To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Be careful doing transfers...

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
browny81
Kevin and Perry

Be careful doing transfers...

Post by browny81 »

Transfer issue here guys....Just been told the game week ends when the final game finishes....not midnight monday

so be careful setting up MOTW/MOTM teams.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Be careful doing transfers...

Post by murf »

So if the last game kicks off at 8 can you still do transfers (for that week) after that but before full time (eg at 9pm so you still get points from players in that game)?

PS I'm pretty sure that isn't what the rules say so you could argue your case.

PPS Used to love the occasional dabble at MOTW/M but they wrecked it with the 5 team rule and now it seems dominated by cheats with multiple teams anyway - not sure why they bother with the lousy prizes. I used to be happy to pay to play but the need to appease the masses who demand everything for free won.

Buster
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Twice winner of Tenner League

Post by Buster »

All that the game T&Cs seem to say on the subject is "Game Weeks run every Tuesday to Monday throughout the season"

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Tuesday doesn't start at 9:45 on a Monday!

The new lot in charge seem to ride roughshod over the rules - what with this, the failure to mention the pay to play only for 'golden goal' and 'starting xi' prizes - not to mention the sudden introduction of live score updates and the failure to be able to make your teams private.

Buster
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Buster »

Indeed! Reckon they may have coded-up this season's new software incorrectly (like the error they made with the closing date for the monthly prize quite recently)

Buster
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Buster »

....unless the whole thing is just a misunderstanding at the help desk, and all they meant by "the game week ends when the final game (of the game-week) finishes" is that point-scoring finishes then (which is obvious!).

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Was always going to happen when changing providers just to save £2.50.

Would have been much better to improve last year's software than start again and **** it all up.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Buster wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 11:35 ....unless the whole thing is just a misunderstanding at the help desk, and all they meant by "the game week ends when the final game (of the game-week) finishes" is that point-scoring finishes then (which is obvious!).
Don't think so. Somebody on here had an issue (may have been browny81??) a week or two ago that their transfers just before midnight came out of the next week's allowance.

browny81
Kevin and Perry

Post by browny81 »

im not sure , i did transfers after the last game Monday(before midnight) , hoping to get my transfers reset for the next scoring week.
but when i checked the next day those transfers have counted already for the following week

browny81
Kevin and Perry

Post by browny81 »

murf wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 11:21 So if the last game kicks off at 8 can you still do transfers (for that week) after that but before full time (eg at 9pm so you still get points from players in that game)?

PS I'm pretty sure that isn't what the rules say so you could argue your case.

PPS Used to love the occasional dabble at MOTW/M but they wrecked it with the 5 team rule and now it seems dominated by cheats with multiple teams anyway - not sure why they bother with the lousy prizes. I used to be happy to pay to play but the need to appease the masses who demand everything for free won.
totally agree with you . its not the same anymore

browny81
Kevin and Perry

Post by browny81 »

this is the message i received from TFF "hi browny ,the game week closed at the end of the last match on Monday so im afraid your transfers were a little too late on this occasion " :shock: :shock:

Buster
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Buster »

Thanks for sharing that Browny. Good info to have

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur
FS Record: Hit and miss

Post by Johnners »

murf wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 11:37 Somebody on here had an issue (may have been browny81??) a week or two ago that their transfers just before midnight came out of the next week's allowance.
browny81 wrote: 27 Jan 2021, 11:49 this is the message i received from TFF "hi browny ,the game week closed at the end of the last match on Monday so im afraid your transfers were a little too late on this occasion " :shock: :shock:
Think murf might be referring to me, as I posted the same issue in the Tenner Cup thread last week.

Did a couple of transfers before midnight on the Monday to get my team ship-shape for the coming week, but realised on Tuesday I only had three left. Argued the toss with them all week, but they still didn't give me back my transfers.

Their last reply to me was along similar lines to yours, as if I was the stupid one for believing their terms and conditions.

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

I had the same issue last week; I was trying to set up my team on a Monday evening for a "cup week" competition in a league I'm in. Instead of 5 transfers last week I found I had only two, so unsurprisingly I lost my match....

I did write to TFF pointing out it said Tuesday to Monday - never got an answer, so you're one up on me there.

I've now got a team stranded mid-league with bloody Vicinius in it....

browny
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a few prizes

Post by browny »

im guessing they have changed the rules half way through instead of fixing the software

WEEK 19 TRANSFER ALLOCATION

A reminder that your allocation of five weekly transfers resets after the final fixture in each gameweek . Since there are no fixtures on Monday this week , your allocation will reset after Brighton v Spurs finishes on Sunday evening.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Worth checking halfway through the Spurs game to see if it has reset already by then.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”