To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FPL Poker 5 a side team

A forum for the FISO Poker Society.
Grant
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FPL Poker 5 a side team

Post by Grant »

Having a bit of a catch-up!! Is the plan to keep Vid in for the season, or to find a replacement (Norvern?).

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

up to you, I'm still about and not doing badly at the moment, took a 8 point hit last week for the win and nearly reclaimed top spot in the process :-)

Grant
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Grant »

Vid wrote:up to you, I'm still about and not doing badly at the moment, took a 8 point hit last week for the win and nearly reclaimed top spot in the process :-)
Cool, if you're still here, then decision is made. Pleased you're still about - haven't been on here much, so was just catching up on old posts :D Let's have a surge up the table.

Digsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS relegation fodder

Post by Digsby »

Grant wrote:
Vid wrote:up to you, I'm still about and not doing badly at the moment, took a 8 point hit last week for the win and nearly reclaimed top spot in the process :-)
Cool, if you're still here, then decision is made. Pleased you're still about - haven't been on here much, so was just catching up on old posts :D Let's have a surge up the table.
Yep, good to have you still on board.

Not a bad start to the season for 4 of our 5 players :oops:

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Is this going again this season? We've done okay for a team that doesn't generally appear to be bothered too much :-) I'm not fussed either way, had a good start last season and slipped away from about half way (as with just about all entries in all comps).

Grant
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Grant »

Vid wrote:Is this going again this season? We've done okay for a team that doesn't generally appear to be bothered too much :-) I'm not fussed either way, had a good start last season and slipped away from about half way (as with just about all entries in all comps).
I'm def playing again, and quite like to keep our 5AS team going. Not the most important, but good to have a side interest and we've a decent team.

djnuttie
Dumbledore

Post by djnuttie »

I'm happy to go again :D

Does someone else fancy being captain? You dont really have to do anything other than register our interest, post a link to teams etc. and make sure everyone signs up....

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

I've pm'd Digsby and Peoples to ask if they want to stay in. Not fussed who does the captain bit, I'll do it if no one else is bothered, if someone wants it then they're welcome to it :-)

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

If you all sign up with the same login as last season, your league will reactivate anyway. Y'all will be entered, all you need is someone to say on the thread that youre in business, then post the league table link. Who is captain is pretty much by the by. Technically you will have the same one as last season as he will still be the mini-league admin.

crabby
Dumbledore

Post by crabby »

Got a decent amount of FF skills :lol: If there's space i'll step in. If not np.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Peoples has also confirmed entry, just down to Digsby now.

Digsby
Dumbledore

Post by Digsby »

Vid wrote:Peoples has also confirmed entry, just down to Digsby now.
I'm all in 8-)

Digsby
Dumbledore

Post by Digsby »

Karrde wrote:If you all sign up with the same login as last season, your league will reactivate anyway. Y'all will be entered, all you need is someone to say on the thread that youre in business, then post the league table link. Who is captain is pretty much by the by. Technically you will have the same one as last season as he will still be the mini-league admin.

Not sure why I've not had an auto renewal....I have the same login as last year and got auto renewed into a couple of the fiso leagues (fcw/london & hc's etc)

Can someone forward the league code please.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

I'm moving to pastures new for the 2010/11 season so if the rest of you want to continue you'll need a 5th and someone else will have to set up the ML.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Just out of interest Vid - is that completely new pastures or just giving FPL the swerve?

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

RomynPG wrote:Just out of interest Vid - is that completely new pastures or just giving FPL the swerve?
Starting up a new 5AS team with BBM members. I hardly play poker at all now and rarely read anything in this forum so I'm not really in the right place or team any more.

Digsby
Dumbledore

Post by Digsby »

Ok, good luck mate and thanks for the contributions the past 2 years.

Any takers for the final place presing the 4 of us from last year are carrying on again?

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

I'm up for carrying on and so is Digsby. peoples and grant you happy to continue?

Anyone else want to fill in the vacant spot?

Come on fellas, roll up, roll up

:D

norvern muppet
FISO Knight
FS Record: never done nowt

Post by norvern muppet »

in

no idea what it is

you know i dont read anything

but i am in

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

Its Fantasy Footy Tom. Do you play FPL?

norvern muppet
FISO Knight
FS Record: never done nowt

Post by norvern muppet »

ahhhhhhhhhhhh

TFF, single entry

out :wink:

El Neilio 10
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Banned from telling the truth in the "Elite league - 2011 / 12" thread
FS Record: First Sun Weekly winner of the second decade of the third Millennium

Post by El Neilio 10 »

I'd be interested in having a pop if nm's finally finished with his okie kokie ;) (naturally, if nm wants back "in", it wouldn't be a big deal for me either way).

Was only going to play Sun Dream team this year (which requires next to no effort) but just took my FIRST EVER look at FPL's homepage and the thing looks more than manageable (have played the more labour-intensive FF with the Tele, the Mirror, the Star and even the Metro before so as you can see my CV's a sizzling pile of s.... ;) )

Am I right in assuming all this 5as nonsense ( :shock: ) is a "head-to-head" mini-league co-operative whereby individual players just try to get the highest score imaginable, relying solely on their own tactics, as they also take on all-comers in the big league (first and foremost)?

Anyway, now I've posted my interest, would appreciate a pm confirming my expected efforts asap (to plan a team - in case I forget to check this thread) if my bid is successful. Of course, if you're wanting a more experienced 5th man (or don't need / want me in your team for any other reason/s), no problem and no real need for a rejection pm :( ;)!

If selected, I'd give it my all!

8-)

Ps. Are all participants required to post their info on FISO's official FPL 5as thread or is that optional?

Anything else a prospective participant needs to know (other than what's on FPL's homepage)?

PPs. Candidates aren't required to have ever played poker with other FISOites before, are they? ;)

London Pat
Red & Blue Braces

Post by London Pat »

This looks like it might be quite a fun game, wouldn't mind having a go if you get another space. If you've got all 5 though, no problem, will display my wares on the open market..... :wink: :D

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

Ok so far its Myself and Digsby who are in.

I'll give Grant and Peoples the chance to signup as they've been in the team for a while now.

El Neilio steps into Vids slot.

London Pat is first reserve - from memory I think Peoples gave up on his team last season so maybe he wont want to sign up, so polish those boots Pat as you might be needed :D

El Neilio 10
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Banned from telling the truth in the "Elite league - 2011 / 12" thread

Post by El Neilio 10 »

Hotpot wrote:
El Neilio steps into Vids slot.
Then I'm giving it "my all!"

:D

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

El Neilio 10 wrote:Am I right in assuming all this 5as nonsense ( :shock: ) is a "head-to-head" mini-league co-operative whereby individual players just try to get the highest score imaginable, relying solely on their own tactics, as they also take on all-comers in the big league (first and foremost)?
How very dare you :evil: :wink:

Basically there are 5 squads (obv) in your team and each week your team is drawn against another team. Each of the 5 play H2H against someone (highest ranked at the time play each other, 2nd plays 2nd etc) and should you win you get a "goal" - the total goals for each set of 5 being combined - so you could win 5-0 if all your team win or it could be something else, 3-1, 2-2 etc. These weekly win/lose/draw results are then combined in a league table over the season.

See last years's H2H thread
El Neilio 10 wrote:Ps. Are all participants required to post their info on FISO's official FPL 5as thread or is that optional?

Anything else a prospective participant needs to know (other than what's on FPL's homepage)?
Your captain posts a link to the FPL league (each 5AS squad is in their team's mini-league on FPL) and also links to each team members squad page along with who they are.

Most other info can be found in previous years' threads

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

El Neilio 10 wrote: 1. Was only going to play Sun Dream team this year (which requires next to no effort) but just took my FIRST EVER look at FPL's homepage and the thing looks more than manageable (have played the more labour-intensive FF with the Tele, the Mirror, the Star and even the Metro before so as you can see my CV's a sizzling pile of s.... ;) )

2. Anything else a prospective participant needs to know (other than what's on FPL's homepage)?

3. PPs. Candidates aren't required to have ever played poker with other FISOites before, are they? ;)

Excuse me butting in,but I overheard your conversation as I was passing by,

1. I've played all those and most others,and if I ever have to choose just 1, it'll be FPL without hesitation,greatly enhanced by the sidegames and the 5AS in particular - you'll remember 26th July 2010 as a major turning point in your life as a result :wink:

2.on Fpl's home page they haven't room to mention everything that makes FPL bigger than all the other FF games put together(2.3 m players last season! ) ,despite it being strictly one team only ! norvern muppet,note !

In particular,and this facet will appeal to a good talent spotter like yourself,player values move up and down,according to form, long term injuries etc,but never more than 0.1m a day.
There's a very handy forum thread called "Crackthecode" to assist you,after the season gets under way.
If you spot the bargains before others,and increase your team value,this will give you the financial muscle to buy the best later in the season,though you don't get the whole profit,as FPL takes it's dealing commission.
None of the other games you mentioned above incorporate this feature - it's a bit like playing the stock market without the risk. I can't tell you any more,or you might beat us.

3.only strip poker.

El Neilio 10
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Neilio 10 »

Cheers for the info guys.

I'm quite excited now! :mrgreen:

Though a little unsure as to whether I'd want pocket rockets :shock: in a game of strip poker with the FISO brigade (Grob)! :? :twisted:

Over the last couple of years, I seem to have read through so many threads only to realise it was an FPL thread (they get everywhere, don't they?) and therefore pointless to me at the time. But I think I can get my head around one transfer / week to try and wheel and deal revenue for later purchases.

Now to look up bonnii in my dictionary...

Ps. Are players getting penalised (in the side-game) this year for making more than one transfer / week? ;)

PPs. I can start registering / picking players any time I like (the sooner the better?)? And then all I'll have to do is provide our captain with my registration info (links etc. )?

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Some of us picked our teams even before this season's game was launched,based on our estimated player values !
Yep,you can register immediately - pick a lucky dip team just to get started if you like,to save time and then transfer merrily away.
Get yourself an FPL button as soon as you've registered your team,by going to your Fiso profile and entering your FPL link from the top of your FPL history page,as shown in the example at the bottom of your profile page - people won't be able to see your team before the 11.30am deadline on 14th August(or about 30 minutes later) - thereafter all teams are visible.

This season,there are 3 rule changes,spelt out on the FPL site and on a thread on the topic,but essentially:

a) you still get 1 free transfer every week,but whereas previously if you didn't use it you lost it,now you can carry it forward to the following GW,but you can't ever have more than 2 free transfers in any GW though you can do as many extra as you like if you pay for them - each extra one costs you 4pts.

b) you get a wildcard you can use anytime in the season - as many free transfers as you want in the GW you decide to use it -but this season you'll also get a second wildcard which can only be used within the January transfer window

c)own goals now -2pts

note,
max 3 players per club
bonuses are allocated about 1 hour after the last game has finished but all other scores are updated live on screen during games.
Captains score double,and you will have an emergency captain in case your first choice doesn't get to the ground in time because he 's been playing poker the previous night.
Auto subs,you choose the order of them if they're needed.
Use the drop down menus (on the transfers page),especially the Watch List ,a much under utilised feature,imho

That should get you up and running in no time ! you'll see the number playing is updated constantly - half a million already.

Digsby
Dumbledore

Post by Digsby »

Uncle Onion also sent me a pm to say he was interested

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Poker Society”