To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Early thoughts, based on likely playing time and Aug/Sep fixtures...

A forum for comment and discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) teams (EPL, Champions League and World Cup), including the 'FISO XI' TFF teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
FFF
Wideboy

Early thoughts, based on likely playing time and Aug/Sep fixtures...

Post by FFF »

4-3-3:

GK: Forster SOT 3.0

DF: Cedric SOT 3.2
DF: Bertrand SOT 3.6
DF: Trippier TOT 3.8
DF: Dawson WBA 3.0

MF: Alli TOT 5.8
MF: Ritchie NEW 3.2
MF: Redmond SOT 3.8

ST: Kane TOT 7.0
ST: Sanchez ARS 7.0
ST: Lukaku MUN 6.6

Total 50m

Southampton's start is potentially v straightforward and their new boss looks set to firm up the defence, so a half-block doesn't seem too outlandish a gamble. I'll leave the CKs until we know how they're settling into life in the PL and concentrate on players with previous form. Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton have reasonably tricky starts, and no-one knows how City or Liverpool will set up in attack, so happy to wait until this becomes more clear and the key individuals emerge. Toon and Baggies also have relatively gentle starts. Dawson looks underpriced, Ritchie's on penners and was their second most potent threat from open play last season so will start if he recovers from his knock. Will gauge Sanchez's appetite in pre-season/CS, but on the last few seasons' form it's bewildering how few are looking at him, especially if he's also teeing-up Lacazette this year. There's a potential that Spurs might start slowly, but little actual evidence to suggest Wembley will blunt them, so happy to have one in each line. Lukaku is nailed on to start as the focal point of Utd's attack and again the early fixtures look kind. 40 transfers makes it viable to put a few eggs in the same basket and not feel you're burning too many transfers before Christmas. Thoughts welcome.

jimborogers
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Early thoughts, based on likely playing time and Aug/Sep fixtures...

Post by jimborogers »

I think it's a bit top heavy but that's your decision and doesn't make it a bad team! I think Lacazette and ozil provide good alternatives for a lot cheaper. And ozil is rumoured to be about to sign a new contract for £285,000 a week. I just think that with Sanchez not being there central striker and wanting to leave is the reason people haven't gone with him! For example you could swap Sanchez and Redmond for Kdb and ozil. I'm not sure Redmond will be first choice. Austin and gabbiadini are pushing for starts! Good luck!

Fergi222
FISOhead
FS Record: DreamTeam Champion 20/21, Highest FPL Rank 715th, Top 100 in Sky and TFF

Post by Fergi222 »

Redmond started wells last year but faded, be interesting to see how SOT attack fare as supposedly their new manager is quite defensive minded.

I don't think Sanchez will be as much value for money this year, playing out wide and expends a lot of funds in attack with in my mind the essential Kane and Lukaku.

I like the rest, only thing maybe to consider is you will have to make 2 transfers to upgrade a defender which is not ideal.

I have Ritchie in my draft and hope he will be a bargain at that price.

FFF
Wideboy

Post by FFF »

jimborogers wrote:I think it's a bit top heavy but that's your decision and doesn't make it a bad team! I think Lacazette and ozil provide good alternatives for a lot cheaper. And ozil is rumoured to be about to sign a new contract for £285,000 a week. I just think that with Sanchez not being there central striker and wanting to leave is the reason people haven't gone with him! For example you could swap Sanchez and Redmond for Kdb and ozil. I'm not sure Redmond will be first choice. Austin and gabbiadini are pushing for starts! Good luck!
Thanks Jimbo. I'd normally go for two big guns up top, but the pricing this year is generous enough to fit three in without compromising too much in other areas. I'm just not convinced by Ozil - started brilliantly when he first joined them but has largely disappointed since. Ramsey or Willian might be better value at 0.8 and 0.9 less respectively. KdB is one of those frustrating players who has only done well when not in my team in the past (!) and like I said, are we sure how City will line up, i.e. how far forward he'll feature if Jesus and Aguero are both going to play? Tempted by Laca, but he's an unknown quantity PL-wise, and until it's clear he's more Henry than Wiltord I'll keep a watching brief... :wink:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Dawson showing good goal scoring form in pre season with 1 today in their 2-0 loss to Palace.....

FFF
Wideboy

Post by FFF »

Fergi222 wrote:Redmond started wells last year but faded, be interesting to see how SOT attack fare as supposedly their new manager is quite defensive minded.

I don't think Sanchez will be as much value for money this year, playing out wide and expends a lot of funds in attack with in my mind the essential Kane and Lukaku.

I like the rest, only thing maybe to consider is you will have to make 2 transfers to upgrade a defender which is not ideal.

I have Ritchie in my draft and hope he will be a bargain at that price.
Thanks Ferg. Agreed, Kane and Lukaku look nailed-on picks if they stay fit. Starting wide hasn't exactly affected Hazard's numbers in the past, and we don't know how Laca's going to go yet... even if he does pick up from where he left off at Lyon, Sanchez's assist count might help compensate for the fewer goals. Fair point re the defensive upgrade - Ince for Redmond frees up 0.7 which could turn Bertrand into a Chelsea or Man U option, but I'm loath to go for two promoted midfielders in a three... the sort of decisions we are all juggling with at this stage I guess!

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

jimborogers wrote: I just think that with Sanchez not being there central striker and wanting to leave is the reason people haven't gone with him!
Pretty sure you're right. I'm picking my starting XIs on the basis of wanting 33 starts before the international break which co-incides with the end of the transfer window. Nothing worse than a player being put on the bench because "his head isn't right" ahead of a move whether it happens or not. Can always fix things in early September when we've had a look at what's happened.

FFF
Wideboy

Post by FFF »

murf wrote:Dawson showing good goal scoring form in pre season with 1 today in their 2-0 loss to Palace.....
'Og' would have been far quicker to write! :wink: I'm looking at those early fixtures, and McAuley's legs have 74 years between them now, so CD looks the best Baggies option for me.

FFF
Wideboy

Post by FFF »

Darbyand wrote:
jimborogers wrote: I just think that with Sanchez not being there central striker and wanting to leave is the reason people haven't gone with him!
Pretty sure you're right. I'm picking my starting XIs on the basis of wanting 33 starts before the international break which co-incides with the end of the transfer window. Nothing worse than a player being put on the bench because "his head isn't right" ahead of a move whether it happens or not. Can always fix things in early September when we've had a look at what's happened.
As it says in the thread title, I'm looking for playing time myself, so if it's clear that either Redmond or Sanchez aren't going to feature in the starting XI, I'll be looking elsewhere. Only pre-season I know, but Arsenal looked pretty awful without Alexis that first half just now. (Stop press: Lacazette subbed and Chelsea now 3 up!) For me, the best alternative option to those two would probably be Jesus, Willian + 0.8m to upgrade the defence if required.

FFF
Wideboy

Post by FFF »

Update:

3-4-3:

MF: Ritchie NEW 3.2
MF: Willian CHE 4.1 - most likely early creative threat until Hazard's back - has Morata to feed. Can be switched to Zaha or Salah easily enough.
MF: KdB MCY 5.7 - assists galore in Pep's new 3-5-2 set-up and the least likely to be rotated of Citeh's attacking jewels.

ST: Kane TOT 7.0
ST: Gayle NEW 3.8 - worth a punt at that price and Toon have a decent start on paper.

Total: 49.8m

Out: Dawson, Redmond, Sanchez

I reckon that's an upgrade, but comments welcome of course, cheers!

FFF
Wideboy

Post by FFF »

Further tinkering as I can swap a potentially slow-starting Kane and my enabler Ritchie for two potential top-class bargains in Jesus and Salah. The rotation risk seems to be getting less with these two and it also removes the over-reliance on Spurs and Newcastle. What do you reckon?

3-4-3:

MF: Salah LIV 4.5
MF: Willian CHE 4.1
MF: KdB MCY 5.7

ST: Jesus MCY 5.9
ST: Gayle NEW 3.8

Total: 50.0m

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Have you seen Southampton's pre-season form?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I'm guessing not.

FFF
Wideboy

Post by FFF »

I could lose the SOT semi-block by downgrading either Alli or KdB (probably Alli) for Zaha and bringing in Alonso and Valencia for the two SOT DEFs...

FFF
Wideboy

Post by FFF »

This definitely looks a nicely balanced upgrade to get the season off to a solid start. If Trippier's injury is as bad as feared, will draft Vertonghen in for similar points...

3-4-3:

DF: Alonso CHE 4.3
DF: Valencia MUN 4.1
DF: Vertonghen TOT 3.9

MF: Zaha CRY 4.1
MF: Salah LIV 4.5
MF: Willian CHE 4.1
MF: KdB MCY 5.7

ST: Jesus MCY 5.9
ST: Gayle NEW 3.8

Total: 50.0m

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Gayle's injured, isn't he?

FFF
Wideboy

Post by FFF »

Yes, pretty well as soon as I posted I saw that he was questionable with a hamstring injury. Same price as Trippier and playing in the same match, so can keep a watching brief in the hope that one of them is fit! If not, there are several decent defensive options at 3.8 or under for a starting 4-4-2, or back to Redmond or Ritchie in a 3-5-2...

FFF
Wideboy

Post by FFF »

Not sure if it's some kind of record, but I've managed to change my entire outfield 10 since I started this thread! What do you reckon? Willian could yet become Zaha or Vertonghen, but the rest are pretty well set now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Up the Villa

Post by Midlander »

Zaha will be the standout man for Palace this season and rarely be subbed off. Willian will be a bit part player for Chelsea. No brainer imo.

FFF
Wideboy

Post by FFF »

I still fancy Willian could have a solid start to the season and agree Zaha is worth a punt. Valencia can come in if either disappoint, but damn it, let's go goals! Final starting selection ready to fire (or flop!) Thanks everyone for your words of wisdom...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”