conc Pick DS
Man City                5    0   15    1
Tottenham               5    0    2    0
Burnley                 4    1    0    0
Wolves                  4    0    8    0
Arsenal                 4    0    1    1
Man Utd                 4    3    0    0
Leicester               4    0    0    0
Everton               3.5    0    2    0
Cardiff                 3    2    3    0
Liverpool               3    1    1    1
Newcastle               3    2    3    1
Southampton           2.5    2    1    0
Chelsea               2.5    1    4    0
Fulham                  2    3    7    1
Watford                 2    2    0    0
West Ham                2    1    3    0
Huddersfield          1.5    2    0    0
Brighton                1    2    0    0

Strikers            Val  Gls  Pick SOF  Cap
Aguero (MAN)            7    1   29    3    0
Kane (TOT)            6.5    2    9    0    0
Lacazette (ARS)         6    0    3    0    0
Salah (LIV)           5.7    0    1    0    1
Aubameyang (ARS)      5.4    0    7    0    0
Sterling (MAN)        5.1    1    6    0    0
Lukaku (MUN)          4.8    0   10    0    3
Mahrez (MAN)          4.6    0    2    0    0
Sane (MAN)            4.4    0    0    0    0
Son (TOT)             4.2    0    1    0    0
Hazard (CHE)            4    1   11    0    3
Vardy (LEI)           3.8    1   13    0    1
Mane (LIV)            3.6    0    0    0    0
Giroud (CHE)          3.4    0    0    0    0
Eriksen (TOT)         3.3    0    4    1    0
Firmino (LIV)         3.2    0    4    0    1
Sanchez (MUN)         3.1    0    0    0    0
Martial (MUN)           3    0    0    0    0
Richarlison (EVE)     2.9    0   23    0   16
Walcott (EVE)         2.8    0    1    0    1
Arnautovic (WHM)      2.7    1    5    0    2
Ramsey (ARS)          2.6    0    0    0    0
Jimenez (WOL)         2.5    0   19    0   12
Rondon (NEW)          2.4    0    1    0    0
Neves (WOL)           2.3    0    2    0    0
Maddison (LEI)        2.2    0   10    0    3
Mitrovic (FUL)        2.1    0   27    1    6
Ings (SOU)              2    0    8    0    1
Wood (BUR)            1.9    0    2    0    0
Murray (BHA)          1.9    0    0    0    0
Austin (SOU)          1.8    0    0    0    0
Deeney (WAT)          1.8    0    5    0    0
Barnes (BUR)          1.7    0   11    0    0
Joselu (NEW)          1.7    0    2    0    0
Gray (WAT)            1.6    0   10    0    0
Yarmolenko (WHM)      1.6    0    4    0    0
Schurrle (FUL)        1.5    0    7    0    0
Mounie (HUD)          1.5    0    1    0    0
Gross (BHA)           1.4    0    2    0    0
Reid (CAR)            1.4    0   10    0    0

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Results and League 2 table now updated on previous page.

barrydixey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISODAS - Conference winner 2009 FISO Goals - 20th 2008/09 - NOTHING SINCE!!

Post by barrydixey »

morganb wrote: 02 Oct 2018, 19:49

Only my view.

I may be wrong but I think the widget did have a total field for a week or two when it was first introduced however it was swiftly discarded due to the reasons above (allowing players to go over budget therefore incurring penalties as per the rules)

If you introduce a total then you may as well also add other validation to prevent two picks from the same team, etc.
100% agree. It's all part of it to ensure no overspend or duplicated players from the same team.
It's a great game so don't try to fix something that ain't broken.
Keep up the good work Forest and Rob.

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight
FS Record: Murfs Premiership Predictions Knockout Cup 13/14 Winner

Post by Ralfbergs »

barrydixey wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 00:00
morganb wrote: 02 Oct 2018, 19:49

Only my view.

100% agree. It's all part of it to ensure no overspend or duplicated players from the same team.
It's a great game so don't try to fix something that ain't broken.
Keep up the good work Forest and Rob.
First year I play this, so just seemed more logical to me if there would be some validations, in first GW I actually was looking for those validations and was surprised that they weren't there :D. And yeah I can imagine it would be much easier for forestfan running the game, but of course it is not a problem for me to play without it, especially if so many people like the traditional format :wink:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Apologies should not be postponed (furtherly), I blame the long break
_______
(!) taken out of its context, the quote below might sound slightly differently, but I want to isolate it to reference it, and there's always the link to check the context

I APOLOGISE for the wording of the following paragraph
MoSe wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 16:23
forestfan wrote: 29 Sep 2018, 15:12 [...] I'm certainly not allocating people defences they never intended picking just because they are the same price.
[...]
I think this is a VERY BIZARRE way to invoke such perfunctory respect of someone's "intention" only when it suits supporting your personal position :roll:
[...]
I DON'T THINK, and I didn't intend to mean, that FF motives are instrumental or malicious, although I realise my comment came out this way. I take it back.
   He later expounded what he exactly meant (in the following post), but I had interpreted his words in a different way. It was wrong from my part.
   I might have let a bit of bitterness slip thru, as I hold FF in so high standards, and it felt to me that he hadn't met the same level in this fray...
   (with the motives he brought on, not with his choices themselves as admin which I accepted as stated upfront)
...but any explanation apart, apologies were due, I'm sorry.

_____

That said, I'm not taking back anything else I posted in this topic, nor I feel I should apologise for anything else.
I would have also liked to further exchange comments on some concepts and ideas that went on getting posted in the following....
But I didn't want to be seen as one who only stirs up controversies, so I abstained. And I will, till the end of the season.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Mose why cant you just apologise without the rest of the words?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Defenders Against Strikers (FISODAS) Games”