View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
Jamjack
FISOhead
Posts: 808
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 22:18
FS Record: Average to Middling

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by Jamjack » 06 Jan 2019, 13:03

That team. Wow.

User avatar
edmo33
FISOhead
Posts: 674
Joined: 16 Aug 2006, 20:33
Location: High and Dry
FS Record: 7th Overall Sky Sports Euro2012, 15th Overall Sky Sports 2012/13, 77th overall TFF 12/13, 28th overall Irish Times 12/13

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by edmo33 » 06 Jan 2019, 13:09

I'm amazed to have my City player starting today....now do i double up (risky as they play last next week),
or do i carry on my weekend trend and do nothing ??

decisions decisions.

Always Next Year
Treebeard
Posts: 277
Joined: 06 Jul 2009, 21:30

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by Always Next Year » 06 Jan 2019, 13:12

Anyone know if pogba is back for next game?

User avatar
happyhoppy
FISO Knight
Posts: 12818
Joined: 30 Dec 2005, 14:27
Location: Southampton
FS Record: TFF 10/11 3rd

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by happyhoppy » 06 Jan 2019, 13:12

Sterling starting makes my decision easy, do nowt. Annoying in a way as many without will just switch out say Hazard and I'll make no ground up.

User avatar
edmo33
FISOhead
Posts: 674
Joined: 16 Aug 2006, 20:33
Location: High and Dry
FS Record: 7th Overall Sky Sports Euro2012, 15th Overall Sky Sports 2012/13, 77th overall TFF 12/13, 28th overall Irish Times 12/13

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by edmo33 » 06 Jan 2019, 13:14

happyhoppy wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 13:12
Sterling starting makes my decision easy, do nowt. Annoying in a way as many without will just switch out say Hazard and I'll make no ground up.

True...but they're down a transfer.

User avatar
brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3002
Joined: 22 Feb 2014, 14:41
Location: Gold Coast QLD
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by brencarr » 06 Jan 2019, 13:18

edmo33 wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 13:14
happyhoppy wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 13:12
Sterling starting makes my decision easy, do nowt. Annoying in a way as many without will just switch out say Hazard and I'll make no ground up.

True...but they're down a transfer.
.... and Chelsea are home to Newcastle next week

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89671
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
Contact:

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by murf » 06 Jan 2019, 13:22

No Deeney for Watford but Hughes or Success against 6th tier Woking over Jesus, Sterling and KdB???

User avatar
Maldini
Dumbledore
Posts: 6109
Joined: 07 Mar 2014, 18:32

TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by Maldini » 06 Jan 2019, 13:22

For the betterment of TFF this season, I’m praying for a Rotherham/Wolves double.

Probably more chance Huddersfield will stay up with a positive goal difference but it would decimate teams and make the game a lot more interesting.



Edit: having seen City’s team, there’s probably more chance of Huddersfield qualifying for Europe!
Last edited by Maldini on 06 Jan 2019, 13:22, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
sjr
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2252
Joined: 12 Feb 2010, 23:18
FS Record: 2013: 652nd single (ish) entry, 2012: Egg Cup L2 Winner & Tiny League Winner

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by sjr » 06 Jan 2019, 13:22

Wow that’s a strong Citeh team... may tinker some in.

HNY to you all

User avatar
Jamjack
FISOhead
Posts: 808
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 22:18
FS Record: Average to Middling

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by Jamjack » 06 Jan 2019, 13:25

Darbyand wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 12:27
Vardy didn't play against Fleetwood away or the home replay or the 4th round game last season. Hmmmm let's see what the lineups bring.
Spanner in the works. Does it have to be a striker? Maybe it is meant to be that Vardy will now start.

User avatar
Jamjack
FISOhead
Posts: 808
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 22:18
FS Record: Average to Middling

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by Jamjack » 06 Jan 2019, 13:27

Also, Laporte on the bench so I would assume he can’t be injured.

hancockjr
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4820
Joined: 17 Aug 2006, 21:24
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.
Contact:

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by hancockjr » 06 Jan 2019, 13:28

sjr wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 13:22
Wow that’s a strong Citeh team... may tinker some in.

HNY to you all ImageImage
It’s only 3 or 4 first teamers (ederson, stones, Sterling and probably walker) so clearly a lot of rotation, but yes Man City have strong enough reserves that even such a side looks strong.

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89671
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
Contact:

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by murf » 06 Jan 2019, 13:29

Rumours of a Laporte injury did leave the door open to an appearance. On the bench today.

SPR
Dumbledore
Posts: 5048
Joined: 01 Oct 2014, 19:49

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by SPR » 06 Jan 2019, 13:31

Sterling starting is annoying!

User avatar
happyhoppy
FISO Knight
Posts: 12818
Joined: 30 Dec 2005, 14:27
Location: Southampton
FS Record: TFF 10/11 3rd

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by happyhoppy » 06 Jan 2019, 13:32

SPR wrote:Sterling starting is annoying!
Well I’m hoping he pays me back some points he’s been rubbish since I put him in a few weeks ago.

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1867
Joined: 13 Aug 2013, 15:15
Location: West Midlands
FS Record: Up the Villa

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by Midlander » 06 Jan 2019, 13:33

Hazard to Sterling? Yay or nay?

User avatar
sjr
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2252
Joined: 12 Feb 2010, 23:18
FS Record: 2013: 652nd single (ish) entry, 2012: Egg Cup L2 Winner & Tiny League Winner

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by sjr » 06 Jan 2019, 13:34

Nay

gio
Treebeard
Posts: 109
Joined: 26 Jul 2017, 17:16
FS Record: TFF 17/18 position 1957
TFF WC18 position 81

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by gio » 06 Jan 2019, 13:42

Hoping ederson can repay me not removing him with a clean sheet at last

User avatar
Jamjack
FISOhead
Posts: 808
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 22:18
FS Record: Average to Middling

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by Jamjack » 06 Jan 2019, 13:43

happyhoppy wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 13:32
SPR wrote:Sterling starting is annoying!
Well I’m hoping he pays me back some points he’s been rubbish since I put him in a few weeks ago.
I think your observation on his form is relevant here. I do wonder if Pep has thrown Sterling in for a confidence boost.

User avatar
longjohn12
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1403
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 21:16

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by longjohn12 » 06 Jan 2019, 13:46

I may have to return Sterling back to my team following a stint with Heung Son-Min. If Sterling plays today he'll be rested mid week against Burton in the Cup Semi so will likely play against Wolves in their next game meaning he'll have two home games versus Rotherham and Wolves compared to Heung Son-Min who will play have one game against Man Utd following a tough looking League Cup Semi against Chelsea where TFF points are not scored (Pochetino will 100% play him seeing as he's losing him). I could lose out quite heavily on points to rivals today so it sems a no brainer insurance policy to me!
Last edited by longjohn12 on 06 Jan 2019, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
longjohn12
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1403
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 21:16

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by longjohn12 » 06 Jan 2019, 13:48

Jamjack wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 13:43
happyhoppy wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 13:32
SPR wrote:Sterling starting is annoying!
Well I’m hoping he pays me back some points he’s been rubbish since I put him in a few weeks ago.
I think your observation on his form is relevant here. I do wonder if Pep has thrown Sterling in for a confidence boost.
Seen this before with Sterling, he goes quiet then for a few games then comes back with a bang. I hoping the bang starts today as he's going in!

User avatar
buttonphobic
FISOhead
Posts: 735
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 00:02
FS Record: a 2nd and 99th place in TFF

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by buttonphobic » 06 Jan 2019, 13:51

Can't decide which way to go
Hazard to Sterling
Son and Anderson to Sterling and Stones
Son and Anderson to Sterling and Jiminez

SPR
Dumbledore
Posts: 5048
Joined: 01 Oct 2014, 19:49

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by SPR » 06 Jan 2019, 13:51

Jamjack wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 13:43
happyhoppy wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 13:32
SPR wrote:Sterling starting is annoying!
Well I’m hoping he pays me back some points he’s been rubbish since I put him in a few weeks ago.
I think your observation on his form is relevant here. I do wonder if Pep has thrown Sterling in for a confidence boost.
I'm going to sit tight and hope his confidence takes a further kicking.

Or I could get rid of Lukaku now, or Aguero.

Always Next Year
Treebeard
Posts: 277
Joined: 06 Jul 2009, 21:30

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by Always Next Year » 06 Jan 2019, 13:57

SPR wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 13:51
Jamjack wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 13:43
happyhoppy wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 13:32
SPR wrote:Sterling starting is annoying!
Well I’m hoping he pays me back some points he’s been rubbish since I put him in a few weeks ago.
I think your observation on his form is relevant here. I do wonder if Pep has thrown Sterling in for a confidence boost.
I'm going to sit tight and hope his confidence takes a further kicking.

Or I could get rid of Lukaku now, or Aguero.
Get rid of lukaku

User avatar
happyhoppy
FISO Knight
Posts: 12818
Joined: 30 Dec 2005, 14:27
Location: Southampton
FS Record: TFF 10/11 3rd

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by happyhoppy » 06 Jan 2019, 14:02

Lukaku to Sterling makes sense to me.

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89671
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
Contact:

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by murf » 06 Jan 2019, 14:12

longjohn12 wrote:I may have to return Sterling back to my team following a stint with Heung Son-Min. If Sterling plays today he'll be rested mid week against Burton in the Cup Semi so will likely play against Wolves in their next game meaning he'll have two home games versus Rotherham and Wolves compared to Heung Son-Min who will play have one game against Man Utd following a tough looking League Cup Semi against Chelsea where TFF points are not scored (Pochetino will 100% play him seeing as he's losing him). I could lose out quite heavily on points to rivals today so it sems a no brainer insurance policy to me!
Hasn't Son gone to the Disneyworld Asia Cup yet?

User avatar
buttonphobic
FISOhead
Posts: 735
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 00:02
FS Record: a 2nd and 99th place in TFF

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by buttonphobic » 06 Jan 2019, 14:14

Reckon a lot of transfers have been burned this weekend thanks to the Mancs

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89671
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
Contact:

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by murf » 06 Jan 2019, 14:18

Sterling (KdB.)
Hughes (corner taker)

Some punts paying off already. Jesus saves his return for later (my punt).
Last edited by murf on 06 Jan 2019, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3002
Joined: 22 Feb 2014, 14:41
Location: Gold Coast QLD
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by brencarr » 06 Jan 2019, 14:18

Sterling (KDB)

User avatar
longjohn12
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1403
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 21:16

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by longjohn12 » 06 Jan 2019, 14:20

murf wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 14:12
longjohn12 wrote:I may have to return Sterling back to my team following a stint with Heung Son-Min. If Sterling plays today he'll be rested mid week against Burton in the Cup Semi so will likely play against Wolves in their next game meaning he'll have two home games versus Rotherham and Wolves compared to Heung Son-Min who will play have one game against Man Utd following a tough looking League Cup Semi against Chelsea where TFF points are not scored (Pochetino will 100% play him seeing as he's losing him). I could lose out quite heavily on points to rivals today so it sems a no brainer insurance policy to me!
Hasn't Son gone to the Disneyworld Asia Cup yet?
No. He's allowed to miss the first two group games meaning he can play against Chelsea (cup) and Man Utd.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests