To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

telegraph KC changes the last two weekends

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

i am going to make a factual post here with some details.

if you think i am whingeing that is fine but these are the facts, please read them if you wish to comment.

last friday tff decided to withdraw salah's kc overnight

yesterday they added a KC for bernardo.

fpl did not give an assist to bernardo, sdt did not give the assist to bernardo, sky did not give the assist to bernardo. the tff live feed did not but they changed it.
the MEN stated the shot by aguero was after bernardo's shot ricocheted, in other words the direction of the ball was changed.

as far as i know GFM run both tff & sky still yet they scored differently re bernardo.

The leaders team from updates as far as i know is with players different from mine in bold

ederson doherty robertson TAA laporte WALKER MANE BERNARDO sterling aguero jiminez
ederson doherty robertson AZPILICUETA laporte JOTA SALAH HAZARD sterling aguero jiminez is my current team (transfers in hand)

so we have 4 players different, i.e. 8 different players combined. in the last two gameweeks tff have altered two KC in favour of the leader over my team. the second of these changes disagrees with ALL 3 other providers, including sky run by the same outfit GFM - as far as i know.

please look at the facts rather than consider who is making the post. This is about facts not about me! you can draw your own conclusions, whatever they might be.
Last edited by 12345678 on 29 Apr 2019, 16:42, edited 3 times in total.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Which Salah assist? The only one I can recall that was contentious was a second KC that Sky don’t award anyway.

And for an experienced FF player you really should know by now that KC’s and assists are two completely different things that are not always consistent with each other

Dumbledore

Re: telegraph KC changes the last two weekends

Post by 12345678 »

i thought you might be all over this, if you remember the one where emerson and salah both went for the ball, as i said above it was a question of whether salah toe poked it or it came off emerson. so that difference is irrelevant, just a question of whether he got his toe on it or not. as i say look at the facts, don't bring me into it, think what your view would be if you had complained about them and held the second set of players.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

both of these are primary, not secondary.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Salah/Emerson toe poked the ball to Henderson who then crossed for Mane to score.

Second KC.

C’mon Andy, you need to get things correct if you’re going to complain.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

yeah you are right apologies on that, dozy moment.

confused by the other scores i looked late last night.

bernardo one still stands obviously.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

yeah i can see what i have done, picked up wrong figures from other games late at night, so yeah agree less of an issue than the bernardo one added in,.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

obviously i still think salah touched that will amend original post thanks for spotting it maldini.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

No problem and if I rubbed you up the wrong way yesterday, I apologise. I was only on the wind up but I appreciate some take Fantasy Football more seriously than I do.

The Bernardo one was imo always likely to be a KC as the cross reached its intended target. Aguero got his shot away despite a bit of a schmozzle with a Burnley defender first.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

fair enough, glad you view it that way, i don't like falling out with anyone, FF, hobby or otherwise. happy to wipe the slate clean if you are. hopefully the above now accurately represents what has gone on. thanks.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

we will have to agree to disagree with bernardo i'm with fpl/sky/sdt. a KC is negated in tff if the balls direction is altered by a defender, i think it may have bobbled about twice, but like the salah issue we probably would need better pics n slo mo to be 100% as to what precisely happened. i suspect you can see even with my error re the primary/secondary a bit of a pattern emerges in just two gameweeks!

i may have made an error with the leaders team, but fairly sure i haven't and i know i haven't with mine lol

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Only seen it once so can’t comment with any certainty but I thought Bernardo’s cross got to Aguero without any intervention. After that Aguero bundled the ball past/through a defender before scoring.

Seemed like a straight forward KC but not an assist as a defender touched the ball before Aguero scored.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Do Sky use KCs or (OPTA) assists?

If the rules are different then it is a pointless comparison and GFM's involvement in both is irrelevant.

Haven't seen yesterday's yet (been away) but still think Salah did poke that one past Emerson the other week.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

12345678 wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 16:12 please look at the facts rather than consider who is making the post. This is about facts not about me! you can draw your own conclusions, whatever they might be.
So it's about facts and not about you. The test for the accuracy of this statement is whether or not you'd be making the same posts if the teams were swopped around so that you had Bernardo etc. :wink:

However, I'd go along with a suggestion that the self interested element of the post shouldn't necessarily undermine its validity.

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

Making public the leader's team is surely unfair as those players in 2nd 4th and 5th may be in a position to take advantage. Well played if you have worked it out, but better to keep it to yourself I would have thought.

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won many company leagues, and nearly won TFFO back in the day. Also managed Carra's team to success in Sky FF

Post by get_on_my_cocker »

Hate to be pedantic, Andy, but the Salah KC was awarded on SUNDAY April 14th and was then amended on MONDAY April 15th around lunchtime I think. Also, Sky use OPTA assists as explained on their website.

IMHO the Salah KC was correctly removed as Emerson kicked the ball away from Salah. Also, as Bernardo played the ball in to Aguero, that would be a KC all day under the current TFF rules on their website.

So I'm not sure what the argument is here, other than for you to have another dig at gfm.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

While you're right Salah's KC was awarded and then un-awarded, I don't think Bernardo's was ever not awarded and added later? I logged in I think fairly soon after the update on Sunday evening and he had it. Ready to be corrected if I missed something though (note of course that opta/tff live assists don't count for anything re KCs).

And this season TFF have been lenient on cases where defenders have made a touch that didn't move the ball too much. So I thought after watching the goal live, that TFF will probably give it but there's a good chance Sky and FPL won't, based on their record of awards this season. In the tangle of legs between Aguero and the defender it was very hard to spot which legs it touched at any time.

If you had an argument about TFF's super generous 2nd-KCs you'd get my backing - Kyle Walker's one last midweek was nuts, but (Alderweireld?) didn't get one for a similar thing the night before. And as for denying a KC for Schmeichel because Vardy played a 1-2 off the bar on Sunday, I think that's the most backwards change they've made in the last couple of seasons (although admittedly being applied consistently), completely at odds with the dumb increase in generosity.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

7lb claimer wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 14:58 Making public the leader's team is surely unfair as those players in 2nd 4th and 5th may be in a position to take advantage. Well played if you have worked it out, but better to keep it to yourself I would have thought.
i thought someone might say that, it is there for all to see and workout if they so wish, i suspect the few in the chasing pack will have worked it out if relevant, it's pretty easy to do given the split of the fixtures. i've also outed mine.

with citeh playing 3 games to 1 at the end it probably doesn't help much as it stands anyway.

he has been the beneficiary of the KC amended the following day re salah and also having the bernardo KC added in from the original live feed despite the MEN saying it was after it ricocheted in the box.

so yes i take your point but in the circumstances felt it was better to look at what was going on and couldn't do that without reference to his team.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”