To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF chit chat 5th, 6th and 7th October

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Re: TFF chit chat 5th, 6th and 7th October

Post by Jamjack »

murf wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 14:52 Was always sensible to remove him with Kane, Aguero, Hazard all finding some form plus cheaper options. Even Lacazette was a better Arsenal bet.
This is all true and we have reached the point in the season when my starting 11 makes huge gains towards overtaking my current 11.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

TAA drops to bench. Lovren starts. Gomez presumably RB. Henderson starts ahead of benched Keita and his bad back.

Liverpool: Alisson, Gomez, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Henderson, Mane, Salah, Firmino.
Subs: Mignolet, Fabinho, Keita, Sturridge, Shaqiri, Matip, Alexander-Arnold.

Mendy mended.

CITY XI | Ederson, Walker, Stones, Laporte, Mendy, Fernandinho, Silva (C), Bernardo, Mahrez, Sterling, Aguero
SUBS | Muric, Danilo, Kompany, Sané, Otamendi, Jesus, Foden

Sane benched to avoid being in TAA's pocket again only to find he isn't starting!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Jamjack wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 15:22
murf wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 14:52 Was always sensible to remove him with Kane, Aguero, Hazard all finding some form plus cheaper options. Even Lacazette was a better Arsenal bet.
This is all true and we have reached the point in the season when my starting 11 makes huge gains towards overtaking my current 11.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

2-0 Barkley (Giroud, will.i.an)

Maldini
Dumbledore

TFF chit chat 5th, 6th and 7th October

Post by Maldini »

Lovren starting a big bonus for Aguero holders. My teams could do with a 0-0 though.

Ings lucky to stay on the pitch. Poor tackle.

0-3 Morata (Hazard, Alonso)

Always Next Year
Treebeard

Post by Always Next Year »

Everyone scoring good points this weekend?

LenH
Grumpy Old Man

Post by LenH »

Seem ok so far (17 yesterday and currently a provisional 38 before they play now) but sure it'll got tits up in the next few hours. Which gets me over the 50 points a week aim...just.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Always Next Year wrote:Everyone scoring good points this weekend?
Yesterday, no.

So far today, yes.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I could do with 0-0 :?

jjmatadormc
FISOhead
FS Record: Euro 2016 TFF Predictor Winner

Post by jjmatadormc »

I wouldn't say no to a Trent AA goal.

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

TFF live giving Alison the points for a penalty save, is that right?

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

No. Pretty sure it just defaults the points to the keeper when a pen is missed.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Darbyand wrote:TFF live giving Alison the points for a penalty save, is that right?
No, it is not right.... that you trust TFF Live.

I think the fan in Row Z gets the points for the save.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Is it that bad?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

blahblah wrote:Is it that bad?
Does most of the basics right but when it still can't deal with something as straightforward as a missed penalty then, yes, it deserves slating.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

murf wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 18:27
blahblah wrote:Is it that bad?
Does most of the basics right but when it still can't deal with something as straightforward as a missed penalty then, yes, it deserves slating.
I can kinda cope with that as I had stopped looking by then :lol:

About 80 for the weekend for the Egg's - I don't think there are any 2nd KC things to be added.

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

murf wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 18:24
Darbyand wrote:TFF live giving Alison the points for a penalty save, is that right?
No, it is not right.... that you trust TFF Live.

I think the fan in Row Z gets the points for the save.
I don't. The question should probably have been 'that's not right is it'.

Mo Shadow dipped below 65% ownership before today's game. I won't be in any hurry to reinsert until he starts showing some of last season's form.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Salah against Huddersfield and Cardiff next two games tempts me but he does look a little out of sorts.

Gabriel Jesus looks to have been spending too much time in the local Nando’s.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

And he could easily be "rested" for those with Shaq and Sturridge starting. All of the front 3 looked tired and static etc in the last 2 matches to me. Maybe it is the lack of an AM in the midfield, but that fluidity etc is lacking.

Darbyand
FISO Knight

Post by Darbyand »

Maldini wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 18:40 Salah against Huddersfield and Cardiff next two games tempts me
2 for 0 over Chelsea? Hmmm.

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: a 2nd and 9th place in TFF

Post by buttonphobic »

High:77
Low:47
Best team:57
20 teams between 1000th and 6000th
Average transfers left 34
Solid start I think

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by buttonphobic »

blahblah wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 18:43 And he could easily be "rested" for those with Shaq and Sturridge starting. All of the front 3 looked tired and static etc in the last 2 matches to me. Maybe it is the lack of an AM in the midfield, but that fluidity etc is lacking.
I think you're right re the lack of AM. Lallana or the Ox would connect the Mid with their front three. It's down to Keita but he looks like he needs a while to settle.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Indeed re Keita. I watched a whack of their preseason and Fab was far better, but he "needs" time...

Wij was getting forward in preseason and looked the player he was at Newcastle, but that stopped once the Prem started.

re the static stuff: my memory of last season was not really knowing where the front 3 "played" but Che and Nap was very much Salah right, Bobby middle and Mane left.... With 3 Def's and a GK in TFF I was trying not to watch today, lol, but it seemed similar again? Mo and Bobby look zonked and Mane never passes when vaguely near the opp's goal - and if he does it is a delay pass so he can get in position to score....

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

High: 55

Low: 41

Best team: 55

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by buttonphobic »

blahblah wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 19:41 Indeed re Keita. I watched a whack of their preseason and Fab was far better, but he "needs" time...

Wij was getting forward in preseason and looked the player he was at Newcastle, but that stopped once the Prem started.

re the static stuff: my memory of last season was not really knowing where the front 3 "played" but Che and Nap was very much Salah right, Bobby middle and Mane left.... With 3 Def's and a GK in TFF I was trying not to watch today, lol, but it seemed similar again? Mo and Bobby look zonked and Mane never passes when vaguely near the opp's goal - and if he does it is a delay pass so he can get in position to score....
I think for once the international break has come at a good time for Liverpool
Barring international injuries of course

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

And Spurs, there were woeful at the weekend.

I think the time-out for Klippity would be rather beneficial, and the players at Spurs, who should pull a load out of the Internationals.

jjmatadormc
FISOhead
FS Record: Euro 2016 TFF Predictor Winner

Post by jjmatadormc »

Hang on Trent AA didn't play, that's a bag of wrong.

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

I’ve not really seen enough of the Liverpool games to have a view on the midfield/attack observation. From what I have seen of Salah he still looks good but he doesn’t seem to playing with the same freedom or intensity so far this season. Is there a chance he is still suffering from the shoulder problem?

I defiantly feel he has to show me something more over the next two games given the lower priced alternative options scoring just as well as him at the moment.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Tbh he has got worse. I didn't really watch today as I had Alisson, VvD, Robbo and Mendy (plus Kun) in TFF Land playing so kinda scary. But Chelsea and Napoli weren't good, but as above the apparent fluidity of last season seems to have gone...

Sold him from both FPL and TFF recently and no real plans to bring him back, but proabbaly could if I "need" to. The way Chelsea are set up makes Eden far better FF wise, imho.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

He isn't getting enough action to get a flow going and so is losing his touch and getting a little frustrated. Liverpool's best attacker today but that isn't saying much. Whole Liverpool attack (inc midfield) just isn't working of late. Defensive solidity saving them. How times change....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”