To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) teams (EPL, Champions League and World Cup), including the 'FISO XI' TFF teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

RMT

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Feedback appreciated for this team. I've avoided players on world cup duty that might get an extra week or two off, and tried to pick from teams that don't have a hard start. I'll be bringing in players like Aubameyang after the first couple of fixtures, and a few world cup stars. I may have to downgrade Sanchez depending on how he does and once the easy fixtures are done for Everton i'll swap Tosun to a cheap mid to free up cash for Kane etc.

Pope 3.2m
Ward 3m
Van Aanholt 3.2m
Robertson 3.8m
Hoilett 2.9m
Sane 4.9m
Salah 6m
Sanchez 5.6m
Tosun 5.5m
Wood 4.5m
Aguero 6.8m

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

Re: RMT

Post by Giggs11 »

There's no easy fixtures at the start of the season, only unpredictability.
I would have thought that you of all people would realise this with the way you started with Huddersfield last season :wink:
On the other hand, if you think that Everton have an easy start then Coleman & Baines are surely the way to go in defence.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Giggs11 wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 14:19 There's no easy fixtures at the start of the season, only unpredictability.
I would have thought that you of all people would realise this with the way you started with Huddersfield last season :wink:
On the other hand, if you think that Everton have an easy start then Coleman & Baines are surely the way to go in defence.
No chance i'll be putting too much faith in Everton. Too many people went Everton mad at the beginning of last season and it didn't work.

Yep i get the unpredictability, partly why i've tried not to go with too many players from the same team.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Prepare to be frustrated whilst holding Aguero. Pep rotated him a lot with Jesus when both were fit last season. I remember looking forward to the Stoke home game and rightly so as city scored 7. Well Aguero didn't even make it onto the pitch as he was left as an unused sub :cry:

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

I won't be going near Burnley players if they progress into the group Europa stages, I think it will screw them over. A combination of a small squad and hard running style is made for a 40 game season not 50+.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Darbyand wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 22:46 I won't be going near Burnley players if they progress into the group Europa stages, I think it will screw them over. A combination of a small squad and hard running style is made for a 40 game season not 50+.
shhhh, they will be lucky to stay up if they hit the Group Stages, imho.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 22:28 Prepare to be frustrated whilst holding Aguero. Pep rotated him a lot with Jesus when both were fit last season. I remember looking forward to the Stoke home game and rightly so as city scored 7. Well Aguero didn't even make it onto the pitch as he was left as an unused sub :cry:
He won't be staying long. I had the same problems last season with the Sky game and kept chasing Man City strikers and wasted too many transfers going backwards and forwards. I'll have a completely different team week 5.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Darbyand wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 22:46 I won't be going near Burnley players if they progress into the group Europa stages, I think it will screw them over. A combination of a small squad and hard running style is made for a 40 game season not 50+.
This team will change fairly quickly when the big hitters come back from world cup duty and i may have to downgrade my Burnley players.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Redone my team....spend the whole 50m, anyone any thoughts on this team ?

Fabianski
Ward
Douglas
Morrison
Salah
Sessegnon
Jota
Sanchez
Aguero
Kane
Aubameyang

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Amazing firepower up top and defenders known to get goals and assists. My only concern would be a potential lack of cleansheets - you would need amazing returns from the front players to keep up with the block defences.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 20:33 Amazing firepower up top and defenders known to get goals and assists. My only concern would be a potential lack of cleansheets - you would need amazing returns from the front players to keep up with the block defences.
Thanks for the feedback, i've got to dump Douglas now but your feedback got me thinking. Perhaps i should block defence this team with a couple of options. Not sure there would be much choice though but i could get 3 games out of Cardiff to start with. Not checked who else i could do with the cash available though.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”