Post by Gravesy »

Unlucky guys :(

So only Mike_ left then?

Go on son bring it home :D

adlad
Grumpy Old Man

Re: APAT Forum Championship - FISO Entry

Post by adlad »

Spirey must have had some kind of close race, his chips weren't in much danger as far as we know! Kiz's exit was kind of expected due to his short stack, but he's managed to finish in the money and bags himself £100. Well played to both Spirey and kizkiz who have done excellently to finish this well. Now FISO's destiny is in Mike's hands!

Go Mike! :D

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

How did Spirey manage to get knocked out so quickly when he was chip leader on his table :shock: . I bet beer was involved.

adlad
Grumpy Old Man

Post by adlad »

Spencer4 wrote:How did Spirey manage to get knocked out so quickly when he was chip leader on his table :shock: . I bet beer was involved.
Yeah, its a shame, but perhaps his odds were too good to fold, and he got unlucky. Whatever happened, he'll tell us when he gets back :). It sounds like he took a gamble, and if so I admire him for that - 'go big or go home' is my motto ;)

Good tournament strategy is to play aggressive on the bubble too (though Harrington says if you have plenty of chips and are only a couple places away from top prize, that you should even fold aces preflop!).

adlad
Grumpy Old Man

Post by adlad »

sick alert

JophnelBracey raises

Rod Buckman pushes

Tim Magnus calls all in

Johnel calls

Johnel 2 black aces
Tim 2 red aces
Rod two red kings

board 10 K 10 7 K!!!

270K pot, Rod 300,000 now

Tim Magnus OUT 18th

Johnel Bracey OUT 17th

Bristol well placed to win the whole thing now
Wow, thats crazy. Come on Mike! Get to that final table and win ;).

adlad
Grumpy Old Man

Post by adlad »

Mike Hodgkiss of FISO OUT 16th ak v Offless QQ
Damnit! Excellent performance though guys, and was fun to follow along. Couple of individual cash finishes and still a chance to finish in the money as a team I think? We're proud :)

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

Well played lads, did us proud.

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

Well done guys!

Gravesy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gravesy »

Good job guys, done a stellar job. :mrgreen:

Maybe a team finish in the top 3?

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Well done all :P

And let's not forget that FISO isn't a poker forum per se - so that makes it an even greater achievement.

adlad
Grumpy Old Man

Post by adlad »

RomynPG wrote:Well done all :P

And let's not forget that FISO isn't a poker forum per se - so that makes it an even greater achievement.

Yep! Next time there's an event like this, I'll make more effort to see if I can make it - it seems like lots of fun :).

adlad
Grumpy Old Man

Post by adlad »

http://www.thenutz.tv/videodetail.php?video_id=67133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Haha, "Come on FISO!" :D.

Grant
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Grant »

Good work chaps. No wonder the FISO games are of a good standard! Really must get back into playing, have hardly touched a table for a couple of months.

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

adlad wrote:http://www.thenutz.tv/videodetail.php?video_id=67133

Haha, "Come on FISO!" :D.
:lol:

but what's this Fy-So business - we all know it's Fee-So :wink:

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

adlad wrote:Next time there's an event like this, I'll make more effort to see if I can make it - it seems like lots of fun :).
Me too - although will I be in FISO-A or FISO-B? - cos given notice we could even get 2 teams together.

(Had a great time last year when Spencer and I railed Pasty at the Poker-God tourney - this event looks even better)

Gravesy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gravesy »

APAT Forum wrote:points situation

the following teams final points scores

time for poker 7
ladies in poker 11
AWOP 22
Gambling UK 22
blonde 37
Punters Lounge 39
LPM 51
Furness 57
THMF 57
Newcastle 75
APAT 88
FISO 122

POINTS STILL TO BE SCORED

Chezger 0
Poker Player 5
UKFF 21
Gutshot 24
UKPL 25
EMS 44
Bristol 65
Raise the River 89

50 for 1st, 49 for 2nd etc
and
APAT Forum wrote:final table draw and chip counts

1 RICH OFFLESS CHEZGER 318,000

2 ROSS JOHNSON POKER PLAYER 309,000

3 DALE LEIGHTON UKPL 181,000

4 STEVE TALBOT EMS 333,000

5 MARY MARTIN RAISE THE RIVER 167,000

6 NATHAN SAMUEL UKFF 91,000

7 ANDREW BAILEY GUTSHOT 137,000

8 ROD BUCKMAN BRISTOL 253,000

9 PAUL SMITH BRISTOL 232,000

Blinds 6,000-12,000 for 18 mins more

dinner break
A bit of maths and I think that means Bristol 1st, Raise the River 2nd and FISO 3rd :D

adlad
Grumpy Old Man

Post by adlad »

I'm not sure AGrave, I hope so but I think it's a bit confusing the way they've put it.

crabby
Dumbledore

Post by crabby »

You can see a video of Spirey getting knocked out. Board of J 8 4 2 he goes all in with AJ only to find the other guy with trip 4's.

adlad
Grumpy Old Man

Post by adlad »

ok the final is getting under way

the team part is already decided due to points scores and minimum points guaranteed from now

3rd Fantasy interactive Spots Online £1,000

2nd Raise the River £1,500

1st Bristol and South West Meet Up £2,500 plus £1,000 from Blue Square

Well done all!

on with the action
You're right then AGrave :D. Well done guys! Total winnings should be £1200 then. Excellent stuff.

adlad
Grumpy Old Man

Post by adlad »

Just watched the video of Spirey going out on the bubble. Very unlucky, going against a guy with a set (I assume it was a set, and not just trips) of 4's. I suppose the only thing you can do is watch for a read on the flop :(.

kizkiz
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO autumn 2009 poker world champ and 8 game champ

Post by kizkiz »

we did come 3rd! No luck for mike or spirey today. I managed to hang around with jj vs at and a7 vs 5t had to river an ace there lol. Got in again with kt vs 66 flop was 6kt lol. I was bb last hand day 1 for 6k. I then am bb first hand today for 8k! 18k stack meant a miracle 4 me to cash

Mike_
Dumbledore
FS Record: One half of Double Up And Deal *shades*

Post by Mike_ »

I'm home - absolutely shattered.

Spirey's exit was :

Folded to Spirey in SB with AJ, he raises
BB calls
Flop 3 undercards - something like 9 4 3

Spirey continuation bets , BB calls

Turn J
Spirey bets , BB raises all in , Spirey calls

BB had 444

Spirey will correct me but thats not far off.

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

Just got back, I had to leave early to get the train.

Thanks for a great weekend guys, we all did well it was a shame it did not go exactly to plan on the second day with us losing our last 3 players in quick succession but very very well played to all, It exceded how well I was expecting us to do.

Did we get 2nd or 3rd place overall do we know?

Mike_
Dumbledore
FS Record: One half of Double Up And Deal *shades*

Post by Mike_ »

nffc wrote:Just got back, I had to leave early to get the train.

Thanks for a great weekend guys, we all did well it was a shame it did not go exactly to plan on the second day with us losing our last 3 players in quick succession but very very well played to all, It exceded how well I was expecting us to do.

Did we get 2nd or 3rd place overall do we know?
We were 3rd , Kev.

nffc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by nffc »

RomynPG wrote:Thanks Mrs_ :)

Would be good to fill in the others

Northern Muppet ---------- NFFC ---------- Karrde ---------- Spirey ---------- Cornish_Pasty ---------- DJNuttie

Truth ---------- KizKiz? ---------- Mike_ ---------- DJShawk

Filled in red the ones you did not know

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

nffc wrote: Filled in red the ones you did not know
Thanks nffc.

Do any of you object if I add names etc to the image and post it up in the Rogues Gallery thread in People, Events and Meets forum ?

djshawk
Grumpy Old Man

Post by djshawk »

Just back too, pleased I left when I did because I'm effin knackered now, damn those northerners and their drunken gambool :mrgreen:

I look so tiny compared to all you in that team pic!

Looking forward to the next one, enjoyed the tourny, playing live is lots of fun, 1st few hours were more fun than the levels before I bustod. Rich from Chezger moved to my right and he came accross as an arrogant cock which kinda pulled the whole mood of our table down, he was arguing with the dealer saying he was shit etc. At one point he was all in on the flop with AK vs QQ but managed to hit (Pokerstove... 25%... :wink: ) on turn & river to stay alive ... now he's on the FT.

Will post my key hand tomorrow, I still can't decide if what I did was right or wrong so will be good to hear other peoples thoughts.

WP to those who made the points and got us up to 3rd, excellent job.

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

adlad wrote:
kizkiz wrote::lol: lets just say kardde went out with aces
Poor guy, but well done so far guys. You'll have to play your best game today, but there's hope! :)
Gutted doesnt begin to describe it.

I had been a shortstack all day, but had survived due to a good table image. I was playing a very tight aggresive style, I wasnt taking many pots, but when I did it was without resistance... We started at around 2:30ish and it was 10:30pm before I had to show any cards.

So after being up and down a lot, but really doing no better than keeping afloat I find myself in the final 28 and looking forward to day 2, with a reasonable stack of around 55k. Things are looking good, we have 4 heading for the final day and all is rosey, we are favourites to win the team prize.

I am in the small blind, and the chip leader is in the big blind, its folded round to me and I see Aces. Deciding to break with everything I had done all day, I decided that the only way I could get the double up to really make things safe to go deep into day 2 would be to just make up the blind and hope the leader raised me... He didnt.

I feel a little uneasy at the straighty flop. I forget what it was now, 679 I think. So I bet 15k and hope for the best. He raises me all in and praying that he hadnt flopped a straight I called and waited for the double up. I have let the chip leader with 83o flop an Open Ender. Still im in good shape to break 100k here... The turn was a 5 and sick doesnt describe how I felt.

Out in 28th, minutes from day 2, close to the cash, our chances of taking 4 players into day 2 gone... Limping with Aces I suppose deserves to cause stress, but still... 83o making a straight is just savage.

I also hate that picture, im not sure what the heck was going on with the lighting and shadows, but its made it look like half my head is bald and the other half is hanging down my head. I had a perfectly symetrical hair line all weekend :lol: Infact I barely recognise anyone off that picture. Now I know what the Nutz TV fella was on about when he said it was impossible to photograph us, the luminous fiso logo was screwing up all his exposures :lol:

djnuttie
Dumbledore

Post by djnuttie »

Loved catching up with this thread 8-)

Loved Mrs Mike_'s reference to my impressive amount of hair 8-)

Loved the weekend 8-)

and loving that I'm about to go and get a decent nights kip 8-)

:D

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

I think we suprised everyone there. Right from the point when we were trying to find our table and seat numbers and Spirey was told by one of the APAT guys that we had no chance that was clear.

We were lucky to get off to a solid start really. We only lost two guys in the early stages and the majority of us were able to settle in and get our feet under the table. However by the dinner break on day 1, we were all getting fairly stressed. We had nobldy above the average, only 2 of us were above the 10k starting stack (and mine was only 1100 above that) and it was looking pretty ugly, only Kev was anything like comfortable.

But in true fiso style, we showed the grit, determination and the desire to hang on. Nobody paniced, and im so proud of all of us that nobody pressed the self destruct button. Slowly but surely everyone got back in the game.

For a forum that is not poker based to have 5 of the 50 points scorers (when there were 20 teams there) suprised everyone. While Im sure all of us have our heads full of "couldabeens" and when there were 30 left and 4 of us were still there, nobody expected we wouldnt be represented in the final 15... The important thing is that this small little community of ours is officially the 3rd best group of forum poker players in the country.

The standard here is so great, any one of us could have been replaced by any number of fiso players who didnt attend, and I dont think the result would have changed. Im proud of every fiso player, we could send any 10 of us to any event and more than hold our own.

What a weekend, what a result!!!!! And there will be other games for us all.

On a final note, I want to say thank you to you all for following the weekend, more than once we looked in and saw you were supporting us, and it gave us all more than a smile.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Poker Society”