View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
User avatar
Jamjack
FISOhead
Posts: 762
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 22:18
FS Record: Average to Middling

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by Jamjack » 05 Dec 2018, 14:00

I read somewhere about Alonso having a minor back injury but now can’t find the article. Not very helpful I know. We will find out tonight but he’s not one I’d move unless it was a big problem.

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89176
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
FISO Goals: Score: 231 Position: 9
Contact:

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by murf » 05 Dec 2018, 14:49

Jamjack wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 14:00
I read somewhere about Alonso having a minor back injury but now can’t find the article. Not very helpful I know. We will find out tonight but he’s not one I’d move unless it was a big problem.
Gets a passing mention on BBC preview but no reference / quote

A defence of Alonso/Laporte/Robertson could be quite a void this week....

User avatar
Darbyand
Dumbledore
Posts: 5995
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:45
Location: Lancashire
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. 2016/17 Final table prediction winner.
Contact:

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by Darbyand » 05 Dec 2018, 16:35

When was the last time a Prem game was postponed for a waterlogged pitch? Lower league games must be at threat tonight.

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89176
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
FISO Goals: Score: 231 Position: 9
Contact:

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by murf » 05 Dec 2018, 16:43

Must be a while since any Premiership game was cancelled due to any weather (inc dangerous ice). I can't remember any in the last couple of years but await reminding....

User avatar
Darbyand
Dumbledore
Posts: 5995
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:45
Location: Lancashire
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. 2016/17 Final table prediction winner.
Contact:

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by Darbyand » 05 Dec 2018, 16:50

I'm in the Burnley area today. Just driven from there to Barnoldswick through some knee high water in the back roads. Let's hope they've got plenty of garden forks at Turf Moor.

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89176
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
FISO Goals: Score: 231 Position: 9
Contact:

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by murf » 05 Dec 2018, 17:22

Darbyand wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 16:50
I'm in the Burnley area today. Just driven from there to Barnoldswick through some knee high water in the back roads. Let's hope they've got plenty of garden forks at Turf Moor.
:shock:

Not that bad here thankfully, although the local news is full of film of floods... from 3 years ago (it is the 3rd anniversary of Storm Desmond).

User avatar
Jamjack
FISOhead
Posts: 762
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 22:18
FS Record: Average to Middling

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by Jamjack » 05 Dec 2018, 17:51

murf wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 14:49
Jamjack wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 14:00
I read somewhere about Alonso having a minor back injury but now can’t find the article. Not very helpful I know. We will find out tonight but he’s not one I’d move unless it was a big problem.
Gets a passing mention on BBC preview but no reference / quote

A defence of Alonso/Laporte/Robertson could be quite a void this week....
They make up the spine of most of my teams :roll: Wonderful.

User avatar
edmo33
FISOhead
Posts: 674
Joined: 16 Aug 2006, 20:33
Location: High and Dry
FS Record: 7th Overall Sky Sports Euro2012, 15th Overall Sky Sports 2012/13, 77th overall TFF 12/13, 28th overall Irish Times 12/13

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by edmo33 » 05 Dec 2018, 18:07

murf wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 17:22
Darbyand wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 16:50
I'm in the Burnley area today. Just driven from there to Barnoldswick through some knee high water in the back roads. Let's hope they've got plenty of garden forks at Turf Moor.
:shock:

Not that bad here thankfully, although the local news is full of film of floods... from 3 years ago (it is the 3rd anniversary of Storm Desmond).

Think that calls for a bet on all games finishing 2-2 8-)

User avatar
Jamjack
FISOhead
Posts: 762
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 22:18
FS Record: Average to Middling

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by Jamjack » 05 Dec 2018, 18:50

Carnage!

User avatar
buttonphobic
FISOhead
Posts: 726
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 00:02
FS Record: a 2nd and 99th place in TFF

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by buttonphobic » 05 Dec 2018, 18:54

Klopp underestimating opposition again 😩

User avatar
happyhoppy
FISO Knight
Posts: 12607
Joined: 30 Dec 2005, 14:27
Location: Southampton
FS Record: TFF 10/11 3rd

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by happyhoppy » 05 Dec 2018, 18:56

I've got 5 out (all LFC) in my best team lol

User avatar
edmo33
FISOhead
Posts: 674
Joined: 16 Aug 2006, 20:33
Location: High and Dry
FS Record: 7th Overall Sky Sports Euro2012, 15th Overall Sky Sports 2012/13, 77th overall TFF 12/13, 28th overall Irish Times 12/13

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by edmo33 » 05 Dec 2018, 18:58

buttonphobic wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 18:54
Klopp underestimating opposition again 😩

Or just sensibly thinking about Bournemouth and Napoli :wink:

User avatar
Jamjack
FISOhead
Posts: 762
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 22:18
FS Record: Average to Middling

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by Jamjack » 05 Dec 2018, 19:01

happyhoppy wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 18:56
I've got 5 out (all LFC) in my best team lol
Feeling your pain. This has made my Salah “itch” worse

LenH
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2023
Joined: 14 Aug 2009, 11:30
Location: NYC

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by LenH » 05 Dec 2018, 19:02

Christ, this is painful. Al those Cherries holders in my sl rubbing their hands in glee at me tonight.

Don't think I can resist an Aubameyang tinker.
Last edited by LenH on 05 Dec 2018, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
marcml987
Wideboy
Posts: 94
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 22:01
FS Record: Poor

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by marcml987 » 05 Dec 2018, 19:03

What do we know about Aguero’s injury gents?

Looking for an excuse to replace him with Aubameyang

LenH
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2023
Joined: 14 Aug 2009, 11:30
Location: NYC

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by LenH » 05 Dec 2018, 19:12

He's a doubt for Saturday and Chelsea. Reports I've read say a maximum(?) of two weeks for the injury, that would be five days. And we all know how these have dragged on before. But of course you pays yer money, you take your chance.

Depending on your number of subs I'd be making that change.

Sieben
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 488
Joined: 09 Nov 2015, 21:56

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by Sieben » 05 Dec 2018, 19:24

Jamjack wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 19:01
happyhoppy wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 18:56
I've got 5 out (all LFC) in my best team lol
Feeling your pain. This has made my Salah “itch” worse
Liverpool have the early kick off on Saturday. Not a move I am considering. He Will probably score off the bench.

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1859
Joined: 13 Aug 2013, 15:15
Location: West Midlands
FS Record: Up the Villa

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by Midlander » 05 Dec 2018, 19:27

Kane or Auba? Help

User avatar
marcml987
Wideboy
Posts: 94
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 22:01
FS Record: Poor

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by marcml987 » 05 Dec 2018, 19:28

LenH wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 19:12
He's a doubt for Saturday and Chelsea. Reports I've read say a maximum(?) of two weeks for the injury, that would be five days. And we all know how these have dragged on before. But of course you pays yer money, you take your chance.

Depending on your number of subs I'd be making that change.
I’m single team and on 27. Think I’ll go for it.

LenH
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2023
Joined: 14 Aug 2009, 11:30
Location: NYC

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by LenH » 05 Dec 2018, 19:29

Midlander wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 19:27
Kane or Auba? Help
Both! :twisted:

LenH
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2023
Joined: 14 Aug 2009, 11:30
Location: NYC

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by LenH » 05 Dec 2018, 19:53

marcml987 wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 19:28
LenH wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 19:12
He's a doubt for Saturday and Chelsea. Reports I've read say a maximum(?) of two weeks for the injury, that would be five days. And we all know how these have dragged on before. But of course you pays yer money, you take your chance.

Depending on your number of subs I'd be making that change.
I’m single team and on 27. Think I’ll go for it.
Same here, good luck!

User avatar
Eddie Elbows
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1758
Joined: 26 Mar 2009, 21:19
Location: In the meadow gassing Badgers.
FS Record: Top 400 finisher TFF 2007/8, 2010/11 and TFF World Cup 2010
Contact:

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by Eddie Elbows » 05 Dec 2018, 20:04

0-1 Loftus Road Cheeky Boy
0-1 Solomon 'Goal Machine' Rondon (Murphy)
Last edited by Eddie Elbows on 05 Dec 2018, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89176
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
FISO Goals: Score: 231 Position: 9
Contact:

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by murf » 05 Dec 2018, 20:06

Burnley 5 v 7 Liverpool
Everton 3 v 3 Newcastle
Fulham 2 v 4 Leicester
Wolves 3 v 5 Chelsea
Man Utd 7 v 2 Arsenal
Tottenham 5 v 4 Saints

So just 50 changes between the 12 teams tonight (average 4.2 - but more than that in my key TFF teams!). None beating the 8 last night for City.

Not sure the teams not in Europe have much of an excuse but the Premier League organisers can only blame themselves. Take Liverpool for example, do they really expect strong teams when making us play Sunday teatime, Weds evening then Saturday lunchtime? Especially when sandwiched tight between 2 decisive CL games. Good job the busy christmas period isn't coming up....

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89176
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
FISO Goals: Score: 231 Position: 9
Contact:

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by murf » 05 Dec 2018, 20:08

Eddie Elbows wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 20:04
0-1 Loftus Road Cheeky Boy
BBC reporting it as a Coady OG to reward those (of us) who have stood by him. [EDIT - Changed their text to "For now it's been awarded as a Loftus-Cheek goal but don't be surprised if it ends up being classed as a Coady own goal."]

but

TFF saying Loftus (Cheek, Hazard)*

Oh and there's a Kane (Eriksen)*

(* TFF so assists)

Also for those with defenders Gomez just been stretchered off with an ankle injury. TAA on.
Last edited by murf on 05 Dec 2018, 20:13, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Eddie Elbows
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1758
Joined: 26 Mar 2009, 21:19
Location: In the meadow gassing Badgers.
FS Record: Top 400 finisher TFF 2007/8, 2010/11 and TFF World Cup 2010
Contact:

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by Eddie Elbows » 05 Dec 2018, 20:11

Doors off. 1-0 Kane (Eriksen)

User avatar
Eddie Elbows
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1758
Joined: 26 Mar 2009, 21:19
Location: In the meadow gassing Badgers.
FS Record: Top 400 finisher TFF 2007/8, 2010/11 and TFF World Cup 2010
Contact:

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by Eddie Elbows » 05 Dec 2018, 20:12

murf wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 20:08
Eddie Elbows wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 20:04
0-1 Loftus Road Cheeky Boy
BBC reporting it as a Coady OG to reward those (of us) who have stood by him.

but

TFF saying Loftus (Cheek, Hazard)*

Oh and there's a Kane (Eriksen)*

(* TFF so assists)

Also for those with defenders Gomez just been stretchered off with an ankle injury. TAA on.
Sky say RLC - for now

User avatar
Jamjack
FISOhead
Posts: 762
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 22:18
FS Record: Average to Middling

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by Jamjack » 05 Dec 2018, 20:21

The Gomez injury takes my situation to a farcical level. I’ve not had a proper kick in the balls yet this year so it’s probably overdue. Time will heal, I can almost stand up straight already.
Last edited by Jamjack on 05 Dec 2018, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Eddie Elbows
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1758
Joined: 26 Mar 2009, 21:19
Location: In the meadow gassing Badgers.
FS Record: Top 400 finisher TFF 2007/8, 2010/11 and TFF World Cup 2010
Contact:

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by Eddie Elbows » 05 Dec 2018, 20:29

Everton 1-1 You Know Who (Siggy, Mina)
0-1 Arsenal Mustafi (Torreeira) De Gea clanger
Fulham 1-0 Kamara (The Serbian Drogba)
Utd 1-1 Martial (Herrera)

User avatar
marcml987
Wideboy
Posts: 94
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 22:01
FS Record: Poor

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by marcml987 » 05 Dec 2018, 20:34

LenH wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 19:53
marcml987 wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 19:28
LenH wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 19:12
He's a doubt for Saturday and Chelsea. Reports I've read say a maximum(?) of two weeks for the injury, that would be five days. And we all know how these have dragged on before. But of course you pays yer money, you take your chance.

Depending on your number of subs I'd be making that change.
I’m single team and on 27. Think I’ll go for it.
Same here, good luck!
Fingers crossed. Done some surgery over last week. Hazard to Kane and now Aubameyang for Aguero.

Thing is I’m tempted to shift Salah for Wilson soon too. Still not sure on that one.

User avatar
Eddie Elbows
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1758
Joined: 26 Mar 2009, 21:19
Location: In the meadow gassing Badgers.
FS Record: Top 400 finisher TFF 2007/8, 2010/11 and TFF World Cup 2010
Contact:

Re: TFF chit chat 4th and 5th December

Post by Eddie Elbows » 05 Dec 2018, 20:42

Getting quite tasty at Old Trafford. Five yellows so far.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests