To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfer Advice

A forum for comment and discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) teams (EPL, Champions League and World Cup), including the 'FISO XI' TFF teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
ministryofsillywalks
Wideboy

Transfer Advice

Post by ministryofsillywalks »

Hey all,

I'm sure I speak for a lot of managers out there at the moment - what is going on?! Football so far this season has been stupidly unpredictable and all best laid plans at the start of the season are now up in the air. Me included!

I've a small mini-league with mates and I'm mid-table, but very aware I need to make changes. I've listed my team below with thoughts, would be really helpful if someone can throw some advice my way.

Team Value: 49.9m

GK: Meslier - 2.1m - don't really see any value in changing him at 2.1m, he's there as a season long enabler?

D: Bardsely - 2.3m - in my wisdom, I saw him as a good enabler as Burnley are normally pretty reliable. Seems this season they've been found out, not strengthened at all in the window and could be in for a long, difficult season

D: Davies - 3.2m - with Reguilón now in place, Davies will be benched and he will need to be replaced.

D: TAA - 5.6m - putting the 7-2 aside, they don't look as solid as they were, nor do anyone at the moment.

D: Tierney - 3.2m - seems to be a regular now and part of an improving side, and relatively cheap?

Defensive thoughts: potentially need to get rid of TAA, Davies and Bardsley and move to 3 at the back, go cheap and chase goals?

M: Salah - 6.8m - he's probably the only reason I'm mid-table in the mini league at the moment!

M: Havertz - 4.8m - watch a lot of German football and was surprised to seem him quite cheap when he joined, but Chelsea look like they're taking a while to click. Plenty of options in their front line too, so risk of rotation now.

M: Fernandes - 6.2m - he's expensive, but seems to be worth it? Always involved and takes penalties.

M: De Bruyne - 6.5m - hard to argue against him? Ever present, always involved and hopefully City will get back to their free scoring ways soon.

M: Greenwood - 3.6m - I had planned to have him in all season long, a cheap way into a Utd attack which rarely has problems scoring. With Cavani joining, someone is going to have to give way?

Midfield thoughts: Feel like I need to have more penalty takers in here given how often they're going to be happening?

S: Werner - 5.6m - Doesn't seem to have slotted in, yet.

Striker thoughts: Help?

People who I'm thinking about:

Calvert Lewin, Son, Kane, Calum Wison, Jiminez - mainly all because of goals.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Transfer Advice

Post by murf »

I ditched Werner if that helps. May not be getting more points (yet?) but Havertz looks more at home.

Also about who you want to get in as much as who you want to ditch. You have some "ok" players who you could still sacrifice for someone you really want - or you could sit tight and wait for the sesson to settle.

Tom QC
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 20/21 - 81st overall
TFF Euros 2021 - 25th overall (more importantly won FISO league)

Post by Tom QC »

Of your picks, the only ones which I think are "must ditch" status are Davies and Greenwood. Lots of good alternatives for similar and cheaper prices.

Like Murf I've also swapped out Werner but that doesn't mean it's the right move, he could easily come good.

ministryofsillywalks
Wideboy

Post by ministryofsillywalks »

Thanks, both.

Who would be on your shortlist for replacements?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

ministryofsillywalks wrote:Thanks, both.

Who would be on your shortlist for replacements?
If there is nobody you specifically feel you need then maybe stick?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”