To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Bets on this weeks rounds

A forum for Fantasy Football games run by Fanball (via the Sky Sports website).
CBB
Grumpy Old Mackem
FS Record: SKY Sports 2007 Manager of the Month

Bets on this weeks rounds

Post by CBB »

I'm betting (as we stand tonight) and after looking at their lockdown rounds that this week runs from Wed to Sat night. Next week starts on Sunday. Anyone interpreting this differently? I have emailed them. Just wondering what this week's consensus is.

Jeberdy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jeberdy »

Im pretty sure the round will include all next weekend games and the midweek games.
The different time is now just part of their standard weekly screw-up.

Leehweb
Treebeard

Post by Leehweb »

Not got a clue! Let me know if you hear anything, I currently have 11 players consisting of Everton, Spurs, Watford and Wigan!

Still convinced that only these matches will take place!

:oops: :oops:

Will completely backfire if this is the case!

Jeberdy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jeberdy »

Leehweb wrote:Not got a clue! Let me know if you hear anything, I currently have 11 players consisting of Everton, Spurs, Watford and Wigan!

Still convinced that only these matches will take place!

:oops: :oops:

Will completely backfire if this is the case!
Well, i have 11 players consisting of Everton, Spurs, and Wigan players and i think that the weekend will be included.

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Post by scopsm »

My guess is that the round will run from Wednesday 19.40 to Sunday evening.

They have Watford-Wigan listed as Round 24 on the Fixtures List but not Everton-Spurs.

Have emailed them also just to be sure.

Surprised you all picked your players so soon though given the deadline is 19.40 on Wednesday.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

my view just the two games count this week from wednesday.

have e-mailed the american idiots to see if i get a response in time.

odds against i fear :evil:

i'm sure there was someone from the forum who has spoken to them - any chance of trying to get them to wise up - surely next lockdown should be 12.40 feb 24 :roll:

andy

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Tel of Ealing »

I believe Wed's 2 games will be put with the weekend's to make GW24.
An extra game week (23.5) for these 2 games would mean unbudgeted extra weekly prizes to be paid.And more losses is the last thing these retards need!

CBB
Grumpy Old Mackem

Post by CBB »

El Tel of Ealing wrote:I believe Wed's 2 games will be put with the weekend's to make GW24.
An extra game week (23.5) for these 2 games would mean unbudgeted extra weekly prizes to be paid.And more losses is the last thing these retards need!
But a few transfers made as we all transfer players from Weds teams and then have to transfer them out again Sat :shock:

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

minor pm'd me to say he thinks these two will be squeezed in to make a single gameweek. so i guess he is right.

although it could end up a blue day with the american idiots :lol: :evil:

andy
Last edited by 12345678 on 19 Feb 2007, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

CBB
Grumpy Old Mackem

Post by CBB »

12345678 wrote:minor,

pm'd me to say he thinks these two will be squeezed in to make a single gameweek. so i guess he is right.

although it could end up a blue day with the american idiots :lol: :evil:

andy
If we're all picking teams based on the double games scenario and then there are two sets of games then we wont miss out. We'll just have to make a few transfers Fri night. Anyway, we'll all get an email from Sky tomorrow saying what's happening :P

Leehweb
Treebeard

Post by Leehweb »

Any news, starting to panic which way to go now!

:?: :?:

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

i did say originally that the gameweek started saturdays.so these 2 games should be the only ones.but you never know :roll:

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

i tried posting on the moderators forum on fanball but got no help at all. got no response to e-mails, even sent one to one of their main men but all has met with nothing except automated responses.

i think the times/sun still edge it as the worst run games but fear fanball has now edged past the herald into 2nd place.

i think this is one of those occasions where it may be best to bet each way due to the ineptitude of the american idiots otherwise i fear you will be risking a blue day :wink:

andy

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

I though it was pretty obvious that this week is going to be the midweeks and this weekend... it makes sense really!

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

apart from the fact that every other single round has been scored from 1st kick off starting fom saturday until friday evening :wink:

truly crass and pathetic that they now refuse to address any e-mails - might as well just give them abuse now as they don't respond tto anything containing common decency and sense :evil:

andy

Leehweb
Treebeard

Post by Leehweb »

So based on what the system is telling us re-opens at 5pm Saturday and therefore the matches listed below goes into the following week along with the Saturday fixtures???

Can't see that happening.....

Sunday, 25 February 2007
Blackburn v Portsmouth, 15:00
Tottenham v Bolton, 15:00
Wigan v Newcastle, 13:00

Saturday, 03 March 2007
Arsenal v Reading, 15:00
Fulham v Aston Villa, 15:00
Liverpool v Man Utd, 12:45
Man City v Wigan, 15:00
Newcastle v Middlesbrough, 15:00
Portsmouth v Chelsea, 17:15
Sheff Utd v Everton, 15:00
Watford v Charlton, 15:00

How strange....

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

correct and blindingly stupid.

obviously none of us trust the windows either as they have often been posted wrongly in the past.

andy

Miles Offside
Wideboy
FS Record: MOTM Oct09 TFF cup Q/F

Post by Miles Offside »

I know it makes sense to put midweek games with all the weekend games so that is how I am playing it but expecting to find on saturday that access to teams etc denied and that sundays games will be forgotten and we will be asking that same old question "what about sundays points????"

But the fixture list for round 24 does include ALL the weekend games and if you look back to Round 18 fixtures it puts watford v wigan in round 24 so i expect everton v tottenham to be also. :?

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Post by scopsm »

I asked them the following last week on 17th Feb and got a reply just now.
So all the matches below are in Round 24 as I see it.

'Hi,
Can you confirm that these are the fixtures to be included for Round 24 which closes at 19.40 on 21st February?
Round 24 will run from 19.40 21st February to Saturday 3rd March 12.45. Correct?

21-Feb-07 Watford vs. Wigan Athletic 19:45
21-Feb-07 Everton vs. Tottenham Hotspur 20:00
24-Feb-07 Middlesbrough vs. Reading 15:00
24-Feb-07 Tottenham Hotspur vs. Bolton 15:00
24-Feb-07 Watford vs. Everton 17:15
24-Feb-07 Wigan Athletic vs. Newcastle United 15:00
24-Feb-07 Manchester City vs. Chelsea 15:00
24-Feb-07 Liverpool vs. Sheffield United 15:00
24-Feb-07 Fulham vs. Manchester United 12:45
24-Feb-07 Charlton Athletic vs. West Ham United 15:00
24-Feb-07 Blackburn Rovers vs. Portsmouth 15:00
24-Feb-07 Aston Villa vs. Arsenal 15:00

Also, note the following fixtures from above are on Sunday 25th:
Sun, 25/02/2007 13:00
Wigan v Newcastle
Sun, 25/02/2007 15:00
Blackburn v Portsmouth
Tottenham v Bolton'

The reply from them received just now is:

Paul,

Thank you for contacting Fantasy Football Challenge Customer Service. Round 24 will include games from the 21st through March 2nd. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.

CBB
Grumpy Old Mackem

Post by CBB »

Just had an email. Round 24 includes tonights and all weekend (Sat and Sun games)

Leehweb
Treebeard

Post by Leehweb »

So this means then that Watford, Wigan, Spurs and Everton are the only teams to place twice??

Have I got this correct?

Merlins_Apprentice
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Merlins_Apprentice »

I see tonights update has already been done without the Everton - Spurs game, am i jumping the gun and not giving them time to add this extra game that finished 15 minutes later?.... :roll: or experienced their incompetence so much that i can predict this game will go missing till enough emails and phone calls have been sent in fanballs direction :wink:

time will tell

On another point, i saw in the stats as they were updating 6 clearances for leighton baines, yet now they are finished it shows 1. Why did it drop down 5?.. Thats the major problem with this game, its great for stats, but there is just no way of knowing if the points are right or wrong, i didnt watch the game but find it incredible he would only have made one clearance all night teamed up with the fact that it said 6 at the start of the update...
Last edited by Merlins_Apprentice on 21 Feb 2007, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.

CBB
Grumpy Old Mackem

Post by CBB »

Merlins_Apprentice wrote:I see tonights update has already been done without the Everton - Spurs game, am i jumping the gun and not giving them time to add this extra game that finished 15 minutes later?.... :roll: or experienced their incompetence so much that i can predict this game will go missing for till enough emails and phone calls have been sent in fanballs direction :wink:

time will tell
Was so on the cards that this would happen. Who is going to lead the email charge :?:

Merlins_Apprentice
Grumpy Old Man

12345678 wrote: i think the times/sun still edge it as the worst run games but fear fanball has now edged past the herald into 2nd place.
Andy, i know from previous threads your distaste for the times/sun but fear this may be clouding your judgment for the point that surely there can be no shadow of a doubt that this is the worst run pay game ever...from the updates to the service, it is truly appauling.

There is not one good thing anyone can say about it??? or is there...theres a challenge...... someone please give me a positive comment about this game!! :?

CBB
Grumpy Old Mackem

Post by CBB »

Does a nice web page :D

Merlins_Apprentice
Grumpy Old Man

CBB wrote:Does a nice web page :D
1. Doesnt work completely with I.E 7
2. If i ever look at players stats (by clicking on a player then full profile) for more than 2 or 3 players on the trot, then make changes and try to save my team, it will not save - it hangs, i have to close every open I.E window (v6 and 7) and then reopen the site to save.
3. various other times i am unable to get into the site without clearing my cache, closing all windows and again going to the site..
4. when you want to buy more transfers the default option is to buy another team...why???...hoping you make a mistake no doubt and line their coffers even more
5. Why cant you buy blocks of 4 transfers in one go, instead my bank statments are littered with £1 skilljam entries :oops: , rather than a nice £3 one per team :D

Still think its agood website? :? :D :twisted:

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

i think you are right MA by replying to some players queries as to what games are included in this round and not replying to others they have probably just about edged it although if you saw some of the disgraceful correspondence i had with the times a year or two back you would probably realise it is not that clearcut.

i think you also have to factor in the money the times and sun (particularly mkes) then look at how hopeless they are :x

these two are clearly the worst run pay games of all time though.

andy

CBB
Grumpy Old Mackem

Post by CBB »

Merlins_Apprentice wrote:
CBB wrote:Does a nice web page :D
1. Doesnt work completely with I.E 7
2. If i ever look at players stats (by clicking on a player then full profile) for more than 2 or 3 players on the trot, then make changes and try to save my team, it will not save - it hangs, i have to close every open I.E window (v6 and 7) and then reopen the site to save.
3. various other times i am unable to get into the site without clearing my cache, closing all windows and again going to the site..
4. when you want to buy more transfers the default option is to buy another team...why???...hoping you make a mistake no doubt and line their coffers even more
5. Why cant you buy blocks of 4 transfers in one go, instead my bank statments are littered with £1 skilljam entries :oops: , rather than a nice £3 one per team :D

Still think its agood website? :? :D :twisted:
Just to look at. Wasn't implying any more :D The game's really pis!*ed you off tonight :( Let it go. We're fighting a lost cause. I was told tonight they couldn't correct my score (from a previous one of their mess ups) as it'll affect the integrity of the game :shock: :shock:

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

CBB wrote:
Merlins_Apprentice wrote:I see tonights update has already been done without the Everton - Spurs game, am i jumping the gun and not giving them time to add this extra game that finished 15 minutes later?.... :roll: or experienced their incompetence so much that i can predict this game will go missing for till enough emails and phone calls have been sent in fanballs direction :wink:

time will tell
Was so on the cards that this would happen. Who is going to lead the email charge :?:
not me.im top :lol: leave it as it is.round over :D
on a serious note.why am i not surprised :roll: still got arteta/lennon/anchibe and keanes score to go with the 94.
got a team on 18 with spurs block/jenas/berbatov(captain) and keane.

CBB
Grumpy Old Mackem

Post by CBB »

I've emailed :evil:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fanball Sky Sports (Game ceased)”