To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Putting Henry Back! How Brave are you????

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.

Will you transfer Henry back in before you know he will play this Sat?

Yes i will be brave and possibly cash in on points before others do.
57%
No i will be cautious and wait till i know he will start first!
43%

Total votes: 165

Dazza
FISOhead

Putting Henry Back! How Brave are you????

Post by Dazza »

Here is a Dilema then. Henry gets a very brief subs appearance this Tuesday in the CL and is thus in contention for a start this Saturday against Man City BUT kick off is at 3pm and there is a game on earlier in the day at 12.45 before the Arsenal Team sheet is announced!

So are you Brave enough to put him back before knowing if he will deffo play? or will you be Cautious and Hope maybe plays but not score so you can put him back the week after and not miss out on the points?

Just think you could be smiling like a Cheshire Cat if he does play and then gets a Hat Trick.
But then again you could be gutted if you put him back and the person you took out gets a Hat Trick instead!

Oh dont you just love Fantasy Football eh! Its these sort of decisions that can make or break your season!

unhappyhoppy
DumbleSaint
FS Record: TFF 10/11 3rd. Now sorting out Happyhoppy's mess.

Post by unhappyhoppy »

Wait a week or so.

We all have Ruud, rooney or Drogba as replacements anyway so not likely to lose out all that much in 1 game......he says... not too convincingly. :)

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Arsenal v Man City
Man Utd v Tottenham

Doesn't make the decision easier does it (assuming most will potentially be swapping out Rooney or Ruud).

Arsenal have no sunday/monday games for months so no bonus game possibilities on the horizon either.....

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Saturday, 29 October 2005
Middlesbrough v Man Utd, 17:15
Tottenham v Arsenal, 13:00
(only advantage here is that we should just about know by TFF deadline if TH starts (there is also a 12:45 k.o.)

Saturday, 05 November 2005
Arsenal v Sunderland, 15:00
Sunday, 06 November 2005
Man Utd v Chelsea, 16:00
Maybe the time........... :?:

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

Some people swapped Henry and Phillips for Owen and Defoe and have regretted it ever since and will be getting Henry back in quick sharp :(

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

mmm, but with Newcastle's run of games may just wait a couple of weeks

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Tricky Tree wrote:mmm, but with Newcastle's run of games may just wait a couple of weeks
Could get Cole in for Defoe as Part 1 today.......

snowy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th nationally in TFF 05/06

Post by snowy »

i'm considering swapping bent for henry and putting davis in midfleld. i'd still have 3 chelsea defenders as backup, and lamps. But bent is on such a great run at the moment, it seems mad to take him out. And it seems mad to take rooney out as well!

unhappyhoppy
DumbleSaint
FS Record: TFF 10/11 3rd. Now sorting out Happyhoppy's mess.

Post by unhappyhoppy »

snowy wrote:i'm considering swapping bent for henry and putting davis in midfleld. i'd still have 3 chelsea defenders as backup, and lamps. But bent is on such a great run at the moment, it seems mad to take him out. And it seems mad to take rooney out as well!
I think you just have to wait and see. He could easily come back and get injured again.

RowdyRaver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RowdyRaver »

I'd like to put him straight in, but the only way I'm getting him in most teams is by putting in Dawson too. Since Spurs play Man U and Arsenal next, this means waiting 2 games for me (behind the sofa as Henry gets the obligatory four goals probably)

Dazza
FISOhead

Post by Dazza »

happyhoppy wrote:
snowy wrote:i'm considering swapping bent for henry and putting davis in midfleld. i'd still have 3 chelsea defenders as backup, and lamps. But bent is on such a great run at the moment, it seems mad to take him out. And it seems mad to take rooney out as well!
I think you just have to wait and see. He could easily come back and get injured again.
Thats the whole thing tho isnt it! Those Brave enough to take the Gamble could reap the rewards and get the points in the bag before everybody else climbs back on! Its not very often that you get a chance to earn Henry Points that others are not earning as well is it! May not happen again this season if he comes back on fire and then stays fit! Worth the Gamble i recon. I took the Gamble on the TH/RVN swap for the extra game at the start of the season and benefited from him getting injured in the first place! Would be so nice to get it right again and then add further points against my rivals that prefer to follow rather than lead! :D

Neath boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier league champions 2011-12 and 2012-13. Fiso H2H PremierLeague champion 2015/16. FISO Super League regular season champion 2016-17.

Post by Neath boy »

I blame lampard for making things difficult! If it were not for him you could have Henry and Rooney/RVN plus Bent, but you cannot possibly leave out Lampard-new commandment?-and have a decent defence-unless you believe in the Spurs revival-I don't!

Dazza
FISOhead

Post by Dazza »

Neath boy wrote:I blame lampard for making things difficult! If it were not for him you could have Henry and Rooney/RVN plus Bent, but you cannot possibly leave out Lampard-new commandment?-and have a decent defence-unless you believe in the Spurs revival-I don't!
Thats my only problem now! I kept the 1m spare to put Henry back in so no worries there but RVN is also doing so well now that it seems a shame to drop him but have the both of them instead!
My problem is i made the change from Ronaldo to Lamps after week 4 and thus ruining any chance of getting them both plus keeping Lamps in as well. Its just not feasable to burn so many transfers to try and get all 3 in the team at this stage and unbalance the team in other areas!

giggsy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by giggsy »

Plastic Scouser wrote:This average Joe will be putting him back in for Saturday.......... but I did choose to have Reyes as his temporary replacement. I love it when TFF decisions are made easy.
You are not the only one!

lad25
Kevin and Perry

Post by lad25 »

we are talking about henry here , the TFF jedi master hes got to go straight back in ...........

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

Find it hard to believe it's 50 votes to 49...

Well that's decided then :?

Wizander
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Wizander »

Arsenal's November Fixtures look a bit tasty :roll:

Themonkey thatstolexmas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Highest finishing place in TFF - 117th

Post by Themonkey thatstolexmas »

I've put him straight back in - his "brief" appearance in the CL lasted 75 mins, and produced 2 goals.

That'll do for me, especially when his first game is against a team that have only kept clean sheets against West Brom and Everton so far this year.

Wizander
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Wizander »

Arsenal on 499 goals in the premiership, playing at Home, with Henry finally back at Highbury. :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”