To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF chit chat 23rd, 24th and 25th August

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

TFF chit chat 23rd, 24th and 25th August

Post by morganb »

FRIDAY 23RD AUGUST

Aston Villa 20:00 Everton

This week's Friday night fixture sees the Toffees travelling to Villa Park to take on newcomers Aston Villa. Villa lie in 17th place having suffered a couple of early defeats. Everton are unbeaten and have a tight defence this season. Digne was subbed early with an injury last weekend but sounds like he is back in training already.

SATURDAY 24TH AUGUST

Norwich 12:30 Chelsea

Saturday's early match has Norwich welcoming Frank Lampard's Chelsea FC to Carrow Road. If the coach arrives early then there's a supermarket just across the road for half-time snacks. I think ‘And Pukki scores!’ could become a common phrase this season. Frank has had a tough start to his Chelsea managerial stint.

Brighton 15:00 Southampton

The first of the 3 o'clocks is a South Coast derby featuring 5th place Brighton against 19th place Southampton. Brighton's home form has been good this season and defensively they have improved. Playing the gigantic Dan Burn might help. Saints are already praying for a miracle to try and ascend up the table.

Man Utd 15:00 Crystal Palace

At Ole Trafford, Old Solskjaer will hoping United can keep up their good-ish start to the season. Standing in their way are Roy's Boys, Crystal Palace. The Eagles have had an OK start to the 2019/20 but Benteke and Ayew won't get many goals. Marital is United's standout player.

Sheff Utd 15:00 Leicester

Bramall Lane next where Leicester are the visitors. Newcomers Sheffield United sit comfortably in mid-table, a couple of points above the Foxes who have yet to see the best from Jamie Vardy. The Blades will be hoping for another good result today.

Watford 15:00 West Ham

You wait ages for a team beginning with W then two come along at the same time. This has all the makings of a score draw as both teams have started the season rather poorly, and Watford were in bad shape at the end of last season too. The Hammers have the worst goal difference in the league.

Liverpool 17:30 Arsenal

Saturday's late game is this weekend's big match with top of the table Liverpool welcoming a revitalised Arsenal to Anfield. The Gunners are level on points with Liverpool and Ceballos has been catching the eye. Liverpool may be top but have conceded in every match they've played this month.

SUNDAY 25TH AUGUST

Bournemouth 14:00 Man City

On to Sunday where first up is Bournemouth against Manchester City. City suffered a draw against Spurs last weekend while Bournemouth are on the same number of points as the reigning Champions. Sterling is joint top scorer so far this season.

Tottenham 16:30 Newcastle

Two late matches this Sunday, the first of which has Newcastle up against Spurs. Harry will be hoping to blow a few doors off today in what on paper looks an easy game. Newcastle are still awaiting the on field return of prodigal son Andy Carroll.

Wolves 16:30 Burnley

And finally, Wolves v Burnley. Wolves drew with Utd last time out. Burnley are sat in mid-table with Wolves just below them. Jimenez has yet to open his account for the season. Ashley Barnes has been in fine form recently. Fin.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Re: TFF chit chat 23rd, 24th and 25th August

Post by Spinynorman »

Great stuff as always Mr B. :)

ventosus
Treebeard
FS Record: Works league winner 1999, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011

Post by ventosus »

Finally sorted login issues! Back now tho with new user name... just thinking ahead to match later this arvo - Digne back training, but anyone else thinking of late transfer candidate in case he doesnt play? Am thinking straight swap to Coleman, or hold for Maguire v Palace... could just sit on hands but second in league and want to stay around there...

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur
FS Record: Hit and miss

Post by Johnners »

Silva said yesterday that Digne is available for tonight, so I doubt you'll have a decision to make.

jimborogers
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimborogers »

Wonder if Doherty will play. Wasn't in the squad last night.

Tadpole
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Euro Under 21 Threes Winner ; Super Egg Cup Winner 12/13 ; JJB Fantasy World Cup 2010 Monthly Winner ; Mortgage Brain Monthly Winner 11/12 ; A few telegraph super league wins ;

Post by Tadpole »

Can’t see Doherty injury updates but swap to Mina tonight frees up some funds

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

morganb wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 17:15 Standing in their way are Roy's Boys, Crystal Palace. The Eagles have had an OK start to the 2019/20
:? 1 point from 6 and haven't scored a goal?

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

jimborogers wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 09:03 Wonder if Doherty will play. Wasn't in the squad last night.
I read somewhere the Doherty came off at half time in the league game because of illness not injury. Whilst as a Doherty holder that feels better than an injury, it does depend on what the Illness is!

Themonkey thatstolexmas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Highest finishing place in TFF - 117th

Post by Themonkey thatstolexmas »

No really powerful reason to change my team, but getting a very itchy finger around Vardy, and not really sure that I have full faith in Doherty and Jota to be the best value I could possibly get now that it looks like Wolves will be heading into the Europa group stages.

Could so easily swap D&J for Mina and Pukki... And Vardy, there's so many alternatives it's mad. Feel like I need to sit on my hands til the international week, and then take stock. 2 games isn't enough to see any real patterns, Vardy gets a brace tomorrow at the Blades and suddenly it's a different picture altogether, and hopefully Wolves are a bit better against the lower teams this year....

Every year! 😂"I'll not do anything for 6 games - oh hang on no, 2 games in, let me completely rip my team apart!"

Thomarse
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SL winner 2007/08, 2010/11, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17 .. WC SL winner 2014!

Post by Thomarse »

So, I did Salah to Rashford to get on the 3 - 1 or the 2 - 0. Now, do I hide behind the sofa with Salah at home to Arsenal :| Last week it sounded fine ... now I'm getting the jitters about it lol.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Themonkey thatstolexmas wrote:No really powerful reason to change my team, but getting a very itchy finger around Vardy, and not really sure that I have full faith in Doherty and Jota to be the best value I could possibly get now that it looks like Wolves will be heading into the Europa group stages.

Could so easily swap D&J for Mina and Pukki... And Vardy, there's so many alternatives it's mad. Feel like I need to sit on my hands til the international week, and then take stock. 2 games isn't enough to see any real patterns, Vardy gets a brace tomorrow at the Blades and suddenly it's a different picture altogether, and hopefully Wolves are a bit better against the lower teams this year....

Every year! Image"I'll not do anything for 6 games - oh hang on no, 2 games in, let me completely rip my team apart!"
Wolves are playing very well and their prices are surely based on Wolves doing a bit worse than last year. If you could guarantee their season would be a mirror of last year then they would be great VFM. As things stands and with the form still holding they are good VFM and definite 'holds' and options to buy if you need to lose anyone.

Housenation
Treebeard

Post by Housenation »

I would be a bit wary of Doherty this season. Traore changed the game against Man U and he also played well against Torino, being subbed early I presume so he could play this weekend. I think he will take a lot of points from Doherty this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tadpole
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Euro Under 21 Threes Winner ; Super Egg Cup Winner 12/13 ; JJB Fantasy World Cup 2010 Monthly Winner ; Mortgage Brain Monthly Winner 11/12 ; A few telegraph super league wins ;

Post by Tadpole »

Docherty and AWB to Pukki & Mina chasing the early form

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Beware the differences between chasing form and chasing last week's points.

If anyone ever figures out how to tell the difference (other than by waiting so long that everyone else is on the overcrowded bandwagon) then let me know cos I always get it wrong.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Last plug for my Highlander League - ENTRY CLOSES AT 8PM:

viewtopic.php?f=136&t=130628

A fun superleague where we kill off the lowest scoring team every week until there is only one left (like in Highlander the film).

The first cull starts tonight - but, don't worry, if you get knocked out there is always the chance to come back as a zombie....

You know it makes sense (even if the rules don't). 27 entries so far, a nice round 30 would be good...

Meanwhile it's Guibert time!

Aston Villa manager Dean Smith makes two changes from the side that lost to Bournemouth on Saturday. French full-back Frederic Guilbert makes his debut and Jota starts as Ahmed El Mohamady and Anwar El Ghazi drop to the bench.

Aston Villa XI: Heaton, Guilbert, Engels, Mings, Taylor, Jota, Luiz, McGinn, Grealish, Trezeguet, Wesley

Subs: Steer, Lansbury, Hourihane, Konsa, El Ghazi, El Mohamady, Davis

Everton manager Marco Silva makes one change from the team that defeated Watford at the weekend.

Midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin is available after a ban, so drops into midfield in place of Jean-Philippe Gbamin. That means there's no starting place for big money summer signings Moise Kean or Alex Iwobi.

Everton XI: Pickford, Coleman, Keane, Mina, Digne, Schneiderlin, Gomes, Sigurdsson, Richarlison, Bernard, Calvert-Lewin

Subs: Stekelenburg, Holgate, Walcott, Iwobi, Sidibe, Davies, Kean
Last edited by murf on 23 Aug 2019, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.

Fat Heed
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL 2009/10 1286th

Post by Fat Heed »

Guilbert starts, cue clean sheet & assist!

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

murf wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 19:02 Last plug for my Highlander League - ENTRY CLOSES AT 8PM:

viewtopic.php?f=136&t=130628

A fun superleague where we kill off the lowest scoring team every week until there is only one left (like in Highlander the film).

The first cull starts tonight - but, don't worry, if you get knocked out there is always the chance to come back as a zombie....

You know it makes sense (even if the rules don't). 27 entries so far, a nice round 30 would be good...

Meanwhile it's Guibert time!

Aston Villa manager Dean Smith makes two changes from the side that lost to Bournemouth on Saturday. French full-back Frederic Guilbert makes his debut and Jota starts as Ahmed El Mohamady and Anwar El Ghazi drop to the bench.

Aston Villa XI: Heaton, Guilbert, Engels, Mings, Taylor, Jota, Luiz, McGinn, Grealish, Trezeguet, Wesley

Subs: Steer, Lansbury, Hourihane, Konsa, El Ghazi, El Mohamady, Davis

Everton manager Marco Silva makes one change from the team that defeated Watford at the weekend.

Midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin is available after a ban, so drops into midfield in place of Jean-Philippe Gbamin. That means there's no starting place for big money summer signings Moise Kean or Alex Iwobi.

Everton XI: Pickford, Coleman, Keane, Mina, Digne, Schneiderlin, Gomes, Sigurdsson, Richarlison, Bernard, Calvert-Lewin

Subs: Stekelenburg, Holgate, Walcott, Iwobi, Sidibe, Davies, Kean

Entered 👍🏻

Fat Heed
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL 2009/10 1286th

Post by Fat Heed »

I’ve entered too

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Good stuff guys.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Not watching - was there a 2nd KC?

Text sounds like Wesley (Jota, Grealish)

Main thing is that Everton have conceded!

MagicIsay
Treebeard
FS Record: Ok

Post by MagicIsay »

Guilbert 2nd kc

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

MagicIsay wrote:Guilbert 2nd kc
BBC wrong then -Everton are not set and Jack Grealish plays a quick free-kick out wide to Jota. The former Birmingham man takes dinky little touches with his left foot before sliding in a superb pass through to Wesley.

Buster
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Twice winner of Tenner League

Post by Buster »

Match centre etc. say it was Jota. All Guilbert got was a booking :lol:

MagicIsay
Treebeard

Post by MagicIsay »

Watching live Grealish passed to guilbert who passed to jota...then big wesley put it in corner past pickford.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Buster wrote:Match centre etc. say it was Jota. All Guilbert got was a booking Image
Jota was the primary KC, listed everywhere as an assist.

Question for the impatient amongst us is always 'was there a 2nd KC and who got it?'

Buster
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Twice winner of Tenner League

Post by Buster »

MagicIsay wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 21:06 Watching live Grealish passed to guilbert who passed to jota...then big wesley put it in corner past pickford.
I see. Ta

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Guaranteed cs at least as I took Guilbert out last week.

MagicIsay
Treebeard

Post by MagicIsay »

Guilberts pass was forward, he then followed his pass and went past jota pulling mina out of postion. Allowing wesley to run into the huge gap left by the two everton cbs to recieve a great ball fron jota and hit across pickford. Definite guilbert kc.

He and Jota have looked very good

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Git. That cost me 2pts in FISO Goals.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Breaking team news
Norwich v Chelsea (12:30 BST)

Chelsea's N'Golo Kante is out, while Tammy Abraham starts up front (bet you all still jump the Pukkiwagon instead though...)

Norwich manager Daniel Farke keeps the same line-up that defeated Newcastle last weekend. Defender Timm Klose is on the bench and could feature for the first time this season after recovering from a hip injury.

Norwich XI: Krul, Aarons, Godfrey, Hanley, Leitner, Lewis, Cantwell, Buendia, Stiepermann, Trybull, Pukki

Substitutes: Fahrmann, Byram, Vrancic, Klose, McLean, Tettey, Srbeny

Frank Lampard makes two changes to his Chelsea side, however, with Tammy Abraham and Mateo Kovacic coming in for Olivier Giroud - who drops to the bench - and the injured N'Golo Kante (ankle).

Chelsea XI: Kepa, Christensen, Jorginho, Abraham, Pedro, Zouma, Kovacic, Mount, Pulisic, Azpilicueta, Emerson

Substitutes: Caballero, Alonso, Barkley, Willian, Giroud, Batshuayi, Tomori

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”