To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Re: TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by brencarr »

Clean sheet for City!

Eddie Elbows
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 400 finisher TFF 2007/8, 2010/11 and TFF World Cup 2010

Post by Eddie Elbows »

Leicester City XI to face Newport County: Ward, Simpson, Evans, Morgan, Fuchs, Albrighton, Choudhury, James, Ghezzal, Okazaki, Iheanacho.

longjohn12
Grumpy Old Man

Post by longjohn12 »

I remember when Mignolet was a good keeper! I'm going back a while ago mind just look where Sunderland are now !!!

Gonzague
FISOhead

Post by Gonzague »

buttonphobic wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 15:51
murf wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 15:41
buttonphobic wrote:Feel ok with 9 points from Sterling.
Man City players will be feeling so much more confident than this time last week. Compare that to the Liverpool players If Klopp names a weakened side and loses a second game in a row!!!!
Not sure what Klopp will do. Has said there will be 'changes' and confirmed Mignolet and Moreno start. How many more??
Well they'll have to play TAA with no Clyne and also VVD and Lovren with no Gomes or Matip. Possibly
Midnolet, TAA, VVD, Matip, Moreno, Lallana, Keita, Fabinho,Shaq-bob square pants, Origi, Sturridge
Curtis Jones or Ki-Jana Hoever rumoured to be playing at RB tomorrow night. Hoever the next big thing in the LFC academy.

Dr Van Nostrand
Kevin and Perry

Post by Dr Van Nostrand »

Man City players will be feeling so much more confident than this time last week. Compare that to the Liverpool players If Klopp names a weakened side and loses a second game in a row!!!!
Not sure what Klopp will do. Has said there will be 'changes' and confirmed Mignolet and Moreno start. How many more??
Well they'll have to play TAA with no Clyne and also VVD and Lovren with no Gomes or Matip. Possibly
Midnolet, TAA, VVD, Matip, Moreno, Lallana, Keita, Fabinho,Shaq-bob square pants, Origi, Sturridge
Milner can cover RB and Fabinho CB. So TAA and one of Lovren/VVD should be rested. Kloppo was also just raving about a 16 year old Dutch wonderkid Hoever that plays RBs so maybe he comes in.

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

brencarr wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 15:52 Clean sheet for City!
/faints

But happy.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

My mass purging of Manchester City players for Liverpool type one's is not as yet paying dividends and may not for a while. :(

marcml987
Treebeard
FS Record: Poor

Post by marcml987 »

Any hint of any KC’s for Sané?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Dr Van Nostrand wrote:
Milner can cover RB and Fabinho CB. So TAA and one of Lovren/VVD should be rested. Kloppo was also just raving about a 16 year old Dutch wonderkid Hoever that plays RBs so maybe he comes in.
Been a 4 day gap and next is 5 days so less hectic and less need for rests. With Matip and Gomez fairly close to a return I could see a CB being risked with a possible back 4 of Milner Jones Lovren-or-VVD Moreno. No point blooding kids without established players alongside. Too much pressure and responsibility.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

brencarr wrote:Clean sheet for City!
Manchester but not Leicester

Buster
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Twice winner of Tenner League

Post by Buster »

marcml987 wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 17:04 Any hint of any KC’s for Sané?
I watched all the goals on youtube just now, looking for any possible second KCs for Sane or Jesus - but No Cigar :(

marcml987
Treebeard
FS Record: Poor

Post by marcml987 »

Buster wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 17:17
I watched all the goals on youtube just now, looking for any possible second KCs for Sane or Jesus - but No Cigar :(
Thanks. Was going to do the same. Damn shame. But at least he scored

longjohn12
Grumpy Old Man

Post by longjohn12 »

marcml987 wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 17:21
Buster wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 17:17
Thanks. Was going to do the same. Damn shame. But at least he scored
He didn't look very inspired by the game and flittered about without doing anything meaningful until he scored so happy with that if nothing else!

happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

TFF chit chat 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th January

Post by happyhoppy »

Oh Puel struggling what a surprise no good against shite.

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: a 2nd and 9th place in TFF

Post by buttonphobic »

murf wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 17:05
Dr Van Nostrand wrote:
Been a 4 day gap and next is 5 days so less hectic and less need for rests. With Matip and Gomez fairly close to a return I could see a CB being risked with a possible back 4 of Milner Jones Lovren-or-VVD Moreno. No point blooding kids without established players alongside. Too much pressure and responsibility.
The Solanke money will come in handy now the Coutinho money's been used up. Think they need an experienced right back to take the pressure off TAA and an up and coming left back to give Robo a rest once in a while. Re tomorrow Lovren without VVD alongside him is an accident waiting to happen. Don't think I'll be bringing in any Liverpool defenders for that game

Dr Van Nostrand
Kevin and Perry

Post by Dr Van Nostrand »

buttonphobic wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 18:15
murf wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 17:05
Dr Van Nostrand wrote:
The Solanke money will come in handy now the Coutinho money's been used up. Think they need an experienced right back to take the pressure off TAA and an up and coming left back to give Robo a rest once in a while. Think from my calculations the Coutinho money is now used up the the Solanke money will come in handy.
They just loaned out an experienced RB in Clyne though. I reckon Klopp will just use Gomez and Milner there as backups. Moreno remains backup LB for now. But ya come summer another backup FB is needed.

Origi is for sale £15-25m generating some interest so that could be another fat sale incoming this window. Could use another elite forward to help spell the front 3.

edmo33
FISOhead
FS Record: 7th Overall Sky Sports Euro2012, 15th Overall Sky Sports 2012/13, 77th overall TFF 12/13, 28th overall Irish Times 12/13

Post by edmo33 »

A small rise for me so far this week,
And another set of games where I ignored the itchy trigger finger.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

I've not done any transfers since the Liverpool v Manchester City game and have slipped about 400 places. :shock:

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by buttonphobic »

Spinynorman wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 19:56 I've not done any transfers since the Liverpool v Manchester City game and have slipped about 400 places. :shock:
Sounds right. I've made 2 transfers and stayed the same. Terrible week transfer wise. Made 5 in my best team!!!! Intend not to make any over the next three weeks. Must keep thinking ' only transfer if one of my big hitters is predicted to miss 3 weeks). Somehow I don't think it's going to be that easy

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Duplicate post deleted.
Last edited by Striker on 07 Jan 2019, 00:45, edited 1 time in total.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

buttonphobic wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 22:21
Spinynorman wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 19:56 I've not done any transfers since the Liverpool v Manchester City game and have slipped about 400 places. :shock:
Sounds right. I've made 2 transfers and stayed the same. Terrible week transfer wise. Made 5 in my best team!!!! Intend not to make any over the next three weeks. Must keep thinking ' only transfer if one of my big hitters is predicted to miss 3 weeks). Somehow I don't think it's going to be that easy
Surely you're not going to sit on a big hitter who is predicted to miss two games (or even just one in some circumstances) as a predicted two is often more. Better to ignore any "hunch" tinkering. I find that whenever I waste transfers it's usually a result of thinking too short term where the transfers don't involve big hitters. The Cup is a source of transfer temptation where hindsight suggests that the majority of transfers weren't justified. This weekend I made a total of two transfers in my 14 teams. I'm already regretting one of those but I'm certainly not regretting any of the supposed Cup focussed opportunities that I've missed such as Lukaku, Jesus, Morata, etc.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

brencarr wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 08:20 From Pep on Twitter today ....

If you want to become a top, top club you can’t deny any game and we can’t drop any competition.
We are doing to play the FA Cup game (against Rotherham) like a final and that’s going to happen.
If we win, we go through, if we lose we are out of the second most important competition in England.
I prefer to be in this position (still in all competitions) and we have enough squad.
@DeBruyneKev and @IlkayGuendogan are back and we are going to rotate and everybody is going to play.
That is the only way.....

....so, does Klopp feel the same way - or do Liverpool concentrate on the league?

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by buttonphobic »

brencarr wrote: 07 Jan 2019, 13:43
brencarr wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 08:20 From Pep on Twitter today ....

If you want to become a top, top club you can’t deny any game and we can’t drop any competition.
We are doing to play the FA Cup game (against Rotherham) like a final and that’s going to happen.
If we win, we go through, if we lose we are out of the second most important competition in England.
I prefer to be in this position (still in all competitions) and we have enough squad.
@DeBruyneKev and @IlkayGuendogan are back and we are going to rotate and everybody is going to play.
That is the only way.....

....so, does Klopp feel the same way - or do Liverpool concentrate on the league?
Klopp has a tendency to underestimate weaker opposition anyway so with the league/ champions league a priority I think he'll find selecting a weaker team no problem

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I fully expect 9 or 10 changes.

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by buttonphobic »

Striker wrote: 07 Jan 2019, 00:18
buttonphobic wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 22:21
Surely you're not going to sit on a big hitter who is predicted to miss two games (or even just one in some circumstances) as a predicted two is often more. Better to ignore any "hunch" tinkering. I find that whenever I waste transfers it's usually a result of thinking too short term where the transfers don't involve big hitters. The Cup is a source of transfer temptation where hindsight suggests that the majority of transfers weren't justified. This weekend I made a total of two transfers in my 14 teams. I'm already regretting one of those but I'm certainly not regretting any of the supposed Cup focussed opportunities that I've missed such as Lukaku, Jesus, Morata, etc.
I agree with what you say Striker but when you've made as many transfers as I have it's gone beyond ignoring just the hunch tinkering. Granted Three games is a bit wishful thinking. Reckon I'll be pressing that trigger if there's a whiff of more than a week in reality.

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by buttonphobic »

murf wrote: 07 Jan 2019, 16:33 I fully expect 9 or 10 changes.
Mignolet, Moreno, Lovren, Lallana, Origi, maybe Stuuridge on the bench and the rest boys

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Lovren on the naughty step.....starts lol

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish

Post by Spinynorman »

So with no Salah, Alex Arnold, VVD, Alison, Robertson or Jimenez it means I have no one playing. :(

Might as well watch a dvd then. :roll:

edmo33
FISOhead
FS Record: 7th Overall Sky Sports Euro2012, 15th Overall Sky Sports 2012/13, 77th overall TFF 12/13, 28th overall Irish Times 12/13

Post by edmo33 »

Spinynorman wrote: 07 Jan 2019, 19:00 So with no Salah, Alex Arnold, VVD, Alison, Robertson or Jimenez it means I have no one playing. :(

Might as well watch a dvd then. :roll:
jimenez starts ... he's also called Raul :D

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Raul caught me out too.
But Wolves run isn’t great tbh.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”