To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfers Used

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
Mins
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 15th in 2010

Re: Transfers Used

Post by Mins »

It goes really quiet on here during the international break doesn't it? Sticking to the theme of transfers, is anyone thinking they will be doing any early Saturday before kick off or is it all wait and see again like the first day of the season?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Mins wrote:It goes really quiet on here during the international break doesn't it? Sticking to the theme of transfers, is anyone thinking they will be doing any early Saturday before kick off or is it all wait and see again like the first day of the season?
Depends which members of my team Gareth and his peers have managed to break for me....

muldoon
FISOhead
FS Record: many years playing TFF, still learning the FPL ropes

Post by muldoon »

@mins not planning on it, but this could easily change as I have Zaha, and if it transpires he's out for a while I'll have to get rid of him. I'm hoping he just had a bad dose of friendlyitis though and he's back for his tasty run of Hudd/Newc/Bou/Wol.

I didn't follow any of the International results over the last few days so may have more damage to repair. Any international injury reports apart from Shaw getting a whack in the head? (I not got him anyway)

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

I’m sort of hoping that a injury to one of my team creates an Alonso priced hole in my 11 because I’m not brave enough to make a more proactive change. Poor show.

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 2nd (08/09) and 9th (20/21). Led TFF in Feb of 23/24 eventually finishing up??

Post by buttonphobic »

murf wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 21:29
buttonphobic wrote:Used 37 or 38 with most teams.
How did you get round the 5 per week rule? ;)
:lol: well spotted :oops:

Rowicki
Kevin and Perry

Post by Rowicki »

Would be great to know how many transfers everyone has used in their best team and how many points you have
Mine is
Best team 1178
Transfers Remaining 29

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Rowicki wrote:Would be great to know how many transfers everyone has used in their best team and how many points you have
Mine is
Best team 1178
Transfers Remaining 29
Many will have more points and less transfers. Think you could/should be saying the same. The tortoise beat the hare by employing an even pace not a sprint finish.
I've got 1239pts and 26 transfers (with 2 injured so effectively 24) - wish I used more to better effect. Had a steady defence and haven't always had the best attackers that using the extra transfers a solid defence allows.

mysteryshopper
FISOhead

Post by mysteryshopper »

I'm happy to show my hand if others show theirs.
My best is 1253 with 23 transfers although I have a few with less points and more transfers but this is my preferred one

Darkish
Treebeard
FS Record: Hit the top 50k this year in FPL

Post by Darkish »

First time playing, so haven't paced myself well transfer wise. Currently 1,317 with 17 left (16 due to Kane needing to go)

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Darkish wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 18:25 First time playing, so haven't paced myself well transfer wise. Currently 1,317 with 17 left (16 due to Kane needing to go)
You haven't been that profligate. A decade ago we only had 20 transfers for the whole season and we managed. :wink: Judging transfer use against pro rata use is as good a guide as any. Currently this would suggest that one should have 18-19 transfers left. So you are not too far away. Once upon a time there was far more scope for using transfers profitably at the end of the season, but with fewer games being postponed and fewer cup replays, fixture pile ups are rarely that serious these days, and the potential for using transfers in the last six weeks of the season is reduced. This doesn't mean actually risking running out of transfers more than three weeks from the end of the season, but it does mean not entering April with more than about half a dozen transfers left.

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 2nd (08/09) and 9th (20/21). Led TFF in Feb of 23/24 eventually finishing up??

Post by buttonphobic »

Striker wrote: 17 Jan 2019, 14:31
Darkish wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 18:25 First time playing, so haven't paced myself well transfer wise. Currently 1,317 with 17 left (16 due to Kane needing to go)
You haven't been that profligate. A decade ago we only had 20 transfers for the whole season and we managed. :wink: Judging transfer use against pro rata use is as good a guide as any. Currently this would suggest that one should have 18-19 transfers left. So you are not too far away. Once upon a time there was far more scope for using transfers profitably at the end of the season, but with fewer games being postponed and fewer cup replays, fixture pile ups are rarely that serious these days, and the potential for using transfers in the last six weeks of the season is reduced. This doesn't mean actually risking running out of transfers more than three weeks from the end of the season, but it does mean not entering April with more than about half a dozen transfers left.
I agree with this. The year I came second I entered April (whoever she is) with about 6 transfers left.

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by buttonphobic »

I bet all those around you have Kane. Deciding on his replacement Could be a season defining decision. Good luck

Jamjack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average to Middling

Post by Jamjack »

Darkish wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 18:25 First time playing ......1,317
You and me are going to fall out :evil:

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

I've 1 team a point ahead of you with a few less transfers and 1 team 17 points behind you with a few more. I'm hopeful of a high finish so you should be also given some good decisions in the months ahead.

I don't have Kane in either which helps also

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

I made 5 transfers yesterday to make use of the extra 2 games Man c play before Liverpool play again - and it paid dividends :D I moved up 2000 places into 1390th which doesn't sound high but i'm chuffed with it considering I still have 20 transfers left. And my team now just consists of Chelsea and Man c players and with one Everton player. So hoping this team can progress even further whilst Liverpool players have a rest. Currently have 1252 points and i'm buzzing. Just hope I can make another few good moves after this one.

littlefeller
Treebeard
FS Record: Sportsbox World Cup winner 2010
7th place TFF 2017

Post by littlefeller »

Biddles32 wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 14:00 I made 5 transfers yesterday to make use of the extra 2 games Man c play before Liverpool play again - and it paid dividends :D I moved up 2000 places into 1390th which doesn't sound high but i'm chuffed with it considering I still have 20 transfers left. And my team now just consists of Chelsea and Man c players and with one Everton player. So hoping this team can progress even further whilst Liverpool players have a rest. Currently have 1252 points and i'm buzzing. Just hope I can make another few good moves after this one.
Good effort from your tortoise team. If your City subs maintain form you should be aiming to finish well in the top 100 overall.

mysteryshopper
FISOhead

Post by mysteryshopper »

Got a few teams I threw transfers at this week looking ok I hope.
Best looks like 1324 with 20transfers but my best team changes each week. Should get plenty points before Liverpool play again.is it worth using notebook transfers to bring back Robertson, AA, van dijk? Or just stick with the Ines still in the cup?

js234
Treebeard

Post by js234 »

1324 with 20 transfers looks great I think

mysteryshopper
FISOhead

Post by mysteryshopper »

It's always hard to tell until you see other players teams. Plenty time to make a mess of it. Still torn on sticking with the team or bringing pool defence back in for a few games. After City play Newcastle i could have a pool defence 3-1 over city defence with City's 1 game being against Arsenal. My one League team has more points than this team but only got 10 left in that one so not sure that will last the distance.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

littlefeller wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 20:52
Biddles32 wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 14:00 I made 5 transfers yesterday to make use of the extra 2 games Man c play before Liverpool play again - and it paid dividends :D I moved up 2000 places into 1390th which doesn't sound high but i'm chuffed with it considering I still have 20 transfers left. And my team now just consists of Chelsea and Man c players and with one Everton player. So hoping this team can progress even further whilst Liverpool players have a rest. Currently have 1252 points and i'm buzzing. Just hope I can make another few good moves after this one.
Good effort from your tortoise team. If your City subs maintain form you should be aiming to finish well in the top 100 overall.
I hope so, my third season playing this game and learnt a lot from the help of this forum. I read something on this forum about Graham Dolan coming from miles behind in the leaderboard when he won it 2016/2017 season so hoping I can replicate something like that :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”