To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF chit chat 30th and 31st January

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

TFF chit chat 30th and 31st January

Post by morganb »

SATURDAY 30TH JANUARY

Everton 12:30 Newcastle United

At 12:30, Saturday kicks off with a game between Everton and Newcastle. The 7th place Toffees were held to a 1-1 draw against Leicester last time out, James Rodriguez with the goal. The Magpies on the other hand went down 2-1 against Leeds. 5 losses in a row for Newcastle as they gradually sink towards the relegation zone however St Max is back.

Crystal Palace 15:00 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Three games at the traditional Saturday-at-3-in-the-afternoon timeslot, the first is Palace v Wolves at Selhurst Park. The Eagles have recorded back-to-back losses but manged to score a couple of goals in midweek thanks to Zaha and Benteke. Wolves were probably happy to get a point against Chelsea, but they’ve still only taken 2 points from a possible 15. Wolves have an injured striker.

Manchester City 15:00 Sheffield United

The second of the 3pm games is Manchester City against Sheffield United. City swept WBA aside last time out and surprisingly Gundogan is City’s top scorer so far this season. Sheffield United managed to record a rare victory in midweek when they recorded the shock result of the season by beating table toppers Man Utd. Can the repeat this feat today? Man City have an injured striker.

West Bromwich Albion 15:00 Fulham

19th v 18th next when West Brom take on Fulham in the last of the 3 o’clock games. This can probably be classed as a relegation 6-pointer with only a couple of points separating the two teams. If only Fulham could convert draws to wins they would be in a much better position in the league. Big Sam hasn’t really had the new manager bounce that you would expect, should they have employed John Cassisi (Fat Sam from Bugsy Malone) instead?

Arsenal 17:30 Manchester United

At 5:30, Arsenal versus Manchester United at the Emirates. Arsenal are in good form having only dropped a couple of points from their last 5 games (they are out of the Cup though). Is Tierney fit? Man Utd lost in midweek so will be desperate to get back to winning ways against the Gunners. Arsenal have a missing striker.

Southampton 20:00 Aston Villa

The Saturday night fixture takes us to deepest, darkest Hampshire where Aston Villa are the visitors to Southampton. The Saints are down to mid-table after a couple of recent losses perhaps due to injuries to first-choice defenders. Villa are sat on the same number of points as Southampton but suffered a surprise high-scoring defeat to Burnley last time out. Surprisingly both teams have fit strikers.

SUNDAY 31ST JANUARY

Chelsea 12:00 Burnley

Mr Tickle’s first home game in charge of the Blues comes in Sunday’s early game where he welcomes Burnley to the Bridge. Chelsea’s pack was shuffled in mid-week but it didn't do the trick and they were only dealt a draw. Burnley come into this game after back-to-back victories and a Cup win to their name.

Leicester City 14:00 Leeds United

At 2pm, Leicester versus Leeds at the King Power. The Foxes are without Vardy, so Perez started up front in midweek. The are question marks around who will play in defence as a number of players are back from injury. Leeds won against Newcastle last time out and are safe in mid-table though Bamford is off the boil at the moment. Leicester have an injured striker.

West Ham United 16:30 Liverpool

The 4:30pm game is West Ham against Liverpool. Liverpool won convincingly against Spurs on Thursday but will not be as rested as the Hammers who last played on Tuesday. Antonio was in fine form last time out but didn’t score, those honours went to Soucek and Dawson. Hammer time for Lingard? Liverpool will be looking to get another victory to stay in touch with the front-runners.

Brighton & Hove Albion 19:15 Tottenham Hotspur

And finally, Spurs travel to the South Coast to take on Brighton at the Am Ex. Brighton are 17th in the table but have picked up points on their last two games. Tottenham played on Thursday, a tough game against Liverpool when Kane did a Princess Margaret and managed to hurt both feet. Will Jose be tempted to rotate his squad around? Spurs have an injured striker.

No MNF but we have a set of midweek games.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: TFF chit chat 30th and 31st January

Post by murf »

I got contacted by an agent checking my availability for an interview about a football management job in Sheffield.

I said "I can't manage Wednesday".

Talking of which, ahem,.....

The second of the 3pm games is Manchester City against Sheffield Wednesday.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

murf wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 11:07 I got contacted by an agent checking my availability for an interview about a football management job in Sheffield.

I said "I can't manage Wednesday".

Talking of which, ahem,.....

The second of the 3pm games is Manchester City against Sheffield Wednesday.

Thanks - I'm surprised I don't do that more often! Think I'll blame the stress of managing my Highlander team this week

Will put straight in a mo...

SamD
FISO Knight

In form (-ative?)

Post by SamD »

Best TFF XI on 6-week form
- wks 14 to 19, Sat 26 Dec to Thur 28 Jan; Sat-Sun games complete Wk-19
- each player has amassed 40 or more points, including some surprise names
- two clubs provide eight of the 11
- optimum formation is 5-4-1

g 3.8 46 B Leno, Arsl

d 3.2 50 J Stones, ManC
d 3.7 48 J Cancelo, ManC
d 3.8 45 R Dias, ManC
d 3.2 43 K Tierney, Arsl
d 2.8 41 C Dawson, WHam

m 3.9 46 I Gündogan, ManC
m 3.9 45 H Barnes, Leic
m 3.1 43 B Saka, Arsl
m 6.7 40 S Mané, Lvpl

s 6.0 44 A Lacazette, Arsl
- - - - - - -
£44.1m, 491 points

How many (more) will you be transferring in?
Or, as money seems no object, do any of rest of top 20 on current form look better prospects?

m 4.3 38 Y Tielemans, Leic
m 6.2 37 B Fernandes, ManU
m 4.9 37 J Maddison, Leic
m 3.4 37 P Foden, ManC
d 3.0 37 A Cresswell, WHam
d 2.8 37 R Holding, Arsl
d 2.6 36 J Bednarek, Sout
m 6.1 35 M Rashford, ManU
g 4.4 35 Ederson, ManC

Flashheart
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 2nd in private league

Post by Flashheart »

So as we've all got to have a striker, who's favourite to replace Kane?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Flashheart wrote:So as we've all got to have a striker, who's favourite to replace Kane?
Lacazette according to form...

Mins
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 15th in 2010

Post by Mins »

DCL seems the obvious one to me, but what do I know?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Actually....

The TFF site has a striker on a higher points return in the last 6 weeks (different data to SamD?). 47 points to Lacazette's 45.

Virtual bag of Wotsits to the first correct guess. No internet!

Tammy A 3rd on 43 so don't guess him.

SamD
FISO Knight

One over the ...

Post by SamD »

TFF 'six-week form guide' erroneously covers seven weeks, ie Weeks 13 to 19:

https://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk ... form-guide

On 7-week striker stat, Firmino outscores Lacazette 47 to 45.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Scary that goal shy Firmino in a period including Liverpool's nearly 8 hour league goal drought is the best striker!

SamD
FISO Knight

Six-week form

Post by SamD »

That's because Firmino amassed almost half the 7-week haul in (the non-eligible!) Week 13:
22 points against Spurs and Palace. Liverpool's drought followed.

Mins
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 15th in 2010

Post by Mins »

Firmino might be a good shout if LFC are going to be scoring 2 and 3 goals a game again. Would prefer Salah or Mane tbh, but I have a 4-5-1 so needs to be a striker.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Mins wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 14:34 Firmino might be a good shout if LFC are going to be scoring 2 and 3 goals a game again. Would prefer Salah or Mane tbh, but I have a 4-5-1 so needs to be a striker.
Fixtures are tricky - are playing all 5 of the (other) top 6 teams around now. 4pts already off Spurs/Man U. Next 3 over next 4 games (+ 'easy' match v Brighton but it is those Liverpool are struggling with) and Everton next after that. Not forgetting out of the cup.

Sun 31st 16:30West Ham UnitedA-sky-sports
February 2021
Wed 3rd 20:15Brighton & Hove AlbionH-BT Sport
Sun 7th 16:30Manchester CityH-sky-sports-
Sat 13th 12:30Leicester CityA-BT Sport
Tue 16th 20:00RB LeipzigA-BT Sport
Sat 20th 17:30EvertonH-sky-sports

Flashheart
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 2nd in private league

Post by Flashheart »

DCL is looking good to me based on fixtures.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

Post by happyhoppy »

DCL in all but one where I’m looking to slip Salah in too so will go with Watkins. Again. (Different team SPR!).

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

The lack of choice in strikers is going to narrow the differences between teams. Maybe now is the time to break from the pack to make gains?

Benteke. There, I’ve said it.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Jamjack wrote:The lack of choice in strikers is going to narrow the differences between teams. Maybe now is the time to break from the pack to make gains?

Less mad than the Tele e-mail's second choice to replace Kane (behind only DCL)-

Timo Werner

Dropped by the new manager but somehow a better call than Watkins, Lacazette, Firmino and everyone else.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

Can’t think about Timo without getting a cold shiver.

I’ve had to check if Benteke is still designated as a striker. Pleased to confirm he is (contrary perhaps to the Trade Descriptions Act) so we are all good.

Who is on the bandwagon?

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

murf wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 18:41
Jamjack wrote:The lack of choice in strikers is going to narrow the differences between teams. Maybe now is the time to break from the pack to make gains?

Less mad than the Tele e-mail's second choice to replace Kane (behind only DCL)-

Timo Werner

Dropped by the new manager but somehow a better call than Watkins, Lacazette, Firmino and everyone else.
Said email also says public teams available soon..apologies if posted elsewhere.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I saw that. They also (slyly) referenced their screw up over the weekly transfer thing that has come up this week, as if it is right:-

Week 19 transfer allocation
A reminder that your allocation of five weekly transfers resets after the final fixture in each Gameweek. Since there are no fixtures on Monday this week, your allocation will reset after Brighton vs Spurs finishes on Sunday evening.

Update: public teams and message boards
Good news for fans of public teams and private leagues message boards - both of these features will return to Telegraph Fantasy Football in time for Week 20.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

I presume that when "public" teams becomes an option again the default will initially be "public" so beware.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

Spinynorman wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 20:49 I presume that when "public" teams becomes an option again the default will initially be "public" so beware.
I was going to say, no way would they do that but I don’t think that’s a safe assumption based on what we have seen from them so far.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

Jamjack wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 21:04
Spinynorman wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 20:49 I presume that when "public" teams becomes an option again the default will initially be "public" so beware.
I was going to say, no way would they do that but I don’t think that’s a safe assumption based on what we have seen from them so far.

Just thinking it might be as that is the usual default when you set up teams to begin with.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

Well this is week 19 (I think) so “before week 20” means sometime this weekend. I’m not even sure how we would know because there is no switch / setting just now.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

Jamjack wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 21:34 Well this is week 19 (I think) so “before week 20” means sometime this weekend. I’m not even sure how we would know because there is no switch / setting just now.

Best way to tell I think is to listen out for the laughter when folks are able to see my teams. :mrgreen:

marcml987
Treebeard
FS Record: Poor

Post by marcml987 »

Spinynorman wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 21:15

Just thinking it might be as that is the usual default when you set up teams to begin with.
Have asked on Facebook and they’ve confirmed private as default setting.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

marcml987 wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 22:02
Spinynorman wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 21:15

Have asked on Facebook and they’ve confirmed private as default setting.

That's good to know. Cheers. :)

Canaryfan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Best Finish: 28th

Post by Canaryfan »

The weekly email's 3rd striking option is Watkins at £4.2m.

Can't afford a proof-reader.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jamjack »

Canaryfan wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 22:50 The weekly email's 3rd striking option is Watkins at £4.2m.

Can't afford a proof-reader.
No, it’s a January sale. Offer available until midnight tonight.

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

DCL in for me and off to bed I go. Will be all over (and other games started just about) once I wake up.

God speed! :D

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”