View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

To Tinker Salah....

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
Post Reply
bluepeter
Treebeard
Posts: 258
Joined: 02 Jan 2008, 19:14
Location: in Blue Heaven
FS Record: nothing of any note

To Tinker Salah....

Post by bluepeter » 04 Oct 2018, 14:46

Been keeping faith in salah and Aubamgyang since the start, history and fixtures driving my perseverance.

However considering a straight swap to Kane Maddison. Both clearly in form, but is it a tinker too far driven by 40 transfers? Can’t afford to do just one- it’s 2 subs or nothing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89176
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
FISO Goals: Score: 231 Position: 9
Contact:

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by murf » 04 Oct 2018, 15:05

Auba has been poor and should have gone a while ago. Salah I'm sticking with - after sunday the fixtures get easier and as soon as he hits form you will want him.

User avatar
Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
Posts: 25878
Joined: 23 Jul 2006, 08:12
Location: West Midlands.
FS Record: Under Ordinary
FISO Goals: Score: 237 Position: 5

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by Spinynorman » 04 Oct 2018, 15:43

Would have made a bit of sense a few games back but perhaps not now.

Striker
FISO Knight
Posts: 10559
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by Striker » 04 Oct 2018, 17:10

Spinynorman wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 15:43
Would have made a bit of sense a few games back but perhaps not now.
Exactly. What is the guy thinking? Soon it'll be time to be putting Mo back into our teams.

Taking him out now would be silly unless you are convinced that after City he still won't deliver even against 3 of the worst PL defences in an upcoming run of four games.

bluepeter
Treebeard
Posts: 258
Joined: 02 Jan 2008, 19:14
Location: in Blue Heaven
FS Record: nothing of any note

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by bluepeter » 05 Oct 2018, 14:46

Thanks all.

The wall of opinion was what I expected, and what I needed to hear. Exactly why I picked salah to start with - a season long barring injury.
Think it’s triggered by my internal frustration at sticking with augb this long, in the hope he’ll come good
Review after international break.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89176
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
FISO Goals: Score: 231 Position: 9
Contact:

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by murf » 05 Oct 2018, 14:49

bluepeter wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 14:46
Thanks all.

The wall of opinion was what I expected, and what I needed to hear. Exactly why I picked salah to start with - a season long barring injury.
Think it’s triggered by my internal frustration at sticking with augb this long, in the hope he’ll come good
Review after international break.
Really? With Kane at home to Cardiff?????


[walks away whistling....]

User avatar
Jamjack
FISOhead
Posts: 762
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 22:18
FS Record: Average to Middling

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by Jamjack » 05 Oct 2018, 15:25

murf wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 14:49
bluepeter wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 14:46
Thanks all.

The wall of opinion was what I expected, and what I needed to hear. Exactly why I picked salah to start with - a season long barring injury.
Think it’s triggered by my internal frustration at sticking with augb this long, in the hope he’ll come good
Review after international break.
Really? With Kane at home to Cardiff?????


[walks away whistling....]
Pure evil....

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 67232
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
FISO Goals: Score: 28 Position: 52
Contact:

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by blahblah » 05 Oct 2018, 15:36

Jamjack wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 15:25
murf wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 14:49
bluepeter wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 14:46
Thanks all.

The wall of opinion was what I expected, and what I needed to hear. Exactly why I picked salah to start with - a season long barring injury.
Think it’s triggered by my internal frustration at sticking with augb this long, in the hope he’ll come good
Review after international break.
Really? With Kane at home to Cardiff?????


[walks away whistling....]
Pure evil....
Or a reverse jinx for a Liverpool win?

User avatar
Jamjack
FISOhead
Posts: 762
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 22:18
FS Record: Average to Middling

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by Jamjack » 05 Oct 2018, 15:38

blahblah wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 15:36
Jamjack wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 15:25
murf wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 14:49
bluepeter wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 14:46
Thanks all.

The wall of opinion was what I expected, and what I needed to hear. Exactly why I picked salah to start with - a season long barring injury.
Think it’s triggered by my internal frustration at sticking with augb this long, in the hope he’ll come good
Review after international break.
Really? With Kane at home to Cardiff?????


[walks away whistling....]
Pure evil....
Or a reverse jinx for a Liverpool win?
I’ll take that.

[Said whilst observing how glaring short of Kane most of my teams are]

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 67232
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
FISO Goals: Score: 28 Position: 52
Contact:

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by blahblah » 05 Oct 2018, 15:40

Salah to Kane to KdB is an idea?

User avatar
Jamjack
FISOhead
Posts: 762
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 22:18
FS Record: Average to Middling

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by Jamjack » 05 Oct 2018, 15:48

I’ve got Serg, Salah, Hazard and Mane as a typical template at the moment. Any Kane move required 2 transfers unless in a swap for Serg. In truth I’ve been switching those two around a bit for extra games.

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 67232
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
FISO Goals: Score: 28 Position: 52
Contact:

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by blahblah » 05 Oct 2018, 15:53

Seeing as the circle is about to ring: I used the Mendy injury to up grade Salah to Kane :lol:

At least I think I did.

User avatar
Jamjack
FISOhead
Posts: 762
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 22:18
FS Record: Average to Middling

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by Jamjack » 05 Oct 2018, 16:01

blahblah wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 15:53
Seeing as the circle is about to ring: I used the Mendy injury to up grade Salah to Kane :lol:

At least I think I did.
About time you got Mendy

[Walks away whilsting....As Murf would say] :lol:

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 67232
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
FISO Goals: Score: 28 Position: 52
Contact:

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by blahblah » 05 Oct 2018, 16:10

Jamjack wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 16:01
blahblah wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 15:53
Seeing as the circle is about to ring: I used the Mendy injury to up grade Salah to Kane :lol:

At least I think I did.
About time you got Mendy

[Walks away whilsting....As Murf would say] :lol:
Yep, that is the plan - although Laporte could close the door on that cycle.

bluepeter
Treebeard
Posts: 258
Joined: 02 Jan 2008, 19:14
Location: in Blue Heaven
FS Record: nothing of any note

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by bluepeter » 05 Oct 2018, 16:18

Evil exactly..... and therein is the problem.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluepeter
Treebeard
Posts: 258
Joined: 02 Jan 2008, 19:14
Location: in Blue Heaven
FS Record: nothing of any note

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by bluepeter » 07 Oct 2018, 13:58

Why didn’t you all talk me out of it......
Kane vs Cardiff you say, augb should have gone weeks ago you say.....

🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 67232
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
FISO Goals: Score: 28 Position: 52
Contact:

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by blahblah » 07 Oct 2018, 14:13

Permission to gloat (even if just short term) Kane to Lac this morning, kinda knee-jerky having watched Spurs yesterday.....

bluepeter
Treebeard
Posts: 258
Joined: 02 Jan 2008, 19:14
Location: in Blue Heaven
FS Record: nothing of any note

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by bluepeter » 07 Oct 2018, 14:36

Permission granted....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Jamjack
FISOhead
Posts: 762
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 22:18
FS Record: Average to Middling

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by Jamjack » 07 Oct 2018, 22:00

blahblah wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 14:13
Permission to gloat (even if just short term) Kane to Lac this morning, kinda knee-jerky having watched Spurs yesterday.....
Well done. It crossed my mind, for the couple of teams I did bring Kane into, but I warned myself off that I was starting one of my ill-fated tinker transfers spirals of doom :lol:

He who dares Rodders.

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 67232
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
FISO Goals: Score: 28 Position: 52
Contact:

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by blahblah » 07 Oct 2018, 22:11

I only have the Egg lot, and the Trip to Mendy worked too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tbh, I am a tad confused why they are doing a lot better than my FPL side - but I think I can go a while with the Egg lot without many more transfers. Xmas with over 20 left and 8-)

User avatar
Jamjack
FISOhead
Posts: 762
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 22:18
FS Record: Average to Middling

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by Jamjack » 07 Oct 2018, 22:38

I stalled on putting Mendy back too as I never expected defensive points from that game. What do I know. The drawing board is going to be well used over the break :lol:

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 67232
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
FISO Goals: Score: 28 Position: 52
Contact:

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by blahblah » 07 Oct 2018, 22:43

When I did it, I looked at it as Tripper's however many plus whatever mendied Mendy got today and :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spurs were woeful yesterday, and I knee jerked Kane to Lac. But Trip was on the way out due to fixtures and Mendy was always back when fit to start.

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89176
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
FISO Goals: Score: 231 Position: 9
Contact:

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by murf » 12 Oct 2018, 19:40

The resurgence starts here.

Salah has just scored for Egypt. From a corner. That's direct from a corner.

Always Next Year
Treebeard
Posts: 277
Joined: 06 Jul 2009, 21:30

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by Always Next Year » 13 Oct 2018, 07:49

He went off injured as well didnt he?

Didnt watch the game, so not sure how serious the injury is.

User avatar
murf
FISO Baron
Posts: 89176
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28
Location: Chasing an egg (see my WWW or FPL links)
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
FISO Goals: Score: 231 Position: 9
Contact:

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by murf » 13 Oct 2018, 11:32

Liverpool Echo:

Mohamed Salah’s fitness scare is “not a big injury” according to Egypt’s assistant manager.

The Reds winger scored straight from a corner-kick as Egypt beat Swaziland 4-1 in an African Nations Cup qualifier in Cairo last night.

But he suffered a muscle problem in the late stages of the game which appeared to be a hamstring worry.

"The initial diagnosis confirmed that the injury is a muscle strain and there is no possibility of muscle rupture,” Ramzy said, as reported by the Daily Express

“The player needs to have radiation :shock: to determine the injury and the duration of his absence.

“It is not a big injury, we support him with all our energy and we hope he will return without being affected by an injury as soon as possible.”

User avatar
Jamjack
FISOhead
Posts: 762
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 22:18
FS Record: Average to Middling

Re: To Tinker Salah....

Post by Jamjack » 13 Oct 2018, 22:23

So anywhere between available for next weekend and 6 months out with radiation poisoning! I could had done with any injury to magic Mo happening 3 weeks ago.

For those that aren’t already members on the Fantasy Football Scout website (I’m not given the FPL focus), they are giving free access to members articles this weekend. I mention it here because there is a good Liverpool analysis article that’s very relevant to the discussion we have had on here.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests