To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT - Thoughts Appreciated

A forum for comment and discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) teams (EPL, Champions League and World Cup), including the 'FISO XI' TFF teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
ministryofsillywalks
Wideboy

RMT - Thoughts Appreciated

Post by ministryofsillywalks »

That time of the year again!

With the introduction of the new points scoring for GK's and Midfielders, it's taken me a while to think about the right approach for the upcoming season.

Massive shout out to the the guys at FF Stuff, their points analysis based on the scoring changes has been really really helpful.

I've now settled on the team below and would appreciate peoples thoughts:

GK: Sanchez - 2.9m - with the new rule changes, he would have an additional 28 points and that's from only playing 27 games. Add hopefully another 10 games to that, he looks to be excellent value at this price.

D: TAA - 5.4m - a very expensive option, but with Liverpool back to full strength and likely to begin racking up clean sheets again, I'd also imagine TAA having more freedom to roam and be involved in the goals too.

D: Shaw - 4.2m - obviously a very inform player, but one whom gets forward a lot and with the addition of Varane, Utd should have the potential for some more clean sheets this season.

D: James - 3.9m - Chelsea were very very solid after Tuchel took over last season and I see no reason why that would change. James started all but one of the games after he took over and played as a very attacking wingback with very dangerous crossing. Hopefully with the addition of Lukaku, James can notch a few assists, too.

D: Rudiger - 3.8m - great price for the guy who really makes a difference in that back 3.

D: Bertrand - 3.3m - always been a fan, very consistent and slots straight into an experienced and solid Leicester team.

M: Salah - 7.0m - not sure much of an explanation needed here, but plays as a striker and will be at the top end of goals again I'm sure.

M: Fernandes - 6.7m - sure to be the main man again. On set pieces, always involved in goals and pretty much a must have.

M: Bissouma - 2.8m - top in terms of numbers of tackles last season, with 104. That should be an additional 43 points, making him massive value.

M: Gallagher - 2.7m - was on loan at West Brom last year, now with Palace. God box-to-box midfielder and was 5th in the midfielders in terms of tackles, from 30 games.

A: Kane - 7.0m - simply having him there to keep the value stored, as I know he won't be playing the first week, so will decide on Saturday who to step in, but as soon as he's fit, Kane will be coming in. Either him or Lukaku.

That leaves 0.3m left in the bank just incase.

Thoughts?

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Re: RMT - Thoughts Appreciated

Post by raoul »

looks pretty good to me, both structure and actual selections.

Personally I think there is good early value in cheaper Forwards (Antonio, Jota) - they might be short term selections once Firmino returns (and Antonio inevitably gets injured) but whatever Kane does I think he will need a game or two to settle, and unless Lukaku turns up for GW1 I think he is a case of later rather than now.

Completely agree with Bissouma though. And BHA have decent fixtures to start.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”